Now a shooting in Louisville. Crime in Red states is out of control

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 86
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
First a mass shooting in Tennessee, now in Kentucky.

But I thought the NRA said guns make us more safe?

The reason we have so many mass shootings in this country is because of our lax gun laws and our proclivity for assault weapons. This is because idiot Republicans are trying to please their idiot constituents.

The shooting apparently occurred in a bank. Will republicans propose arming tellers? Do banks need door reform? Was the shooter thinking about becoming a woman? What stupid ideas will republicans advance?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
The reason we have so many mass shootings in this country is because of our lax gun laws and our proclivity for assault weapons.

I will assume that hand guns kill many more.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Stephen
Well first we are talking about mass shootings.

Second, semiautomatic handguns with magazines over 10 rounds qualify as an assault weapon 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
semiautomatic handguns with magazines over 10 rounds qualify as an assault weapon 

I see. And what is the going death rate for murder by pistols?

TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
-->
@Stephen
Exactly. 
And what is the going death rate for murder by hands, fists and feet compared to rifles of any kind?

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Define “assault weapon.”

Does that include blunt and stabbing objects? 
Hands, fists and feet?
Motor conveyances?
Chainsaws?
Swords?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Stephen
what is the going death rate for murder by pistols 
Mass murder or just ordinary murder? Are you including suicides too? Just double action pistols - not semiautomatic handguns?

In  2009, the estimated total number of firearms available to civilians in the United States had increased to approximately 310 million: 114 million handguns, 110 million rifles, and 86 million shotguns(36). Per capita, the civilian gun stock has roughly doubled since 1968, from one gun per every two persons to one gun per person.

In 2018, the Small Arms Survey reported that U.S. civilians alone account for 393 million (about 46 percent) of the worldwide total of civilian held firearms.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@TWS1405_2
Define “assault weapon.”
I already did a couple days ago, remember?

The 3 H’s

High rate of fire - single action semiautomatic 
High power
High capacity detachable magazine 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@TWS1405_2
Does that include blunt and stabbing objects? 
Hands, fists and feet?
Motor conveyances?
Chainsaws?
Swords?
And if you use a fork to eat soup does that make it a spoon?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Stephen
I’ll make a deal with you. If you agree we should ban and collect up all the handguns in the United States I’ll agree to allow ownership of semiautomatic rifles with 10 round magazines. Do you agree?
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@<<<TWS1405_2>>>
Define “assault weapon.”
I already did a couple days ago, remember?

The 3 H’s

High rate of fire - single action semiautomatic 
High power
High capacity detachable magazine 

Wrong. That's merely a description of parts and function of certain firearms. 
There is no such thing as an "assault" weapon. 

as·sault ə-ˈsȯlt 

Synonyms of assault
a
a violent physical or verbal attack
b
a military attack usually involving direct combat with enemy forces
an assault on the enemy's air base

c
a concerted effort (as to reach a goal or defeat an adversary)
an assault on drug trafficking

law
a
a threat or attempt to inflict offensive physical contact or bodily harm on a person (as by lifting a fist in a threatening manner) that puts the person in immediate danger of or in apprehension (see APPREHENSION sense 1) of such harm or contact

weap·on ˈwe-pən 

Synonyms of weapon
something (such as a club, knife, or gun) used to injure, defeat, or destroy

a means of contending against another

By definition, an "assault" "weapon" would be any blunt, stabbing tool/device or firearm used to violently physically attack an adversary. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@TWS1405_2
What a dummy. No wonder you’re on disability 
Best.Korea
Debates: 271
Best.Korea
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
I’ll make a deal with you. If you agree we should ban and collect up all the handguns in the United States I’ll agree to allow ownership of semiautomatic rifles with 10 round magazines.
Hmm....

Per capita, the civilian gun stock has roughly doubled since 1968
So why did the amount of homicide stay the same? Doesnt more guns = more homicide? Even with all the mental diseases that US has lately?
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@TWS1405_2
Exactly. 
And what is the going death rate for murder by hands, fists and feet compared to rifles of any kind?
Guns don't kill people, hands and feet kill people LOL.

Isn't this where you tell us what color the murdering hands and feet are?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
what is the going death rate for murder by pistols 
Mass murder or just ordinary murder? Are you including suicides too?

No. I am not going to include suicide and that is not murder. The clue is in the name.

And I am simply enquiring as I have never looked at the subject. ..... until now.

October 26, 2021
"Handguns generally fall into two categories: 1. revolvers, which are "wheel guns" that hold about six rounds of ammunition, and 2. semi-automatic type handguns, which have smaller sizes that hold roughly seven to eight rounds, and larger ones with about 15 to 16 rounds".

"While semi-automatic rifles such as the AR-15 are a major flashpoint in the gun control debate and are often the focus of attention following mass shootings, there are only about 20 million assault rifles in the United States, a fraction of the estimated  400 million guns in the country. Instead, according to ABC News contributor and former FBI agent Brad Garrett, handguns account for the most gun murders in the U.S."

I’ll make a deal with you. If you agree we should ban and collect up all the handguns in the United States I’ll agree to allow ownership of semiautomatic rifles with 10 round magazines. Do you agree?

I am not American, sunshine.
 But I do wish I owned a gun, considering my country England is going down the shit pan, I believe I am going to need one sooner rather than later.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Stephen
You didn’t answer - mass murder or ordinary murder? Mass murder is mostly accomplished with semiautomatic weapons.

But I do wish I owned a gun, considering my country England is going down the shit pan, I believe I am going to need one sooner rather than later.
Oh, you are from a second class country. England is going down the shitter because it is unable to adapt as times change.. Brexit showed that.

Plus, you people still have a royal family, lol.

I assume you need a gun to commit suicide 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Sidewalker
Guns don't kill people, hands and feet kill people LOL.
Childish strawman fallacy. 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@TWS1405_2
Greatest hits!
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Stephen
We don’t see any Americans killed by belt-fed machine guns. So we should allow people to own those, right? I mean, that’s your logic. The guns that are used to kill the least should be freely available.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
You didn’t answer - mass murder or ordinary murder? Mass murder is mostly accomplished with semiautomatic weapons.

I seen that as a statement not a question.

Oh, you are from a second class country.
Thanks for the compliment, but I see it as a third world , third class country compared to the one I used to know.

England is going down the shitter because it is unable to adapt to a modern world.

No. England and the rest of the UK is going down the shitter because of mass immigration, legal and illegal. We have a clash of cultures going on here that is about to morph into a clash of civilisations.

Plus, you people still have a royal family, lol.

You mean a Monarchy. . Probably the only genuine thing we have left

I assume you need a gun to commit suicide 

😂

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Stephen
I seen that as a statement not a question.
What does this (?) punctuation mark mean to you?  (this is another question for you to answer, not a statement)

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Stephen
No. England and the rest of the UK is going down the shitter because of mass immigration, legal and illegal. 
Your statement is indicative of the British people being unable to adapt.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
No. England and the rest of the UK is going down the shitter because of mass immigration, legal and illegal. 
Your statement is indicative of the British people being unable to adapt.

Well You don't live here, sunshine. And I would have thought it simple common curtsey  for the foreigner to adapt to  his/her adopted country.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Stephen
Well You don't live here, sunshine. And I would have thought it simple common curtsey  for the foreigner to adapt to  his/her adopted country.
common curtsey? Is that what you do when Kate Middleton drives by?

The rest of your sentence makes no sense.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
And I would have thought it simple common curtsey  for the foreigner to adapt to  his/her adopted country.

your sentence makes no sense.

So you don't agree that foreigners that choose to live in another country that has a culture entirely different to their own should adpapt to the cultures of country that they chose to live.
Still you are more than entitled to you opinion, as warped and cockeyed as it is.

Anyway. Tell me more about gun culture that American was born and raised on.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Stephen
So you don't agree that foreigners that choose to live in another country that has a culture entirely different to their own should adpapt to the cultures of country that they chose to live. 
Do you mean “foreigners” should have to eat crappy food and warm beer and be sexually frigid?

I got my first gun, a 12 gauge shotgun, when I was 12 years old. It was for shooting pheasants and deer. Then people went nuts and wanted weapons of war.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
So you don't agree that foreigners that choose to live in another country that has a culture entirely different to their own should adpapt to the cultures of country that they chose to live. 
Do you mean “foreigners” should have to eat crappy food and warm beer and be sexually frigid?

No. I mean, So you don't agree that foreigners that choose to live in another country that has a culture entirely different to their own should adpapt to the cultures of country that they chose to live. 

I got my first gun, a 12 gauge shotgun, when I was 12 years old. It was for shooting pheasants and deer. Then people went nuts and wanted weapons of war.

I never believed that I would ever have the wish to own such a weapon. Obviously you did, at such an early age too. 
Anyway. Tell me more about gun culture that American was born and raised on.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
I hope for more violence in Democrat run cities. They get what they voted for.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
I hope for more violence in Democrat run cities. They get what they voted for.
This is why you are only a substitute teacher. You’re too dumb to be a real teacher 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Stephen
No. I mean, So you don't agree that foreigners that choose to live in another country that has a culture entirely different to their own should adpapt to the cultures of country that they chose to live. 
How many different countries did England invade and try to impose their will on? You’ve got some nerve.