Do any of y'all recommend your IRL friends to DART?

Author: Intelligence_06

Total: 18
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Just asking, because I just did.
Best.Korea
Debates: 271
Best.Korea
I dont have friends in real life. Zero friends. How sad. I do recommend people on YouTube to come to Dart.
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
Don't want this account linked to me irl other than a REALLY close friend/spouse. That 'anonymity' is pretty impossible to maintain when you're 1 of 6 active members 😂😂

Dead site, toxic membership, nothing to show off at all. The fact Wylted was elected over me only helps sum up the shitshow this is. He didn't even have a campaign thread that year other than offering bribery and a joke endorsement he literally paid money for Vermin Supreme to shill out and give him.

This entire thing is beyond repair. I have come to be at peace with it, it's sad but right now I'm not down to make a replacement website. One day, maybe. This website is largely a problem to get popular because most people aren't into debating itself and over time I am ending up being one of those people.

It's tiring arguing with a lot of typing for a voter or 2 to decide it all and they can be the most shallow-minded people or just having a terrible time irl we don't know about and voting impulsively due to emotions and bias.

The entire 'model' of this website is alluring to tryhard debaters/arguers but the fact only 6 members genuinely are active at any general time, in terms of the debating arena especially with the forums hosting maybe 13 at any time, is kind of cringe. There's just nothing to show, it's a dead site on life support. I wish the 'attacks' on DDO had not happened despite hating the mod in charge and a fair few key members for one specific reason: People didn't realise it was dying anyway (and I want them to admit and realise it) and very few people other than racist trolls and such were dedicated to the actual debating side of the website. That's why people like Mikal and Danielle could farm there so brutally well for much less effort; most opponents were trolls and it was a popular trollfest.

The 'community' as in genuine debaters had moved to the forums because of how shitty the voting and debating was and that's just the absolute truth of it. Even Airmax caved in and did rap battle troll nonsense more than real debates. It gets stale to participate in a site like this properly, you get tired and friends really resent each other voting against each other which adds this 'quiet corruption' that can't be spoken about but of course sits there.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Intelligence_06
No way, it's a dark secret that would be embarrassing if anyone IRL knew about it.

I came back after being gone a long time, what I thought it would be, or what it used to be, I'd have recommended to friends, but holy crap, this site isn't anything like what it used to be. 

I came back during circumtances where I was bored out of my mind, but I got through that situation, and now, I'm self embarrassed that I have stuck around.

I came back out of intellectual curiosity (and boredom), found out this is no longer a place for that,  I think I stayed out of morbid curiosity, sort of like why people can't look away from a train wreck.
Vegasgiants
Debates: 4
Vegasgiants
People here don't even debate on the forum.  It's hit and run all the time.  
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Vegasgiants
I like hit and run.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
This place feels sad. Like you guys.

You happy?

Vegasgiants
Vegasgiants
-->
@Best.Korea
I know.  You're just lonely
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Vegasgiants
Doesnt change that I like hit and run. There is a charm to running around. Throwing poop at people who pass by.
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Intelligence_06
Don't want this account linked to me irl other than a REALLY close friend/spouse.
Needless to say, same here.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Intelligence_06
Not particularly,
I've mentioned to my 'one In Real Life friend, that I like this one debate site,
But they didn't show much interest, so I didn't recommend it.

I suppose I like my family,
But I also don't care to discuss a number of my opinions with them.

Only 'online people I maybe ought call friends, but don't, I met on DDO,
Might make some more online acquaintances on DART, I maybe ought call friends, but probably won't call such.
Though I like a number of people I've met on DART, just hasn't seemed to gotten to a point I ought call anyone I've met on DART friends, though even if I maybe ought, I probably won't.
Average_Person
Debates: 20
Average_Person
A friend introduced me to DART, yes.
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
Recommend DART to a friend? I don’t even recommend DART to myself!
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
[RationalMadman,] Dead site, toxic membership, nothing to show off at all.
Oh, the irony...

RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@TWS1405_2
that's double irony right there.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
I am what you and other intellectual cowards made me.
Things could have been different but for the toxic behavior that was already here before I arrived.  
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
I've recommended it to one of my cousins, who's incredibly smart, but a bit timid.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
Lmao no.