Think Islam is a religion of peace? Think again.

Author: Grugore

Total: 293
Deb-8-a-bull
Debates: 0
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Mopac
I want to like swear at you right now mopac. 

I want to call you names and abuse you. 
Your last post is  antagonizing me 

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thats a point right there to you.  
Very well played. 

Good game.
Good game. 

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
Meanwhile, the orphans keep multiplying. It's like, hey, lets sculpt our entire worldview around how to better destroy society.
Statistics from Unicef show that overall, children are doing better than they were 30 years ago, however the highest rates of infant mortality and orphans is from mostly countries with high populations of religious people, both Christian and Muslim.

Why would religious people wish to sculpt their worldviews to better destroy society, Mopac?

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser

Ultimately, I think it is better to learn from the people who believe it than the people who don't. In the case of Orthodoxy, I would advise finding a priest. Maybe an older one with a good reputation.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
I would advise finding a priest. Maybe an older one with a good reputation.
That's like trying to find a Naturopath with a doctorate.

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Mopac
I would advise finding a priest. Maybe an older one with a good reputation.

Right now I only want to register some doubt on Grug's claim 'Read this and learn the truth' in the OP.

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
Right-o, keep to the subject.

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@secularmerlin
No ones job to help your self esteem 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
My self esteem was never under discussion but thank you for your concern.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Plisken
All sex outside of marriage is sinful.
Something else about this comment. Does this mean that two married homosexuals can have nonsinful sex? I'm pretty sure that's what your saying here right?

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
Ultimately, I think it is better to learn from the people who believe it than the people who don't.
Allow me to respectfully disagree. It is far better to learn from a knowledgeable person then a faithful one.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Plisken
That's plausible
I'm sorry but to perfectly frank I'm not sure what you are agreeing with.

Plisken
Plisken
-->
@secularmerlin
Does this mean that two married homosexuals can have nonsinful sex? 

That's plausible
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Plisken
Then why did you bring up marriage at all since you were responding to a comment that said nothing about extramarital sex?
Plisken
Plisken
-->
@secularmerlin
You don't talk about sex in an Abrahamic faith without marriage.  Marriage is the foundation on which sex is understood.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
The problem is that wein the west are woefully ignorant of Islam 
You speak for yourself. There are many people who were at one time ignorant of this barbaric ideology know as Islam. But not anymore. Since the deaths 3,000 civilians murdered by Muslims fighting the "cause" of Islam, people have gone and found out for themselves what this Islamic ideology is all about and it can all be weighed up with one single verse from this barbaric book the Quran:

Quran 8:39
 And fight them until there is no fitnah and[until] the religion, all of it, is for Allah. And if they cease - then indeed,Allah is Seeing of what they do.

See that? this is Jihad and it is perpetual war against the non believer until " religion, all of it, is for Allah".  It is about the Islamisation of the world and by the sword if necessary.  You can deny this fact if you choose but it won't change the goal of Islam 

.....Islamophobia.....islamophobia....

Congratulations! You managed to squeeze in this newly invented non word. There was ANOTHER Islamic attack in France just a day ago carried out by an adherent to the so called " religion of peace". Those people of Strasbourg now have a reason to  rationally fear Islam. Are those 20-30 000 muslim jihadis on the government watch list UK to be ignored and not feared?

Are the government spreading "hate and fear and islamophobia" when they tell us to " run, hide and tell"? 

How many times do people need it pointing out: a phobia is an IRRATIONAL fear or dread about something.

phobia/ˈfəʊbɪə/
noun
1.     an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something.

So if you do read thelinked pdf, remember it is written by a hostile witness who wants to inflame and spread anti-isamic feelings

I would suppose anyone who points out the horrors of this faith followed and practiced by millions, isto you an “islamophobe” racist bigot" intending to “spread hatred and division, and anti-islamic feelings ”.   I have heard it all before and it simply doesn’t wash anymore.

Islam as it is practiced by a billion non-terrorists in a wide variety of cultures across the world.  
This sounds like that old chestnut  “not all Muslims” argument.I have heard that one often too.  Are all those thousands of Pakistani "non terrorist" muslims screaming the head of the Christian woman Asia Bibi for alleged blasphemy,  good practicing Muslims? Away with your "not all muslims" rhetoric, they  the vast majority of muslims will fall on the right side when and if push comes to shove and I honestly hope you are the first in the  firing line just to see how wrong you have been and are with your continued apologetics..

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Stephen

I honestly hope you are the first in the  firing line
Really?  I  honestly hope to avoid having a firing line.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
Really?  I  honestly hope to avoid having a firing line.

Yes Keith, Really. 

Because I belive it to be the only way apologist for this indefensible barbaric ideology, like you, will never face up to and understand the fact that   you will have no place in this world if these muslim fanatics ever achieve what they set out to do, some 1400 years ago. I won't bother with the history lesson because you will simply ignore those historical facts or maybe even apologise for them..

So before you start accusing others of being :

woefully ignorant of Islam 

You should read up on it yourself. Can I suggest you start here : The  Biography of the Islamic Prophet Muhammad, by Muḥammad ibn Isḥāq ibn Yasār ibn Khiyār was an Arab Muslim historian and hagiographer.

And notice, it is the ISLAMIC  Prophet not the "ISLAM - IST" Prophet ,Muhammad.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@IlDiavolo
As if we didn't know it. Islam is a religion of war.
And oppression, domination and submission.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Plisken
  Islamis apparently opposed to nuclear proliferation, so it's got that going for it.

I believe next to Indonesia the next biggest Muslimpopulations are Pakistan and then India. They are both nuclear powers. Let’s hopethe fanatical adherents to Islam never get their hands on them. 

Who can forget this stamen made by Pakistani PresidentZulfiqar Ali Bhutto?:

"We will develop Nuclear stockpiles,even if we have to eatgrass." 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
32When the Israelites were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the sabbath day. 33 Those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses, Aaron, and to the whole congregation. 34 They put him in custody, because it was not clear what should be done to him. 35Then the Lord said to Moses, “The man shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him outside the camp.” 36The whole congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him to death, just as the Lord had commanded Moses.

I wouldn't blame anyone who concluded it must be a barbarous religion that kills someone merely for gathering firewood on the wrong day. 

This is simply another way of you apologising for Islam. 

Yes Keith and only yesterday they put a man against a wall in Israel and ordered that  "all the congregation" should each fire one bullet a piece into this a man for simply making his bed on the sabbath!!

You really are scraping the barrel and clutching at straws by trying to contextualise the ancient biblical text with this barbaric Islamic ideology, where to this very day they still stone people in accordance with their so called "religion".
 A very recent case in point is Asia Bibi, a Christian who was sentenced to death for blasphemy and then reprieved, but this hasn't stopped the THOUSANDS of muslims in Pakistan screaming for her head, has it? 

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac

Ultimately, I think it is better to learn from the people who believe it than the people who don't.
If you don't want the truth then listen to those who teach the lie, god exists, created by MAN.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@secularmerlin
There is no religion of peace any more than there is a political system of peace

Christianity does not teach violence. And you cannot show a single verse in the New Testament where it does?  Nowhere will you find a single verse in the NT where the Christ orders his followers to go out into the world and rape and murder IN HIS NAME as does the Quran.

I know there have been " Christian religious  wars" but not fought on the orders of Jesus the Christ.
And it is pointless trying to even mention the Hebrew/Israelite wars, they have absolutely nothing to do with Christianity and as I have already mentioned , they no longer stone adulterous women or burn homosexuals in Israel today.  No, they have actually moved with the times, whereas Islam is still suck in the past of 1400 years ago and it cannot be reformed.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
Now, even if you were to give it that credit, Islam is utterly incompatable with western society, which is decadent, pagan, and abominably offensive to the Islamic mindset. It is very hard to detach Islam from government.

Here here

I believe my religion is superior.
Oh dear. And you wonder why there are "religious" wars.   'my god is bigger than your god' 
Castin
Castin
-->
@keithprosser
If equivalently one-sided and bigoted commentary about jews, blacks or Canadians was posted there'd be a ruckus.  Islamophobia has become a socially acceptable form of xenophobia.  I can say 'muslims are murderous cretins' without risk of a ban, but if i said it about jews or black stat would be a different matter.   Of course I don't mean any criticis of jews or blacks by that... i am pointing out the normalisation of islamophobia.

The problem is that we in the west are woefully ignorant of Islam so the egregious bias of writers such as Richardson and his hero bill warner are not as obvious as it would be if they were misrepresenting more familiar stuff. 

So if you do read the linked pdf, remember it is written by a hostile witness who wants to inflame and spread anti-isamic feelngs, not give a sober overview of Islam as it is practiced by a billion non-terrorists in a wide variety of cultures across the world.   But if all you want is to have your semi-informed prejudice about Islam confirmed it's probably perfect.
What if the title was "Think Christianity is a religion of peace? Think again", and all the following posts had been targeted at Christianity.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Stephen
apologist for this indefensible barbaric ideology, like you
I have not apologised for or defended islam, nor would I.  I have pointed out that many commentators are extremely biased and i recommend people treat what they read accordingly. 

As to future developents... we shall see.  

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Castin
What if the title was "Think Christianity is a religion of peace? Think again", and all the following posts had been targeted at Christianity.
To do that properly you have to imagine the item linked to is a polemic against Christianity full of half-truths and cherry-picked quotations beret of their context intended to inflame anti-Chrisitian sentiment. 

If that was the case there'd be no need for me to say anything - loads of Christian DA members would have got in first!   But becase the target is Islam such material goes not merely unchallenged but endorsed, even by many people who are in general terms 'liberal'.

There's plenty not to like about Islam and of course there is a political problem that needs addressing.   But I don't think the best way forward is to spread anti-Islamic and anti-Muslim populist propaganda.  Scratch that - it's the worse possible way forward.

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
At least his god is around. Yours flew away in a starship. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Plisken
What does that have to do with kieth's post? He did not specify whether marriage was involved only homosexuality.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Stephen
Firstly psalms 137:9 Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks

Secondly it hardly matters what the new testament says since Jesus specifically states that he did not come to change a dot or letter of the (old testament) laws (Mathew 5:18) so all the violence commanded and condoned by Yahweh carries over.

Lastly it doesn't matter what a faith based system actually teaches. Even if the belief is all about sunshine and rainbows it still carries the potential to be used as a justification for doing harm to the "nonbeliever" and christianity, which has observably resulted in human atrocities, is no exception to the rule.

This does not mean however that I am singling christianity out. Even Hinduism and Buddhism (some forms of which advocate total non harm to all living creatures not just humans) have caused their fair share of wars and human misery.

And of course political systems (also faith based) cause endless wars.
Plisken
Plisken
-->
@secularmerlin
What did that have to do with Keith's post
  • Relevant/helpful for thread development
  • Keith can study with respect to Muhammad's take on marriage.