Which states have the highest gun death rates in the U.S.? Red States of course

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 234
ludofl3x
Debates: 0
ludofl3x
-->
@Stephen
I don't click on links in forums from strangers, but I will tell you I didn't do a lot of digging on the UK story. In principle I disagree with legislating speech just because someone is offended by it, I told you, I agree with you, there should be no governmental sanctions on it, but that doesn't rule out that you could face repercussions at your work because of your behavior or things you say. If you work at a school and you're constantly saying things that upset the kids, the government can't say "you're going to jail!", but your principal might say "Knock it off or you're fired." Two different things, right?

Like I said, you can call yourself what the hell you like but don't expect me or try to forces me  to agree with you. That is my pint and you know it is.

A human with a dick and a pair of bollocks is not a fkn woman. And he will never get me to agree otherwise. But this is the "rights" they will be insisting on. 
THere is no law that wants you to AGREE that someone with a dick and balls is a woman. They want you to legally have to treat them the same as everyone else, that's all. 

I was talking pronouns he. she, them. not given names. 

This seems a distinction without a difference in my book. 
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
-->
@ludofl3x
 that doesn't rule out that you could face repercussions at your work because of your behavior or things you say
It just keeps getting better. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ludofl3x
 Like I said, you can call yourself what the hell you like but don't expect me or try to forces me  to agree with you. That is my pint and you know it is.

A human with a dick and a pair of bollocks is not a fkn woman. And he will never get me to agree otherwise. But this is the "rights" they will be insisting on. 
THere is no law that wants you to AGREE that someone with a dick and balls is a woman.
"there is no law";
Not yet. But in my opinion we are just a step or two away with incidents concerning alphabet people already being described "non crime hate incidents", for which one can be arrested, fined and imprisoned. As in the case of the ex soldier in the story that you do not want to even acknowledge.< This was only dropped after the story went international and it became a total embarrassment for the idiot officers involved.
Indeed the Police here in the UK even launched their own campaign  with billboards no less "reminding" people that "Being Offensive IS an Offence". Although their seems to have been some backpaddling on that now because of the utter madness of it all.

"Cops apologise for making up the law as they go along: Woke police force backs down over 'utterly chilling North Korean' (and wrong) claim that 'being offensive is an OFFENCE'".
They want you to legally have to treat them the same as everyone else, that's all. 

Well we are back to my question earlier.#137

What rights haven't  they got that others have? Have these people got less rights and protection than anyone else under the law of the land? 

What about the rights of women? These people want to my mind are taking away the rights of women to feel safe in their own spaces. Then there is sport. If these things are allowed to carry on we may never see another female champion in sport ever again.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Stephen
What rights haven't  they got that others have? Have these people got less rights and protection than anyone else under the law of the land? 
THeir rights of self ownership, self expression, right to the pursuit of happiness, and right to assemble have all arguably been infringed upon. I get what you're saying, but the time to fight for rights is before they're taken away. The first step to taking away rights is dehumanizing or minimizing or 'othering' them, and that can begin with stuff like removing books from libraries about them. 

What about the rights of women? These people want to my mind are taking away the rights of women to feel safe in their own spaces.
In what way does someone being allowed to dress how they want, request that others call them by a different name or pronoun, making women feel unsafe? 

If these things are allowed to carry on we may never see another female champion in sport ever again.

Or, female sports will just get better because it's not a bunch of chicks doing layups anymore. 

Seriously, though, this issue is one I'm not sure I can argue. There's a lot to it. For example, there's very little athletic difference between a 12 year old boy and 12 year old girl. They can absolutely play basketball, baseball, soccer, hockey, golf and probably others in the same league, on the same teams or even gender specific teams and you'll see very little between them. So at that age, to me, gender in sports is immaterial and if some team member wants to be him instead of her, it's no big deal. When you hit puberty though, obviously you're going to start to see significant differences. Obviously women's sports records, as insignificant as they are in the grand scheme of things, will become meaningless, which is unfair and stupid. I haven't really decided how I feel about transgender men competing against women as adults, but since i really don't give a fig about women's sports, I don't dedicate a lot of thought to it. Something to chew on I guess. 
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
@Steven

If these things are allowed to carry on we may never see another female champion in sport ever again.
I tried to say "oh no" to that, but I really couldnt.

Since plenty of women support LGBT, this seems like well deserved.
Women do bad things, then complain about the consequences of their actions by blaming others.

It is why I never take woman's opinion seriously.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ludofl3x
THeir rights of self ownership, self expression, right to the pursuit of happiness, and right to assemble have all arguably been infringed upon.

So are you saying that transexuals & and homosexuals have none of this.

I get what you're saying, but the time to fight for rights is before they're taken away. The first step to taking away rights is dehumanizing or minimizing or 'othering' them, and that can begin with stuff like removing books from libraries about them. 

Well putting the shoe on the other foot this can be said for parents not wanting explicit sexual literature about gender and homosexuality in school libraries.

U.K Teacher  enforcing LGBTQ propaganda: ON CHIDLREN

"you don't have a choice. If you refuse to do it, that will be dealt with severally"
What about the rights of women? These people want to my mind are taking away the rights of women to feel safe in their own spaces.
In what way does someone being allowed to dress how they want, request that others call them by a different name or pronoun, making women feel unsafe? 
Are women not allowed then to have their own safe spaces where they can feel comfortable and secure? A man dressed as a woman in a woman's changing room makes them feel unsafe. Or don't you agree?

Or, female sports will just get better because it's not a bunch of chicks doing layups anymore. 

I am sure you see the contradiction there.  If women have their sports encroached  upon, indeed invaded and taken over by men just because they say they are women, how long do you think women's sport will last?

I get what you're saying, but the time to fight for rights is before they're taken away. 

That is what women are doing, and being vilified and called all sorts of phobes  and attacked physically for fighting for what are their by rights.

Swimming Star Riley Gaines Assaulted by Transgender Mob at San Francisco State U: ‘F**king Transphobic B*tch’

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Stephen

I'm saying they're being infringed upon, and the more protections you take away from minorities, the more likely they are to be infringed upon by other non-state actors. 

Well putting the shoe on the other foot this can be said for parents not wanting explicit sexual literature about gender and homosexuality in school libraries.

THere are many steps between "explicit sexual literature available in school libraries" and "complete and total ban." Elementary school libraries are not an appropriate place for sexually explicit literature. But "My Two Mommies" is not sexually explicit literature, wouldn't you agree? Banning it because it's about a girl with two women parents isn't the same as banning it because it has graphic depictions of cunnilingus. Be realistic.

ETA parents do have the right to determine their child's education, and can do so today. If you don't like what's taught in schools, shop around until you find one that comports with your worldview. WHat you don't have the right to do is dictate what everyone ELSE can be educated on, in a PUBLIC school, because it makes you feel a certain way. Public school should be inclusive for the entire public. THat includes transgender kids, kids of gay parents, straight, gay, whatever, because that's the public. THat's not to say every child should have access to every book at any age, but again, elementary school libraries shouldn't offer 50 Shades of Grey, which is a straight cis sex farce. It's age propriety that rules the day, not content. 

Are women not allowed then to have their own safe spaces where they can feel comfortable and secure? A man dressed as a woman in a woman's changing room makes them feel unsafe. Or don't you agree?
I'm not a woman, so I think if you want to hear about women's safe spaces, you ought to talk to them. None of the women in my life spend one second worrying about if the person in the other fitting room has a dick, and I've not seen a spate of sexual assaults or any real problem from having gender neutral bathrooms. But again, it's really a question for women. 

If women have their sports encroached  upon, indeed invaded and taken over by men just because they say they are women, how long do you think women's sport will last?
So one of your top problems with transgender legislation is that it doesn't do enough to protect records in women's sports? Seems obscure. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ludofl3x
-->
@<<<Stephen>>>

I'm saying they're being infringed upon,

By whom?

THere are many steps between "explicit sexual literature available in school libraries" and "complete and total ban." Elementary school libraries are not an appropriate place for sexually explicit literature. But "My Two Mommies" is not sexually explicit literature, wouldn't you agree? Banning it because it's about a girl with two women parents isn't the same as banning it because it has graphic depictions of cunnilingus. Be realistic.

I am asking you what about the rights of parents being ignored about their concerns on what they wish their own children are being  taught against their wishes.

I'm not a woman, so I think if you want to hear about women's safe spaces, you ought to talk to them. None of the women in my life spend one second worrying about if the person in the other fitting room has a dick, and I've not seen a spate of sexual assaults or any real problem from having gender neutral bathrooms. But again, it's really a question for women. 
We are not taking "the other "changing room, and you know it, stop being so ignorant and disingenuous.

If women have their sports encroached  upon, indeed invaded and taken over by men just because they say they are women, how long do you think women's sport will last?
So one of your top problems with transgender legislation is that it doesn't do enough to protect records in women's sports? Seems obscure. 
No.  you are being disingenuous, again. .The women can look after their own "records" if allowed to compete against other women and not forced to compete against men.

I've not seen a spate of sexual assaults 

Swimming Star Riley Gaines Assaulted by Transgender Mob at San Francisco State U: ‘F**king Transphobic B*tch’

Lesbians say trans-women coercing them into unwanted sex

I have yet to see a "spate of assaults" against transsexuals.  Indeed, from what I have been reading and watching all the aggression is coming from the trannies.

This must be one of the most famous threats of aggression ever live on air made by a tranny ..

"cut that out now, or you'll go home in an ambulance"

TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Here's something you should check out:

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Best.Korea
"You forgot to mention Trump is white", zing!! LOL
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheUnderdog
Most gun violence is with a Glock, including mass shootings.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Stephen
I am asking you what about the rights of parents being ignored about their concerns on what they wish their own children are being  taught against their wishes.

They have their right to express their opinion on the curriculum offered. They absolutely have the right to not sign permission slips for things like drag queen story hours. They also have the right to pursue educational options that comport with their beliefs. Pretty sure I said that earlier. What they do not have is the right to impose their opinion on the rest of the community by demanding NO ONE learn about them. It's pretty simple. 

We are not taking "the other "changing room, and you know it, stop being so ignorant and disingenuous.
You mean the bathroom? How does that make a difference to what I said? Changing rooms in the states are commonly called fitting rooms, sorry for the misunderstanding. 

The women can look after their own "records" if allowed to compete against other women and not forced to compete against men.
Okay, sounds good. You're really into women's sports and don't want some dude becoming the all time leader in every category in the WNBA. I'm not super wound up about women's sports, to say the least, and I would imagine if transgender people were asked to give in on this one issue (You must compete against the same gender assigned at birth) so that they could feel more comfortable that the proud boys aren't going to threaten to burn down a library where a transgender is doing a story hour, or a bar where there's an adult drag show attended by only adults, I bet they would. 
 Indeed, from what I have been reading and watching all the aggression is coming from the trannies.
I wonder if this has anything to do with your news sources. 
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Greyparrot
Be careful; the left might want to ban handguns next (except for politicians, they are allowed to have these guns for protection while the rest of us don't).
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheUnderdog
They are welcome to try. Banning the Glock would most certainly lead to a SCOTUS ruling that will probably set gun legislation precedent for a century.

Democrats know this, which is why they lie and say they can ban guns when they know constitutionally they can't touch the Glock.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Stephen
A good compromise would be to create a 3rd sports league for dysphoric people.

That way they can still be the best without stepping on any toes.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
A good compromise would be to create a 3rd sports league for dysphoric people. 
That way they can still be the best without stepping on any toes.
No gig work again today I see 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
That’s more respectable than getting dishonorably discharged.
Good lord....
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ludofl3x
But shooting it [beer cans] with an AR15 seems at least EQUALLY guilty of the dreaded 'virtue signaling', with an extra helping of violence, I just don't understand it.#131

And what about your tranny shooting up a school full of children and teachers and killing three of each?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Greyparrot
@ludofl3x

A good compromise would be to create a 3rd sports league for dysphoric people.That way they can still be the best without stepping on any toes.

Yes. I agree.

Transgender female golfer Breanna Gill wins women's tournament in Australia Gill, a biological male, won Australian Women's Classic after forcing playoff'

Just can't keep a good "girl" down, can ya?

When's this shite going to end?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Stephen
And what about your tranny shooting up a school full of children and teachers and killing three of each?
Whataboutism? Of course.

What about all the white, straight males that have committed mass shootings? Most recently the white male at the bank in Louisville. 

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
You have done zero to alter your opinion or to address my concerns about these vulnerable people . You have pretty much just spoke past me. A lot of Democrats at this point would have at least told me that they are not for a gun ban but want to have some more hoops to jump through to make it harder for criminals to get guns.
I've never advocated for a total gun ban nor would I be in favor of such a proposal. When I argue the points I do, I am responding to the illogic of the positions being presented. It's one thing to be against a gun ban, it's another to claim a gun ban wouldn't significantly decrease the amount of people killed by guns every year. The latter is at least defendable, the former is not.

If we are going to find areas of common ground we need to start with the simplest of ideas and work our way from there. Anyone claiming more guns = less gun violence is in my view not worth discussing anything further.

So let me address a few points first.

I find your comment about my attitude towards banning guns being child like incredibly ironic, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You immediately go into criminals vs law abiding citizens as if the world is really that simple. This isn't a comic book where the world can easily be broken down into good guys vs the bad guys. Every story has at least two sides, and everyone is the good guy in their own story. Real life involves nuance, breaking people up into two categories and appointing yourself as the arbiter of which group everyone belongs in is every bit as childish and simplistic as you allege my position to be.

Second, the democrat areas vs republican areas thing is ridiculous. Crime is higher in areas that are densely populated. That's basic human nature. And democratic policies are more focused on the issues facing people living within densely populated areas, so they tend to elect democrats. You're causality is backwards. In fact, if you really want to get into it, per Capita the highest crime ridden states are red states. I could easily argue your point against republicans but I'm not dishonest enough to do so because I recognize there are many factors that play into it, the least of which being whether the governor has a D or an R next to their name.

Third, I am not claiming criminals should have access to anything the rest of us shouldn't. How are you even being serious? As far as I can tell, this is an extension of the tired old "criminals will always get guns because they don't follow our laws" argument, which is childishly absurd. If that was the logic you really lived your life in accordance with then you wouldn't lock your doors at night, because criminals would just find a way in anyway.

We have laws for a reason, if people aren't following them we don't just throw our hands up and get rid of the law. If 3D printed guns are a problem, pass new regulations to limit its effect. If guns being smuggled in is a problem, add more resources to stop it from happening. The question isn't whether there is a solution, the question is whether we care about the problem enough to solve it.

So moving on to your ultimate point here, what would change each other's minds? I don't know what would change your mind but I'll start with what seems to be some of our fundamental differences;

You seem to take it as a given that criminals, gangs, mass shooters, and any other meme of "bad guy with a gun" you can think of will remain unchanged regardless of what we do. I reject that. I believe laws work when properly executed. I believe that banning something makes it harder to get, when something is harder to get that makes it less likely that the next bad guy will be able to get it, and when something is less likely it will happen less often.

I also reject your "equalizer" mentality. Yes it makes the old lady equal to the big scary criminal, it also turns the disturbed puny kid into a monster capable of ending 20 plus lives in a matter in minutes. We will never all be equal, you pull up with a hand gun and I'll pull up with a bullet proof vest and an AK47. So where does this stop? Is your vision of the just society you want to live in really one where every single individual walking down the street or into a bar is carrying a loaded weapon? One where any confrontation anywhere has the potential to turn shoot out? And what then is the point point of having police? You talk about guns being an equalizer, I can't imagine anyone in our society being more negatively impacted by that idea than them.

Regarding your point about people in North Dakota somewhere, this is why I do not believe in a total gun ban. I do believe people should have access to the means they need to protect themselves in their private residence. But no one needs an AK47 to do that. No one needs to own 40 different firearms or extended magazines to do that.

So as far as I can tell, what it really comes down to between us is our basic value - you appear singularly focused on what you consider to be the vulnerable population and ensuring they can stand up to the bad guys. My focus is on everyone. I want to live in a world where there are less needless deaths. That includes the vulnerable, so I'm not sure how you could possibly convince me to disregard my concerns for the rest of society to focus on just one segment of it, but you're welcome to keep trying.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Stephen
What about it? Is there a point you think this one example makes?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Double_R

But shooting it [beer cans] with an AR15 seems at least EQUALLY guilty of the dreaded 'virtue signaling', with an extra helping of violence, I just don't understand it.#131

Double_R wrote: What about it? Is there a point you think this one example makes?

My point is that there is a massive fkn difference between shooting Bud cans in protest and shooting up a school full of children because someone doesn't agree that you are a man when  in reality you are woman.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
 I want to live in a world where there are less needless deaths.
That world already exists in many countries that have traded liberty for safety. There are plenty of global choices that do not involve transforming America.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Double_R
bad guy with a gun" you can think of will remain unchanged regardless

This is a lot to respond to but as I already said somebody being able to change has not even come up. I don't care if the guy stabbing me with a knife has the capability to change, I care about if I have a gun to blow his head off with, prior to receiving a fatal wound. 

This bad guy good guy shit you are projecting is beside the point and a strawman you have built up. As I have stated in another thread, I have my own legal problems and a few warrants for my arrest. I clearly do not label criminals as bad guys, nor do I assume law abiding people are good guys. This is all strawmans you are making in your head

So as far as I can tell, what it really comes down to between us is our basic value - you appear singularly focused on what you consider to be the vulnerable population and ensuring they can stand up to the bad guys.
Like I said, I don't think it matters whether it is a bad guy or somebody experiencing a psychotic episode. What matters is the ability to be safe. 

It's also not about standing up to anybody. I am not RM. I don't think there is any value in "standing up" to people. What matters is being safe. 

A gun is not there to help you stand up to somebody. It is a last line of defense against somebody who is a threat to your life in the moment. 
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Like I said, I don't think it matters whether it is a bad guy or somebody experiencing a psychotic episode. What matters is the ability to be safe. 
Agreed. So the question is, why do you think having more guns wondering around our society makes us safer?

If, in your gun utopia where everyone is carrying a loaded weapon, do you really think the guy coming at you would be doing so with a knife?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Stephen
My point is that there is a massive fkn difference between shooting Bud cans in protest and shooting up a school full of children because someone doesn't agree that you are a man when  in reality you are woman.
Of course there is. So what?

Of all the mass shooters out there you cherry picked one of the insanely rare examples where the shooter was trans, so are you making a point about trans people, or do you really think it needs to be pointed out that shooting bud light cans and shooting school children are not the same thing?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Double_R
Of course there is. So what?

Of all the mass shooters out there you cherry picked one of the insanely rare examples where the shooter was trans,
Read the thread. 
The subject in question is Transsexuals(LGBTQ) and aggression. ludofl3x seemed to be of belief that Transsexuals are a peaceful lot and just want "their rights" and are attacked every day. I haven't seen that myself, but I have seen quite a few Transsexual and their supporters carrying out aggressive attacks and assaults and I gave a few examples above. Would you like more? 

This woman champion swimmer was punched and assaulted several times and locked a cupboard for three hours and held to ransom.

U.K Teacher  enforcing LGBTQ propaganda: ON CHIDLREN

"you don't have a choice. If you refuse to do it, that will be dealt with severally"
ludofl3x claims and believes that shooting Bud beer cans in protest at the company that promotes their beer is " EQUALL" guilty of violence. 

Here>>
ludofl3x wrote: "But shooting it [beer cans] with an AR15 seems at least EQUALLY guilty of the dreaded 'virtue signaling', with an extra helping of violence, I just don't understand it.#131
^^^^ that is a poor scrape of the barrel in defence of transsexuals and "their rights", what ever the fk they are?

do you really think it needs to be pointed out that shooting bud light cans and shooting school children are not the same thing?

No, but it appears that you did. As did Ludo.

WindowsUser34
WindowsUser34
What a waste of time, I login and all that puzzle. Do you like the puzzles captja, I mean are you kids or men? Seems ridicules to me. Post new topic button don/t work.