Proposing a Site Name Change

Author: Sidewalker

Total: 9
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
The sites focus has completely changed in response to the new CoC enforcement policy, perhaps DebateArt is no longer representative of what we do here, I recommend we change the name of the site to WhinyLittleBitches.com.

That way, newbies will know what to expect.
Best.Korea
Debates: 272
Best.Korea
As a president of this site and viceroy of Wylted, I agree that site's name should change, but not to that...

They already have sites where people whine all the time. For example, therapy sites - people whine a lot there to the point where its unbearable and impossible not to troll those people.

I suggest our site changes name to "Debater.com" or something similar with click bait title. "DebateArt" is simply not click bait. The only reason I found debateart is because Debate.org shut down and I looked for another debate site.
Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
I approve. 
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Best.Korea
As a president of this site and viceroy of Wylted, I agree that site's name should change, but not to that...

You are probably right, if we went with WhinyLittleBitches.com people would think it's the RNC web site.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Slainte
Debates: 25
Slainte
-->
@Sidewalker
I agree and am sad I agree.  I see so much potential in this format with the right group of people. 

I stay here because I learn by reading debates for judging, and by debating.  Others are here to stir shit, virtue signal, and gaslight.  
FishChaser
Debates: 64
FishChaser
There will never be an ideal debate site for the following reasons:

1: There is no way to balance regulation and freedom that doesn't either allow too many trolls or end up too restrictive.

2: There aren't enough high quality debaters and high quality trolls on the planet.
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
-->
@Slainte
I came here with every intention of legit debate/discussions…but shortly after arriving I was being personally attacked, so I responded in kind. The asshole trolls were already here. If you can’t beat them, join them. 

Now if people would MTFU where sensitive topics are concerned and just argue the merits of the topic instead of getting triggered all the damn time, this place/site could be markably different. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
-->
@FishChaser
1 is untrue, 2 is true.