Elon Musk is destroying Twitter and it’s stock price

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 64
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Stolen valor larpers can't afford to take you up on your bet.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Greyparrot
He can't afford it. Oromagi is a midwit whose IQ is capped at 130 but I would be shocked if the larper is up into the triple digits at all. 
Slainte
Debates: 25
Slainte
-->
@oromagi
I joined Twitter when Elon bought it.   I also bought a checkmark when he released the Twitter files.    I have no problem paying for transperancy with a private company.   It is too bad pur governments are not as  transperant.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@oromagi
If you ever get on Jeapardy, please let me know, I'm gonna bet my house that you win.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
I will take you up on your bet. 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
I saw these people's tik toms.
  • Those who get their news from Chinese brain control apps deserve their enslavement.
The numbers I have seen recently shows
  • numbers found on Twitter, so they must be true.
Prior to Elon musk taking over there were a lot of people advertising services to verify people for $10k and more.
  • That false rumor was started by Billy Marks, CEO of DogeCoin on Nov 7th and Elon Musk.  Are you only getting your information from Elon?
    • Marks and Musk are together facing a racketeering lawsuit claiming $258 in losses when they crashed that DogeCoin pyramid scheme.
A member of the antifa organization tried to attack his child. I think it's suitable for him to protect his child from lunatics.
  • Again, Elon Musk is the ONLY source that back this claim.  Here is Musk's LOL video of the "attack on his son."
    • Strange that Musk never reported the attack to police and never filed a report.  He did contact TMZ.
I haven't seen this occur and if so I wonxer what they actually said prior to bans. Company secrets etc.
  • "I don't want to sacrifice my mental health just to make the richest man in the world richer."
Maybe not personal vendettas but I would consider banning based on political speech you disagree with is worse than doing it for a personal vendetta.
  • We both know that's a lie. You have zero problem with removing black speech from Florida schools, advocating big goverment intervention in local schools because and only because that big government is white and male and the teacher and librarians (who we both know are a thousand times better at teaching childen than QAnon whack jobs).  Try your lazy amoral bullshit on someone who knows you less well.
If I lose the IQ test I will kill myself for being stupider than you
  • Shutting the fuck up because you can't tell the truth from a lie would be sufficient.

IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
A member of the antifa organization tried to attack his child. I think it's suitable for him to protect his child from lunatics.
Bullshit. The ban had nothing to do with his child.

Shutting the fuck up because you can't tell the truth from a lie would be sufficient.
Conservatives thrive on lies. Its one of their most unifying traits.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Absolutely not. The reason being is that truth is unknowable
  • It only seems that way because you are unable to perceive the truth.  The truth is knowable when and where it is convincingly reproduceable .  It's just you've broken your ability to sense that truth out of fealty to MAGA.

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
What's amazing about Wylted's perspective on Elon Musk is that, like, 3 out of the 5 things he knows about Musk are actually stories started by Musk on Twitter.  He is literally just taking Elon Musk's word for how things are going down at Twitter.  Why? Why not seek some objectivity in our understanding?
Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
Conservatives thrive on lies. Its one of their most unifying traits.
Gotta question the credibility of a person who uses stolen valor to claim superiority in arguments on internet threads. 
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Slainte
I joined Twitter when Elon bought it.   I also bought a checkmark when he released the Twitter files.    I have no problem paying for transperancy with a private company.   It is too bad pur governments are not as  transperant.
Musk is currently shadowbanning the author of the Twitter files because Taibbi criticized Musk for banning his venue, Substack.  Is that your notion of transparancy,  a guy gets ejected for saying he disagrees with Musk?

In fact, Jack Dorsey criticizes Musk for insufficient transparacy.  The documents themselves are not publicly available and Dorsey demands that all internal documents be released Wikileaks style- advising that Musk's interpretation of select documents is biased and an unbiased review would favor old Twitter heavily- "we  have nothing to hide."  says Dorsey.
Slainte
Debates: 25
Slainte
-->
@oromagi
Nope.    I am concerned.   That being said...  it is a better communication universe.   
Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@oromagi
How do you feel about Elon Musk as the leader of Twitter? 
oromagi
oromagi
I think its fine.  He's Citizen Kane: he overpaid for vanity.  Substack Notes looks like a decent replacement.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Sidewalker
-->
@<<<oromagi>>>
If you ever get on Jeapardy, please let me know, I'm gonna bet my house that you win.
  • I did once go to trivia night at Old Chicago''s Pizza with my brother's family and we were like totaly dominant, won a bunch of free pizza.

Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Greyparrot
If they ever come up with The Conspiracy Whack Job Game Show, I'm all in on you winning.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
Gotta question the credibility of a person who uses stolen valor to claim superiority in arguments on internet threads. 

Ouch.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@oromagi
Those who get their news from Chinese brain control apps deserve their enslavement.
They looked white to me.

Again, Elon Musk is the ONLY source that back this claim. Here is Musk's LOL video of the "attack on his son."
Are you seriously claiming that there was not any vitriol towards him and that he had to hire actors to stage this stuff?

You have zero problem with removing black speech from Florida schools, advocating big goverment intervention in local schools because and only because that big government is white and male
I mean, if you consider a bunch of Jews white. I don't know what type of government intervention I would want in public schools. 

Shutting the fuck up because you can't tell the truth from a lie would be sufficient.
I can agree to a permanent vow of silence if I lose an IQ test to you. 

It only seems that way because you are unable to perceive the truth.

Nobody is, dunning Kruger affect aside. It simply is not knowable. There is always some non zero chance of something else other than what the most popular belief is, being true. 

The truth is knowable and when and where it is convincingly reproduceable

Okay so how would you determine the Holocaust is true? You would repeat it? 

. It's just you've broken your ability to sense that truth out of fealty to MAGA.
I have never had an ability to sense truth. Everything I have ever thought to be true has been proven false at some point. 

I just have to live with a great deal of uncertainty.  I am happy your arrogance makes you 100% sure that every single belief you have is 100% accurate. It would explain why you are so willing to remove freedom of speech, because you know for a fact every single belief you don't agree with is false. 

I am not sure how you know this, but you do. So congrats on having omniscience I guess. 

In fact, Jack Dorsey criticizes Musk for insufficient transparacy. The documents themselves are not publicly available and Dorsey demands that all internal documents be released Wikileaks style- advising that Musk's interpretation of select documents is biased and an unbiased review would favor old Twitter heavily- "we have nothing to hide." says Dorsey.

There is no amount of things surrounding what was released that would justify the DNC and the government trying to control speech and access to information. 

I know I know. You value what the government tells you is truth over people's freedom of speech, but what if the powers to be aren't perfect? What if some actors are not only imperfect but have malevolent intentions? 

I know in your world that is impossible, but in the real world we need checks and balances on information. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
I can agree to a permanent vow of silence if I lose an IQ test to you.
Why do idiots always try to tell people they have a high IQ?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
government trying to control speech
translation to reality - government trying to stop the spread of misinformation because conservatives don’t use critical thinking skills

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
You should agree to the same one Biden took...oh wait...
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
You should agree to the same one Biden took...oh wait...
I bet Biden could never be a substitute teacher. Now to be a substitute teacher, that’s something only the most talented people with the highest IQ scores can strive for. 

In society it goes substitute teacher, doctor, lawyer, airline pilot. If you are really successful you avoid military service and live in your mother’s house as well

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Are you seriously claiming that there was not any vitriol towards him and that he had to hire actors to stage this stuff?
  • No and please go fuck yourself for trying to insert your lies in my mouth.  I'm saying there's no evidence that Musk's son was attacked- Musk's vid does not support the claim of attack and the fact that he was afraid to go to cops with his lie but not afraid to go to TMZ  is highly suspcious. In the absence of any evidence whatsover, I assume Musk is telling yet another of his many, many paranoid lies.
I mean, if you consider a bunch of Jews white. 
  • Ron DeSantis is Jewish?  I did not know that.
There is always some non zero chance of something else other than what the most popular belief is, being true. 
  • Nice excuse for the sin of knowingly bearing false witness whenever you think you can get away it.
Okay so how would you determine the Holocaust is true? You would repeat it? 
  • Survivors' testimonies: Many Holocaust survivors have given first-hand accounts of their experiences during the genocide, including their imprisonment in concentration and extermination camps, the brutality of the Nazi regime, and the atrocities they witnessed.
  • Nazi documentation: The Nazi regime kept meticulous records of their operations, including detailed records of the concentration and extermination camps, as well as other forms of documentation such as photographs and videos.
  • Eyewitness accounts: Many non-Jewish people, including soldiers, civilians, and members of the resistance, witnessed the Holocaust firsthand and provided accounts of what they saw.
  • Physical evidence: There is a significant amount of physical evidence that supports the occurrence of the Holocaust, including the concentration and extermination camps themselves, mass graves, and other sites of atrocities.
  • Historical research: Historians have extensively researched the Holocaust, examining primary sources, conducting interviews, and analyzing other evidence to confirm its occurrence.
I have never had an ability to sense truth.
  • Because you're using the wrong sense organ.
I am happy your arrogance makes you 100% sure that every single belief you have is 100% accurate.
  • Another lie you put in my mouth.  I've never said such a thing.
It would explain why you are so willing to remove freedom of speech, because you know for a fact every single belief you don't agree with is false. 
  • Another falsehood.  I certainly defend more free speech than you do.  You only defend free speech that corrupts.
There is no amount of things surrounding what was released that would justify the DNC and the government trying to control speech and access to information. 
  • But as Matt Taibbi's Twitter Files explained to you and your corrupt heart failed to comprehend:  there is no truth to your false filthy lie.
    • That is the real reason Musk is ejecting Taibbi:  he refused to tell you the lie Musk wanted you to hear.

Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
@iwannaaroosevelt

I guess your line of thought goes like:

1) Check if person opposes to my ideas,

2) If 1 is true, then check the job and income of that person and compare it to mine,

3) if "my income > that person's income", then I am right and that person is wrong by these objective metrics.
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
When Elon Musk said he wanted to buy Twitter to protect free speech, I was cheering him on.  But then he bans people for talking bad about Tesla or who call Nazis white trash and that's what caused me to not like Elon Musk.  He's a fraud.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Best.Korea
1 is true, then check the job and income of that person and compare it to mine,
I am not going to claim retards can't make a ton of money. It's possible that someone as dumb as him makes the salary of a heart surgeon. Very unlikely but possible. 

It is also possible he is a democrat although he calls greyparrot gay because he thinks the word gay is an insult. He also makes fun of working class people for being uneducated and poor despite democrats pretending to be the party of gays an the working poor. 

I guess it's possible that despite his homophobia, classism and racism that he is a progressive. Although most liberals are like this, it is rare one is openly that racist and homophobic. 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@oromagi
No and please go fuck yourself for trying to insert your lies in my mouth. I'm saying there's no evidence that Musk's son was attacked
Well if you are saying it didn't happen but musk has photographic evidence, the only other reasonable solution is to think the photographic and video evidence is staged. There is only two possible beliefs there, so you don't have to say it. You still haven't given your theory so I can only assume the one out of only two possible theories that would make sense from your POV

Ron DeSantis is Jewish? I did not know that.
I think your claim was about a bunch of white people as you call them, not a specific one who happens to be a zionist non Jew.

Nice excuse for the sin of knowingly bearing false witness whenever you think you can get away it.
I rarely make definitive statements if you haven't noticed. Like I said. Knowing anything is not possible.

As far as your Holocaust statements you stated prior that truth is known by repeatability so pointing out other methods to determine likely truth is not going to help your case.

Because you're using the wrong sense organ
I use my brain to look for truth. At a certain point I think we just need to predict or preferred truth. We can't know definitely that we are not brains in vats. If we choose to believe we aren't than we can't know who is and is not a philosophical zombie. If we choose to believe nobody is, we weren't there to personally witness historical events so we can't know they actually happened or if people were mistake or if we have been sold a bill of goods.

As much as I have strived for certainty. It just can't be achieved about anything so we should always behave in a way that takes every possibility into account.

Another lie you put in my mouth. I've never said such a thing.
If you aren't 100% certain about everything than what gives you the right to be the arbiter of truth and try to dictate what is and is not misinformation or appoint a government body to tell people what information they are allowed to see or not?

Another falsehood. I certainly defend more free speech than you do. You only defend free speech that corrupts.
This is just rhetoric for you saying you defend speech that everyone already agrees with. Like like "global warming is real" so speech that isn't actually under threat, while I defend speech of people who may have some truth. If there ever is any coordinated effort to suppress certain truths under my system it would never happen, under yours organizations such as the WHO get to decide what information people have access to . 

• But as Matt Taibbi's Twitter Files explained to you and your corrupt heart failed to comprehend: there is no truth to your false filthy lie.

This sounds like you are claiming that the government and the DNC never reached out to Twitter about content they wanted removed or with "warnings" about coming information just prior to the hunter Biden laptop leaks? 

Would you like to debate the following resolution as con

"The DNC never reached out to Twitter about content moderation" 
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@<<<oromagi>>>
No and please go fuck yourself for trying to insert your lies in my mouth. I'm saying there's no evidence that Musk's son was attacked
Well if you are saying it didn't happen but musk has photographic evidence,
  • How about every time you put words into my mouth, I get to call it rape?  I am saying that there's no evidence that Musk's son was attacked and good reason to asume Musk was merely lying.
There is only two possible beliefs there, so you don't have to say it. You still haven't given your theory so I can only assume the one out of only two possible theories that would make sense from your POV
  • False mentally ill extremism.   Belief is irrelevent and there are as many possible beliefs as stories you could make up about why a dude is sitting in his car.  The only fact and quite obvious to every honest man is that the video Musk claims is documenting an attack does not suggest an attack in any way- its just an unidentified man sitting in his car.
I think your claim was about a bunch of white people as you call them, not a specific one who happens to be a zionist non Jew.
  • I was talking about all that corrupt big government intrusion that you support into Florida's schools and libraries.
Nice excuse for the sin of knowingly bearing false witness whenever you think you can get away it.
I rarely make definitive statements
  • You mean like "there are only two possible theories tht might explain a video of an unidentified stranger sitting in his car: 
    • he is either attacking a two year old son or
    • Musk staged an attack on his two year son.
  • You constantly make definitive statement in your slavish pursuit to distort every truth.
As far as your Holocaust statements you stated prior that truth is known by repeatability so pointing out other methods to determine likely truth is not going to help your case.
  • False and quite dim-witted.  Every one of those methodologies is a repitition of the truth, tested by consistency.
Because you're using the wrong sense organ
At a certain point I think we just need to predict our preferred truth.
  • The most honest thing you've ever said:  for you truth is play-doh you use to troll people.
As much as I have strived for certainty. It just can't be achieved about anything so we should always behave in a way that takes every possibility into account.
  • Well, then let's agree you have no business trying to represent a group of rational debaters.  By your own words, you are not qualified to assess the actions of your fellow debaters.
Another lie you put in my mouth. I've never said such a thing.
If you aren't 100% certain about everything than what gives you the right to be the arbiter of truth
  • I don't assert such a role but you do.
and try to dictate what is and is not misinformation
  • I don't.  I let objective sources like Wikipedia set a standard for information/disinformation.
or appoint a government body to tell people what information they are allowed to see or not?
  • Opposite of the truth.  I think the Musk should show the people all of Twitter's internal documents.  Musk controls which documents he wants you to read and selecting particular reporters to report his select info the way he wants you to believe.
This is just rhetoric for you saying you defend speech that everyone already agrees with. Like like "global warming is real" so speech that isn't actually under threat, while I defend speech of people who may have some truth.
  • Pure crazy talk.  Look at that story about Liz Harris.  You literally defended the conspiracy theorist without having done any basic research.  You didn't know that her theory had been presented in many courts and venues,  you didn't know that she was claiming a conspiracy between MAGA Republicans, the Church of Latter Day Saints and the Sinoloa Drug Cartel.  All you knew is that she is a prominent part of QAnon and that kind of disinformation is your religion- so you believed her and supported her without any interest in the detail of her claim.  You only ever defend free speech when you know for a fact that speech is fucking with the truth.
If there ever is any coordinated effort to suppress certain truths under my system it would never happen, under yours organizations such as the WHO get to decide what information people have access to . 
  • I believe in the honest expertise of most professionals and take their word in preference to people who lie for a living.  Yes, Fauci is more honest and informative than Joe Rogan.  Yes, Republican Secretaries of State are more honest and informative than the Mattress King.
This sounds like you are claiming that the government and the DNC never reached out to Twitter about content they wanted removed or with "warnings" about coming information just prior to the hunter Biden laptop leaks? 
  • No it doesn't, liar.  I am disputing your claim that the Trump administration and DNC controlling free speech and accesss to information.  As your scumbag's  retreat to "reached out to Twitter" demonstrates you already know, Taibbi documents that the Trump adminstration and the Biden Campaign both frequently reached out to Twitter but no "control" was ever exerted by the government and the Biden administation had no power to exert.  Every decision made by Twitter was made free from government coercion, was openly declared and documented, and no secrets about that decision were withheld from the public.  
Would you like to debate the following resolution as con "The DNC never reached out to Twitter about content moderation" 
  • Notice how far you've sprinted from your original claim of CONTROL.  A more honest and forthright debate topic would be "Twitter never violated  any user's First Ammendment Right, contrary to claims made by Elon Musk"
  • If "reaching out" meant the same thing as control, Donald Trump would have been executed for treason as soon as the Mueller report documented 172 secret meetings between the Russian government and the Trump Campaign and the thousand of lies the Trump Campaign told covering up for those secret meetings.  There is no doubt that Putin reached out to Trump hundreds of times in the months just before Trump became Presdident, but because only massive piles of circumstantial evidence suggests that Trump did Putin's bidding while President (i.e. control).  
  • Please apologize for weaseling "control" into "reaching out," you slimy worm, you.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
A substitute teacher making $100/day like yourself should not be betting even if you live with your mother.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sir.Lancelot

Oh snap!