Which states have the highest gun death rates in the U.S.? Red States of course

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 234
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
-->
@Sidewalker
Montana has the third lowest population density, you can expect a low murder rate if the closest person is 40 miles away.
Population density kills people.

Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Best.Korea
Montana has the third lowest population density, you can expect a low murder rate if the closest person is 40 miles away.
Yes, pretty much everything kills people except guns, right?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
Democrat run dense cities are the worst option.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
Democrat woke culture killed more people in USA than any mass shooter.

So we ban the woke culture, and restore traditional values which are: marriage and functional families.
ludofl3x
Debates: 0
ludofl3x
-->
@Best.Korea
Please explain with citations. How many school kids died this year of 'woke culture'?

So we ban the woke culture, and restore traditional values which are: marriage and functional families.
What specifically are you going to ban? You say "woke culture", what effectively can you outlaw? How do you enforce "marriage and functional families" either legislatively or culturally on people who aren't you? 

I'm looking forward to seeing who even tacitly agrees with your rankly undemocratic and anti-freedom, anti-self ownership idea. I know you're not really to be taken seriously, but this is too absurd to even qualify as satire. 
Slainte
Debates: 25
Slainte
-->
@ludofl3x
Citations aside, I would agree that children are being irreparably harmed by aggressive woke culture.  Children are agreeable by nature.  They need to be fore survival.  Anthropologically they have to learn from their care givers.  Whilst I am politically marooned, I am very concerned about the non-fact based aggressive wokeness raining down on our vulnerable world.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Slainte
Citations aside, I would agree that children are being irreparably harmed by aggressive woke culture.  Children are agreeable by nature.  They need to be fore survival.  Anthropologically they have to learn from their care givers.  Whilst I am politically marooned, I am very concerned about the non-fact based aggressive wokeness raining down on our vulnerable world.
Would you agree that it has killed more people than gun violence? If so, please provide citations, I don't think that's too much to ask. I don't remember the "BREAKING NEWS, A BANK IN AUSTIN TX HAS BEEN LEVELED BY WOKE CULTURE, 17 DEAD" headlines. 

Please describe the specifics of "aggressive woke culture" so I can understand your concerns. I don't want to assume or lump you in with some broad generalization, so I'm asking what you mean. What I'm hoping to hear is something along the lines of "I know someone who's been harmed [in this specific way] by [some specific act or entity that qualifies as culture]." 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Best.Korea
like Uvalde, Texas?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Best.Korea
Unbelievable. Half of all marriages end in divorce. Trump was divorced twice and cheated on his wives repeatedly. You morons vote for him and think he is the greatest President in history. The real problem in this country is ignorance. And Republicans are proud of their ignorance. 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Slainte
non-fact based 
Republicans are the party of no facts. They listen to their gut and Jesus.

Slainte
Slainte
-->
@ludofl3x
To your first question,  the answer is an unequivocal no.  There is no way I could support a statement that "woke" issues cause more death than guns.    There is an interesting conversation that can happen around increased suicides, and causations related thereto.  There was a significant upward trend., and for some reason the CDC stopped publishing the data in 2021.

Correlation, causation blah blah blah,  I do think there is a question that needs to be examined.  

Example, a nephew of mine, is very very suicidal because he does not know what his identity is.  He states, "everyone has a some flag and I do not".   Granted he has underling psychological pathology,  however the poor kid at 15, has no idea.   

That is just the transgender aspect of wokeness.   Questions need to be asked.

Your second question about "aggressive woke culture".  Thank you for asking.   Lets refer to above, m nephew.   In his school there are all sorts of flags,: Gilbert, Progress, Bisexual, Lesbia, Gay, Drag, Genderflux, Demiboy, Nonbinary, Transgender, Maverique, Abro, Gray, Pan, A.  etc etc etc.  and no "straight" or "heterosexual".   

That is passive aggressive.  Passive aggressive is the media,  and corporations who virtue signal for profit rather than actual substance.  Then you have real aggressive, which are physical fights at protests, fore which I assume you need no source.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ludofl3x
What specifically are you going to ban? You say "woke culture", what effectively can you outlaw? 
Well, I can think of many things.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Half of all marriages end in divorce
So ban divorce. Its not like we are improving society when we make it so that there is a bunch of fatherless children around.

The divorce used to be considered as something very bad. Today, people think its normal.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Slainte
Thanks for the reply! 

Correlation, causation blah blah blah,  I do think there is a question that needs to be examined.  
No dispute here, but these questions take a very long time to answer conclusively, and unfortunately won't be very clean or satisfying answers on either side of the debate, I would imagine. 

Example, a nephew of mine, is very very suicidal because he does not know what his identity is.  He states, "everyone has a some flag and I do not".   Granted he has underling psychological pathology,  however the poor kid at 15, has no idea.   
This is unfortunate, I'm sorry to hear about your nephew's struggles, regardless of underlying pathology. Because I'm not at all familiar with his particulars, and obviously it's none of my business, I would have to assume there are some things that are being omitted here for both brevity and privacy. It sounds like he's upset that there's no flag for 'straight,' but then you say he doesn't know what his identity is. If he's confused, and wants a flag for that representation, it sounds like wherever he's at would have to be pretty accommodating. I guess I'm not clear on how woke culture has engendered suicidal desires in your nephew, and I'm certainly not going to ask. I would just say that it's not clear that his current mental state is directly related to 'wokeness', which seems more and more to be a stand in for transgenderism. It's tough for kids in a majority to understand why minority representation is highlighted as it is. When I was younger, I used to ask "why is there no WHITE history month?" for example. Now, I get it. Hopefully he goes through something similar with a lot of support from the people around him and gets through what sounds like a difficult time. 

Passive aggressive is the media,  and corporations who virtue signal for profit rather than actual substance.  
Can you give me an example, and help me understand how you're delineating between 'virtual signal for profit' and 'actual substance'?

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Best.Korea
What specifically are you going to ban? You say "woke culture", what effectively can you outlaw? 
Well, I can think of many things.

Can you TYPE any of them? 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ludofl3x
How many school kids died this year of 'woke culture'?
Which particular woke culture? The abortion, castration of children or the standard destruction of family values and marriage in favor of woke values?
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Best.Korea
Which particular woke culture? The abortion, castration of children or the standard destruction of family values and marriage in favor of woke values?
You're the one who said woke culture kills more people than guns. I'm asking for your substantiation on that statement.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ludofl3x
You're the one who said woke culture kills more people than guns.
No. I said "Democrat woke culture killed more people in USA than any mass shooter."

I'm asking for your substantiation on that statement.
And you got it. Unless you fail to understand that abortion = murder, castration = murder, destruction of family = murder. If you fail to understand these things, then I dont see this getting anywhere.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
No. I said "Democrat woke culture killed more people in USA than any mass shooter."
Oh, then it's much clearer. ?????????

You're right, I don't see how abortion = murder, castration (which isn't happening) and people getting divorced = murder. We're not going to get anywhere because you're either a complete numbskull or just not an honest participant. I'll hedge toward the latter with a splash of the former. Best of luck. 
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Best.Korea

Guns don't kill people, woke culture kills people LOL

Gun people are hilarious.
Slainte
Slainte
-->
@ludofl3x
Can you give me an example, and help me understand how you're delineating between 'virtual signal for profit' and 'actual substance'?
I understand your question my friend.   With respect to transgender,  and profit I refer you to.  HERE.  A subquote..."the brands that can authentically connect with LGBTQ consumers win a business partner."

It is very rare that a business makes a decision to lose money, and when you are a public company (unless you are a B-Corp or other alternatives), you have a shareholder obligation to make money.    Why do we know so much about something that affects a very minority of the population.  The propagation of transgender ideology is disproportionate, and inflamed by corporations, looking to profit.  That is the aggression I am talking about.  

Businesses are promoting an ideology for profit, and not for social grace....  in my humble opinion.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Slainte
Businesses are promoting an ideology for profit, and not for social grace....  in my humble opinion.
Why can't both of these happen at the same time?

I'd also point out this is what capitalism does (and I'm not one of those down with capitalism types). 

ETA as well, this sort of marketing happens on both sides of the aisle. I don't see anything inherently nefarious in either. THe market wants what the market wants, ignore it at peril, right?
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@ludofl3x
We're not going to get anywhere because you're either a complete numbskull or just not an honest participant.
Let's see, this month he's a gun advocate, last month a Christian, and before that a pedophile....I think we can safely go with "not an honest participant".
Slainte
Slainte
-->
@ludofl3x
Interesting question.   One is the intent, the other is a fortuitous outcome.  There is one intent,  save and except for those corporations that specifically charter themselves to be different, and there are special SEC filling obligations for same

A claim on "supporting diversity" does little for companies that do not have aggressive fair trade practices, etc etc.  It does support their bottom line....  for now. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ludofl3x
Oh, then it's much clearer. ????????
Yes. You claimed that I said guns, when I said mass shooter. Mass shooter is a criminal who needs to be executed. Gun is none of that.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Slainte
A claim on "supporting diversity" does little for companies that do not have aggressive fair trade practices, etc etc.  It does support their bottom line....  for now. 
Just so I'm clear on what you mean here, you don't think companies that benefit from claiming to support diversity aren't going far enough to ensure they are following fair trade practices, and that represents a level of hypocrisy, is that correct? 

Assuming yes, I would have to understand better a real life example of this discordance. ETA now that I think on it, I'm not sure it makes much of a difference in practical terms, though. If you're claiming to support diversity and doing things like ensuring minority candidates for jobs get equal treatment, or having gender neutral bathrooms at the office, aren't you supporting the people that work for you, the ones that help you drive those profits? I also don't understand, and nor do I think you are claiming, to be clear, I don't understand how that could be related to some specific harm. SOMEONE, after all, is getting supported in some way, and not to the detriment of anyone else. Eventually, if we stay on that track, it would seem that fair trade practices would evolve to reflect it, down the road, you know? But honestly I don't really care about a corporation's bottom line, like who gives a shit if Bud Light sells a few less cases while people are mad they made a can with a transgender person's face on it (that was not for sale to the public, they're literally mad about a gift someone else was given). I bet the trans Anheuser Busch employees thought it was pretty awesome, and that helps them, which is fine by me. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ludofl3x
I don't see how abortion = murder, castration (which isn't happening) and people getting divorced = murder.
Trans surgery is castration. Single mother households produce most criminals. Abortion is murder, since the destruction of pregnancy is the destruction of human who is the result of that pregnancy when that pregnancy isnt destroyed.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ludofl3x
your rankly undemocratic and anti-freedom, anti-self ownership idea
Self ownership sounds fun, until it starts supporting suicide, castration of children, abortions, self mutilations, parents when not caring for their children, and some other objectively wrong things.

While I do think that self-ownership is the cool guy among ideologies, its results are somewhat less cool.
Slainte
Slainte
-->
@ludofl3x
Thank ypy for the clarification question.   Too many people do nt do it.  My comments are save and except for purpose corporations.  No splitting hairs here.  

Per your first question,  I quote[snippet]

companies that benefit from claiming to support diversity aren't going far enough to ensure they are following fair trade practices,
I am sorry if I implied that and I thank you for pointing it out.

I was trying to say, albeit iwith great neffectiveness , was companies core objective is profit.  Cancel culture is the exact same as virtue attachment.  I do  not consider it hypocritical because we know their objective at the start.     When the scorpion stung the frog  that was saving it from a flood .  it's cause he is what he is.   Businesses are profit machines.

You bring up a point about inclusivity in the office.  Companies know that one person can be a multi million dollar problem.   All things being equal, anything a company does is for profit.  inclusivity with a ypu g and inexpensive work force is important to the candidates.  Therefore it is important to HR.  I made sure we had a wellness roo. and a prayer room in our offices.  I sold it as being good for HR and emoyee acquisition and retention.   Yes I had to sell it.  

Happy staff = production  = profit.

Let me put it this way....  companies will do what they think they need to do to make or retain money.  There is nothing noble about it, nor does there have to be. 

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Slainte
Let me put it this way....  companies will do what they think they need to do to make or retain money.  There is nothing noble about it, nor does there have to be. 
Completely agree! Except it doesn't advance the ball on the apparent great harm and danger that this diversity drive is causing the country at large. To put a finer point on it, how does that relate to "aggressive woke culture" and the harms it's apparently causing society? 

ETA, from your earlier post,

A subquote..."the brands that can authentically connect with LGBTQ consumers win a business partner."

Why is this bad? What harm is it causing to society at large? It's not saying "We'd rather have LGBTQ+ customers than regular straight old white dudes." It's saying they want to expand business to include both. Doesn't bud light taste equally disgusting with or without a transgender person on the can? :)