It appears Senator Tommy Tuberville is a big fat liar. This should help him as a Republican

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 84
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
His father was drafted at 18 - he did not join the army as a 16 year old

His father was a tank driver at best - he was absolutely not a “tank commander” on D-Day

His father earned 5 bronze stars - he wasn’t awarded even 1 bronze star

His father Drove a tank into Paris when the city was liberated - false, his unit was 90 miles away that day.

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Basically he is the modern face of the GOP. I just hope his texts are part of the Jan 6th trials and that he too gets indicted. I am more concerned about his lies that could destroy our democracy. For example his lie to his constituents about the infrastructure bill, where he takes credit after voting against it, is not democracy ending. His lies in support of treason are. He is a right wing moron.
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
A big fat liar.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
MMM sweet Wapo spam. So delish.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
What are your thoughts about Biden's lies about his dead son? Does that make Biden the GOP treasure that he is?

Washington Post-ABC poll released this month found that just 32% of the public believes Biden has the mental sharpness required to serve as president. As if WAPO has any business questioning the president.

This could be bad news for the GOP if Biden is not allowed a 2nd term to promote GOP policies.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
What are your thoughts about Biden's lies about his dead son? Does that make Biden the GOP treasure that he is?
Der, I’m a libertarian. Everything I saw begins with what about… because I’m a brainless fool. I read the NY Post when I’m not watching Jimmy Dore because I’m a moron.

Just 20% of parents believe a substitute teacher is more qualified to teach than a trained monkey

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Der, I’m a libertarian. Everything I saw begins with what about… because I’m a brainless fool.
You shouldn't insult yourself to get vapid meaningless attention from internet strangers. It's unhealthy.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Tommy Tuberville is onomatopoeic.

Which is odd, because the guy is reasonably slim.

This is probably why you mistakenly referred to him as big and fat.

And we all like to think our Dad's were hero's.

My Dad was Superman.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2

jamgiller
Debates: 10
jamgiller
Conservatives are the kings of whataboutism.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@jamgiller
If the false dichotomy is going to be between Whataboutism and Hypocrisy, that's a no brainer.
jamgiller
jamgiller
-->
@Greyparrot
I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but conservatives also tend to be hypocrites. Raging against people they don't agree with for things people on the conservative side are also guilty on.

Tommy Tuberville is a liar, Biden is a liar, Trump is a liar. Most US politicians are liars. Conservatives only ever seem to care when it is not a GOP politician though, and if someone brings up something negative about a GOP politician, conservatives usually resort to whataboutism.

Why not accept that many elected officials on both sides of the US political system are trash?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Conservatives only ever seem to care when it is not a GOP politician though, and if someone brings up something negative about a GOP politician, conservatives usually resort to whataboutism.
I mean to say, this is really both parties. We have had 2 straight years of "what about Trump" when anyone dares question Biden on anything.
jamgiller
jamgiller
-->
@Greyparrot
Are you personally willing to criticize GOP politicians or at least not jump to whataboutism every time you see such a criticism?

I'm on the left, and I say that there are pathological liars in both major US parties.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@jamgiller
I'm not a member of either party, but it is interesting that you recognize both parties are trash, which I guess was the unintended effect of whataboutism.
jamgiller
jamgiller
-->
@Greyparrot
Lol at you trying to claim a benefit of whataboutism. I didn't need your whataboutism to see for myself that particular politicians on either side are trash.

In my experience, conservatives are incapable of recognizing faults in representatives of their own side.

TWS1405_2 is another example of a conservative jumping to whataboutism.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@jamgiller
Lol at you trying to claim a benefit of whataboutism.
Unintended usually means negative, not a positive good.

are incapable of recognizing faults in representatives of their own side.
Someone better get a memo out to all the GOP candidates that lost elections then, cause pretty sure their party told them to F off.

jamgiller
jamgiller
-->
@Greyparrot
So you think it's a negative that I recognize that there are politicians on both sides who are trash?

The fact of the matter is, rather than recognizing the lies of Tommy Tuberville, you and TWS1405_2 both jumped to "what about Biden?" And you dodged my question about whether you are willing to criticize GOP politicians by saying you're not a member of either party. It is clear that you are a conservative even if you aren't a GOP member. And in this case you are using whataboutism to deflect criticism about a GOP politician specifically, even though Joe Biden is also pretty conservative in his own right.

A lot of Democratic politicians are conservative, but they get attacked by people on the right anyway, unless they act to undermine the Democratic party, like Joe Manchin does.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
So you think it's a negative that I recognize that there are politicians on both sides who are trash?
For both parties, I would say that is a negative.

"what about Biden?"
No I didn't. I sarcastically said Biden should make a good conservative since he is so trash.
jamgiller
jamgiller
-->
@Greyparrot
You can try to rationalize all you want, but in a forum post about specific lies from Tommy Tuberville, the first thing you did was ask "What are your thoughts about Biden's lies about his dead son?" 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@jamgiller
Do you think Biden's lies would make him a good Republican?

Since all the Republicans do is lie?

I'm not a Democrat, but if I were, I wouldn't be supporting that bag of crap.

And really, this thread is all about Republicans, so I don't know why you would be talking about the other party.
jamgiller
jamgiller
-->
@Greyparrot
I could easily see Biden being a Republican at some point in history because he's pretty conservative. He doesn't really fit into the modern Republican party, in which most politicians are driven by fear of the Trump-obsessed base turning on them, and Biden has shown some opposition to Trump.
jamgiller
jamgiller
-->
@Greyparrot
Lol at 

And really, this thread is all about Republicans, so I don't know why you would be talking about the other party.
I called out you and TWS for your whataboutism, and demonstrated that I, unlike you, can recognize faults in politicians from both parties to contrast your whataboutism. Then you continued to ask me another question about Joe Biden. And now you attempt to weasel your way out of being called on your whataboutism by saying I'm "talking about the other party"?

I'm talking about you and TWS, to call out your bullshit.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@jamgiller
Biden has shown some opposition to Trump.
Not enough in my opinion. He kept a lot of policies in place especially the tax cuts, plus he hasn't delivered on any of the major promises meaning he lies as bad as any Republican. Especially the student loan scam which he kept promising.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@jamgiller
So, who is your favorite person to be president?

Bernie?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@jamgiller
The main problem in democracy is that each side tries to justify its evils by saying that other side is evil too.

Whataboutism is a standard in democracy.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
he hasn't delivered on any of the major promises meaning he lies as bad as any Republican
Every US president lied about something. Choosing between republicans and democrats is really choosing between two evils.

You have two options (who decided that you can only have two options?), but both options suck.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@jamgiller
I'm on the left, and I say that there are pathological liars in both major US parties.
Who is a pathological liar on the left? Trump was documented to have lied over 30,000 times in 4 years by The NY Times. 

Name a Democrat who lied just 100 times in 4 years.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@jamgiller
GP is a libertarian. Which means he doesn’t support anything or anyone, except maybe Rand Paul, and he prefers to just complain from the peanut gallery.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@jamgiller
Especially the student loan scam which he kept promising.
GP is upset that although he got a free ride to go to his correspondence school after he left the navy, other people should have to pay for their tuition.

Imagine being angry at a President for trying to provide student debt relief on tuition that should have been paid by the government in the first place like it was for earlier generations.