trump shouldn't be charged with a crime in the hush money case

Author: n8nrgim

Total: 73
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
I've said this over and over again for the "orange man bad" people.  Another nothing burger coming from the media.  This is all political targeting and grasping at straws to try to nail someone that they are afraid of.  The media is portraying this to the brainless people out there that will look at this theater and think Donald Trump is a criminal and a threat to society.
Bingo. The fact that they spent over 4 years investigating something that happened over 6 years ago and only have an accusation now, based on a testimony from a guy who will lie for whatever cause benefits him the most, and questionable legal semantics tells me everything I need to know about this.

Any judge would be righteous to toss this case as moot, let alone the lack of evidence (after 4 years!) and the twisting of definitions.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@DavidAZ
^^^ forgot to tag
DavidAZ
Debates: 8
DavidAZ
-->
@zedvictor4
I can't deny that. 

Looks like the ones who pulls the trigger only sees him and not others. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Like I said, there are solid reasons why this has dragged on for 7 years. Ignoring those reasons does not prove what a smart guy you are. 
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@n8nrgim
except trump didn't even lie.
LOL, you guys are hilarious.

Trump has done nothing but lie about it from the very beginning, initially he said he didn't even know Stormy, and steriotypically he has continuously lied about it every step of the way. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@DavidAZ
Bound to happen.

It's where the s**t was inevitably going to stick.
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@ILikePie5
That’s a false equivalency. Murder =/= Lying. If you’re relying on a person who has a history of perjury to tell you the truth about something, their testimony should be questioned.
Are you saying a murderer, a professional criminal, a person who has been in jail previously , a person who loan sharks, or forces people to pay protection money has more credibility than a person who has lied in the past? That’s ridiculous. This is why you are a moron. And morons support Donald Trump.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Mharman
Any judge would be righteous to toss this case as moot, let alone the lack of evidence (after 4 years!) and the twisting of definitions.
There’s plenty of evidence Trump knew he was illegally paying hush money using a campaign donation from Cohen, and reporting it as a business expense.

They have audio recordings of Trump discussing it and checks signed by Trump 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
There’s plenty of evidence...
Ok Schiff
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
What I find funny is the internal battle of the Smart Democrats trying to convince the Stupid Democrats that making Trump a Martyr isn't good for the country, but you can see how that goes.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Greyparrot
What I find funny is the internal battle of the Smart Democrats trying to convince the Stupid Democrats that making Trump a Martyr isn't good for the country, but you can see how that goes.
Martyrdom is Trump's primary fundraising technique, the swindler in chief found it's one of the very best ways to fleece his supporters.  
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Sidewalker
initially he said he didn't even know Stormy
Has he recanted?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Has he recanted?
Well there was that picture of him with Stormy and that 130,000 he gave her through his lawyer.

Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
initially he said he didn't even know Stormy
Has he recanted?
He doubles down untill his lies are completely exposed, and then his story changes, I wouldn't exactly call that "recanting". 

I think the latest is he was just trying to keep Melania from finding out about his infidelity.   

Melania is just thankful that Stormy got her some time off. 
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
Well there was that picture of him with Stormy
Post it.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty

Trump’s the big fat guy on the left
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Well there was that picture of him with Stormy
Post it.
If you guys want to debate current events and politics, perhaps you should catch the news once in a while.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@n8nrgim
if trump used campaign money to pay the hush money, couldn't the government say that he used campaign funds for a non-election purpose? 
  • there's no evidence I'm aware of claiming that Trump used campaign money
don't you think that that would have looked way more scandalous? that the government can get him no matter what he does, if they disagree with how to characterize it?
  • Trump hid half a million dollars from the IRS and FEC.  If you hid half a million dollars from the IRS you'd be in jail.  Is Trump subject to the same law or does Trump get to skate by on the special laws for white boys who inherited billions?
i realize that your point is that he was suppose to report it no matter the purpose, but i guess my only point in response is that that seems like a technicality and trivial.
  • I agree that compared to Trump's 20 year relationship with Jeffrey Epstein, or taking money for charities and keeping the cash for himself , or treasonously defrauding the American people regarding the 2020 election and attempting to overthrow the oldest democracy on Earth these charges are small potatoes.

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@oromagi
if trump used campaign money to pay the hush money, couldn't the government say that he used campaign funds for a non-election purpose? 
  • there's no evidence I'm aware of claiming that Trump used campaign money
Obtuse as always. The point is that the required interpretation of the law creates a set a venn diagram where the criminals and the citizens are the same circle.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
Trump’s the big fat guy on the left
Ok now post the tweet or video where Trump said he never met her.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Grand Jury disbanded. TDS folks gotta wait another 7 years.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Greyparrot
They were hoping for a crowd, then they would have set off some small bomb and called it insurrection 2.0. It's hilarious that they expect anyone to believe a bomb scare on the same day was a coincidence. (Well Double_R will)

The Jan 6 lesson has been fully internalized. If you're an old grandma being waved in by cops you're a terrorist and these left-tribe judges/juries will send you to the gallows. There is no point in giving yourself over to an honorless enemy.

It should be obvious that I don't think very highly of Trump. I think he is a failure, and he just keeps showing it. Asking for protests?

They don't care about protests. They use them for false flags. Nobody sane is coming out until it's time to start shooting.

Still there is no other choice. If I vote for anyone else that will be capitulating to a terror campaign. Trump must win on principle, but I wouldn't recommend following his advise on strategy or tactics.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Grand Jury disbanded
That’s a lie. You are a liar and a dummy.

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Did you see the letter written by Michael Cohen’s lawyer? Who are the two people you should never lie to? Your doctor and and your lawyer
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@n8nrgim
trump shouldn't be charged with a crime in the hush money case.

Does this support you comment?

BREAKING: New Bombshell Document DESTROYS Manhattan DA’s Case Against Trump2018 Letter from Michael Cohen’s lawyer to the FEC declares Cohen used his own personal funds to pay Stormy Daniels. Trump Camp. NOT party to transaction, did NOT reimburse Cohen for payment. It’s OVER

chrome-extension://ebkihbjamcljmddijijlfachpgphldll/screenshot.html?imageId=9
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Stephen
TDS folks can wait another 7 years.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
You ain't seen nothin yet -  Bachman–Turner Overdrive

Hush money is just a tip of the criminal ideburg
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
I hope you are arund for another 7 years chasing the orangeman. Everyone needs a purpose!
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@oromagi
 If you hid half a million dollars from the IRS you'd be in jail.  Is Trump subject to the same law or does Trump get to skate by on the special laws for white boys who inherited billions?
I think Trump did do it. But I also think that a lot of other republican politicians and democratic politicians did it as well.
So why is everyone only after Trump?

After all Hunter Biden has more evidence against himself, yet has not been convicted once.
He has literal videos of himself with prostitutes and doing drugs. There is substantial evidence of money laundering with the Chinese government. 

I think Trump is guilty of this crime. but won't be convicted, only because it was 6 years ago "allegidally". The statute of limitation prevents him from getting convicted, so even if he is found guilty of this crime, he won't be charged. 

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Stephen
Allow me to summarize: Trump told the truth. He never told anyone to pay her off, he doesn't believe in giving money to liars.

As of this moment I think he never had sex with her, she was one of a hundred random people who asked for a photograph and Trump posed for it. When Trump was big news she tried to capitalize.

The real story is Michael Cohen. Why did he commit perjury? The only possible purpose was to harm Trump.

Is Trump constantly finding people who hate his guts to work for him or is someone making these people offers they can't refuse?