Something that I thought about

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 44
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Lemming
They get put in jail (I prefer lashings to save the taxpayer money), but they aren't obligated to save the life of the person they caused to be dependent on them by sacrificing a body part.

And it's not like me running someone over accidentally while drunk will get me the death sentence like murder should.

So then if the penalty for abortion was a lifetime sales tax imposed on both parents of the aborted baby, that would probably be more fair I think since drunk drivers would endure a similar penalty.  It also helps cut taxes imposed on other people who aren't the parents of an aborted baby.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Best.Korea
No, I would execute people for that.
I just don't agree with that.  If applied to abortion, that would mean you would have to kill about 1/6 females (and the 1/6 men that are also the parents of an aborted baby).

PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@TheUnderdog
You can do that if you want, but it doesn't make you guilty of murder if the iPhone you bought happened to be made with a child that died from making it.
I agree, it wouldn't make you a murderer but it also wouldn't shed you of moral responsibility 
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
You could argue that, and I think abortion is immoral.  But to BAN abortion, you need a punishment.  If you call abortion murder, you would need the death penalty for parents of aborted babies.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@TheUnderdog
Absolutely not. I would barely even punish women. I would punish the filthy doctors taking advantage of poor people in desperate situations for a quick buck
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
That would mean that doctors are going to be like, "We don't want to face the death penalty, so we're not going to do abortions anymore", and this means the females that get abortions are going to have to do them personally.  So whatever punishment you apply to the doctor your going to have to apply to the woman if she does her own abortion.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@TheUnderdog
I didn't say they were obligated to pay a body part,
Though from a certain point of view,
Money is earned from jobs,
Jobs can be destructive towards our bodies,
Thus money earned is like our body,
Ever hear of paying and arm and a leg?
(Comparison of money to body is meant half seriously)

But people 'can get sued,
And have to pay money rather than 'just go to jail.
"personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver."

Of abortion, I don't know 'what society ought do, laws enact.

@NoOneInParticular
The story of the Turkish Judge, pops into my memory,
No great meaning to this, just old memory, slight relation to conversation.
Best.Korea
Debates: 277
Best.Korea
-->
@TheUnderdog
If applied to abortion, that would mean you would have to kill about 1/6 females (and the 1/6 men that are also the parents of an aborted baby).
The moment abortion becomes punished by death, no one will dare to admit they had an abortion anymore. I guess we could spare the ones who had abortion before the law takes place, but after the law is placed there is no sparing.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@TheUnderdog
So whatever punishment you apply to the doctor your going to have to apply to the woman if she does her own abortion
That myth started in the 1970s by activists . The truth is back alley abortions are mostly a myth
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@TheUnderdog
....woke people like yourself are always going to find a way to complain.
Huh? "woke".  If I'm "woke" then your asleep or worse brain dead or semi-comatose.

Ive never claimed to be "woke", so not sure what it is you going about this time around either. 
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@TheUnderdog
An interesting analogy. It agrees with my conclusions to date that the only hypothesis under which abortion is immoral is incurred duty.

9 days later

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
That myth started in the 1970s by activists . The truth is back alley abortions are mostly a myth
People are still going to get illegal abortions, so they need punishment if it's banned.  if you go after the doctors, then no doctors do abortions anymore, meaning women do them personally and are going to need punishment.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@TheUnderdog
women do them personally and are going to need punishment
If they do it to themselves, I think that is punishment enough. They would have to not take anesthesia and just start cutting themselves open and shit right? 
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
There are ways to do abortions illegally that produce little pain.  Africa's been doing it for a long time.  Millions of aborted babies every year in Africa.