Rural Florida teen sentenced to life for murder of classmate. Red state crime is out of control.

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 38
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
Crime is out of control in red states. What did Ron DeSantis do as governor to prevent this teen from brutally murdering his classmate for no reason other than the desire to know what it feels like to kill somebody. Imagine if this kid had access to an assault weapon. St Johns County is Trump country and is solidly Republican in its voting.

Best.Korea
Debates: 272
Best.Korea
While I dont support sending young people to life in prison, this case would have me support the death penalty instead.

The guy is obviously mentally ill. Holding him in prison where other prisoners will beat him or rape him for the rest of his life is in itself a bad idea. Death penalty would actually be less bad for him.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
It would have been worse if he was raised by Democrats.

A lot worse.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Best.Korea
While I dont support sending young people to life in prison, this case would have me support the death penalty instead.

The guy is obviously mentally ill. Holding him in prison where other prisoners will beat him or rape him for the rest of his life is in itself a bad idea. Death penalty would actually be less bad for him.
Aren't you pro life? 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ludofl3x
Yes. Death penalty saves lives. Instead of feeding a murderer just so that he can be bullied for the rest of his life in prison, we instead feed good people who actually contribute to life and raise good children.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Best.Korea
Death penalty saves lives
So some lives, human lives, are worth inherently more or less than other lives. In this case you're making an economic argument: we can use resources on more 'deserving' people, and a weird 'mercy' argument, that subjecting the convict to a life where he's bullied or otherwise mistreated is more cruel than simply killing him and taking everything he has or ever can have. Is that about the size of it?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
It would have been worse if he was raised by Democrats. A lot worse.
The latest trans shooter was indoctrinated with values praised by democrats.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ludofl3x
So some lives, human lives, are worth inherently more or less than other lives.
The murderer spending life in prison likely wont reproduce and wont even work to create the means for life. Good citizen will reproduce and will work, as he is not in prison. Plus, he will be there for his children. So its about the amount of life being produced and saved, really.

Its like the choice: if you have enough food to feed just one more person, will you feed the murderer or the good citizen who works and reproduces?

It is better by all means to invest resources into good citizens.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Best.Korea
So its about the amount of life being produced and saved, really.
No, it really isn't, not as you've laid it out. It's about investment in the murderer. In either case, though, you're making a decision to end someone's life. That's not pro-life.  You're looking at person A and person B and saying "B can be killed." A pro life position is NEITHER can be killed as all life is precious and, in most cases anyway, it's not up to you to judge, you leave that for Jesus, right?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ludofl3x
In either case, though, you're making a decision to end someone's life.
Ending a murderer's life so that good citizens may live.

It's about investment in the murderer.
By giving to the murderer, you are taking away from the good citizens. By feeding a murderer, you are denying the food to the good citizens. Hence, you have less good citizens and less life, since good citizens are the ones producing more life.

A pro life position is NEITHER can be killed
No. That is not Pro life. That is anti life. That is an impossible position to hold, since by sparing a murderer you are killing good citizens.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
It would have been worse if he was raised by Democrats. A lot worse.
What a moron

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ludofl3x
it's not up to you to judge, you leave that for Jesus, right?
I believe the Bible clearly says that murder is to be punished by death.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Best.Korea
A pro life position is NEITHER can be killed
No. That is not Pro life. That is anti life. That is an impossible position to hold, since by sparing a murderer you are killing good citizens.
The murderer is in prison, where he can only kill other "less valuable" people. He's not going to kill any more "good" citizens. He's already done the killing, you're not sparing anyone but him, and only according to the principle that all live is equally valuable. 

In either case, though, you're making a decision to end someone's life.
Ending a murderer's life so that good citizens may live.
How does an imprisoned murderer prevent other citizens from living?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Best.Korea
The latest trans shooter was indoctrinated with values praised by democrats.
Latest? You mean only. Most mass shooters are white, male Christians. I think the religion screws up their brains.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Best.Korea

And I believe one of the commandments is thou shalt not kill. OH NO! NOW WHAT!!!
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ludofl3x
How does an imprisoned murderer prevent other citizens from living?
I already answered this. The food is a limited resource. More food for murderer = less food for good people.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ludofl3x
And I believe one of the commandments is thou shalt not kill. OH NO! NOW WHAT!!!
Simple. You misunderstand what it means. Spare the murderer = kill good people.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Best.Korea
At what age were you indoctrinated with Christian beliefs?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Best.Korea
I already answered this. The food is a limited resource. More food for murderer = less food for good people.
This isn’t North Korea dummy. We have plenty of food in this country.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Best.Korea
This is easily the dumbest thing I've read all day, your support for the death penalty is based on how much food the murderer eats. I can't even wrap my head around it, I can only hope you're not someone who operates heavy machinery for a living.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Best.Korea
 Spare the murderer = kill good people.
I'm not arguing to spare the murderer.  I'm asking you to explain how you're pro life but also pro killing a human being. It seems like you're more concerned about the timing of killing a human rather than the sanctity of life is all. I'm trying to find your logic, I really hope it's more than "a murderer consumes resources that can be used for better people, ergo murderers deserve to die." 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
This isn’t North Korea dummy. We have plenty of food in this country.
No. You have a lack of food to the point where some couples are refusing to have children because food is expensive.
That might give you a clue about what "limited resource" means. It is the opposite of "unlimited resource".
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ludofl3x
This is easily the dumbest thing I've read all day, your support for the death penalty is based on how much food the murderer eats. I can't even wrap my head around it, I can only hope you're not someone who operates heavy machinery for a living.
Not an argument. If you dont want to present arguments, I completely understand.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ludofl3x
I'm not arguing to spare the murderer.  I'm asking you to explain how you're pro life but also pro killing a human being. It seems like you're more concerned about the timing of killing a human rather than the sanctity of life is all. I'm trying to find your logic, I really hope it's more than "a murderer consumes resources that can be used for better people, ergo murderers deserve to die." 
I have already explained to you a few times that being pro life means to increase life, and that killing a killer increases life. I dont see whats so hard to understand. Unless you meant that "pro life" means killing good citizens so that murderers can live?
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@ludofl3x
To be fair, it 'does cost money to have people in jail,
Food's not the only cost.

Some people 'do suffer from hunger in America,
And one could argue malnutrition is a factor in some people's deaths.

Also other issues people could probably use money on.

Though,  as our laws are now, I vaguely recall someone saying it costs more money to go the death penalty route,
I forget if that's true or not.
. . .

I'd also say, only take Best.Korea 'half seriously,
In the sense that they might be 'playing a bit, and not truly believing or meaning their own statements.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Lemming
To be fair, it 'does cost money to have people in jail,
Food's not the only cost.

Some people 'do suffer from hunger in America,
And one could argue malnutrition is a factor in some people's deaths.
I'm not arguing against either of these. They're clearly facts. What they're clearly not is any sort of justification to be calling yourself pro-life. If you at any point condone the forced ending of someone's life, by definition you're not pro life. Whether that means you think it's cool for homeless people to starve because they're not productive enough, or you'd rather a murderer get the death penalty for his crimes, either all human lives are inherently valued the same and can't be changed, or they're not and they can. Either you're pro life or you're not, which in either case is fine by me, but you can't be both. 
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@ludofl3x
It doesn't match most people I talk to's use of the phrase Pro Life, yeah.
Still, words can be used in different ways,

If there is more life in the world, when one kills X,
Then a person could claim to be Pro Life,
Again, I agree it doesn't fit most people I talk to's use of the phrase.
. . .

As an example, suppose a leader wants his people to live good healthy long lives,
So he starts a war, in which many of his people die, but he achieves power and success, riches for the people still alive.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ludofl3x
If you at any point condone the forced ending of someone's life, by definition you're not pro life.
No. It was already explained to you a couple of times that pro life = increase life. You rejected my definition and made up your own definition of "pro life", which is a definition that is impossible to be satisfied by anyone. Therefore, if you reject my definitions, you cannot refute my standpoint and there is nothing to argue about.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Lemming
 it costs more money to go the death penalty route
That is simply not true. The bullets cost 2-3 $, for example.

The amount of food being saved is higher than the amount of food being spent.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Best.Korea
Well, that'd require a different set of laws, than our current ones.
With current laws, death penalty costs more money, some say.