Did homosexuals choose to be homosexuals? Did map choose to be map?

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 77
Owen_T
Debates: 8
Owen_T
Definitive proof homosexuality isn't a mistake:

Gay people don't originate from Australia. God sends all of his mistakes there.  Like kangaroos and Peacock spiders. 

More seriously though, saying homosexuality is wrong is saying God made a mistake. Make a choice Christians. Does God make mistakes or are Trans people okay? I think people need to stop seeing the bible so seriously. We need to understand that it was influence the biased men who wrote them. This is coming from a Christian.
All of this could have very well been said already, but I didn't read the whole conversation, so sorry if I took your arguments. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Owen_T
Overthink is the human condition Owen.

Either, for a reason, or by pure chance.

I tend to run with the former, but perhaps that's me just overthinking.
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Best.Korea
For your sake, change your brain.  Find a way to become sexually attracted to adults.

What about kids makes them more attractive to you than adults?  And yes; this is self imposed conversion therapy, but it's more compassionate than how society would treat you if you came out as a pedophile, so you aren't in a position to ask for much.

Your pedophille mind is inferior and you should change it so it's more like a sane and normal person.
Best.Korea
Debates: 299
Best.Korea
-->
@TheUnderdog
Your pedophille mind is inferior and you should change it so it's more like a sane and normal person.
Its not pedophile.

Its map (minor attracted person).

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Best.Korea
Its not pedophile.

Its map (minor attracted person).
The difference between these is connotation (similar to blacks vs n***ers).

"Pedophille" implies something wrong with being into kids and MAP doesn't have this implication.

I think pedophiles should work internally to treat their pedophilia and not tell anyone in their personal lives about their mental illness.  I've seen hot women in my life and I've had the urge to do sexual things to them, but I turn off my desire at will because of my morality.

I don't hate pedophiles, but they should internally hide and suppress their sexual desires and try and find adults sexually attractive because the alternative is society would murder them over it.  If there was some trait I had that 95% of society hated, then I would want to hide and supress that as much as possible.  Like once I found out 95% of society hated me stating my political views, I try and suppress it.  Now, Dad can literally bring up a story about Hunter Biden and I don't comment on it.  But I know DART is fine for that, so I say it here.

People should blend in and assimilate on an individual level as much as they can.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@TheUnderdog
Freedom of speech lets me debate and argue for map.

Now, if society doesnt believe in freedom of speech, thats more of a problem in them, not in me.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Best.Korea
Freedom of speech lets me debate and argue for map.
This is correct, and it's why (since I am a free speech absolutist), if you want to make points in the DMs, then I don't report, block, or anything like that.  But society doesn't believe in free speech absolutism.  If there was a bill that went through the house, senate, the POTUS, and the supreme court approved it that made advocating for pedophilia a death sentence, then I believe most people would approve of the bill.  You saw how quickly they cancelled Milo Yiannopoulos (even the pro free speech right didn't support him after he defended pedophilia).

DART is not a free speech absolutist site.  I think it should be, but it's not.

Now, if society doesnt believe in freedom of speech, thats more of a problem in them, not in me.
You may make that argument, but might makes right.

Lets say we get into an argument.  You say the sky is blue, society says the sky is green.  You continue to say it's blue.  Society insists that it is green.  At this point, society burns down your house, they slice your dick off, they burn your corpse alive.

Who was right on the color of the sky?  Because you are dead, and society won't get punished for murder.

You may say you were right.  Who gets the benefits of being right?  Society does, even though they are wrong about the sky.

Might makes right.  If society says that saying the sky is blue is hate speech that should be banned but they still support free speech, then they get the benefit of being right.

You can think you are better than society all you want (just like a vegan can think they are better than meat eating society).  You don't accomplish anything by siloing off society no matter how much you hate them.  With the people on your side, you can accomplish anything.  Without the people on your side, you can accomplish nothing.

If 90% of the population didn't believe in age of consent, then saying, "Pedos are bad" might be hate speech.  In our current society, saying, "Pedos are bad" is a boring statement because it is so common place.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@TheUnderdog
I guess society can murder me for my speech, but its not like I care that much about if I live or die. All humans die sooner or later.

Delaying death by living a life you dont want to live isnt exactly a benefit.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@TheUnderdog
DART is not a free speech absolutist site.
It has lots of free speech.

I see people arguing all kinds of views.

I got banned before for arguing for map, but maybe now something changed so I dont get banned anymore. I dont know.

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Best.Korea
but its not like I care that much about if I live or die.
Then why don’t you commit suicide and end your pain?  The reason is because deep down, you DO care about being alive.

I got banned before for arguing for map, but maybe now something changed so I dont get banned anymore. I dont know.

It was a temporary ban.  I’ve seen several accounts get banned before without the consent of the owner.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@TheUnderdog
Then why don’t you commit suicide and end your pain?
Because I dont want to?

The reason is because deep down, you DO care about being alive.
If I cared about being alive that much to make it my number one priority, then I would be vegan or vegetarian, and I wouldnt eat junk food. And of course, I wouldnt argue for map.

Its not "do everything to stay alive or commit suicide".

Thats just a false dichotomy.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Best.Korea
I know you don't believe that adding as many seconds to your life as possible must be done no matter what, but I know you care about being alive enough to not commit suicide.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@TheUnderdog
I know you care about being alive enough to not commit suicide
I guess I do.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Best.Korea
I guess I do.
This is correct, and liking your own comments (which I believe you do) I think is immoral.  I don't think you should like your own comments.  It's obvious you like your own comment when you typed it; otherwise, why would you type it?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
I would suggest that one doesn't necessarily have conscious control of oneself. 

Which is why suicide is not the general modus.

Which isn't to say that we cannot do stupid things. (Overthink)
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@TheUnderdog
If you have a point to make, make it. I am not really interested in whatever this is.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@zedvictor4
I would suggest that one doesn't necessarily have conscious control of oneself. 
Thats true.

In real life, unless I prepared and learned conversation in advance, I cant talk to anyone because my brain stops working when under any social pressure.