Now a shooting in Louisville. Crime in Red states is out of control

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 86
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
No. I mean, So you don't agree that foreigners that choose to live in another country that has a culture entirely different to their own should adpapt to the cultures of country that they chose to live. 
How many different countries did England invade and try to impose their will on?
Not in my own life time.  

You’ve got some nerve.
Opinion.
But let's not derail your thread with other matters of invasion and conquest, such how land was stolen from the native Americans by your own ancestors.

Tell me more about gun culture that American was born and raised on. Let's start with that blunderbuss that you owned at only 12 years of age. Did you ever shoot yourself in the foot with it?
12 years of age, eh?  must be in the genes.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Stephen
He probably isn't allowed to own a gun in a violent Democrat city.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Stephen
Not in my own life time.  
First, not true. Second, even if it was that doesn’t absolve your country of all the terrible imperialism it has done.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Stephen
Did you ever shoot yourself in the foot with it?
I actually killed myself with it in a hunting accident. I’m speaking to you from the afterlife. Americans are competent with guns, that’s why we beat you in the American revolution and had to rescue you in WWI and II. Jolly good and pip pip.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
He probably isn't allowed to own a gun in a violent Democrat city.
Shouldn’t you be picking up your $100 paycheck at the principal’s office?

Bella3sp
Debates: 53
Bella3sp
There's really nothing to say about this. We take away guns, what happens? They'll find another way to kill people one way or another. 

Theres a misconception with 'safe', it doesn't mean you won't get hurt or killed. You can still get injured with or without a gun.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Bella3sp
After a British gunman killed 16 people in 1987, the country banned semiautomatic weapons like those he had used. It did the same with most handguns after a 1996 school shooting. It now has one of the lowest gun-related death rates in the developed world.
In Australia, a 1996 massacre prompted mandatory gun buybacks that saw, according to some estimates, as many as one million firearms melted into slag. The rate of mass shootings plummeted from once every 18 months to, so far, only one in the 26 years since.
Canada also tightened gun laws after a 1989 mass shooting. So did Germany in 2002, New Zealand in 2019 and Norway in 2021.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@TWS1405_2
Does that include blunt and stabbing objects? 
Hands, fists and feet?
Motor conveyances?
Chainsaws?
Swords?
Don't think I've ever seen an innocent bystander killed by a chainsaw
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@FLRW
After a British gunman killed 16 people in 1987, the country banned semiautomatic weapons like those he had used. It did the same with most handguns after a 1996 school shooting. It now has one of the lowest gun-related death rates in the developed world.
In Australia, a 1996 massacre prompted mandatory gun buybacks that saw, according to some estimates, as many as one million firearms melted into slag. The rate of mass shootings plummeted from once every 18 months to, so far, only one in the 26 years since.
Canada also tightened gun laws after a 1989 mass shooting. So did Germany in 2002, New Zealand in 2019 and Norway in 2021.
Oh no, not facts, gun people hate facts.

It's also very suspicious that you didn't include the chainsaw numbers, what are you hiding?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Bella3sp
Theres a misconception with 'safe', it doesn't mean you won't get hurt or killed. You can still get injured with or without a gun.
So we shouldn’t put fences around swimming pools because babies will just find another way to kill themselves without a pool. Brilliant 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Sidewalker
Oh no, not facts, gun people hate facts.
Lol

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
the murder rates per million population for these mostly Red cities are:
  1. Cary, NC - 4
  2. Irvine, CA - 5
  3. Gilbert, AZ - 5
  4. Naperville, IL - 5
  5. Murrieta, CA - 5
  6. Frisco, TX - 5
  7. The Woodlands, TX - 5
  8. Sunnyvale, CA - 6
  9. Thornton, CO - 6
  10. McKinney, TX - 6

According to the statistics from Statista, the homicide rate in Yorkshire and the Humber region of the UK (which includes West Yorkshire) was approximately 11.3 per million population in the year 2020/2021.

It's not a gun problem. It's a Democrat problem.

Bella3sp
Bella3sp
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
So we shouldn’t put fences around swimming pools because babies will just find another way to kill themselves without a pool. Brilliant
I know! It's just brilliant.. but didn't you mention this idea? You're going to diss your own mention? 

Alright, in all seriousness, you comparing an apple to an orange. There is no other possible way for a baby on their own to find another way to kill themselves when you have fences. Many swimming pools don't have fences anyways. Most are attended with an adult as per the rules of swimming. Most of the time, at least.

We want more gun control but is that gonna help? Knife, Bat, your own fists, whatever. 

Bella3sp
Bella3sp
-->
@FLRW
So, whats your point? They have a low-gun death rate? This doesn't, as far as my statement goes, prove anything.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@<<<TWS1405_2>>>
Greatest hits!
Yup. No need to make up new terms to describe your idiocy and sophomoric banality. 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Double_R
Shows how little you know:

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Bella3sp
There is no other possible way for a baby on their own to find another way to kill themselves 
That’s just not true. 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
You are a moron. If there’s a mass shooting in a red state you say it’s a local problem. Crime is influenced by government at all levels. Federal, State, County and Local.

How do you explain away the mass shooting in Uvalde Texas at Robb Elementary School? It is a red state, in a red county in a red city. On top of that their cops acted cowardly and incompetently.

In the past six decades, Texas has experienced at least 19 mass shootings that have killed a total of nearly 200 people and wounded more than 230 others. Yet state leaders have repeatedly batted away measures that would limit access to guns, opting instead to ease restrictions on publicly carrying them while making it harder for local governments to regulate them.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Bella3sp
So, whats your point? They have a low-gun death rate? This doesn't, as far as my statement goes, prove anything.
The point is if you cut down on guns, you will cut down on murder. Knives and blunt trauma will NOT fill in the gap for less guns.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@TWS1405_2
sophomoric banality. 
more from the greatest hits list!

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
People with guns, kill.

Remove the guns from the equation and people will still kill, but it won't be quite as sexy.

Just a sad facet of American social culture.

Ah, but we need to defend ourselves from a tyrannical government.

Bullsh*t.

Another day, another shooting, business as usual.

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@TWS1405_2
Not one of these are examples of more than one intended victim, and in multiple cases the person was killed first and then dismembered afterward.

It was already common sense that chainsaws are not as prolific at ending human lives as guns, the fact that you even posted this article in an attempt to prove otherwise is just amazing.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TWS1405_2
Platypi
Debates: 1
Platypi
-->
@Stephen
Tell me more about gun culture that American was born and raised on. Let's start with that blunderbuss that you owned at only 12 years of age. Did you ever shoot yourself in the foot with it?
12 years of age, eh?  must be in the genes.

For most people some sort of long gun would be more intuitive to safely operate than a motor vehicle.  Kids are usually entrusted in some capacity between the age they develop the physical skill set up to the age they are expected to roam miles away unsupervised.  I've seen boys that masterfully use their rifle by around 12, and do so with maturity expected of men in their 40's.  It really doesn't matter if you learn at 9 or 92.  Everyone is different. 
Bella3sp
Bella3sp
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
That’s just not true
Alright, explain.

The point is if you cut down on guns, you will cut down on murder. Knives and blunt trauma will NOT fill in the gap for less guns.
If people have ill intentions to kill another, yes, they'll find another way. The mindset doesn't fade away just because guns would be taken away.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Bella3sp
If people have ill intentions to kill another, yes, they'll find another way. The mindset doesn't fade away just because guns would be taken away.
This logic is essentially "we can't stop all murders so why stop any." Why does this only apply to gun crimes?

All the "mental health" issue hand waving, no one ever offers any details on what government funded programs you'd like to set up to address "mental health."  Most of you can't even point to a specific mental health issue shared by all of these killers that we might want to address, I wish you would because then we could at least be addressing SOMETHING. Got any actual ideas? Because the only thing these killers actually have in common would seem to be "access to guns." 

How hard is it to kill 20 people with your bare hands, or a knife, compared to an automatic weapon like an AR 15?  
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Bella3sp
Alright, explain.
You want me to explain that there are other ways that babies can die besides drowning in a swimming pool? You can’t comprehend that there are other ways a baby could die by accident?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Bella3sp
No. Guns make killing easy. Some would be murderers are not physically or mentally capable of killing by other means. Pulling a trigger is a lot easier than strangling someone, for example.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Double_R
TWS is a bonehead living on disability
Bella3sp
Bella3sp
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
No, you're missing the point. I am not asking what other ways babies can die, I am asking how they can die from your example. Guns and fences are entirely different things. You're comparing things that don't relate at all. Find another example.