Problem of evil does not disprove omnibenevolent God, not even close.

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 42
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
-->
@Best.Korea
Word salad 🥗 and denialism. 

God cannot be good if His creations are inherently evil. 
Bible says everything He made was good, and He even said so. 
Bible says human beings are made in His image. If God is good, so are human beings made in his image. 
But if you contest and say we are evil, then He is evil too. And the Bible has shown Him to be evil just as human beings can be evil too. 
Best.Korea
Debates: 272
Best.Korea
Tws

God cannot be good if His creations are inherently evil. 
Its not evil for God to create evil for the purpose of punishing evil.

Punishing evil is good. Your society punishes evil all the time. Now, there is just a bit of a problem that your society is evil too and now is upset that it has to be punished. You want to be evil and not be punished? You blame God for punishing evil? People believe in unicorns these days. They want to be evil, but they want for God not to punish them. Then why does your society punish evil people? Are you asking for double standards? If people are not guilty for being evil, it doesnt negate that evil should be punished. It is justified for society to make a child evil and then punish an evil child. Thats what your society often does.

Are you interested in voting on my Batman debate? You said you would follow it and I cant message you because you blocked me.
IlDiavolo
Debates: 0
IlDiavolo
-->
@Best.Korea
I can't believe that you're completely dismissing the magical word Christians made up exclusively to fix all this shit: freewill.

God is inmensely good at the end because all the evil is due to the freewill God gave us as a display of his merciful love. So, it's all the fault of the wicked human being. 

And remember, Christian God never loses!!!😁
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@IlDiavolo
I dont want to make this easy for me. Usually, choosing harder options makes me think of more arguments. I explore all directions.

Free will is an overused argument, I have to admit. At best, you could argue that human will exists independent of God, which is possible, but seems like an already explored path.
WillyB
Debates: 3
WillyB
-->
@Best.Korea
You clearly don’t have the capacity to understand my point which is fine I guess. And most Christian schools are horror stories, with lots of SA, harsh punishment swept under the rug. The school I went to literally hasn’t been able to take in students, due to the monks failure to safeguard kids.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@WillyB
And most Christian schools are horror stories
Well, thats true. Christians do tend to get a little carried away when teaching faith.
WillyB
Debates: 3
WillyB
-->
@Best.Korea
It’s not just teaching faith they got carried away with…
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@WillyB
Not all Christians are good. Its hard to be good and at the same time justify why people burning alive for all eternity is a good thing. It messes with your head.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TWS1405_2
Short and to the point  tall stories if you like.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
If trueintelligence involves the ability to view and understanding widely differentthings from multiple different perspectives, an aptitude for grasping a widerange of truths, relationships, and meanings, and the capacity for abstract andsymbolic thought, then it follows logically that the contention that one canreduce reality to only one of its modes, to know it in only one of its forms,is an unintelligent claim.  

Science doesnot contend that reality can be reduced to a single ontological level, on thecontrary, science asserts that reality is in fact, multileveled, it assertsthat the four dimensions of existence that we call reality, are contingent andrelative to a greater reality of more dimensions. Science quite explicitlypoints to a greater reality of which we cannot have certain knowledge, and ofwhich we can only speak in metaphorical ways.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Best.Korea
Free will is an overused argument

Yes, by theists. 
But you forget the bleedin' obvious, as usual.  
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
All people are evil
yes.

It is good that evil people are punished.
yes. 

Evil people must exist in order to be punished.
yes. 

Omnibenevolent God would create evil people so that they can be punished for their evil.
Possibly. 

So next time you see evil, remember that you deserved it. We all deserved it because we are evil.
I don't agree with this statement. But that is probably due to a difference in relation to definitions.  I think it's fair to say that people deserve to be punished for their wickedness.  I know that sometimes the Bible says that the punishment God brings is evil.  And so that's there in the book.  But there is a difference between punishment and evil. They can be the same thing. But not necessarily so.  If I get fined, for speeding, that's punishment and I suppose I might see it as an evil thing. But relatively so only. It doesn't compare with the evil of being raped or tortured. But if being fined is "evil", then it reduces the meaning of the word, doesn't it? 

Also, there are different kinds of "Evil" or consequences aren't there? There are consequences for a good reason, punishing rapists etc. And there are consequences that are evil. Raping someone.  But in one sense, punishing the rapist and raping the girl are both evils.  But one is an evil act. And the other is a consequence for the evil person. And which is actually a good. It will hopefully reduce the person from raping again.  

You may say: "God created me this way. His fault.".
Romans 9 argument.  God is the potter and we are the clay. It's also the Job response. Why are you doing this to me? Who are you oh man, stand up and take it like a man. 

God created you evil so that he may punish you. It is what a good God would do. How is he going to punish you for your evil if he doesnt create you evil?
Again it's possible. but the Bible actually says God created us good. Or at least the first two people. It doesn't say they were perfect. Just good. Very good in fact. They were without sin. But they had the capacity to sin. And they had the capacity to not sin. 

When given these two options:

1. Dont create evil and therefore, dont punish evil

2. Create evil and punish evil

We see that in option 1, evil doesnt get punished. Good by definition includes punishing evil. Therefore, creating evil to punish it is the way to go to be all good.
God will judge the world. The wicked will spend eternity in Hell. The ones who recognised their sinfulness and turned to Christ, however, will live. in the New heavens and new earth.