Who would you choose?

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 114
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
Hey everyone. I know I haven't' been on a lot recently, because I have been busy with life, but I am back, and I am going to be getting into similar arguments as I have before. 

So, let's get started: 
In the upcoming election, it is pretty clear that Joe Biden is going to win as the nominee for Democrats. 
For Republicans it could be Trump, or DeSantis, or someone else. 

My question is simple. Would you vote for Biden, or any other legitimate Republican candidate as President. 

Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
DeSantis.
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
My thoughts exactly. 
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Would you vote for Biden, or any other legitimate Republican candidate as President. 
That is a crazy question. The presence of "any other" implies that Biden is a legitimate republican candidate, which he is neither.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Primarily depends upon which team one supports.

And then, Trump or DeSantis would depend upon how gormless one looks in a red cap.

Silly to buy a red cap and then vote DeSantis.

Biden........Toooooo Old.

It really does seem that wherever one looks, there's no such thing as a good politician.

Well, there probably is.......But would people vote for them?
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
I'd vote democrat if the democrat was RFK or Tulsi Gabbard.

The only checkbox I care about is "Deep state puppet" is unchecked... which means probably DJT again.
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
I would vote for Biden.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
Liz Cheney or Mitt Romney
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
Your favorite corporatists?
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I would vote for a President that says:  "God dammit, how the fuck don't you know this?!," 
 "Don't fucking bullshit me!," 
Isn't that the type of President we want?

FLRW
FLRW

That is Biden incase you haven't read previous posts.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Biden also doled out almost a trillion in corporate subsidies, isn't corporate subsidies a right wing position?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Good point, Biden represents EVERYONE!
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Heil Biden.
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
DeSantis, Scott, Ramaswamy
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Biden also doled out almost a trillion in corporate subsidies, isn't corporate subsidies a right wing position?
What are the top three corporations getting subsidies? How much are they getting exactly?

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Greyparrot
isn't corporate subsidies a right wing position?
It's a deep state position.

Corruption & powerlust vs transparency and accountability is the politcal compass test of this era. Everything else is secondary because there is no point agreeing on policy when crooks run your country and will suppress any political movement that interrupts their protection racket.

Liberty is the solution though, their exploiting trust created by an imperfect respect of individual liberty.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@cristo71
Ramaswamy is amazing.
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@Greyparrot
I expect him to make a good showing on the debate stage.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
With the recession getting closer and closer, I dont think you would be eager to vote for Biden.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@IlDiavolo
I bet 200 dollars on Biden not making it past the primary.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@IlDiavolo
With the recession getting closer and closer, I dont think you would be eager to vote for Biden.
That’s crazy talk.

There are more Americans working now than before COVID hit.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Ramaswamy is amazing
Lol. You think Dee- Santis is amazing.

Ramaswamy appears to be a Wall Street con artist.

In September 2017, the company announced that intepirdine had failed in its large clinical trial.[21][24] The company's value plunged; it lost 75% in one day, and continued to decline afterward.[21] Shareholders who lost money included various institutional investors, as well as the California State Teachers' Retirement System pension fund.[21] Ramaswamy was insulated from much of Axovant's losses, because he held his personal stake through Roivant.[21][23] The company abandoned intepirdine. Ramaswamy said in 2018 had no regrets about the way the company had handled the drug;[23] in subsequent years, he said that he regretted the outcome, but was annoyed by criticism of the company.[21] Axovant attempted to reinvent itself as a gene therapy company,[25] but dissolved in 2023.[21]

He also is unethical 

In May 2023, Ramaswamy's campaign admitted that he had paid an editor to alter his Wikipedia biography before announcing his candidacy, but denied that it was politically motivated.[16]

And he’s either a dummy or he is grossly unethical 

“The thing I like about Vivek is that he only has good things to say about 'President Trump.'"[44] After Trump was indicted on federal criminal charges in 2023, Ramaswamy immediately rallied behind Trump.[44] He gave a press conference outside the Miami courthouse where Trump was arraigned,[42] and promised to pardon him if elected president.[42][45]
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Ramaswamy accepts that burning fossil fuels causes climate change, but has called for the U.S. to "drill, frackburn coal" and asserted that extracting and using more fossil fuels would grow the economy and help pay for climate change mitigation.[13] He has criticized what he calls the "climate cult" and said that as president, he would "abandon the anticarbon framework as it exists" and halt "any mandate to measure carbon dioxide".[61]

This guy is a moron
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@cristo71
Very cool customer on all the interviews I have seen him on. It's too bad he has the stigma of being the last person Don Lemon interviewed. 
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Would you vote for Biden, or any other legitimate Republican candidate as President.
There is no conceivable candidate running on the Republican ticket I would vote for, what it would take for me to consider it is someone who is sane and rational, isn’t afraid to call out the GOP on its absurdity for following Trump, isn’t afraid to call out the Republican Party for its ridiculous pandering to the MAGA crowd, and is focused on real issues affecting real people instead of the stupid culture war stuff far right wingers have spent the past few years obsessing over. So they would pretty much have to be an anti republican candidate running to reinvent the party.

With that said, if I had to vote for someone in the current field I’d vote for Christy. Not sure who would be second, maybe Scott or Haley as a distant second. Actually I think there are a few others running who have not been afraid to call out Trump but couldn’t ever recall their names.

Ramaswamy lost me the first time I ever heard him argue an issue when he talked about the so called politicization of the justice department and demonstrated that he’s really just a sophisticated ignoramus by arguing that the presidential records act gives Trump the authority to take whatever he wanted. He could have at the very least prefaced it with “I’m not a lawyer but…” but couldn’t even do that.

And then there’s of course Desantis and Trump who are in a league of their own. I still maintain that Trump is worse but Desantis isn’t as far behind as I once thought.
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
My question is simple. Would you vote for Biden, or any other legitimate Republican candidate as President. 
Neither. Democracy is fundamentally immoral.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
There are more Americans working now than before COVID hit.
Why don't you tell us the whole story? The employers reduced the number of work hours so not to fire employees. Besides, there are more americans working, yes, but in part-time jobs.

According to the experience, the increasing in part-time jobs is a signal of a coming recession.
RationalMadman
Debates: 568
RationalMadman
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Biden. I would hope he quits due to incompetence though and is replaced, whether with reelection or some form of 'usurp' idc which as long it's a reasonable Democrat rather than lunatic Republican (and both Trump and DeSantis are lunatic Republicans).

I'd really prefer Elizabeth Warren, I'd also prefer Kamala Harris. It's not just the woman factor, it's also about competence. Warren I happen to agree with morally the most out of all candidates.