Total: 43
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Masturbation is necessary.

And so it seems is overthink.

Though I would suggest that overthink is often more harmful than masturbation.

Sexuality will remain a primitive necessity, until such times when we either evolve or are engineered to be asexual.

The latter is more likely.

Though it is reasonable to argue that engineered genetic modifications are indeed evolutionary.
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
-->
@oromagi
If you are anti-abortion
I am a bit undecided on the abortion issue, to be honest.

But I see your point with overpopulation. I dont plan to have kids, masturbation probably helped with that by making me less social.

Not that I think masturbation would actually solve overpopulation. It helps a little bit, not a lot.
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
-->
@zedvictor4
Masturbation is necessary.
I already managed to go about 2 months with no masturbation. I dont think its necessary. Person can live without it. I just, for some reason, choose not to.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Do you plan to say the most obtuse thing possible or is it spontaneous?
Well it's probably because I have a higher sex drive than most even though I am as old as Trump. OMG, should I buy a Slovenian sex worker?
Oh rats, I can't because I am poor (worth less than $300 million).
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@FLRW
Well it's probably because I have a higher sex drive than most even though I am as old as Trump.
It's got to be planned. Two utter non-sequiturs in a row.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
I already managed to go two months with no masturbation.
So, we can achieve most things with a little bit of will power.

But all that stale jizz can't be healthy.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Best.Korea
It is a fact that masturbation brings shame and dishonor
It's not, this is nothing more than an opinion which you choose to hold onto.

Shame is inherently subjective and based entirely on one's value system. I can't tell you what your values should be, but I can tell you that you are valuing an idea that is antithetical from your own biological programming, which is self harming. That's a choice.

First you say that masturbation is beyond my control, then you say that I would be able to control it
No, I said your biological programming is beyond your control, which is why it does not make any sense to feel shame based on giving into it.

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Best.Korea
I would say that thats false. I dont see that in my own example. Plus, many people online I met told me that they feel better when not masturbating for a long time.
Why dont you try a sex doll? Your problem might be the loneliness, I think one of this dolls could help you, I saw a child-like doll that can be very suitable for you. 😁
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@zedvictor4
And so it seems is overthink.
What do you mean by "overthink"? Like mental masturbation?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@IlDiavolo
Well.

Masturbation is what it is.

And then there's BK's spin on it.

Inferring a raft of socio-psychological side effects.

64 days later

Kazaan2397
Kazaan2397
I'd say the only reason there is to avoid masturbation that makes it worth considering, if it can be proven conclusively, would be that partaking in the act results in suboptimal cognition compared to if one were to abstain from it. Even if that were true, it would only be a tiny minority of the human population, even of those who attempt to abstain, who ever cross the threshold from being sexually repressed to genuinely relinquishing their sexual desire. It is not worth feeling shame for what only the exceptional can accomplish in such case.

Most likely, this shame of masturbation typically stems from one's failure to maintain any fulfilling sexual or even platonic relationships, in which case it comes to be seen as a coping mechanism to put up with ideas that one has about themselves as being sexually undesirable, unskilled, or deviant. While you might say it's good that it deters you from seeking sexual relationships, chances are, what you really think is that it's good that it spares you from making the gamble with your own heart that comes from any intimate involvement with another person, because you fear that it is too fragile to withstand any turbulence that it entails even when you still desire the benefits, and so you make do with simulating the experience of those benefits without getting the full package. Unless you can disprove this to yourself, you have very little chance of consistently abstaining from masturbation, if any part of you truly considers that to be your purpose.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Kazaan2397
Well written.

Though I would suggest that the species attitude to it's reproductive parts is quite ridiculous really.

But such is one aspect of an evolved data transfer system.

If one attributes intellectual development with some grater meaning and purpose, then I suppose that it is reasonable to conclude that all aspects of advanced thought perhaps serve a purpose.

Time will tell I suppose.
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@Best.Korea
Sounds to me like you’re stressturbating. I bet you worrying about it makes it worse. You have underlying issues you need to sort out.