Law That Is Complete And Easy To Learn - God's Law

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 40
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
I was thinking about this text from the Bible
Mark 10.

"As Jesus was starting out on his way to Jerusalem, a man came running up to him, knelt down, and asked,
“Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
“Why do you call me good?” Jesus asked. “Only God is truly good. But to answer your question, you know the commandments:

‘You must not murder.
You must not commit adultery.
You must not steal.
You must not testify falsely.
You must not cheat anyone.
Honor your father and mother.’"

It is incredible that God's Law is so easy to read and learn. Anyone can understand it, and it results in improvement to all those who accept it.

Compare it to the laws of countries today. You will see that the laws in countries today contain thousands of  words in hundreds of pages.

Yet all their laws are inferior to God's Law.

A child can understand God's Law easily.

God's Law is a complete Law that gives answer to all situations in life in just few minutes of reading.

Every young person should learn the 10 Commandments and the prayer "Our Father".

10 Commandments:

"And God spoke all these words:

“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

1) “You shall have no other gods before me.

2)“You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

3) “You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

4) “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

5) “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.

6) “You shall not murder.

7) “You shall not commit adultery.

8) “You shall not steal.

9) “You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

10) “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”"

Prayer "Our Father":

"Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil."
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
The reality is that GODS Law was made up by men.

Same as ever.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Best.Korea

Indeed. he also says we must hate our Mothers and fathers.

“If any man come to Me and hate not his father and mother, and wife and children, and brethren and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.      Luke 14:26

Let's watch you worm your way around that!
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
@Stephen

I am not sure what the problem would be there. I hated my parents even before I read about Christ.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@zedvictor4
Still, kinda easy to learn.
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Best.Korea

Best.Korea,

Question; do you want me to Continue to make you the outright Bible Stupid and Ignorant fool in your thread as well, like I am doing in my thread relating to the 2nd class woman?    If you do not respond, then Jesus' inspired words and I will Bible Slap you Silly®️ with your topic in this pathetic thread of yours  understood?

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
Cool?
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
I think this passage you related to Jesus' time on earth is an excellent passage. Why, you ask? 

Because it demonstrates persuasively that being "good" is not the means to get you eternal life.  After all, Jesus just told the rich man, no one is good. 

So obeying all of these commandments is not to make you "good".  

It's the wrong question.  

Humanity and pretty much every religion take the view that it is about being good.  Whatever that means.   

Yet Jesus also links obedience to eternal life, doesn't he?  So why the disconnect?  

Why say in the first place, YOU ARE NOT GOOD and by implication obeying the commandments can't make you good?    And then in the second place - link obedience to eternal life?  

Because dear Best. Korea (Harikrish) - it's not a matter of so much of what you do as whom you are obeying.    In that passage v. 21 contains the answer and most people miss it. They are so busy with the first part - the part about giving away all of your riches, that they miss the 4 most important words.  "then come, follow me". 

To gain eternal life with God, doesn't take great effort on our part. We don't have to be "good". Or prove that we are good.  God doesn't expect us to prove something or be something that we are not.   We don't have to give all of our money away unless it is an idol and will prevent us from coming to God.  And for many people, wealth is an idol.  People with wealth have everything they need materially. They think this makes them happy.  And perhaps in some way, that's true.  After all, it's better to have Money and be sad than to have no money and be sad.  Yet wealth is a very jealous idol. Not very many people could just give it up. 

Yet some rich people - like this rich man in the story worry about the future - what happens after they die.  Many rich people never worry about this. They live for today and hope that this will satisfy them.  

the rich man like many others was focused only on the first part of the verse - and missed the last part.  Then come follow me. 

And when you think about it - this makes perfect sense.  After all, if heaven is God's home, it makes sense to be on personal terms with him.  He's not particularly worried about whether you have been good according to your own standards.  But he will want to make sure you are there in heaven because you want to spend time with him. Not out of some selfish motivation to avoid nothingness, or something worse.  

But Best. Korea thanks for bringing this to our attention.  Perhaps - you too might come and follow Jesus.   I certainly pray that you will. 
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Stephen

Indeed. he also says we must hate our Mothers and fathers
Come on lol. I think you know what he meant. Besides, even if you didn't know what he intended you can hate your parents in your heart and outwardly honor them. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Best.Korea:  Every young person should learn the 10 Commandments .......
5) “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.

Stephen: Indeed. he also says we must hate our Mothers and fathers     “If any man come to Me and hate not his father and mother,[..............] he cannot be My disciple.      Luke 14:26

PREZ-HILTON: you can hate your parents in your heart and outwardly honor them.
So?
 At least one of those verses is a  command if not both and they both come with a condition.?....... and one contradicts the other.....

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Best.Korea

Honor your father and mother.’" Exodus
Indeed. he also says we must hate our Mothers and fathers.

“If any man come to Me and hate not his father and mother, and wife and children, and brethren and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.      Luke 14:26 

I am not sure what the problem would be there.

Well you Christians never do see the problem when hit with these biblical contradictions and dilemmas.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Yep. But there are alternatives, that  perhaps some people find more relevant to their way of thinking.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Tradesecret
People with wealth have everything they need materially.  They think this makes them happy.  And perhaps in some way, that's true.
Money cannot replace the lack of spirituality.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Stephen
I would say the first one is a command and the second one is saying to put God first. A lot of Jesus's words are pulled from rabbi's that were popular during his time alive and we can see where he gets the verses most often quoted.

I can see arguments for taking the old testament literally or Paul literally at least where it isn't obvious to do otherwise, but Jesus spoke in parables used a lot of double entendres used common popular sayings from famous rabbis that those rabbi's themselves wrote a lot about.

The eye of the needle verse comes to mind which is found word for word in a ton of predated rabbinical texts and when those rabbi's expand on it, clearly means "very hard to get to heaven" not "impossible". 

It's not fair for me to mention this short hand here without fully explaining it because I haven't provided enough evidence to change your mind, so Give me 48 hours to make a full post and dedicate a thread to it. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Give me 48 hours to make a full post and dedicate a thread to it. 

Can't wait.
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
Time to get back to human sacrifices, abuse of women, children and the like. 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Stephen
Can't wait
Good, by the way it doesn't mean you have to become a Christian just because you find out a perceived contradiction is not a contradiction
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
People with wealth have everything they need materially.  They think this makes them happy.  And perhaps in some way, that's true.
Money cannot replace the lack of spirituality.
I guess it depends on how you understand spirituality.  

What is the standard definition of spirituality?  Oxford states it is: 

"the quality of being concerned with the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things.
  1. "the shift in priorities allows us to embrace our spirituality in a more profound way" 
The shamans, healers, sages, and wisdom keepers of all times, all continents, and all peoples, in their ageless wisdom, say that human spirituality is composed of three aspects: relationships, values, and life purpose.

Spirituality and religion are often used interchangeably, but the two concepts are different. Some authors contend that spirituality involves a personal quest for meaning in life, while religion involves an organized entity with rituals and practices focusing on a higher power or God.

Spirituality can be defined broadly as a sense of connection to something higher than ourselves. Many people search for meaning in their lives. The sense of transcendence experienced in spirituality is a universal experience. Some find it in monotheistic religion, while others find it in meditation.

Being a spiritual person is synonymous with being a person whose highest goal is to be loving to oneself and others. His/her conviction that we are all One, motivates him/her to work for everyone's welfare and stay away from any harmful activities.

What is your definition of spirituality? 

What is the biblical definition of spirituality?  And moreover, does the bible ever indicate that we should be trying to be spiritual or more spiritual? 

Personally. I think spirituality is inescapable.  Everyone is somewhat spiritual.   The bible is not interested in us being more spiritual.   That in my view is a con. 

In fact the bible - even the passage you have referred to makes it clear - that salvation is IMPOSSIBLE for people to achieve themselves.  It's not just a matter of connecting with higher than ourselves.  It's not a matter of transcending to a higher experience.  In the bible, salvation is related to the word, make whole.  Interestingly, the greek word for salvation is the same greek word for healing.   Your faith has "healed" you or your faith has "saved you".  Both sentences read EXACTLY the same in the Greek.  

The biblical idea of salvation is to be made whole.  It's interesting that the English word for "holy" is derived from the word "whole". Holiness or sanctification is a work of God in our lives. It is something we are commanded to be.  Not do.  God makes us holy or whole by reconciling us with himself.   It is not something we can work towards, or achieve by ourselves, by looking inwards, or outwards, or even upwards. We can't buy it, or inherit it or gain by philosophy. We can't earn it by fasting or praying or being celibate, or not talking, or walking up and down stairs, or giving all of our money away.  

Faith is involved. But not like the blind faith we see in some circles.  Biblical Faith always requires trust build on a good reason to do so.   Without such a good reason, it is not faith, it is mysticism. And mysticism is not biblical nor Christian.   

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Tradesecret
Spirituality is an internal electro chemical response to an external stimulus.

Incoming data signals cause the brain to react in varying ways, relative to our established databases.

We already possess data which was previously established as being either spiritual or non-spiritual.

Some people have religion stored under spiritual, and others have religion stored in the non-sense section.

So we react accordingly.

I too find that specific incoming data occasionally flicks a sort of internal spiritual switch.

Nothing to do with magical floaty about Middle Easterners though.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Tradesecret
For me, the spirituality is connection with God and prayer. More of those means more spirituality.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Best.Korea
 Tradesecret wrote:   @ Best. Korea.  The bible is not interested in us being more spiritual.#18

The bible doesn't shut up about us striving to become more spiritual and "to grown in spirit". 

You do know that you when you are talking with the Reverend Tradesecret that  talking with a complete bible dunce, don't you, Best. Korea ?

Romans 8:6
For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace.

Colossians 3:1-3
Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

Galatians 5:16-17
But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please.

Ephesians 5:18  And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:15-16
But he who is spiritual appraises all things, yet he himself is appraised by no one. For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he will instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Galatians 5:16
But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

Well, I see that you too had to biblically correct the #1 Bible Stupid fool Miss Tradesecret again regarding spirituality within the scriptures, and you are an Atheist!  When will her Bible Duncery®️ ever stop so this Religion Forum won't be embarrassed that she remains here?  

As usual, I have to Bible correct Miss Tradesecret as well in the following examples:

MISS TRADESECRET'S BIBLE STUPID QUOTE #1 REGARDING JESUS: "I think this passage you related to Jesus' time on earth is an excellent passage. Why, you ask?" 

The passage in question, and in part, was the following: “A“Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” “Why do you call me good?” Jesus asked. “Only God is truly good. But to answer your question you know the commandments:” (Mark 10:17-18)

In the passage above, Jesus forgot that He is God to begin with (2 Peter 1:1), therefore Jesus as God, is therefore the only one “good” as Jesus stated in the passage above!  Whereas Miss Tradesecret says that this passage where Jesus fumbles around in not knowing in fact that He is God and that He is the only one that is good, in the passage in question, is an excellent passage? Huh?  We can only assume that Jesus was having a godly "Senior Moment" since the one God has lived for so long.

MISS TRADESECRET’S BIBLE STUPID QUOTE #2: “To gain eternal life with God, doesn't take great effort on our part. We don't have to be "good". Or prove that we are good.“

Jesus’ inspired words once again make Miss Tradesecret the complete BIBLE FOOL again in how to gain eternal life as shown below regarding her quote above and in chronological order:  

1.  You must be perfect:
You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.” (Matthew 5:48)

2.  To be perfect like Jesus, you must give your possessions away to the poor, including all money that you have, THEN, and only THEN, you can follow Jesus: 

JESUS SAID: Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.” (Matthew 19:21)

3.  When you accomplish the above Godly notions, THEN you will be given Jesus’ 1400 square mile Heaven upon your earthly demise:

JESUS SAID: It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.” (Mark 10:25)

MISS TRADESECRET SLAPPING JESUS IN THE FACE AGAIN QUOTE: “ After all, if heaven is God's home, it makes sense to be on personal terms with him.”

“IF” our Christian heaven  is God’s home?  WHAT? Miss Tradesecret is not sure "IF" heaven is Jesus’ home? Therefore, where else would Jesus as God be for Christs sake?!  H-E-L-L-O!  

After showing AGAIN in this post that Miss Tradesecret continues to be blatantly Bible Stupid, can you imagine her congregation that may not know this FACT because they have drank the “Kool Aide” of her Bible ignorance for so long, they are totally unaware in how truly biblically lame brained she is!  So sad.

Satan is smiling when she passes around the offering plate to collect hard-earned money from her congregation.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas

Stephen,
Well, I see that you too had to biblically correct the #1 Bible Stupid fool Miss Tradesecret again regarding spirituality within the scriptures, and you are an Atheist!

And s/he  often tells us that s/he  "has been taught to memorise the bible from a very early age and in many languages, and knows it backwards and forwards" too. Brother D. !!!

When will her Bible Duncery®️ ever stop so this Religion Forum won't be embarrassed that she remains here?  

It won't. 
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
For me, the spirituality is connection with God and prayer. More of those means more spirituality.

and that is why at the moment you remain more Hindu rather than Christian.

In the Bible, talking about spiritual things is quite different to the spirituality observed in other religions and even in non-organised religions. 

It is about the Holy Spirit.  In the Christian worldview - it distinguishes those who pursue so called spiritual matters with those who are Spiritual. It is not a matter of pursuing such things so much as identity.  Two completely different matters.  

We are not in the business of making ourselves spiritual. that is God's job.  Hence, why the traditional Christian would put a wedge between itself and the so called Charismatic movement. the latter is more about mysticism. This was part of the reason why the West and the East divided originally.  

The West has always maintained that faith is based on reason.  Whereas the East has maintained that faith is separate from it.  Ironically as the West has become more multi-cultural, and embracing the East, it has moved towards a similar reasoning.  We see this not just in the church but across the board, including our philosophy, from modernism to post modernism. From reason to emotion or feeling.  

Christianity is obviously a broad church and there are many varied views within it, yet predominantly it has maintained faith is based on reason, and is not blind faith. It would lable - the Eastern religions, and even the dominant Western philosophies - based more in feeling and emotion - I identify as whatever I want and who cares about the objectivity of science.  

spiritual pursuits have become more or less the same in the west. Following the east - it is more about feelings and connections to the spirit world or the community about us. And less about identifying in the Holy Spirit. 

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@zedvictor4
Spirituality is an internal electro chemical response to an external stimulus.
You are probably correct when it comes to most things that pass for spirituality these days. Just not everything. 

Incoming data signals cause the brain to react in varying ways, relative to our established databases.
Again, there is some truth in that statement. 

We already possess data which was previously established as being either spiritual or non-spiritual.
If you are talking about the modern view that Spirituality is about the non-material then perhaps you are correct. 

Some people have religion stored under spiritual, and others have religion stored in the non-sense section.
True.

So we react accordingly.
Who does?

I too find that specific incoming data occasionally flicks a sort of internal spiritual switch.
Everyone is religious. It's an inescapable concept. 

Nothing to do with magical floaty about Middle Easterners though.
I totally agree. Spirituality has nothing to do with magic. that's why I am a Christian and not a different religion and also why I am not an atheist.  Other religions and atheists rely upon magic to stop themselves from going insane with the inconsistency of their worldviews. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Tradesecret
So we agree that spirituality is simply internal physiology and everything to do with internally created fantasy.

And therefore nothing to do with assumed external fantasies.

And religion as a concept is religion as a concept, this is a truism.

And adherence to an established modus operandi can be interpreted as religious behaviour.

Though I would interpret spiritual responses as special moments of brain activity, rather than as every day religious normality.

Interpretation is always the name of the game Trade.

And interestingly, just as you see everyone as religious.

I see a whole lot of undevout Christians who's atheistic conditioning often manifests in their comments. You included Trade.

Which if you consider how our databases become established is probably only to be expected.

There's doubt in most Christians.
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

Guess what? Yep, Miss Tradesecret doesn't know her bible from a wild grape again!  Her Bible Duncery®️ continues at this Religion Forums expense for her just being here to begin with!

MISS TRADESECRET'S BIBLE STUPID AND IGNORANT QUOTE:  "We are not in the business of making ourselves spiritual. that is God's job."

HUH?  Jesus' inspired words disagrees with Miss Tradesecret AGAIN as shown below, where Christians are to make ourselves spiritual!

1. "In order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit." (Romans 8:4)

2.  "God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.” (John 4;24)

3.   "If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit." (Galatians 5:25)

4.  "I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship." Romans 12:1)

5.  "The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God," (Romans 8:16)

MISS TRADESECRET'S QUOTE WHERE JESUS CREATED SCIENCE, BUT SHE DOESN'T ABOUT SCIENCE: " I identify as whatever I want and who cares about the objectivity of science."

See, "in doing what ever Miss Tradesecret wants," is the blatant reason in why she is so Bible Stupid and ignorant of same!  The irony is the FACT that she doesn't care about the objectivity of SCIENCE, but it is the same SCIENCE that would keep her alive if she becomes sick!  Stephen, can you spell "H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E" for what Miss Tradesecret represents in this manner?  LOL!

I am sure you have become aware as I have, that Miss Tradesecret is getting more Bible stupid as times goes on as shown, and we can only assume that because she is only 12 years old, where this is the reason of her Bible Duncery®️ all the time, which is so sad. :(

Miss Tradesecret is only 12 YEARS OLD at this time as shown in this biography of hers in the link below in being born on December 31, 2010 , of which goes directly against this Religion Forums COC rules, where you have to be at least 13 years old to be here, but she cares not in following the rules! https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEJZ1IV

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
Tradesecret wrote: For me, it is a very serious issue.  We don't baptise everyone who comes through the door. In fact, if someone rings me and says "Hey can we baptise our Bub"? I would say - that sounds excellent. Are you a member or regular attendee at church? I would point out to them that to get your child baptised is going to take a 6-week course. And you will need to come to church every week over that time.  After all, not only do you make promises but the congregation does too. It's only fair that if you want your child baptised in our church, you get to know us and find out whether you would trust us with your child. If you are satisfied that you want to be part of our family after six weeks, then we will baptise your child if we are convinced you are genuine. Otherwise, we will recommend a church down the street.
What an absolute clown!!!

Matthew 19:14 New International Version

14 Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

YOUR BIBLE QUOTE TOWARDS THE #1 BIBLE FOOL MISS TRADESECRET:  "Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” (Matthew 19:14)

In prayer with Jesus subsequent to you quoting Jesus' words shown above relative to Miss Tradesecret HOLDNG BACK a needed baptism for a Presbyterian child so they can go to heaven upon their demise, was perfect.  Jesus hinted to me that we'll make you a TRUE Christian one day, praise!

Miss Tradesecrets biblical missteps continue to pile up within this Religion Forum as shown, where she obviously doesn't have the godly intellect to understand that she should be embarrassed in front of the membership!  

Once again, Miss Tradesecret is guilty of the following Jesus as God inspired passage herewith: "Claiming to be wise, they became fools," (Romans 1:22)

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
 Jesus hinted to me that we'll make you a TRUE Christian one day, praise!

That will take a miracle.

besides, I will be dead and gone before he gets around to worrying about this lost sheep Brother D.