Is the God of the Bible "good" or "wicked"?

Author: DavidAZ

Total: 216
Saniton
Debates: 0
Saniton
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
Ummm, what exactly did I say that contradicts your account of the Genesis story?    When Adam and Eve did what God prohibited, they didn't consign themselves to mortality, any more than murderers who are caught, convicted, and given the death penalty kill themselves.   God punished A & E when they violated his prohibition by banishing them from the Garden of Eden and making them mortal.  

As for the supposed incoherence of atheist-agnosticism, I have already stated the meaning of this position:   disbelief in God that comes without any claim that God's nonexistence can be proven.   The fact that it's usually impossible to prove a negative existential claim about anything that isn't evident in the here and now only supports, rather than undermines, that position.  

What is more, religion isn't merely a set of propositions that one accepts or rejects:   it requires participation.   A person who decides not to practice a monotheistic religion that promises salvation from Hell, or at least alienation from God, cannot be reasonably said to believe in that religion.   

As for your laughter and ridicule, they prove nothing, so there is no need for you to waste your own time generating more. 
Saniton
Saniton
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
re:    "YOUR BIBLEIGNORANCE IS SHOWIN AGAIN IN THIS QUOTE OF YOURS: "What ismore, the existence of a universal almighty deity would not necessarilyvindicate anything that various so-called authorities in religion have to sayabout the deity's opinion of homosexuality?     

Reply:  My point isn't even about the Bible, so how can it reflectignorance of the Bible?   Believe it or not, Abrahamic believers donot own a copyright on the notion of a monotheistic god.   See, forexample, Sikhism.    Also, since I have no faith that God exists, why would Icare about the Bible's alleged proscriptions against homosexual behavior?   That was the point I made in my post.  Youhave simply refused to understand what I wrote.  

re:       “What did you just say? Because Jesus and Mary did not rape innocent children wasthe reason your Kathylick Hell bound husband "Bob" stayed with thedespicable Kathylick Church?  This shows how your Hell Bound husband"Bob"  was ungodly WRONG in staying with said church whosePEDOPHILE PRIESTS were buggering little innocent children that were left intheir care by their parents!!!!   The hardships of the children later inlife that were being FU*CKED by stinky old men priests, goes without question,and you married this Kathylick man named "Bob" that "looked theother way" in this situation, and felt good about it?  Surely youjest!!!  How sickening can you get?” 

Reply:   Once again, yourridicule (e.g., “your Hell bound Kathylick husband”) proves absolutely nothingand does you no credit whatsoever.   Youreally should consider how your ridicule reflects on you as a Christian.   

Yes, the fact that the objects of Catholicveneration (Mary) and worship (the Trinity) did not rape or molest children isa reason why Bob stayed with the Church.   It’s weird to read a self-professed Christian write as if these beingswere not real and that the sins of the human priesthood would annihilate anyreason to continue to worship them in the prescribed Catholic manner.    You forget that the rape of children isNOT part of any Catholic teaching.   Infact, Catholics accept Jesus’s prohibition against harming children.  I assume you remember the millstone quote.  

This is reflected by the fact that most Catholics,including most Catholic priests, were not involved in child rape.   The horror of the abuse scandal in the Churchcomes from the fact that the Church hierarchy played shell-games with child-molestingpriests rather than bringing them to justice.    The fact of these crimes doesn’tnecessarily imply that leaving the Church is the best option for aCatholic.   Catholic voices of protestfrom within the Church will have a greater effect on the Church hierarchy thanvoices from without.   

Your posts, Brother, are tales told byan ideologue, full of words and invective, but signifying very little.    
Saniton
Saniton
-->
@Stephen
re:   “Dearie me.HYPOCRITE!!”

Reply:   If you are so lacking in any sense of proportion that youequate truthful observations about the people on this thread constantly callingeach other stupid on one hand, and the accusation that someone’s husbandcondones child rape on the other, then your need to socialize more often mustbe truly dire.    I suspect that you made sure that your posts were asoffensive as possible so that you would provoke my anger so that you could clubme with the accusation of hypocrisy for expressing it.    Ifthat’s your idea of debating, you don’t belong on this site.   You belong on Quora.  

re:    I think yourBob story is absolute bollocks. And this is why:  (etc. etc. etc.).   

Reply:   You seem to be confused about the timeline of my account ofBob’s relationship with the Church.   Bobleft the Church in 2012—long before Pope Francis asked “Who am I to judge?”when it came to gay Catholics.   

re:   “But didn'tleave the church because of the violent rapes and sexual assaults by hisbrethren against children though did he!!!!??  . No, he"broke away"  ONLY when  -YOU SAY - he didn't like how afew Nuns were being treated in regards to "reaching out tohomosexuals".   //  Do not god's priorities and commands comebefore anyone else? 

Reply:    As I have pointed out elsewhere, leaving the Catholic Churchis not necessarily the best response—for a Catholic—to the Church’scrimes.   There is no Church teaching that supports child rape, and criticism from within theChurch gets the hierarchy’s attention more than criticism from outside ofit.    The same cannot be said of being a homosexual who is consistentlycondemned for existing by his own Church’s teachings.   Remember:   2012 was not 2023.   Pope Franciswas not Pope in 2012.  
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Saniton

Reply:   You seem to be confused about the timeline of my account ofBob’s relationship with the Church. 

Nope. Regardless of timeline "husband Bob" appears to have only excommunicated  himself when  - you say- he didn't like how a few Nuns were being treated in regards to  Nuns" reaching out to homosexuals".  You say-  "He almost entered the priesthood, but, fortunately for me, he decided against that" #196.     And you say  it was because of the Nuns story  that "stopped him entering the priesthood" in 2012 #202

Here>
Saniton wrote: Bob's break with the Roman Catholic Church happened in 2012 in the wake of the events described here:   "Nuns Speak About Vatican Criticism - The New York Times (nytimes.com)  #202

The rape and sexual assaults and buggery of children in the Catholic Church has been going on for absolute decades but this appears to have been ignored by husband Bob.
Not to mention all of that hard earned cash handed over in donations to the RC Church by devout , good and honest Catholics to help "the poor" being spent on pay-offs and compensation in settlements to the victims of "men of god", <<< that too seems to have flown over husband Bob's head that spent years studying for his "M.Div from a Catholic seminary"#191  at the last count these settlements amounted to more than $3 billion!!!!!!. I can imagine  what it would be like if all of than money had gone to the causes that  it was actually intended for. 

You didn't answer this>
Do not god's priorities and commands come before anyone else?

I don't give two hoots whether God calls homosexuality an abomination.  

I know. But what does apostate and Master of Divinity Bob think about it? #191

And while we are at it, instead of reminding me  that there are two L's in Russell#202, learn to use the quote punctuation icon. It can be found above  under the word Text* above and on every single page when making a reply and looks like the number 66 and is forth icon along. It makes the exchange in conversation a little more precise and clear.

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Saniton

Saniton,

YOUR MISH-MASH CONVOLUTED DEVEL SPEAK: " When Adam and Eve did what God prohibited, they didn't consign themselves to mortality, any more than murderers who are caught, convicted, and given the death penalty kill themselves."

Your mental capabilities, as usual, go wanting once again where you are just not getting it relative to Adam and Eve, where they decided to be mortal in eating from the Tree of Knowledge, where if they didn't, they were to live forever eternally upon earth so Jesus as God didn't lie in any way, get it dumbfounded woman?

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE OF BEING A COIN FLIPPER:   "As for the supposed incoherence of atheist-agnosticism, I have already stated the meaning of this position:"

Yes, you have stated the meaning, and we are still LAUGHING at your expense! LOL!  Atheism doesn't accept a god concept, and Agnostics are "coin flippers" where they really don't  know if a god exists, but they leave a door open just in case it may be proven!  With this kind of pre-school thinking of yours, then what did we expect from a biblically 2nd class woman like you in the first place!  

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE ONCE AGAIN AT YOUR EXPENSE:  "As for your laughter and ridicule, they prove nothing, so there is no need for you to waste your own time generating more."

Oh, but my laughter towards you does prove something, in that you are totally Bible inept which needs my laughter, and there is no waste of my time in proving this FACT to you, understood 2nd class woman? Huh?

NEXT CONTRADICTING OF FAITH IN BEING AN ATHEIST/AGNOSTIC LIKE THE BIBLICALLY FOOLISH WOMAN "SANITON," WILL BE ...?

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Saniton

Saniton, the hell bound woman that does not follow her husband's Christian faith in slapping him in the face,

You keep running away from the FACT that you as a 2nd class woman are not to be here in this Religion Forum as I had shown you herewith: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/9125/posts/390951

You have ran away from the obvious that you are a woman, and when married to your assumed Catholic husband named "Bob," then since he rules over you as the Bible so states in 1 Corinthians 11:3, then he is to inform you that you are not to be in this forum in the first place as his Jesus' inspired words says below:

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.  (1 Timothy 2:11-14)

You can be a silent mouse upon the sidelines and just watch the superior men discussing religion, but you are to just STFU and not respond in kind to our discussions, do you understand biblically 2nd class woman?

Now, if you continue to make a fool of yourself biblically, and most importantly, as a CONTRADICTING and  laughable Atheist/Agnostic, then your "Bob" is not following his Catholic faith for you not to be here, therefore he is not a disgusting Catholic anymore because he didn't follow Jesus' aforementioned command, which is no loss to begin with!

NEXT WOMAN LIKE "SANITON" THAT DOES NOT FOLLOW HER HUSBAND'S CHRISTIAN COMMAND BY JESUS TO NOT BE WITHIN THIS FORUM AS A 2ND CLASS WOMAN, WILL BE ...?