Democrats want Trump to run.

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 69
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
CNN puts Trump on air, and gives him a republican audience. Why?
Firstly, they want to boost their viewership, which they were successful in. 
Secondly, I think that the democrats want Trump to run.

They will deny this claim, but think about it.
What is Joe Biden running on in 2024? His main running campain (which was shown in his campain ad) is simply that he is better than Trump.
The media, and Joe Biden cannot thrive without a so called "bad guy". Otherwise all they would have to show is their policy, which is not a good look for them.

In my opinion, the Democrats want Trump to run, so that Joe Biden has a chance against Trump, and a good one at that.
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Inflation during Trump: 1%

Inflation during Biden: 9%
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
Inflation during Trump: 1%
Unemployment during Trump: 16%

Unemployment during Biden: 3.4%

GDP growth during Trump: < 3%

GDP growth during Biden: > 7%

Hard to have inflation when your economy sucks. Dummy

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
@iwannaroosevelt

GDP growth during Biden: > 7%
GDP is a sum of prices. So the prices did rise, true.

Unemployment during Trump: 16%
Only when covid started did unemployment rise. Nothing to do with Trump. Certain jobs had to be closed to prevent covid spread.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
Trump should have done the Sweden protocol.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
In my opinion, the Democrats want Trump to run, so that Joe Biden has a chance against Trump, and a good one at that.
Not only is your opinion well founded, I don’t think it even qualifies as controversial.

The problem for Democrats is that in 2020, there was hope Biden would be a decent leader. Now, that possibility is beyond hope.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@cristo71
The problem for Democrats is that in 2020, there was hope Biden would be a decent leader. Now, that possibility is beyond hope.
Bullshit. He has had many achievements and legislative victories. We’ve added millions of jobs, GDP is growing, I personally got a $100,000 pay raise.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
 I personally got a $100,000 pay raise
Good for you. Now donate that money to charity.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@cristo71
@YouFound_Lxam
4 years of today’s fact free right wing propaganda would pose a problem for any democratic candidate, so we don’t entirely disagree there.

Personally, I have mixed feelings on it. On one hand I want Trump to win the nomination because I don’t believe he is electable in a general election. He already lost in 2020, he is even less favorable among the younger generations that grew of voting age since 2016, there’s that whole thing about him trying to subvert our democracy on January 6th, and also because I think the political landscape is different here. In 2016 he was just a shiny object to many, he could never be that again now that we’ve been there and done that, also everyone underestimated the gullibility and tolerance for absurdity of the electorate in 2016. We won’t be making that mistake again.

On the other hand, if he’s the nominee anything can happen. One October surprise and were truly fucked.

The other problem here is that the leading alternative is Ron Desantis. While I do not share the opinion of many on the left that Desantis would be worse than Trump because he’s more competent, I have grown more concerned about how dangerous he is overall to the point where I don’t think he’s that far off.

So at this point, if it were Desantis and Trump I would root for Trump because I believe Desantis would have a much greater chance of winning in the general. If Desantis was no longer the leading challenger I would root for any republican regardless of how likely I thought they were to win because no one else in the field comes close to Trump - the risk just wouldn’t be worth it.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Best.Korea
Only when covid started did unemployment rise. Nothing to do with Trump. Certain jobs had to be closed to prevent covid spread.
Sounds like you’re saying that just because it happened while Trump was president doesn’t mean Trump deserves the credit/blame, so instead we have to judge by looking at their actions and how they impacted the economy… correct?

If so tell me, what do you credit for the fact that the economy under Trump continued the same upward trajectory until COVID hit that it was already on when he got elected?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Double_R
True, but Trump did lower the taxes. That helps with prices. If he only lowered the spending too, prices would go even lower.

Sadly, Trump is not perfect.

It seems that most presidents are either increasing the debt either increasing the taxes. ☹

Can we get one that cuts spending? Trump promised to do that last time, but didnt.

Thats the problem with spending. Once you start, you cannot stop.
cristo71
cristo71
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
He has had many achievements and legislative victories. We’ve added millions of jobs, GDP is growing, I personally got a $100,000 pay raise.
Right, right… that amazing recovery from the artificially imposed COVID recession. Only Biden could have gotten us out of lockdown, I’m sure. I won’t bore you with too many details, but meanwhile, real wages are flat at best— except for guys like us, of course *wink*

And… excuse me a moment… ah… ah, Ah, *sneeze* AFGHANISTAN!

cristo71
cristo71
-->
@Double_R
Regarding DeSantis, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a political leader get such entirely negative press yet win re-election by 19%.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@cristo71
that amazing recovery from the artificially imposed COVID recession.
How many Americans died from Covid?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@cristo71
And… excuse me a moment… ah… ah, Ah, *sneeze* AFGHANISTAN!
How does that compare to Beirut, Lebanon? How many Marines were killed there during whose Administration?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@cristo71
real wages are flat at best
Are you concerned about wages for Americans? How can that be? Trump cut taxes for corporations specifically because they would share all that profit with workers.

Are you saying it never happened? Was it a lie?

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@cristo71
Regarding DeSantis, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a political leader get such entirely negative press yet win re-election by 19%.
Does Fox News, OANN, News Max, and talk radio not qualify to you as press coverage?

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Even those outlets didn't want to talk about Afghanistan until the low poll numbers forced both the good cop and the bad cop media to say at least something about it.

Establishment corporate media will gatekeep DeSantis.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
real wages are flat at best
Cool cool, now do "adjust for inflation"
cristo71
cristo71
-->
@Double_R
I am talking about entirely negative coverage from mainstream outlets which don’t admit to catering to a certain audience— I could name 3+ of those for every Newsmax type outlet you just named. One would think they would occasionally report something other than negative about a successful politician.

I think you already know this.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@cristo71
I am talking about entirely negative coverage from mainstream outlets
Why do you good always act like the outlets which you have dubbed “main stream” are the only places people have to get their news from?
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Double_R
Oh, can I guess? Is it "because it makes me feel smarter than everyone else, because I'm in the know and everyone else is a libtard sheeple lapping up the establishment gruel from progressive blogs like The New York Times"?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Best.Korea
Only when covid started did unemployment rise. Nothing to do with Trump
Trump botched the federal response to Covid. 

Obama had several pandemics but handled then competently so they didn’t get out of control .

GDP is a sum of prices.
GDP is a measure of economic activity, Sales of goods and services. Inflation could be 100% but if there is no sale then there is no activity.

cristo71
cristo71
-->
@Double_R
I can’t account for your perceptions of what I write, but that is not what I am attempting to convey. I could refer you to a video on the subject, but we both know you don’t do those…

If anything, you are the one guilty of implying that:

4 years of today’s fact free right wing propaganda would pose a problem for any democratic candidate…

You are the one whose general implication is that objectivity, logic, and reason causes one to be left leaning, while misinformation, cherry picking, and personal bias leads one to be right leaning.

Yep… that’s objective alright…

cristo71
cristo71
-->
@ludofl3x
Picture yourself as you are now, and ask yourself:

“Would I rather be in a room surrounded by people smarter than I, or not as smart as I?”

What would be your answer?

cristo71
cristo71
-->
@Greyparrot
You know who else didn’t want to reflect on Afghanistan? The President. “That was 4, 5 days ago!”
cristo71
cristo71
-->
@Greyparrot
Wages are going up (this where Rosie will end the quote) but “real” wages already accounts for inflation, and they are largely flat.

This is further complicated by the fact that the methodology for calculating the CPI has changed to more accurately reflect what’s happening, but it is generally a more conservative rate of inflation than was calculated in the Carter/Reagan period.
Vegasgiants
Vegasgiants
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
A run against Trump is an easy win
Who doesn't want that?
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Double_R
The other problem here is that the leading alternative is Ron Desantis. While I do not share the opinion of many on the left that Desantis would be worse than Trump because he’s more competent, I have grown more concerned about how dangerous he is overall to the point where I don’t think he’s that far off.

So at this point, if it were Desantis and Trump I would root for Trump because I believe Desantis would have a much greater chance of winning in the general. If Desantis was no longer the leading challenger I would root for any republican regardless of how likely I thought they were to win because no one else in the field comes close to Trump - the risk just wouldn’t be worth it.
Though we have different political sides on the issue, I 100% agree with your observation. 
Desantis has a lot going for him. He is growing in popularity. He is doing a great job in Florida. He is implementing republican values, and he is not Trump.

Desantis is dangerous to the democratic party, and if republicans can get their act together, I think we have a good shot for Desantis as a candidate.