The Bell Curve - book proving blacks in America suck at education

Author: TWS1405_2

Total: 60
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2

Not all blacks, obviously. 

I know you’ve all heard of  the book though; and never actually read it. 

I own it, and the book of collected essays in its aftermath. 

But the science remains consistent before AND after it. Blacks such at education. Hispanics second. Asians dominate. Whites above minorities. 

Even t black commentator Jesse Lee Peterson knows and acknowledges the importance of white folks. 
Savant
Debates: 22
Savant
-->
@TWS1405_2
Blacks such at education.
*suck
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Savant
Title is correct. Intent is correct. One typo. That’s the BS you focus on? STFU. Please. Just STFU and go away if you refuse to add anything remotely intelligent to this thread.

PS. Your ignorant retort just proved you’ve never read the book. 
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
I never read it, my impression was that it was comparing IQs not education.
Kaitlyn
Debates: 0
Kaitlyn
-->
@Savant
Blacks such at education.
*suck
What a petty response lol.
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@TWS1405_2
Blacks do suck at education. IQ correlates highly with educational outcomes.

IQ also is the best predictor of job performance. Blacks also have lower impulse control than any other race in the United States. These two things affect Black educational outcomes as well.

If you stopped the racial quotas for universities, there would be virtually zero Blacks at university. 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Kaitlyn
If you stopped the racial quotas for universities, there would be virtually zero Blacks at university. 
That’s very true. 

Have you heard of or read the book “The End of Racism” by Dinesh D’Souza?  Great books!! Incredibly well researched, as are all his books. And more to your point, he wrote “Illiberal Education.” Another well researched book of his. 

Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
I own it, and the book of collected essays in its aftermath. 
Of course he owns it, it's on his bookshelf right next to The Protocols of the Elders of Zion and The Turner Diaries.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
That's correct, TWS such at reading comprehension.
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@TWS1405_2
That’s very true. 

Have you heard of or read the book “The End of Racism” by Dinesh D’Souza?  Great books!! Incredibly well researched, as are all his books. And more to your point, he wrote “Illiberal Education.” Another well researched book of his. 
I haven't read either of those, but they sound like great books.

I typically get my arguments from the research papers books like those cite. I'm a science girl so I'm usually good enough to read the papers themselves unless they're heavy in esoteric jargon. 

Savant
Debates: 22
Savant
-->
@TWS1405_2
It's a joke. You know, because the topic is education?
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@TWS1405_2
Do you even know what the bell curve is? Do you know who invented it? Do you know the algebraic expression for this function?

No?
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Sidewalker
--> 
@PREZ-HILTON
That's correct, TWS such at reading comprehension.

Cannot discuss IQ without discussing education.
And I never heard of the turner diaries or the other one you must own.
The only fiction books I own are those by Dan Brown, the Da Vinci Code series. 
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@TWS1405_2
Sidewalker is just a troll. You shouldn't bother with him.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@TWS1405_2
Cannot discuss IQ without discussing education.
And I never heard of the turner diaries or the other one you must own.
The only fiction books I own are those by Dan Brown, the Da Vinci Code series. 

IQ is your ability to learn things and reason. 

Education is how long you went to school for. 

It's not related dude. 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
IQ is your ability to learn things and reason. 

Education is how long you went to school for. 

It's not related dude. 
Education is NOT “how long you went to school for”! That was an incredibly stupid retort. Even for you. 

What education IS, is the process of learning and acquiring knowledge, skills, values, beliefs, and habits through various forms of schooling, training, or experience. 

IQ is the ability to think, reason and solve problems. It is a complex mental ability that involves the ability to understand and process information, as well as the ability to learn and adapt to new situations. 

Studies continue to prove that education can improve intelligence and vice versa — intelligence can also be an important factor in achieving a satisfying education.

Studies alone continue to prove that IQ is a strong predictor of academic success and achievement. In a recent study published in the Frontiers of Psychology, individuals who had higher IQ scores were more successful compared to those with lower scores.

IQ and education ARE related. 

PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@TWS1405_2
Studies continue to prove that education can improve intelligence and vice versa
This is incorrect. Intelligence doesn't increase with education, even nootropics and neuroplasticity training have very minimal effects on IQ. 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Easy to claim, harder to disprove studies proving you wrong. 

“Education appears to be the most consistent, robust, and durable method yet to be identified for raising intelligence.”

PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@TWS1405_2
Literally did not have to read past the abstract

Students with greater propensity for intelligence go on to complete more education,

School does not increase intelligence, it's just harder for retards to become engineers so their IQs aren't tested before and after attending college. 

The reason quoted also makes the most sense when applying Occam's Razor
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@TWS1405_2
Another quote in it to support my view

On its face, the positive correlation between intelligence test scores and years of completed education (Strenze, 2007) might suggest that the experience of prolonged education has a beneficial effect on intelligence. However, the association could also result from a selection process, whereby more intelligent children progress further in education
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
This is just common sense, idiots struggle more in college and this it acts as a type of filter that removers idiots from their own population and this those individuals aren't tested.

A simple way to do this is to test IQ prior to and after college of the same individuals. No such study has been done. 

I can help though. My IQ prior to college was 165. I can test it today if you want to see if it went up, but my guess is that at 40 years old I have lost at least 10 but maybe 20 IQ points
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Nope. You’re quoting out of context. 
As the intelligence increases, so does the students interests in continued education. Hence more intelligent students progress further in their education. 

The inverse is also obvious. No matter how much education thrown at a less intelligent student, their interest wanes and they do not move forward with a lengthy educational process. 

Context matters. Cherry picking statements out of context = shooting yourself in the foot (factually inaccurate response). 

The conclusion I quoted from that study stands affirmed.

“Based on data from more than 600,000 participants, all told, psychologists Stuart Ritchieand Elliot Tucker-Drob have arrived at a rough estimate of how much an added year of education lifted participants’ IQ scores, on average: between 1 and 5 points.”

You’re wrong. Have a little integrity and just admit it. 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@TWS1405_2
I literally proved you wrong and now you are quoting a 1-5 point IQ difference which can be entirely accounted for by the fact people typically get better at tests if they practice them?

A 1 point difference in IQ is what you are arguing about here. With your original premise being that IQ is a measure of education and not intelligence?

Is there something in really stupid people's heads where they just can't admit when they made a mistake, even when they themselves basically admit to the mistake by quoting a 1 point IQ difference after 4 years of schooling?
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
No. You did NOT prove me wrong. 
Cherry picking statements out of context and creating a strawman out of them isn’t evidence of an argument. 

The conclusions of each study cited is conclusive. Education increases intelligence. Period. Fact. Period. 
Also, education and intelligence ARE related. 

You should practice what you preach with all that deep psychological projection going on there, Wylted. 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
LOL
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@TWS1405_2
Blacks still hold the scars of redneck culture.
sadolite
sadolite
Should I follow the science on this?
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Reece101

@<<<TWS1405_2>>>
Blacks still hold the scars of redneck culture.

Of their own choosing. 

Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@TWS1405_2
Liberals are pushovers. They only care about servility politics. They don’t care about the truth of rednecks. 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Reece101
Malcolm X said it best about white liberals, and it still  stands true to this very day.