Total: 170
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
His assets plummeted in 2016, not 2020, so his stupidity started in 2016.
oh for sure his behavior attributed to the problem. His whole shtick is his name. He has 2 sources of his wealth. The money he inherited from daddy and the money he gets selling his name after getting famous from the apprentice. And by being such a raging asshole who is hated (or at least disliked) by the majority of americans and most of the world, he damaged the value of his name. And since building up his name's brand value is the only good business he's ever actually accomplished, yes that hurt him financially. Unfortunately for all of us, the only thing that matters to trump more than his money, is his own ego. So to satisfy his ego, he is willing to damage his own finances. Of course, the then abuses his power to try to regain some of that. 

but to pretend like the pandemic isn't also a major reason is just childish. The industries he is heavily invested in were some of the hardest hit. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
So why did you try to excuse Trump with your pandemic theory?

It's a documented fact that Trump lost a billion dollars before the pandemic. What are you trying to cover up?
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
So why did you try to excuse Trump with your pandemic theory?
you mean the well documented and obvious facts? He is heavily invested in industries that were hard hit by the pandemic. That has had a large affect on him. 

It's a documented fact that Trump lost a billion dollars before the pandemic. What are you trying to cover up?
i'm not covering up anything. That is only further evidence that he is an idiot. He knows that his name is his primary thing of value. but he his need to be seen as big, strong and powerful drove him to make most people hate him, thus damaging one of his primary methods of making money. And for what? His policies as president were almost identical to what any other republican would have done. He just did it while being an asshole and a criminal. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
That has had a large affect on him.
Google disagrees. He lost a billion dollars after 2016, not 2020. Pandemic didn't hit him nearly as hard as you claim. Yeah he lost 700 million in 2020, but he lost more than that before, especially after key people dropped business contracts and arrangements after the 2 impeachments.
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@ponikshiy
He’s never been that smart although in his youth he was definitely of above average intelligence. He does (or did) seem to have an animalistic “low cunning” type of intelligence where he was good at feeling out peoples weaknesses and catching people off guard. You can see this in the 2016 primary debates where he tore through his republican opponents who were caught completely off guard by his demeanor and attacks. He had a strong bullies instinct for how to hit people where it really hurt, and like a stereotypical bully wasn’t very good when he got hit back. He also got overconfident being able to bulldoze everyone throughout his life up until his presidency. He likely thought that the power of the presidency would make his ability to brute force whatever outcomes he wanted out of people stronger but the opposite was true. The people and forces who are at a level where they interact with the President are insanely powerful. Way more than he was able to handle. In the end he got taken for a ride most of the time. 

Now he’s more or less gone senile, he has his moments still but he’s fixated on litigating the 2020 election over and over again despite it being overwhelmingly obvious that voters don’t want to hear it. Even in 2016 he easily fell into obvious rhetorical traps in the general election debates and as President he damaged himself constantly 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@thett3
Well said.
swordburial17
Debates: 5
swordburial17
How to make forums and why am I not get the plus icon? Can someone clarify
ponikshiy
Debates: 9
ponikshiy
-->
@HistoryBuff
lol, trump is very good at this. He fires people up, convinces them to do bad things, then at the last minute throws in a "peacefully" or something. So people like you will defend him saying "he requested peace" after telling people for months to start a war. 
I do not have as much access to American media as you. Can you link me to speech where he tells crowd to riot.
ponikshiy
ponikshiy
-->
@thett3
He likely thought that the power of the presidency would make his ability to brute force whatever outcomes he wanted out of people stronger but the opposite was true. 
This is unfortunate because it was rare chance for populist faction to make significant changes had somebody more politically savvy been their bull. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@sadolite
My eyes weren't there. I didn't see anything. I don't know anything about J-6 other than what the media wants me to think.
Bullshit. It was on television. You probably think the moon landing was faked.

Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ponikshiy
I do not have as much access to American media as you. Can you link me to speech where he tells crowd to riot.
trump is an experienced criminal. Like a mob boss, he rarely directly orders people to commit crimes. That would leave him liable. Instead he just makes inflammatory comments and strongly implies he wants them to commit crimes. As an example I remember of the top of my head, when the documents case was closing in on him, trump reportedly told his lawyers over and over how great hilary clinton's lawyers were because they took the wrap for her (which isn't true). then he would say it over and over trying to prod them into agreeing to tell the FBI that it was their (the lawyers) fault that documents had not been returned. If he had ordered them to do it, that would be a crime, but suggesting it would be a good thing for them to do it, is totally fine (legally speaking). 

In regards to january 6th, Trump made repeated claims that the election was rigged (these were all proven to be lies in court). 

“We’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.”

“The ‘Justice’ Department and the FBI have done nothing about the 2020 Presidential Election Voter Fraud, the biggest SCAM in our nation’s history, despite overwhelming evidence. They should be ashamed. History will remember. Never give up. See everyone in D.C. on January 6th.”
  •  this was a lie. There was no evidence of voter fraud. All attempts to find evidence failed and all court cases were thrown out for lack of evidence. 
“If the liberal Democrats take the Senate and the White House — and they’re not taking this White House — we’re going to fight like hell, I’ll tell you right now,”

Trump's attorney said “Let’s have trial by combat,”

Basically, he lied to his followers telling them the election was stolen and that there was tons of evidence. There wasn't. He told them that mike pence had the power to overturn the results of the election (this too was a lie, he doesn't have that power). He told them to show up and march on the capitol where mike pence was in the process of confirming the election results. He told them they needed to fight, he told them they couldn't be weak or the country would be stolen. And when the violence started he said nothing, for hours. He only tweeted to be peaceful well after his supporters had stormed the capitol and attacked police. Reports are that he was watching it on TV and he was happy about it. 

So like a mob boss, he made it clear to the crowd that he wanted them to force mike pence to try to overturn the results of the election without directly ordering them to do so. Then he reportedly laughed about it while watching it on TV and refusing to tell them to stop. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Trump made repeated claims that the election was rigged 
Not a call to violence. Making up false shit is why Trump has any supporters at all left.

“We’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.”
Not a call to violence.

"Tomorrow, we need to go into the Capitol!” 
-Ray Epps

That would be an example of a call to violence.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Not a call to violence. Making up false shit is why Trump has any supporters at all left.
ok. I wrote a rather large paragraph explaining all the things trump did to whip up a frenzy amongst his followers, then enjoyed the carnage they caused. You replied to a single sentence and said "not a call to violence". If you had actually read what I wrote, you wouldn't have replied with something so silly. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Can you link me to speech where he tells crowd to riot.
The lady was asking you for a quote, and you fabricated a story.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
The lady was asking you for a quote, and you fabricated a story.
please point out to me which detail(s) of my "story" were incorrect. Did trump not tell his followers the election was rigged? Has every attempt to provide evidence of that failed? Were every lawsuit thrown out for lack of evidence? Did trump not claim pence had the power to overturn the election?

Come on man, if you are going to claim i am making stuff up, please be specific. So I can point out how wrong you are. I know, I know, you won't do that. You will just stay vague so I can't prove you wrong.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
First, Trump is not a mob boss. Moreover, Trump has of yet not been convicted in any court of any crime. This sounds like the same story Schiff fabricated which lead to his censure. You could almost say you plagiarized Schiff's famous story nearly word for word. Fabricating evidence is why Trump has any supporters left. This is totally unnecessary. Trump doesn't have to be a criminal or a mob boss to be defeated politically. Making shit up is what is actually whipping his followers into a frenzy. Just stop it.

When the lady asks you for words in a speech, don't make up your own words.
thett3
thett3
-->
@ponikshiy
This is unfortunate because it was rare chance for populist faction to make significant changes had somebody more politically savvy been their bull.
When I think about the miraculous opportunity Trump had that he completely squandered I want to Kms lol. But I’ve basically made peace with Democrat permadominance for the foreseeable future at this point. Hopefully we at least get a healthcare system that works 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@thett3
 Hopefully we at least get a healthcare system that works 
Fat chance. The era of Covid reaffirmed healthcare is only on the terms of big Pharma. The people have no say.
FLRW
FLRW
From Trump's Jan. 6 speech:

"All of us here today do not want to see our election victory stolen by emboldened radical-left Democrats, which is what they're doing. And stolen by the fake news media. That's what they've done and what they're doing. We will never give up, we will never concede. It doesn't happen. You don't concede when there's theft involved."
thett3
thett3
-->
@Greyparrot
I think libertarians are right that a mostly free market in health care/insurance would probably be the best outcome. But idk if universal healthcare could be worse than the status quo where half the people get universal healthcare and the other half are absolutely terrified of going to the doctor despite paying absurd premiums 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@thett3
Universal healthcare will never happen because it would have happened instead of Obamacare. Big Health lobbies would never allow it, so it will never be.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Schiff fabricated which lead to his censure. 
Bullshit.

What was the meeting in Trump Tower with Russians about?

Why was Paul Manafort sharing polling data with Russians?

How did Roger Stone know about the Clinton email leak, sourced by the Russians, in advance?

Why did so many people on Trump’s team lie under oath about their contact with Russians?

Trump said on television he believes getting election help from a foreign government is perfectly ok and asked the Russians on television to find Clinton’s deleted personal emails.

Trump doesn't have to be a criminal or a mob boss to be defeated politically. Making shit up is what is actually whipping his followers into a frenzy.
More bullshit. Lying is a prerequisite to be an acceptable Republican Presidential candidate to the base known as the MAGA morons.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
A story Schiff fabricated which lead to his censure. 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
A story Schiff fabricated which lead to his censure. 
More bullshit. Schiff is reading from a transcript of Trump’s conversation with Zelensky

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Schiff is reading from a transcript of Trump’s conversation with Zelensky
Lol
ponikshiy
ponikshiy
-->
@HistoryBuff
 this was a lie. There was no evidence of voter fraud. All attempts to find evidence failed and all court cases were thrown out for lack of evidence
How would you know if that is a lie or not? 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ponikshiy
What is humor is that Schiff talks like Roose. Is Roose a sock account of Schiff?
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ponikshiy
this was a lie. There was no evidence of voter fraud. All attempts to find evidence failed and all court cases were thrown out for lack of evidence
How would you know if that is a lie or not? 
because it has been years. There were dozens of lawsuits, countless investigations. No one has ever managed to present a single shred of evidence that actually held up. Every single case got tossed out because no evidence of actual voter fraud could be found. Were there isolated cases of fraud? Sure. I have seen a handful cases where people committed fraud to vote (mostly for trump). But absolutely no evidence of widespread or coordinated fraud has ever been presented. Thus, accusations that this happened are a lie. 
FLRW
FLRW

You all know that ponikshiy is PREZ-HILTON, don't you?