An apology

Author: Tejretics

Total: 274
SamStevens
Debates: 0
SamStevens
-->
@Castin
Fuck. I had to stop because I saw a big spider and now I can't find it. Now this whole fucking room is unsafe. 

ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@Castin
Did he have cute widdle eyes?
Castin
Castin
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
He had soulless demonic serial killer eyes from hell like all spiders. They eat souls. They are soul eaters. The original unedited version of Charlotte's Web ended with the shriveled up husk of Wilbur's body staring upward with empty eyes as Charlotte carefully sucks out his soul to feed to her demonic spawn. And she laughs cruelly and says "What did you think was going to happen, Wilbur?" Then a bunch of PTA moms got ahold of the script and decided it needed to be more kid friendly.
SamStevens
SamStevens
-->
@Castin
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@Castin

Castin
Castin
I turned this entire room upside down and was about to srsly lose it when I finally found that little shit clinging to the inside of the window shade. I had lifted the shade to check if he was on the window and didn't see him because ofc he wasn't on the window, he decided he had to be ninja.

Castin
Castin
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
Look I don't care how much your little spider believes in gay rights I am never warming up to spiders. There is a rift between us that cannot be bridged.

That goes for sea spiders too. They're fucking weird.

ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@Castin
wh-why is Castin so mean to me? =[

blamonkey
Debates: 24
blamonkey
-->
@Castin

He just wants a friend... 
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Castin
Big meanie.

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
This is maturity bar the owner and mods have set for the site. It should take off in no time. 
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Basically Catin is a fag hag dry humping mods when they need told it's ok and users when the mods want them to shut up. Thank goodness they found an atheist in the religion forum with no moral compass to back them up.

By trying to appeal to both sides, she is not a dry-humper. She is a peacemaker who tries to resolve conflicts.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Castin
It's more scared of you than you are scared of it.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Mharman

Yes she is cause she is picking a side she just lies about it. You are obviously one who like the humping. 
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Castin
Nopers. You have heard all the complaints that we aren't being laissez-faire enough right.
I've heard the complaints, but the problem remains the same, that there is someone in charge that has no experience moderating forums, hence the entire forum has to suffer while that person gets up to speed. Can we then assume the mods are going to be more laissez-faire, as you say? If that's the case, then no one here is going to have any idea what they can say and what they can't say and the mods are going to moderate, how exactly?

If you as a member of this forum decided that you're not going to report such things like what RM said, then you become part of the problem. That would also facilitate that you immediately step down from having any contributions to the mod team.

You have to remember that there will always be users like Outplayz, or possibly thett or Resurge, who won't think even something like what Rash said merits a report, and who would probably be kinda angry if a mod butted in and reported it. If I can avoid that, I'd prefer to.
So, now you're going on hurting the feelings of other users if you decide to report in infraction? Seriously? Yeah, you need to step away from the mod team immediately. If you can't handle any of that, you shouldn't be doing it at all. No offense.

That's not really throwing me under the bus, is it?
Oh yeah, big time. I'm rather surprised you didn't tear Bsh a new for that one.

I don't get to decide what to do with him (RM)
But according to Bsh, you did decide the fate of Wylted.

Hopefully it won't inflame accusations that I am now a fully fledged assimilated member of the mod clique cabal.
Sorry, doesn't work that way, you either are a member of the mod team or not, there's no in between. The eating of the cake, so to speak.

I do know that when he feels threatened and hostile he can enter define periods of "fuck you all I don't care, burn this place down".
Not sure if you noticed, but RM is in a constant state of being threatened and hostile. It's all in his imagination of course, but that's something the mod team and this forum are going to have to constantly deal with moving forward. It's a classic case of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

But, I think you'll probably need to make a choice as to whether you're going to be a mod or not and decide if all the grief you're going to get is worth it. If the mod team were experienced, they could guide you, but unfortunately, you'll just end up burdening yourself with those growing pains and will most likely leave the site as a result, and we wouldn't want to see someone like you leave this forum.
Castin
Castin
All walls of text and no play makes Cas a dull girl.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Castin
You've changed hey. 

But um, i like looking at the wording ( AN APOLOGY ) they look and sound perfect together.
AN APOLOGY. 
Every time i check the forum i see AN APOLOGY .
It catches my eye like BAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM .  

Say it with me nitsac 
Ready?
And go
An Apology. 

No stop , stop. 
And go written before An Apology just ruined, 
An Apology.
just.
AN APOLOGY. 

Can you do one more thing for me boss?
Please Dont be dull.

Castin
Castin
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Deb, thank you for always being the refreshing voice of clarity and reason in these contentious times. It's like you come in and flip the light switch on, and we are all suddenly bathed in the pure, singular light of rational lucidity -- the Truth is stripped naked before all.

Castin
Castin
-->
@Goldtop
That's what a recusal mod is by definition, Gold -- someone who is going to decide the fate of some members but not others. Someone who is not part of the normal mod squad. That would make me just a full time mod, with actual direct mod powers, by which I mean actual access to the mod CP and a crown by my name. You're basically asking me to be another Virt or something, which obviously can't happen.

bish saying "I wasn't the judge on that case, ask Castin" is no different than me saying "I'm not the judge in RM's case, ask bish". I didn't put it quite like that, but the sentiment was basically the same. And honestly, what kind of weak ass mod can't stand on their own to explain or defend their own judgment, anyway?

you'll just end up burdening yourself with those growing pains and will most likely leave the site as a result, and we wouldn't want to see someone like you leave this forum.
Ah you'll live.

I've heard the complaints, but the problem remains the same, that there is someone in charge that has no experience moderating forums, hence the entire forum has to suffer while that person gets up to speed.
Eh, I have moderation experience, if it matters. I don't think it really does, as I can't exactly produce credentials or anything, and bish, Virt, and Mike just based their decision on their experience with me over a period of months, not by demanding that I submit a resume.

I know where you're coming from, but even for greenhorns, experience has to begin somewhere, and most people on the internet don't have mod experience. Meaning it's likely that many good candidates won't either. They'll only appoint mods they have reason to be confident in, but when it comes to experience, you live and learn. That's how life works. I'd say a private recreational internet forum is actually a pretty ideal place to practice some management and people skills, because it's relatively harmless. This isn't a 747 we're flying as your pilots. It's enough that the mods have good intentions, care about the community, and try to course correct and do better.

Can we then assume the mods are going to be more laissez-faire, as you say? If that's the case, then no one here is going to have any idea what they can say and what they can't say and the mods are going to moderate, how exactly?
Avoid personal attacks, especially repeated ones, and you'll generally be fine. It's the most important rule in your day-to-day because it's always true and it's the one people seem to violate the most often. But yeah as far as I'm aware moderation has been generally broad, not exhaustively specific, about what "more laissez-faire" means. Fair point.

If you as a member of this forum decided that you're not going to report such things like what RM said, then you become part of the problem. That would also facilitate that you immediately step down from having any contributions to the mod team.

So, now you're going on hurting the feelings of other users if you decide to report in infraction? Seriously? Yeah, you need to step away from the mod team immediately. If you can't handle any of that, you shouldn't be doing it at all. No offense.
Sure, take this appeal to Mike, bish, or Virt, or better yet all three, and explain your complaint and these arguments. Srsly, if they ever thought I should step down I'd do it with zero fuss and zero hard feelings.

Btw, now that I've directed you to their doorstep, when you take your complaint to them could you give them a message from me. "Sent you a special present. For your enjoyment. Love and kisses, Cas."

But it's weird how when authority listens to your protests they're always just doing the correct thing, but when they listen to the other side's protests they're always just cwying over hurt feewings. (That was a general "your", by the way.)

Not sure if you noticed, but RM is in a constant state of being threatened and hostile. It's all in his imagination of course, but that's something the mod team and this forum are going to have to constantly deal with moving forward. It's a classic case of the Dunning-Kruger effect.
Gold, in my time here and on DDO, I have honestly heard as many complaints about you as I have Rash. And a lot of what you're saying here sounds similar to what I've heard. Why is he even allowed here? He is constantly abusive, why do they let him back? What kind of mods run that place? Sorry man, but if your behavior remains consistent with the worst in your past, there's a good chance it will be something moderation has to constantly deal with moving forward, too. I'm not saying you're Rash, but I am saying that like Rash I consider you a controversial member who I will welcome back and give basic respect to after you've done your fair time.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Mharman
It's more scared of you than you are scared of it.
Wait the spider or Poly

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Castin
Cunt.
Castin
Castin
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Castin
the spider
Castin
Castin
-->
@Mharman
K. Honestly wasn't sure if that post went with the one to her right above it. Thought you might be making a spider themed joke or something.

Anyway if they're more afraid of me why do they fucking crawl on me in my bed. The perverts.

And do spiders even feel fear. I haven't really read the entomological science on their nervous system or impulses. They can feel under threat certainly, they have a survival instinct and appear to experience pain, but I'm kind of fuzzy on whether they experience "emotions" like mammals do per se.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Castin
Avoid personal attacks, especially repeated ones, and you'll generally be fine.
That's not true and I'll tell you why.

Gold, in my time here and on DDO, I have honestly heard as many complaints about you as I have Rash. And a lot of what you're saying here sounds similar to what I've heard. Why is he even allowed here? He is constantly abusive, why do they let him back? What kind of mods run that place? Sorry man, but if your behavior remains consistent with the worst in your past, there's a good chance it will be something moderation has to constantly deal with moving forward, too. I'm not saying you're Rash, but I am saying that like Rash I consider you a controversial member who I will welcome back and give basic respect to after you've done your fair time.
How wonderful of you to throw that in my face. Thanks. It does help me explain your other response, notwithstanding.

I have heard all about those complaints as Bsh was kind enough to bring them to my attention. They were pretty much all made by crazy people. This place is full of crazy people, most of them came from ddo, which they all signed up because there was really no moderation there so they were allowed to be as crazy as they wanted. Of course, sane people started leaving in droves because the crazy people were posting really stupid things and quickly destroying the forums. Most other normal forums get rid of these kind of people as they tend to drive away the sane people.

Not here, though. Bsh has told me straight out that I'm not to tell crazy people they are crazy, or that they make up bullshit or call them out as habitual liars. In other words, we are to respect crazy people, we are to respect the crazy and stupid things they say and we are to respect their habitual lies. This is why there are so many of them here and why so few sane people are left.

Most of the sane people don't bother reporting the crazy people because they know they're crazy, which is why many of the crazy people here are constantly tossing insults and personal attacks, that's why your statement above isn't true.

What's really ironic is that there was a thread made a month or so ago in which the idea of an elite debaters club was tossed around, the reason being that there were so many terrible debates. Of course, the reason for that is because there's so many crazy people making worthless, crazy debates. But again, we are to respect them, but let's get an elite debate club going so we don't have to deal with them. Hilarious.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Goldtop
I'm sorry, man. Didn't mean to throw anything in your face. It's just hard to ignore when someone is pushing criticism this hard on someone else for doing something their own record is not exactly spotless of.

I'm not gonna argue that there's crazy here -- myself not excepted, heh. I don't know what bish said to you exactly, but telling you to not personally attack people is not the same as telling you to respect crazy people, imo. It's just telling you not to personally attack people. Attack their arguments, their opinions, their posts.

In my experience, people always talk about the other person's insults as blatant cause for ban, but see their own as merely "tellin' it like it is". That's just humans. We tend to judge others by their actions and ourselves by our intentions.

I may change my mind about my policy on reporting. It's just a sort of for-now thing in an effort to be more laissez-faire.

Goldtop
Goldtop
people always talk about the other person's insults as blatant cause for ban, but see their own as merely "tellin' it like it is"
But, that's not what Im talking about, its about those who get away with a constant barrage of insults and personal attacks while others get banned. It shows just how crappy a job the mod team is doing, if a report isn't in their inbox, they don't do anything, Normal forums, the mods read threads and if they see stuff in their they immediately do something about it on the thread itself so that everyone knows.

We're not here to send constant reports on the crazy people all the time, we're here to have discussions and debates, but the crazy people fuck that up constantly, Its real simple, get rid of the crazy people and the forum will flourish.

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
I am sick and tired of RMs abuse on this site. He abuses members and then accuses others of bullying him. I don't bully him at all, and he accused a 15year old being a bully. He has no comprehension skills, he is literally, DARTs Biggest Hypocrite...

Castin
Castin
-->
@Goldtop
Rash was banned for two days and then a week. I guess I just don't get how you can think he gets away with anything.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Castin
There are other crazy people here who get away with insults and personal attacks all the time, you yourself have posted on those threads so I assume you've read them.