Rural Florida teen sentenced to life for murder of classmate. Red state crime is out of control.

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 38
Best.Korea
Debates: 272
Best.Korea
-->
@Lemming
From what I am reading there, its not the death penalty that costs money, but all the lawyers trying to prevent it and turn it into life sentence is what costs money. Plus, choosing a 70,000$ lethal injection instead of a 3$ bullet might have had an impact too.

The cost of just having a prisoner in prison is:
"States spent an average of $45,771 per prisoner for the year."

In 10 years, that is 450k. In 20 years, that is 900k. In 40 years, thats 1.8 million. In 60 years, that is 2.7 million dollars.

When we add to that the cost of trial, which is about 100,000, we get 2.8 million.

Therefore, death penalty is better. Just set a time limit for trial so that the trial cannot last for 20 years, and choose bullets over injection, and remove the option that death penalty can be turned into life sentence and it will be fixed. The price will be "trial + bullets".
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Best.Korea
Maybe they didn't factor in the cost of living, for the 1 million cost to the death penalty, so maybe it costs even more than a million,
In our current laws.

Well, if you debate someone one the death penalty, I'll read it.
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Best.Korea
No. You have a lack of food to the point where some couples are refusing to have children because food is expensive.
Food is expensive? How long has food been expensive?

Some couples? How many? What is your source for this statement? What about student loan debt and the high cost of homes? Is that having more of an effect in delaying young people from starting a family?

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
What about student loan debt and the high cost of homes? Is that having more of an effect in delaying young people from starting a family?
Irrelevant to topic.
The economy is connected. Wasting food on prisoners reduces the amount of food available to others. Less food means food is more expensive. Therefore, it is harder to even repay the loan. Plus, since everyone needs food including landlord, the price of everything goes up when food price goes up.

Food is a limited source. It is not unlimited. Not even close to it.

The birth rates are down. One reason for that is that having children is expensive.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Best.Korea
Irrelevant to topic. 
False. Completely relevant.

The topic was there is violence in rural Republican communities as illustrated by this teenager sentenced to life in prison.

Then somehow you said we need the death penalty in order to conserve food for the good citizens so they can afford to feed and have children.

And you’re saying I’m off topic? You Koreans eat dogs, right?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Best.Korea
The birth rates are down. One reason for that is that having children is expensive.
I’m pretty sure the cost of food is pretty low on the list of considerations when Americans are making the decision to start a family or not. Maybe it’s a Korean thing but not in America. I read today that South Korea has one of the highest suicide rates in the world. Why do you suppose that is?

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
I’m pretty sure the cost of food is pretty low on the list of considerations when Americans are making the decision to start a family or not.
The cost of food is high, and as explained, affects every other price because every worker needs to eat in order to work.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
One would hope that all Americans are Democratic Republicans.

One would further hope that the majority of Americans remain Moderate Democratic Republicans.

"The West" relies upon a rational U.S. 

Don't let the nut jobs take over the asylum.