Tucker Carlson IS OUT AT FOX NEWS, Don Lemon FIRED At CNN, MAJOR BREAKING NEWS As Cable News DIES

Author: Greyparrot

Total: 49
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
Lemon was fired for making sexist comments about Nikki Haley (she’s past her prime) and to female colleagues at work. He apologized but in Democrat land you can’t be politically incorrect. For Republicans it’s a selling point. 

So a black, gay man lost his job for making awkward sexist remarks, even though he apologized.

Carlson was fired for lying so bad he created a legal liability for the company and cost them 787 million dollars and had zero credibility as an honest on air personality. Maybe he’ll go back to wearing a bow tie now.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
MSNBC is still a safe outlet for state propaganda despite a massive page of  discretions.

You will be safely censored from stories like these.
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
More rainbow
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Lemon was fired for making sexist comments about Nikki Haley (she’s past her prime) and to female colleagues at work. He apologized but in Democrat land you can’t be politically incorrect. For Republicans it’s a selling point. 

So a black, gay man lost his job for making awkward sexist remarks, even though he apologized.
Seems like they overreacted, maybe there is more to the story.

Carlson was fired for lying so bad he created a legal liability for the company and cost them 787 million dollars and had zero credibility as an honest on air personality. Maybe he’ll go back to wearing a bow tie now.
There's got to be more to that story, "zero credibility as an honest on air personality" gets you promoted at Fox news, maybe firing him was part of the $787 settlement.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
There's got to be more to that story,

I would suggest tuning into MSNBC for the official government sanctioned story.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Sidewalker
There's got to be more to that story, "zero credibility as an honest on air personality" gets you promoted at Fox news, maybe firing him was part of the $787 settlement.
No, it wasn’t but they may be trying to get out ahead of the  Greenberg lawsuit

Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
No, it wasn’t but they may be trying to get out ahead of the  Greenberg lawsuit
He can always make the TASS job full time.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
I would suggest tuning into MSNBC for the official government sanctioned story.
What a deep state, QAnon moron.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Sidewalker
Don Lemon has been piling up stuff for a long time. In 2008, when he got passed over for a job he wanted, he reportedly got a burner phone and started anonymously texting threatening messages, such as “you’ve crossed the line, and you’re going to pay for it”, to the woman who got the job.

He got demoted last year from having his own show, to being a co-host (1 of 3) on a morning show. This was a month or two after a controversy where he accused a female political commentator of having "mommy brain" when she lost her train of thought.

His morning show has been a disaster. reportedly, his co-hosts hate him because he is an egocentric, sexist, douche (that's my take on it). On the morning show some of his highlight shittiness was saying women's athletes get paid less because they are less interesting. He said this wasn't sexist because he "grew up in a house with women." Sources claim there were at least three incidents where there were serious fights with his co-hosts. In one he screamed at kaitlan collins before a producer had to step in and tell him to take a day to cool off. He said that women past their 30's, maybe 40's were past their prime (his co-host Poppy Harlow is 40). Apparently the irony of a 57 year old man telling women when they are past their prime was lost on him.

Apparently the final nail in the coffin was an interview he and his co-host recently did with Vivek Ramaswamy. He got into a really weird argument with him that took up the whole interview, basically not letting his co-host speak, and refusing what seemed like instructions to shut up from producers in his ear piece. At one point his co-host pulls out her phone and seems to be texting while Don is arguing.

CNN reportedly recently had reports his popularity on the morning show was sliding. Some guests had refused to appear on the show after being told he would be interviewing them. Combined with how unpopular he was with his colleagues, it's amazing they kept him this long. 
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@HistoryBuff
Don Lemon has been piling up stuff for a long time. In 2008, when he got passed over for a job he wanted, he reportedly got a burner phone and started anonymously texting threatening messages, such as “you’ve crossed the line, and you’re going to pay for it”, to the woman who got the job.

He got demoted last year from having his own show, to being a co-host (1 of 3) on a morning show. This was a month or two after a controversy where he accused a female political commentator of having "mommy brain" when she lost her train of thought.

His morning show has been a disaster. reportedly, his co-hosts hate him because he is an egocentric, sexist, douche (that's my take on it). On the morning show some of his highlight shittiness was saying women's athletes get paid less because they are less interesting. He said this wasn't sexist because he "grew up in a house with women." Sources claim there were at least three incidents where there were serious fights with his co-hosts. In one he screamed at kaitlan collins before a producer had to step in and tell him to take a day to cool off. He said that women past their 30's, maybe 40's were past their prime (his co-host Poppy Harlow is 40). Apparently the irony of a 57 year old man telling women when they are past their prime was lost on him.

Apparently the final nail in the coffin was an interview he and his co-host recently did with Vivek Ramaswamy. He got into a really weird argument with him that took up the whole interview, basically not letting his co-host speak, and refusing what seemed like instructions to shut up from producers in his ear piece. At one point his co-host pulls out her phone and seems to be texting while Don is arguing.

CNN reportedly recently had reports his popularity on the morning show was sliding. Some guests had refused to appear on the show after being told he would be interviewing them. Combined with how unpopular he was with his colleagues, it's amazing they kept him this long. 
Well, so there is a lot more to the story, sounds like he should have seen it coming.  
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Sidewalker
probably, but he is an egotistical douche who has gotten away with this behavior for decades. I mean he was texting threats to a co-worker from a burner phone and that didn't make CNN fire him. And he is much more famous now. So i'm sure he was shocked that there was consequences for his actions. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Sidewalker
He said that women past their 30's, maybe 40's were past their prime (his co-host Poppy Harlow is 40). Apparently the irony of a 57 year old man telling women when they are past their prime was lost on him.
Well you are leaving out the context. He was defending Joe Biden after Nikki Haley made a speech about requiring “mental competency” tests for politicians over 75.

Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@HistoryBuff
probably, but he is an egotistical douche who has gotten away with this behavior for decades. I mean he was texting threats to a co-worker from a burner phone and that didn't make CNN fire him. And he is much more famous now. So i'm sure he was shocked that there was consequences for his actions. 
You were certainly the one to ask, thanks.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
HB is awesome, I am happy he is here to return some sanity to this site.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
I understand the context. Do you believe the context makes things any better? Nikki haley said that politicians older than 75 should have their mental fatalities checked. Which might be a touch insensitive, but is at least in the realm of reasonable. For example, Dianne Feinstein was in her early to mid 80's when her mind started to go. She is now completely incapable of doing her job, and refuses to resign. 

Lemon's point is that a women is "past her prime" either when she is no longer able to have children, or is no longer physically desirable. So he was trying to dismiss her kind of valid point based on the fact that she can't have children. I'm no fan of Nikki Haley, but don lemon's point was sexist and stupid. If it had been a one off event it would just be a weird statement. But this is part of a trend of behavior with him. He is consistently sexist, among other character flaws. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
He was defending Joe Biden...
So he got fired for saying something nice about Biden on CNN? That's not what MSNBC reported. 
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
He said that women past their 30's, maybe 40's were past their prime (his co-host Poppy Harlow is 40). Apparently the irony of a 57 year old man telling women when they are past their prime was lost on him.
Well you are leaving out the context. He was defending Joe Biden after Nikki Haley made a speech about requiring “mental competency” tests for politicians over 75.
I knew that part, and he was trying to be ironic but it was clumsy as hell, but if that was all of it then they overreacted, especially in this age of shock jocks and outrage.  Hardly a day goes by we don't hear worse than that.

Part of the problem is he's gay, a straight guy would know better, we are too terrified of women to intentionally provoke them like that.  
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@HistoryBuff
Lemon's point is that a women is "past her prime" either when she is no longer able to have children, or is no longer physically desirable. 
Said no married man ever, scares me just reading it.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Greyparrot
HB is awesome, I am happy he is here to return some sanity to this site.
I'm already thinking he's another one I'd bet on if he gets on Jeapardy.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Sidewalker
Lemon's point is that a women is "past her prime" either when she is no longer able to have children, or is no longer physically desirable. 
Said no married man ever, scares me just reading it.
Lol, well Don Lemon is gay. So i guess he has nothing to fear on the home front. Just has to fear for his career. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
A big problem for CNN with Don Lemon is he acts independently. Corporate media doesn't look kindly at journalists they cannot control.

I can't easily find the clip I wanted to show you, but recently, Don was doing an interview and he said on air "stop talking in my ear because I need to say this"
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
A big problem for CNN with Don Lemon is he acts independently. Corporate media doesn't look kindly at journalists they cannot control.

I can't easily find the clip I wanted to show you, but recently, Don was doing an interview and he said on air "stop talking in my ear because I need to say this"
That's the interview with Vivek Ramaswamy I was referring to. It's not that he "acts independently" so much as he acts stupidly. He got into a ridiculous argument with the guest. He kept cutting him off and badgering him. He wouldn't let his co-host speak. They were clearly trying to get him back on topic but he wanted to argue like a child. Reportedly, that interview was the last nail in the coffin for him.

you know it's bad when your pissed off co-host is texting during an interview. 

Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Greyparrot
I'm reading that was the problem with Tucker Carlson too, apparently Rupert Murdoch and his son needed to remind him who worked for who.

Here's  an alternate clip.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@HistoryBuff
No I get it. But Lemon’s point was that society thinks women are past their prime very early in life. He said he didn’t agree with that thought but still the fact remains. And this physical appearance decline standard that society has put on woman effects their ability to get jobs and be successful, and not just in public office either. He may have been trying to tell Haley does she want to be throwing these stones at old people knowing how similar stones are thrown at women for their decline in looks as they age.

It was a awkward argument to say the least, to compare ageism to sexist ageism, but he did say he didn’t agree with it and he was trying to defend old people from attack, especially Biden.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
I found the interview thanks to HB

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
No I get it. But Lemon’s point was that society thinks women are past their prime very early in life. He said he didn’t agree with that thought but still the fact remains. And that physical appearance decline that society has put on woman effects their ability to get jobs and be successful, not just in public office either.
He may have been trying to tell Haley does she want to be throwing these stones at old people knowing how similar stones are thrown at women for their decline in looks as they age.

It was a awkward argument to say the least, to compare ageism to sexist ageism, but he did say he didn’t agree with it and he was trying to defend old people from attack, especially Biden.
Ok, but her point has at least a little bit of merit. I gave the example of Dianne Feinstein above. There are real world examples were people in their late 70's and early 80's begin to decline cognitively, even to the point of not knowing who they are talking to (something Feinstein started doing years ago). Should we test old politicians? I don't know, maybe. But the US president literally has the power to end the human race. If any job on the planet needs a competent person doing it, it is that one. 

So it's not like she was making a completely ridiculous point. So to try and dismiss it as "well society thinks women over 30 are bad, so saying politicians over 75 should be tested is bad" is just stupid. It is an attempt to dismiss her point without actually talking about her point. 

And, to be clear, he was using a sexist argument here. You don't get a pass because you say "i don't agree with this horrible thing I'm saying, but I'm going to say it anyway". Even more so when this isn't a one off event. He regularly says and does sexist bullshit (I listed some of it above). This is just the one that caught the most headlines. 
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Greyparrot
I found the interview thanks to HB

Vivek should have just reached across the table and bitchslapped him.

It''s almost like Lemon forgot who was interviewer and who was the candidate.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@HistoryBuff
So it's not like she was making a completely ridiculous point. So to try and dismiss it as "well society thinks women over 30 are bad, so saying politicians over 75 should be tested is bad" is just stupid. It is an attempt to dismiss her point without actually talking about her point. 
But is Haley making a serious point, a serious proposal or is it just red meat to bash Biden? How would this be implemented? Does the politician get to pick the doctor? Remember Trump’s doctor certified that he was the “healthiest President in history”.

And, to be clear, he was using a sexist argument here. You don't get a pass because you say "i don't agree with this horrible thing I'm saying, but I'm going to say it anyway".
It was a sexist argument but it wasn’t his opinion that women over 40 are past their prime, he was saying it is society that says women over 40 are past their prime. He was stating a perception, a common opinion that does exist in society, at least American society.

I remember when Katy Turr was working while late in her pregnancy. She was having trouble getting the words out of her mouth. She laughed and said she had “baby brain”. So people will say such things in response to not finding the words but women are more likely to  get offended if it comes from a man.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
But is Haley making a serious point, a serious proposal or is it just red meat to bash Biden? How would this be implemented? Does the politician get to pick the doctor? Remember Trump’s doctor certified that he was the “healthiest President in history”.
Maybe it was just red mead to bash Biden, maybe it was a real point. I couldn't really say. But it's not like she said all old people should be killed. Her point does have at least some merit. It's not just a ridiculous fantasy. There is a high ranking politician right this very minute who doesn't remember colleagues she has worked with for decades.  And she won't retire. People have known about this for years and continued to defend her. It is a very real issue. 

And even if it was just red meat to bash biden, that doesn't excuse using a sexist trope to go after her. If her idea is stupid, say why her is stupid. Don't say she has no merit because she can't have children. I have no issue with going after Nikki Haley, but if you have to sink to sexist attacks to do it, then you're a douche. 

It was a sexist argument but it wasn’t his opinion that women over 40 are past their prime, he was saying it is society that says women over 40 are past their prime. He was stating a perception, a common opinion that does exist in society, at least American society.
I don't think anyone looks at a politician and thinks "wow, 45? they are past their prime". Only a sexist asshole would think that. And bringing it up as if it is a valid point is stupid. It has nothing to do with what nikki haley was saying and it just makes you look like a dick. But since he does this sort of stuff all the time, it's not that he looks like a dick. It's that he is one. 

I remember when Katy Turr was working while late in her pregnancy. She was having trouble getting the words out of her mouth. She laughed and said she had “baby brain”. So people will say such things in response to not finding the words but women are more likely to  get offended if it comes from a man.
lol, so a pregnant woman made a joke about herself? that's your defense. That's like me saying "Well I heard him say he was overweight, so I called him a fat fuck, what's wrong with that?". And again, as a one off event it wouldn't have been super important. It was rude and disrepectful, but could be swept under the rug as a one off event. He wasn't punished for doing that. But it is one more in a long chain of sexist bullshit he has pulled.