Debates: 25
Slainte
-->
@Greyparrot
It's nothing but a good thing.
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
I wonder if the funds affect the truth? And what would happen if they started saying things that government doesnt want them to say?
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
If they had any sense they would use it as a selling point, instead of crying like bitches. Here is how I would respond..

" That's right we aren't beholden to large corporations like some news organizations. We are publicly funded, which means we can tell you the truth even if wall street billionaires want to keep you in the dark"

Really stupid not to spin this as a good thing and instead by afraid of people knowing that you get funding from government 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
if a person has a choice between Walmart and the government, they will usually pick cheap stuff over no stuff.
b9_ntt
Debates: 2
b9_ntt
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
" That's right we aren't beholden to large corporations like some news organizations. We are publicly funded, which means we can tell you the truth even if wall street billionaires want to keep you in the dark"
I agree with your alternative spin. I would like to see that. However,
Really stupid not to spin this as a good thing and instead by afraid of people knowing that you get funding from government 

Maybe this occurred because so many people are expending their energies to convince others that government is all bad. Maybe it is having the effect that they want.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@b9_ntt
Or it could be that government is much more occupied with demonizing threats to it over convincing people to their cause.
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@Greyparrot
Yeah, they really have no one to blame but themselves.
b9_ntt
Debates: 2
b9_ntt
-->
@Greyparrot
their cause
It doesn't have a cause except to govern according to the Constitution and the laws.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@b9_ntt
Even if that was the case, the daily WH briefings don't present a compelling case for it.

You know the government is fucking up bad when the journalists that voted for you are getting pissed.