Is New Age movement displacing Chritianity or...?

Author: IlDiavolo

Total: 92
IlDiavolo
Debates: 0
IlDiavolo
-->
@Melcharaz
Good for you.
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
-->
@IlDiavolo
you no longer want to discuss it do you? Do my reasons surpass yours? are you wearied because i dont change my mind about this?

your compassion fails you, and in time, reason will leave us all.
Stephen
Stephen

Melcharaz wrote:

@IlDiavolo
you no longer want to discuss it do you?

Says the man that blocks anyone without warning or reason. 😂

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
I'm bilingual.

Nope, I said bilingual.
DavidAZ
Debates: 8
DavidAZ
-->
@IlDiavolo
The only possible way for people to come back to chrsitianity is that you introduce the Holy Inquisition in the US, like in the middle ages. Lol.
Can't someone choose their God?  I'm not saying FORCE back to Christianity, I'm saying that forcing a replacement is the wrong idea.

All in all, I would agree that new age is just for educated and reasonable people.

You mean elitism?  This would say that anyone believing otherwise is not educated or reasonable.  Sure, that would make sense in the political and social climate of today.

Don't take it as a threat. The new age movement just tries to make sense of christianity. You can be christian and practice the new age principles at the same time. I understand you want to stand for your faith, but we have to be prepared for changes because things change over time and we have to accept it.

No threat taken.  My belief is strong in my faith, not how the world would interpret it.  The bible is very clear on how to please God and an ecumenical movement doesn't change it.  

Now, the story makes sense. You see?

Sure.  Makes sense for the educated and reasonable people in this world. I'll remain stupid and knuckle dragging. :) 

I'm not sure if you realize that I am just as capable as you in understanding.  You choose to see the ego talking to Jesus, I choose to see an actual being trying to ruin the plan of God.  That doesn't make me uneducated or unreasonable, but it sure does make you sound elitist since I don't believe like you.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@DavidAZ
You mean elitism? This would say that anyone believing otherwise is not educated or reasonable. Sure, that would make sense in the political and social climate of today.
In all seriuosness, I'm fed up with stupid people. I tolerate them, but I think we should improve our genes so to increase our IQ because most of the time we have to pay for what the schmucks do during the elections. And we're not that far from it, there are great advances in genetics.

I'm not sure if you realize that I am just as capable as you in understanding. You choose to see the ego talking to Jesus, I choose to see an actual being trying to ruin the plan of God. That doesn't make me uneducated or unreasonable, but it sure does make you sound elitist since I don't believe like you.
no, I don't have doubts about that, otherwise I wouldnt have replied. Though, I believe you're too inmersed in your gai
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
...youre too inmersed in your faith that it clouds your understanding. Youve got to know I was raised in a catholic family and later on in protestantism, so I know what I'm talking about. Sometimes it's good to hear the reason because emotions are not trustable.
DavidAZ
DavidAZ
-->
@IlDiavolo
In all seriuosness, I'm fed up with stupid people.
Now, here is something we can agree on! :)

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Melcharaz
No. I don't want to discuss with you because it would be a sterile conversation.

But keep on praying, its good for you.
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
 total hypo

If no one attended a church service ever again.  
Do you think  , " life " would " run " the same for ( everyone apart from the christians  )     as it does when millions attend .?
given that this is a total hypo - I don't have an answer to your question. 

It's an impossibility unless suddenly there were no Christians.   After all, Church is not a building. It's a gathering of believers. And when believers get together, they generally sing songs, talk and discuss theology and the bible and pray and read the bible.  It's part of their DNA.  For us, the church is not just an hour on Sunday but is part of our identity.  Of course, there is a distinction between private and public worship.  Yet, believers don't stop worshipping just because they are not gathering. For us, service is akin to serving, and we do that voluntarily regularly and very often without other believers about. 

If however, people stopped attending church services on Sunday mornings, I think it would not impact most people in the community in the short term.  Nevertheless, in the long term it would have a serious impact upon the community, since the underlying morals and values of the church community would disappear and what would be left would be more - fight or flee, doing everything in self interest, there would be less of forgiveness, and reconciliation and grace which are intrinsically Christian beliefs that the wider community has adopted.  Yet without the constant reinforcement of such ideas, they will fade away. Not in the short term, but in the long term. 

Would life be " normal going " for christians. 
Apart from church related activities aspect of it. 
Within reason.  ?
I think I answered that above. If I haven't please remind me. 

We won't ever witness god reacting negatively or positively to anything we humans  ever do in life hey ? 

A couple of thousand years ago,  god use to mess with us humans for the crap we did that he didn't " approve of . 
I don't think God has changed over the years. People still are subject to his judgments. I take the view that every time we see a court hand down a decision it is a delegated judgment of God. And that's just one aspect. 
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@IlDiavolo
On the other hand, I find them intuitively going to send us into nuts land.  Take the whole idea of postmodernism,. that is new age. There is no truth - there are no absolutes. You can be anything you identify as - whether it's a fact or not.  That is the essence of it. relativism. no truth but subjective truth. That's why Christianity is at odds with much of the West now. Christianity still teaches ABSOLUTE truth. That is almost considered an anathema. 
What are you talking about? new age movement doesn't pretend anything since it is just a collection of eastern beliefs that aim to improve people's lives. I would put it as a practical guideline that revolves around meditation, it has nothing to do with postmodernism or any shit like that. 
What does that even mean?  Can you think of one religion or one political party or one movement - that isn't aiming to improve people's lives?  Even - and now I am invoking the extreme - the Nazi Party thought that they were improving people's lives. 

New Age Movement is not identical to post-modernism. Yet it is consistent with it.  In one sense the movement from Modernism to post-modernism has been concurrent with the move of the West becoming multi-cultural.   The New Age Movement is all about tolerance - (tolerant to anyone who they agree with and intolerant towards anyone they disagree with) It is about a new form of spiritualism, springing from the fascination with the Eastern religions.  

It suggests - all religions are the same and working towards the same end.  It tends to shy away from organised religions.  But has a big focus on self. Improving the self and learning to love oneself.  Heading towards self-exaltation.  but at the same time is very aggressive towards those who claim truth is exclusive and those who choose to be more discerning.  "Open your mind" - mindfulness, it's all part of the same basic philosophy.  Ignoring the brain and the mind - and relying predominantly on feelings and emotions.  Hence, why you can identify however you feel? Ignoring the science. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
@zedvictor4
The Reverend Tradesecret wrote:

@Deb-8-a-bull.   I take the view that every time we see a court hand down a decision it is a delegated judgment of God.

Clown!
That is probably why many guilty go free and many innocent go to prison and or executed.  Yep that sums up god's "judgement" just fkn dandy.
DavidAZ
DavidAZ
-->
@IlDiavolo
youre too inmersed in your faith that it clouds your understanding. Youve got to know I was raised in a catholic family and later on in protestantism, so I know what I'm talking about. Sometimes it's good to hear the reason because emotions are not trustable.
The problem with the catholic or protestant church (they are the same) is that they all endorse false doctrine.  False doctrine is always made to cover some sort of sin.  I will let you know that your confusion or frustration comes from that, and not God.  I agree there are things in the bible that are questionable, possibly contradictory, and mysterious but that doesn't mean that God doesn't exist. 

Also, mankind has used the bible as a weapon to dominate.  To demand others follow it and not themselves.  Religion ahs been used worldwide to control masses, to suck money out of people and to engage in war.  It's pathetic.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@DavidAZ
Also, mankind has used the bible as a weapon to dominate. 

You mean Pastors, Chaplains and Priests.

And as I have  written in response to you here just minutes ago

The psalms are nothing more than a series of laments written by unknown authors, and usually asking why god has done one thing or another to someone or another. Or not done one thing or another. Or why the suffering or why all the sorrow in the world..  So you see, they were asking the same questions then as they are to this day. And this is where your Pastors and Priests step in with all the answers - "my son" - to take advantage of the lost and lonely. The down hearted, the vulnerable, the disenfranchised. The dying and the bereaved. They are fkn parasites and always have been. IMO of course.
DavidAZ
DavidAZ
-->
@Stephen
Have you been slighted by a priest or pastor?  You're responses are very specific.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Tradesecret
What does that even mean?  Can you think of one religion or one political party or one movement - that isn't aiming to improve people's lives?  Even - and now I am invoking the extreme - the Nazi Party thought that they were improving people's lives. 
No. Christianity doesnt aim to improve peoples lives but forgive people's sins so that they go to heaven. And I don't say that, Jesus said it.

But it's good you come up with this subject  because christianity is the religion that praise the pain, like the pain Jesus felt when he got nailed to the cross. Your faith are based on a sentiment of suffering, which is pathological to me.

Open your mind" - mindfulness, it's all part of the same basic philosophy. Ignoring the brain and the mind - and relying predominantly on feelings and emotions. Hence, why you can identify however you feel? Ignoring the science.
I ask again, what are you talking about? Mindfulness is quite the opposite from what you just said. Meditation aims to get us disconnected from reality, meaning that we get rid of emotions and feelings, especially the negative, which is good for our mental and physical health.

I don't understand why someone can be opposed to it. Even the science confirmed the benefits of meditation, which is quite similar to praying.

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@DavidAZ
that doesn't mean that God doesn't exist. 
Estearn beliefs dont deny God, they just define God slightly different from Christianity. I think the main similarity is that God is love. The main difference is that for Christianity God is a particular almighty being separated from humanity while new age defines God as the whole universe that involves everything incluiding humanity. So, when Jesus said I'm God, he was right according to the eastern beliefs. And so are we, we're God, we are the creator of this reality which means our future depends only on us.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
My eyes open REAL wide and my head moves back 
When i think of. 

Religious members on a jury 
And / or. 
Deeply religious jurors.

If you put A minute of thought into  ( Deeply religious )  membersof a jury 

Up pops a pic of . 
A Homosexual being sentenced to life for jaywalking. 

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Unless it was Bishop what's his name.

And what's his name Rat Zinger was the judge.

I strongly advise the jury not to find the honourable gentleman guilty of having a choir boy up his cassock.

The young man was quite clearly playing hide and seek.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@zedvictor4
Zed ,
dont tell anyone else buttttt. 
I think I'd be the worst at being a juror.  

I don't think, i could not think, that I've found doubt. 

If i was in the jury of 50 cases 
I'd be not guilty on allllll. 

However if someone pleads guilty.   
I'd instantly believe them. 

I'd also SUCK at being interrogated by the police.  

This become blatantly obvious after watching  not even five-thousand  crime documentaries
Now ten thousand plus crime documentaries into life 
I still think I'd be no good. 

I highly doubt  one can reach the hights of a bishop or a card if they haven't layed a single finger on a kid. 

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
You probably wouldn't even need to say anything.

He had guilt written all over his face Guv.

I also strongly advise the Jury that the young choir boy had a bad cold and the time, and it was actually snot all over his face.

Of course your honour.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Hehe.

I suggested  to a chick / good mate  a few months ago that it would be a lot more difficult touching kids these days. 
Then before i could go into deeper explanations  why. 
Powwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. 
I was struck.  
I had a black eye for three days. 

This was the same person that i said .
Men that are like 40 years old and have never hit or hurt  a women deserve a trophy. Or some kind of reward.  

That time i seen the punch coming from a mile away. 
I waxed off. 

But ummm yeah , 
apparently 40 years and never ummm,  physically  hurt a women aint shit. 

Its almost like people think it should be easy going 40 years and never hitting a women. 

STOP Deb .
Stop now.....

' Breaths deep. ' 

In through the noise 
Andddd
Out through the mouth.  

Ok , 
Good day Zed. 

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@IlDiavolo
No. Christianity doesnt aim to improve peoples lives but forgive people's sins so that they go to heaven. And I don't say that, Jesus said it.
I guess you must read a different bible than mine.  Christianity is about sanctification, ie being renewed in both the mind and the heart.  It is also about seeing the world restored or reconciled with the Lord Jesus Christ. Hence the earth groans waiting for the sons of God to take responsibility. Yes, there is forgiveness, but forgiveness for a purpose. Ephesians 1. So that they can be holy and blameless.  

But it's good you come up with this subject  because christianity is the religion that praise the pain, like the pain Jesus felt when he got nailed to the cross. Your faith are based on a sentiment of suffering, which is pathological to me.
Again, you must read a different bible than mine.  Christians are told to rejoice always - whether life contains pain or not.  We are never told to praise the pain. Please provide a verse that says differently. Jesus did suffer on the cross - as he also suffered in the garden prior to going to the cross.  Life has pain. This is true whether you are a believer or not.  Our faith is not based on pain. How ludicrous. It is based on the HISTORICAL fact of Christ's resurrection.  Resurrection was not pain but a new life.  Christians acknowledge pain exists. We don't pretend it doesn't. We also note that sometimes pain is beneficial and provides strength. If faith was based on pain, you might be correct that it is pathological.  Yet, the Christian's faith is not. 

Open your mind" - mindfulness, it's all part of the same basic philosophy. Ignoring the brain and the mind - and relying predominantly on feelings and emotions. Hence, why you can identify however you feel? Ignoring the science.
I ask again, what are you talking about? Mindfulness is quite the opposite from what you just said. Meditation aims to get us disconnected from reality, meaning that we get rid of emotions and feelings, especially the negative, which is good for our mental and physical health. 
I don't think you understand mindfulness.  Mindfulness is about emptying your mind.  It is about focusing on the here and now. Not worrying about the past or the future. Meditation is fine - I have no issue with it.  Yet, this doesn't mean you should simply empty your mind. Praying - is never about emptying your mind. 
it is always about a conversation between yourself and God. This takes words. Not just a feeling or emotion. Or a warm fuzzy feeling. 

I don't understand why someone can be opposed to it. Even the science confirmed the benefits of meditation, which is quite similar to praying.

I'm not opposed to meditation. I am opposed to emptying your mind. The two are quite different things. Meditation is focusing on thoughts and words. 

Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@Tradesecret
manifested.
Romans 8:19 “For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.”
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Melcharaz
Yes, that is the verse I was referring to. 

Of course, the question is - what does manifestation mean? 
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@Tradesecret
according to the greek word used. appearing.

not "take responsibility"
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Melcharaz
the sons of God appear - and take responsibility in their new life, this is called stewardship. What humanity was called to do from the beginning. 

It goes without saying, I would've thought, that when people become Christians, that they take on board, what that means, and live to please God. 

This would please the earth surely? When Christians live in accordance with the will of God, the earth is blessed. 

Appearing in this sense - as manifestation assumes, is "taking responsibility". It is not its only intention, but it can't be dismissed or excluded. 
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@Tradesecret
nonsense, you are strecthing the word into a context that it doesnt suggest.

you cant stretching the meaning of a word beyond the context presented. and the passage there isnt talking about stewartship, its talking about the earth waiting for the sons of God to manifest. period.
now, if you want to talk about stewartship of the saints, you have to go to a different passage such as revelation 20:6.
is english your first language by the way? or do you have a problem with exegeting scripture with this type of methodology in general?
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Melcharaz
nonsense, you are strecthing the word into a context that it doesnt suggest.

you cant stretching the meaning of a word beyond the context presented. and the passage there isnt talking about stewartship, its talking about the earth waiting for the sons of God to manifest. period.
now, if you want to talk about stewartship of the saints, you have to go to a different passage such as revelation 20:6.
is english your first language by the way? or do you have a problem with exegeting scripture with this type of methodology in general?
Gotta love your rudeness.   the context clearly allows this understanding.  You might not like it. I don't know why in particular. Yet, the commentaries allow it. 

Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@Tradesecret
you interpreting my questions as rude says more about you than me. ive spoken with people who showed similar lack of understanding as yours BECAUSE of a language barrier or a traditional exegetical methodology. stop being selfish for 5 seconds and think about WHY questions are asked, this isnt about you or your ego.

the commentaries allow it in exegeting the context to ALL OF SCRIPTURE. not that 1 verse. i do wish you to show me the commentaries that show the idea of "sons of God taking responsibility" WITHOUT CROSS REFERENCING TO ANOTHER VERSE(S) it doesnt exist, unless its non scholarly.