Transgenderism is a mental illness.

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 86
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty

• Another mentally ill, depection based Right-Wing hate group living to troll. 
Are you saying they aren't homosexuals? 
  • No and also don't give a single  fuck.  The twitter account was started by Trump's campaign to troll Republican's  irrational fear of homosexuality. 

ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I think you are fully capable of finding that definition yourself and correlating it with the definition. I'm not doing all your research for you. 
I'm capable of googling yes, but my conclusion is that there is no useful definition of mental disorder or illness that is widely accepted. In fact the only official definitions exist to give the quacks which I previously mentioned plenty of room for arbitrage.

I responded to this thread by giving you a road map of how you could argue otherwise. It's not my research, my research was done long ago. It's your claim that contradicts my evaluation.

I might define a mental disorder as: A detrimental and persistent pattern of delusion in an awake and undrugged mind
So just to be clear, a mental disorder to you is:
A harmful and continuous pattern of a false belief or judgment about external reality, held despite the incontrovertible evidence to the contrary, in a wake and undrugged mind. 
Let me be crystal clear: That is not what a mental disorder is to me, that is a definition I would advance as the nearest useful and objectively evaluable definition which behaves most like how the general population of English speakers would use the word.

Since I know the public conception is vague and the academic definition is unbounded I wouldn't use the word "mental disorder" just hoping to be understood. Some numbskull would come along and say "well that's not in the DSM" or "this is in the DSM", I have no interest in participating in a system of definitions that route back to the arbitrary assertions of supposed authorities.

I have no interest for the same reason I don't argue with 40k players about whether space marines are really always males: The universe they made up is an invention, which means it may contain contradictions, and it flows from the assertions of a few people who may introduce contradictions.

If you want to use that definition, then for the purposes of this discussion we could use logic to see if transgenderism fits the definition.

1.) the undrugged mind assumes the premise that someone who is mentally ill is immediately not mentally ill if they are drugged. But you fail to assess the fact that the drugging may have been a cause of the mental illness.
By design, the general conception of mental disorder is something endemic to the mind; whereas the affects of drugs are considered an "outside poison". This is a practical distinction.

The solution to being drunk is clear, stop drinking. It requires no plumbing of the psychology. Now there is the idea of alcoholism as a mental disorder, but that is something that persists whether the person is sober or not. The sober alcoholic desires alcohol not because he is drunk.

The general conception is that the only way to treat a mental disorder is by some form of introspection or corrective drugs.

This would except most religions as most religions are not particularly detrimental, even when they are persistent and often delusional.
Well, using your definition, religion is not mentally ill, because not all religions are harmful, and they don't believe something against incontrovertible odds. 
Often they do. The majority of religions (most thankfully now relegated to a few nutjobs) assert the validity of prophetic divination by proscribed ritual. The inability of shamans to make meaningful predictions is and always was obvious, however people were socially pressured into not pointing it out.

A few people probably believed them, and that was delusional given how many failed or super-vague predictions had to be ignored beforehand. Still, it doesn't fall into the general conception of mental illness.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@oromagi
Sounds like you feel comfortable calling people fakes despite their own self-identification.
  • I'll call anybody by any pronoun they wish.   I believe the police, reporters, friends, and family when they say that Aldrich is trolling you.
You seem incapable of accurately summarizing the statements of others.

Nevertheless, I think people should be at age of majority before having thier sex lives labeled by society.
Transgender translates to "sex life" to you? mmmm.
  • You're right. Let's change that to "I think people should be at age of majority before having their gender identity critiqued by society."  
    • In my personal experience, personality doesn't really start to firm up until the age of 25.
Sounds a lot like "no true Scotsman" to me. The rules the left-tribe has laid out don't let randos question self-professed identity. A woman is anyone who identifies as a woman they say. A non-binary is anyone who identifies as non-binary.

You don't get to add age requirements.

• No and also don't give a single  fuck. 
Then what is the "depection"?  (Also note this typo would be used as proof of 73 IQ if it came from Trump)

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@<<<oromagi>>>
Sounds like you feel comfortable calling people fakes despite their own self-identification.
  • I'll call anybody by any pronoun they wish.   I believe the police, reporters, friends, and family when they say that Aldrich is trolling you.
You seem incapable of accurately summarizing the statements of others.
  • I did not summarize your accusation, I copy and pasted it.
Sounds a lot like "no true Scotsman" to me. The rules the left-tribe has laid out don't let randos question self-professed identity. A woman is anyone who identifies as a woman they say. A non-binary is anyone who identifies as non-binary.
  • You remain consistently bewildered by the basic tenants of American democracy.   Leftists don't say "A woman is anyone who identifies as a woman."  Leftists say, "The government has no authority to tell people how they must identify."
    • This is 5th grade US civics but you simply refuse to learn.
Then what is the "depection"?  (Also note this typo would be used as proof of 73 IQ if it came from Trump)

ADreamOfLiberty
    ADreamOfLiberty
    -->
    @oromagi
    I did not summarize your accusation, I copy and pasted it.
    The inaccuracy was the false impression that police, family, friends, etc... all agreed it was a "troll" to claim to be non-binary. Some said he was self-hating.

His father was afraid he was homosexual.

Leftists don't say "A woman is anyone who identifies as a woman." 
    You really are living under a rock, or just desperately clinging to a delusional vision of our culture.

• Spokesperson Milo Yiannopoulos has been accused of advocating paedophilia. The allegation arose from several video clips in which he said that sexual relationships between 13-year-old boys and adult men and women can be "perfectly consensual" and positive experiences for the boys.  Following the release of the video clips, Yiannopoulos resigned from his position at Breitbart, his invitation to speak before the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) was revoked, and a contract to publish his autobiography with Simon & Schuster was cancelled.
    • Spokesperson Roger Stone was fired as Youth Coodinator for Bob Dole's campaign after it came to light that he was adverstising for sex with well-built athletes or military men.
    Still looking for the "deception"...?

TWS1405_2
    Debates: 4
    TWS1405_2
    ebuc
    ebuc
    -->
    @YouFound_Lxam
    @TWS1405_2
    Please choose which one of the these three  fits you best, or choose all three if appropriate.

Mental disorder

Mentally challenged

Mentally handicapped 

..." someone who is mentally handicapped is not able to learn or develop skills at the same rate as most other people because they have a problem with their brain. It is now considered more polite to say that someone has a developmental disability or that they are learning disabled. "...

TWS1405_2
    TWS1405_2
    There is clearly a sophomoric clique here at DART, and one of them became prez. 

You all bitch about rules and decorum, yet none of you hypocrites follow any of it. 

When you don’t like being proven wrong, you personally attack.

When you don’t like an argument a new member, or any member for that matter, that you outright disagree with, you come out the gate with personal attacks. 

The lot of you here are fucking hypocrites. Scorned little girls trolling threads of those with whom you disagree with but lack the integrity and emotional and intellectual intelligence to act like adults and engage them like an adult. 

Again, DART will lose members as it has in the past into the future because of your scorned little girl intellectual cowardice clique you clowns have going on here. You’re all so pathetic. 

When in Rome, I’ll just be like you idiots and contribute to the demise of DART. And you’ll have no one to blame but yourselves for it. 
    TWS1405_2
    TWS1405_2
    -->
    @ebuc
    Mental disorder 

Mentally challenged 

Mentally handicapped  

..." someone who is mentally handicapped is not able to learnor develop skills at the same rate as most other people because they have a problem with their brain. It is now considered more polite to say that someone has a developmental disability or that they are learning disabled. "...

C and all of the above for you and your obvious psychological projection. Clown. 
    YouFound_Lxam
    Debates: 32
    YouFound_Lxam
    -->
    @ADreamOfLiberty
    I'm capable of googling yes, but my conclusion is that there is no useful definition of mental disorder or illness that is widely accepted. In fact the only official definitions exist to give the quacks which I previously mentioned plenty of room for arbitrage.
    There is a definition. You are just not willing to accept it, because it goes against your ideas and opinions, and so you do the only thing you can, and play with the definitions, as a lawyer does. 

Let me be crystal clear: That is not what a mental disorder is to me
    Let me stop you right here. There is no "means to me" in a world of facts and logic. There is definitions to world's and a reality in which those definition's exist. 
    If everything meant something different to you, then you would be living in a world not equal to everyone else's. Aka a fairy tale world. 

I have no interest in participating in a system of definitions that route back to the arbitrary assertions of supposed authorities.
    So your a conspiracy theorist. Gotcha. 

By design, the general conception of mental disorder is something endemic to the mind; whereas the affects of drugs are considered an "outside poison". This is a practical distinction.
    Can someone have a mental illness that is caused by an outside force?

ADreamOfLiberty
    ADreamOfLiberty
    -->
    @YouFound_Lxam
    Let me be crystal clear: That is not what a mental disorder is to me
    Let me stop you right here. There is no "means to me" in a world of facts and logic. There is definitions to world's and a reality in which those definition's exist. 
    Your metaphysics is wrong. Reality exists, but nothing has a name until we give it. It's up to us to find useful concepts and agree on symbology. I tried to help you understand but there is only so much I can do.

I have no interest in participating in a system of definitions that route back to the arbitrary assertions of supposed authorities.
    So your a conspiracy theorist. Gotcha. 
    lol, that's genuinely funny. A conspiracy to commit arbitrage. Reddit mods beware!

Well I wish you luck fighting those battles over what authority to trust, I wouldn't count on any resolutions soon.
    YouFound_Lxam
    YouFound_Lxam
    -->
    @ADreamOfLiberty
    Reality exists, but nothing has a name until we give it. It's up to us to find useful concepts and agree on symbology. I tried to help you understand but there is only so much I can do.
    For all of human history, we have agreed on certain definitions. That way we can function, grow and expand as society's. 

ADreamOfLiberty
    ADreamOfLiberty
    -->
    @YouFound_Lxam
    Fine, given the definition you posted gender dysphoria is a mental illness and so is this forum and Christianity. Happy?
    Reece101
    Debates: 1
    Reece101
    Transgenderism is an illness of the body. 

zedvictor4
    Debates: 22
    zedvictor4
    -->
    @TWS1405_2
    If one feels challenged, maybe it is because they are disordered and therefore handicapped.

Perhaps often manifesting as complete intolerance.

Though reaction is the hypocrisy of the intolerant.

Whereas ignorance is the strength of the contented.
    TWS1405_2
    TWS1405_2
    -->
    @Reece101
    Transgenderism is an illness of the body. 
    Wrong. It’s of the mind. 

Reece101
    Reece101
    -->
    @TWS1405_2
    When people say they were born in the wrong body, I believe them.

YouFound_Lxam
    YouFound_Lxam
    -->
    @Reece101
    When people say they were born in the wrong body, I believe them.
    When a schizophrenic person says there are people in their head, do you also believe them?
    Reece101
    Reece101
    -->
    @YouFound_Lxam
    I believe that they believe that.

The difference is, said schizophrenics tend to not want to embrace who they are.
    TWS1405_2
    TWS1405_2
    -->
    @Reece101
    The difference is, said schizophrenics tend to not want to embrace who they are.
    “The difference is, said gender identity disordered person tend to not want to embrace who they were born as by choice.”

Reece101
    Reece101
    -->
    @TWS1405_2
    Yes they do.
    TWS1405_2
    TWS1405_2
    -->
    @Reece101
    Nope. 
    YouFound_Lxam
    YouFound_Lxam
    -->
    @Reece101
    I believe that they believe that.

Ok, but both are still a mental disorder. 

Transgenderism is just a front cover name for people who legitimately suffer from gender dysphoria. 

Reece101
    Reece101
    -->
    @YouFound_Lxam
    And intelligence is just a front cover name for depression. 
    zedvictor4
    Debates: 22
    zedvictor4
    -->
    @YouFound_Lxam
    All mentality is ordered in some way.

Even that of  Donald Trump and his supporters.

it's just that some are slightly dafter than others.
    FLRW
    FLRW
    -->
    @YouFound_Lxam
    Transgenderism is just a front cover name for people who legitimately suffer from gender dysphoria. 
     gender dysphoria in transgender women is associated with variants in sex hormone-signaling genes responsible for undermasculinization and/or feminization.
    Scientists have estimated that the average human body contains around 30 to 40 trillion human cells. Didn't God know anything about 
    quality control?    Who builds something with 40 trillion pieces?