The 12 Traits of Epistemic Power - Cultivating Epistemic Empowerment - The Tools of Reality

Author: Critical-Tim

Total: 40
Critical-Tim
Debates: 3
Critical-Tim
Description:
The12 Traits of Epistemic Power are what I believe to be the most essentialqualities that enhance our understanding of reality. These traits act as acompass, guiding individuals towards understanding and away frommisinterpretations. By adopting these characteristics, viewers can effectivelynavigate challenges, make well-informed decisions, and lay the groundwork foran enlightened journey ahead.

This marks the beginning of the utmost fundamental and essential concepts to grasp about the world, paving the way to empower your ability to tackle any question with confidence. If you believe a similar topic should be a part of this series, please feel free to address it and If I believe it truly is then I will consider it in as great a depth as I can for another forum of the series. This is meant to be an interactive educational forum to express what I believe to be one of the most necessary keys to understanding.

We will cover the following questions to get started:
What are the most important traits and characteristics to cultivate epistemic empowerment?

Coming soon on "Cultivating Epistemic Empowerment - The Tools of Reality":
Brief Description: Meant to equip you with the mental tools necessary to comprehend a complex world.
How to Learn?
How to Think?
How to Debate?
How to Decide?
How to Simplify?

Looking forward to "Essential Foundations to Comprehensive Understanding - The Blueprint of Reality":
Brief Description: Meant to lay out the foundation concepts necessary to understand complex questions.
What is Reality?
What is Truth?
What is Understanding?
What is Morality?
What is God?

Final and unending series "Demystifying Philosophical Controversies - The Structure of Reality":
Brief Description: Meant to make sense of all commonly decided questions such as the morality of abortion and many others.
Isabortion ethical?
What is the ideal political structure?
How does religious text articulate reality?
What is the best way to live life?

Please help productively refine my understanding and others by using the following guidelines:
  • NUMBER 1: Please ask questions and only state a dispute with an example to improve my understanding, this forum is intended to educate with an interactive environment.
  • Be open-minded and curious. Do not dismiss or ignore answers that challenge your reality or beliefs. Try to embrace them as opportunities to learn and grow. Try to approach them with logical, critical, and professional minds, and seek to understand the evidence and reasoning behind them.
  • Be empathetic and respectful. Do not judge or ridicule other people’s perspectives or experiences. Try to comprehend their viewpoints and appreciate their contributions to the larger and more intricate reality. Try to see how different perspectives can form a more complex and complete picture of the world.
  • Be honest and responsible. Always prioritize speaking the truth and avoid making definitive claims when uncertain. Use qualifiers like "about," "I saw," "I think," or "I believe" to convey information accurately. Be clear about the source of your knowledge when sharing with others. This fosters a truthful and respectful environment for discussions.
  • Be relevant and on-topic. Do not deviate from the main topic of the forum. Do not post irrelevant or off-topic comments and links that aren't productive to the questions being discussed.
  • Be constructive and creative. Do not simply criticize or reject other people’s ideas. Try to offer positive feedback, suggestions, or alternatives.
  • Be clear and concise. Try to use clear and accurate language as much as possible. To have effective communication it is necessary to speak understandably.
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
Here are the main traits that will be thoroughly addressed:
  1. Curiosity: This encourages individuals to explore, gathering more experience and knowledge of the world, enabling them to interpret deeper and more encompassing theories of reality.
  2. Open-Mindedness: This encourages individuals to consider various interpretations, broadening their perspective and increasing the likelihood of a more accurate understanding of reality.
  3. Skepticism: This encourages individuals to question what they hold to be true, enabling them to discover logical inconsistencies with their ever-developing understanding of reality.
  4. Continuous Uncertainty: This encourages individuals to recognize complete certainty is unattainable, but rather it is the best representation of reality given their current knowledge.
  5. Critical Thinking: This encourages individuals to differentiate between facts and opinions, yet recognizing both as valid, fostering a deeper understanding of reality's complexity.
  6. Present Awareness: This encourages individuals to foster awareness of patterns and concepts within their surroundings, enhancing the ability to uncover underlying consistencies in reality.
  7. Future Awareness: This encourages individuals to acknowledge the future as an integral part of reality, which they will eventually become a part of, and that they contribute to its formation.
  8. Empathy: This encourages individuals to understand others’ emotions, even if they don’t share them, enabling them to understand others as a large part of reality and how they may react.
  9. Effective Communication: This encourages individuals to use their language precisely, effectively expressing and receiving thoughts and ideas to understand reality with less miscommunication.
  10. Self-Reflection: This encourages individuals to be introspective and examine themselves from an outsider perspective, enabling them to understand themselves clearly and as a part of reality.
  11. Self-Detachment: This encourages individuals to identify and assess their own biases or distortions, promoting self-awareness and objectivity, providing a clearer view of reality.
  12. Self-Criticism: This encourages individuals to critically evaluate their past actions for patterns to determine what exactly they could have seen and done to receive a more positive outcome.
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
To begin, I aim to delve into how each of these 12 traits contributes to epistemic empowerment and notice the underlying consistency or shared pattern that lends these traits their significant impact.

Curiosity is intricately linked to one's knowledge accumulation. The more knowledge an individual gathers about the world through exploration and experience, the more extensive their understanding becomes. When constructing a theory of the world, this expanded knowledge necessitates aligning it with a broader spectrum of reality. A person driven by curiosity acquires a wealth of knowledge, which in turn contributes to the creation of a more universally applicable theory of reality. In contrast, a child's understanding might be limited to their immediate surroundings, like their home. On the other hand, an inquisitive individual who ventures out to explore the intricacies and diverse environments of reality attains a far-reaching comprehension of the world. Consequently, their hypotheses regarding underlying connections yield a more comprehensive understanding, encompassing a wider scope of reality's intricacies. This is why I have chosen curiosity to be an essential trait to epistemic power.

Open-mindedness plays a crucial role in understanding the world. It enables individuals to entertain a wider range of potential theories and uncover underlying connections in reality that they might not have otherwise considered. This openness increases the likelihood of discovering a more comprehensive correlation of reality, as they explore diverse theories and possibilities. Contrarily, if someone remains close-minded and clings to their initial beliefs, the chance that their initial thought accurately describes the world diminishes. Without exploring alternative possibilities, they miss out on the opportunity to refine their theories. Each theory holds a degree of reality; some may pertain to a narrow aspect, while others become universal principles. Embracing diverse viewpoints allows us to potentially arrive at a more encompassing understanding of the world. This is why I have chosen open-mindedness to be an essential trait to epistemic power.

Skepticism is a fundamental element in comprehending the world. If someone becomes overly attached to a universal principle they've uncovered, they might overlook the possibility that there are unexplored aspects of reality that could challenge their theory's validity. Skepticism fosters a mindset of ongoing inquiry, prompting constant assessment of the certainty of one's knowledge. It invites contemplation whether theories are truly as straightforward as they seem or if they conceal a more intricate reality waiting to be uncovered. Distinct from open-mindedness, which embraces various possibilities and theories, skepticism is about scrutinizing the credibility of established beliefs and theories. It encourages questioning what's taken for granted, ensuring a more robust understanding of reality. This is why I have chosen skepticism to be an essential trait to epistemic power.

Continuous uncertainty stands as a cornerstone in understanding the world. When someone staunchly believes that their interpretation of reality has never faltered and is unequivocally certain, they overlook the potential that their theory holds true only within tested environments, not uncharted ones. Such an approach blinds them to the notion that the theory might not universally apply beyond their tested scenarios. By acknowledging complete certainty as an unattainable ideal within reality, we foster a perpetual pursuit of deeper understanding. This stance prevents us from stagnation and the fallacy of believing our thoughts are all-encompassing solutions to reality's intricacies. Unlike open-mindedness, which explores diverse viewpoints, and skepticism, which questions the apparent, continuous uncertainty doesn't hinge on pondering alternatives or questioning the evident. It's about never reaching a state of certainty where patterns or decisions are assumed to be universally true. Rather, it embraces the understanding that any representation of the world is our best effort based on current knowledge, without claiming ultimate accuracy or universality. This is why I have chosen continuous uncertainty to be an essential trait to epistemic power.

Critical thinking is a vital aspect of epistemic empowerment. Its significance lies in distinguishing between facts, which are universally supported by empirical evidence in understanding the world, and opinions, which reflect subjective perspectives on reality. I believe it's crucial to approach reality from all angles to obtain a holistic comprehension. Therefore, comprehending both the theory of objective reality and various subjective interpretations offers a comprehensive insight into the intricate complexity of reality. This is why I have chosen critical thinking to be an essential trait to epistemic power.

Present awareness is a crucial component of epistemic empowerment, as it enables individuals to recognize their immediate surroundings and identify patterns and consistencies within their environment. This heightened awareness contributes to a more probable outcome of a comprehensive and conceptual understanding of reality. This is why I have chosen present awareness to be an essential trait to epistemic power.

Future awareness is a vital element of epistemic empowerment, allowing individuals to perceive the future as an integral facet of reality that they actively shape. This perspective fosters an understanding of how present actions influence the future and provides a lens to interpret the present in light of the past. This comprehensive grasp of time enhances one's understanding of reality's temporal dynamics. This is why I have chosen future awareness to be an essential trait to epistemic power.

Empathy plays a pivotal role in epistemic empowerment, enabling individuals to comprehend the experiences of others, a significant component of the reality shaped by societies and civilizations. By delving into others' emotions and actions, a deeper insight into the shared reality emerges. This ability not only enhances our understanding of individuals but also aids in predicting and comprehending our environment, enriched by the interconnectedness of humanity. This is why I have chosen empathy to be an essential trait to epistemic power.

Effective communication is a cornerstone of epistemic empowerment, enabling individuals to express and receive thoughts and concepts coherently. This proficiency facilitates the acquisition of insights and ideas previously explored by others, expediting the understanding process. Moreover, it fosters the exchange of perspectives, promoting valuable interactions. A skillful communicator not only gains access to others' insights but also offers their own, fostering a reciprocal exchange that enriches collective understanding. This is why I have chosen effective communication to be an essential trait to epistemic power.

Self-reflection is a pivotal facet of epistemic empowerment, facilitating the exploration of one's internal dynamics in the context of external reality. This practice enhances the understanding of personal interactions with the world, aiding in effective navigation and self-awareness. Recognizing oneself as an integral part of the encompassing reality fosters a holistic comprehension, nurturing the ability to both understand and navigate the environment while also gaining insight into oneself. This is why I have chosen self-reflection to be an essential trait to epistemic power.

Self-detachment is a pivotal element of epistemic empowerment. It empowers individuals to perceive the world without the interference of personal emotions and biases, fostering fresh perspectives on reality. Broadening one's view by considering multiple lenses is vital for a comprehensive understanding. This entails seeing the world not only from one's own vantage point but also from others' viewpoints, even embracing the perspective of objectivity, which transcends emotions. This is why I have chosen self-detachment to be an essential trait to epistemic power.

Self-criticism is a crucial facet of epistemic empowerment. It empowers individuals to scrutinize their past actions and identify areas for improvement, enhancing future outcomes. This practice fosters awareness of patterns in past experiences, enriching their ability to navigate the present and anticipate the future. Such introspection offers a holistic grasp of temporal dynamics, granting insights from the past, leading to a more comprehensive understanding of reality's evolution. This is why I have chosen self-criticism to be an essential trait to epistemic power.

I aspire to grasp the interplay among these 12 traits, focusing on their conceptual, rather than strict, connections. How precisely do they intertwine, forming a cohesive image when seen together? Exploring this larger canvas could unveil a more comprehensive epistemological understanding and potentially fill the gaps in the holistic picture these 12 traits collectively create.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
Is Crtical-Tim a bot or what?
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
-->
@Sidewalker
No. I think he makes a very good point. These virtues are indeed necessary to properly understand everything.
Especially the attachment emotion being at core of ignorance.
I noticed that in my own case of reason. I get attachment to idea and cant let go. Even if idea cannot work, I still push it. I try to find ways to make it work.
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@Sidewalker
I am most certainly human as you would notice if you have used ChatGPT. It has the inability to make decisions on anything related to decisive perspective or philosophy, which is precisely why I have to create all my own arguments, but I will say I learn a lot from ChatGPT as I create my argument. Following that I have it rewrite my understanding to a more concise and accurate way, such as Grammarly would if I paid for it, but I don't, and ChatGPT is free. I really would appreciate people getting over it though, I'd like to have more productive and effective communication towards understanding the world rather than repeating what's already apparent.

Do you have any helpful thoughts that could express your understanding of the 12 traits to heightened understanding? Could you possibly explain how you have shared these traits in the past and gained a better understanding or possibly how you could have done better by using these traits expressing your thoughts on the utility of these traits and how you might explain them to someone else, or possibly you have a dispute that you think some of these traits are unnecessary to understand the world in which case please express how with an example? It might even be the case that you have a trait in mind that is not encompassed within the 12 traits I have listed in which I might not be fully comprehending the necessary traits to understanding, please explain how with an example if you do?

Ultimately, my goal is to follow the topic or forum title in a productive way so that other people can learn more about the world and feel they have used their time productively by reading this forum. Please contribute to this goal, I guarantee others would appreciate it. I myself dislike scrolling past many unnecessary comments to learn about the forum topic.
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@Best.Korea
I'm grateful for your appreciation, it encourages me to continue sharing my thoughts on the forum.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Critical-Tim
I would recommend to start with one point, preferably the most important point. I feel like right now, you are overwhelming readers with ideas and topics. It is difficult to work with that much in a one single read. These topics will get much more responses if they start with one point.
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@Best.Korea
The first point would be Curiosity is the foundation to all the other 12 traits except Continuous Uncertainty. This is because Curiosity is the process of seeking out knowledge and if you are continually seeking out knowledge then you will be continually looking for new perspectives to view the world along with the ability to understand others and yourself along with the future and the past. Certainty is the sense of quenching one's curiosity such as water for thirst. If one feels certain that they have discovered reality in an accurate way, they will no longer be curious and will cease to explore. Later I will explain why certainty is fallible and why we must be continually uncertain, but I will save that for last.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Critical-Tim
The question about curiosity
How to make people curious? How to make people explore different paths that dont interest them?
To me, it seems like people are only curious about that which confirms their world view.
They are not curious at all about that which goes contrary to their specific world view.
They often have defense mechanisms set to reject contrary without giving to it consideration at all.
It seems that such defense mechanisms play a role in defending their position when strongly challenged.
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@Best.Korea
Thank you for pointing that out. I have considered explaining the relation between the traits themselves, but I should work on expressing the relation between the chapters of the series, specifically, why did the twelve traits follow fear of ignorance, there is in fact a reason I have chosen them in this order.

The reason why the 12 traits of epistemic empowerment follow fear of ignorance is because fear of ignorance points out the importance of understanding the world and not remaining ignorant and the consequences of failing to understand the complexity of the world. Once a person begins to appreciate the consequences of failing to understand the world, they will recognize it is necessary for them to seek out the answers in order to fill in the gaps that they have. Ultimately, the fear of ignorance pushes people to understand the world and become unsatisfied with their bubble of ignorance. This desire to understand the world is associated with seeking understanding (curiosity being the seeking of understanding), which is directly associated with the 12 traits. Once a person fully grasps the consequences of ignorance and they are intentionally seeking out understanding of the world they will then appreciate the 12 traits and desire to embody them as they will be able to accomplish understanding much more effectively.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Critical-Tim
Certainty
Our brain seeks certainty, in a sense. We want to have something that lasts. However, if we are certain about something, it might make us much less curious. Exploring the opposite side might become uninteresting. If I am certain that God exists, I might not explore arguments pointing contrary.

I think debating both sides is better. It opens the mind to entire world.
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@Best.Korea
Yes, I agree. I include curiosity with the intention that it drives individuals to seek understanding, I also included open-mindedness as the ability to consider alternative viewpoints, and then finally continuous uncertainty, which is to never quench desire to seek a deeper understanding. I believe that these three are essential traits to understanding the world effectively.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Critical-Tim
I think the problem might be in society shaming the lack of knowledge.
People will defend their position with fallacies to avoid being put to shame.
Saying "i dont know" is looked down upon, but it might be crucial.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Critical-Tim
If person admits lack of knowledge, it opens the path to learning and better complex view.
If person rejects knowledge and curiosity to upold a view, that is obvious path to ignorance.
But people hold onto this latter because they are attached to a certain view too much.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Critical-Tim
Once a person fully grasps the consequences of ignorance and they are intentionally seeking out understanding of the world they will then appreciate the 12 traits and desire to embody them as they will be able to accomplish understanding much more effectively.
I think the best way is to ask: "What if I am wrong?".
That is the fundamental question. Some ignorance is not harmful, but some is. When being wrong results in bad consequences, we should make sure that we are not wrong.

Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@Best.Korea
I believe that if people were truly concerned about themself, they would recognize that the many mistakes they would make in a future based on a false pretext would be much worse than acknowledging one's immediate mistakes and correcting them so that way they do not have to continue living with them. Real world consequences exist with a person for the rest of their life, while emotional pain is short-lived and can be put in the past. This is why I view the emotional pain associated with mental realignment as a much lesser pain as paying the consequences for continually making mistakes based on misconceptions of the world and why is so much more important to understand reality correctly and to adjust one's views to do so.
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@Best.Korea
Once a person fully grasps the consequences of ignorance and they are intentionally seeking out understanding of the world they will then appreciate the 12 traits and desire to embody them as they will be able to accomplish understanding much more effectively.
I think the best way is to ask: "What if I am wrong?".
That is the fundamental question. Some ignorance is not harmful, but some is. When being wrong results in bad consequences, we should make sure that we are not wrong.
Yes, I believe that not all misconceptions have consequences, but I believe all decisions have consequences. This is why I believe that all misconceptions that are implemented in our decisions will have consequences, and they will more probably be negative given they are a misunderstanding you will probably not receive the result expected.
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@Best.Korea
I have reorganized the 12 traits to be more coherent with one another:
  1. Curiosity
  2. Present Awareness
  3. Future Awareness
  4. Self-Criticism
  5. Self-Reflection
  6. Empathy
  7. Effective Communication
  8. Open-Mindedness
  9. Skepticism
  10. Critical Thinking
  11. Self-Detachment
  12. Continuous Uncertainty
I believe this to better demonstrate their interconnectedness and show the bigger picture more effectively. I will first explain why the first connects to the second, then I will explain how each of the following are connected to its former and latter, while Curiosity lays the foundation for each of the ten traits that follows, excluding continuous uncertainty.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Critical-Tim
Can ChatGPT provide responses too?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Critical-Tim
When I started with debating, all I cared about was winning.
I wanted to win even if I was obviously being wrong.
Over time, I learned to not care about winning at all.
To me, it became more like role playing rather than debating.
I simply played the role which was good at given time.
It seems that I learned the most after I gave up. I didnt care about emotional wins and about defending my views.
I just cared to have a conversation, which made me learn.
I think its important that people give up on winning debates.
As long as person has attachment to winning, person is blind.
Blind to all the possibilities which other side has to offer.
People need to practice different, opposite views to gain the understanding.
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@Best.Korea
I admire your ability to be so insightful. This is one of the most important traits to learn, and it is often the most difficult for people. Being that we are a part of our reality, in order to fully understand reality, we must also understand ourselves. This is why Self-reflection is one of the essential traits to embody in order to achieve the highest level of understanding. Many people seek to understand reality through exploration, but they forget to look within themselves.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Critical-Tim
Write a book Tim.

Or have you already done that?
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@zedvictor4
I appreciate your kindness. I've been told this before, some have suggested I start a podcast, but I keep discovering new things about the world, and I couldn't bear the pressure of authoring a book and then discovering something new, LOL. Perhaps with enough encouragement I will eventually. I'm hoping you enjoy the forums to come just as much.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Critical-Tim
Is Crtical-Tim a bot or what?

I am most certainly human as you would notice if you have used ChatGPT. It has the inability to make decisions on anything related to decisive perspective or philosophy, which is precisely why I have to create all my own arguments, but I will say I learn a lot from ChatGPT as I create my argument. Following that I have it rewrite my understanding to a more concise and accurate way, such as Grammarly would if I paid for it, but I don't, and ChatGPT is free. I really would appreciate people getting over it though, I'd like to have more productive and effective communication towards understanding the world rather than repeating what's already apparent.
That's what I thought, ChatGPT is a bot, and it reads more like a bot than a human.
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@Sidewalker
I truly do wish that people would get used to me using ChatGPT to clearly express my thoughts. I am a genuine person truly seeking to better understand the world. Please acknowledge I am not intending to advertise this by any means, but I do wish you to recognize me as a person who genuinely thinks for himself. This constant connotation that I am masked by an AI is truly degrading, as I consider myself to be more intelligent than ChatGPT even though it is more knowledgeable. I recently started a YouTube channel of my personal journey of philosophy, it is meant to be a non-certified course of my personal thoughts to direct oneself towards fully understanding the world. I'm hoping this will settle the bot issue and contribute to this community's journey towards understanding.
The channel name is "JBP Fan Club," and I am Timothy Macfarlane. Hopefully now you will see me for who I am.

Please understand, my journey is to understand the world to the fullest extent that I can, and I believe that this is done by creating a community of individuals who can productively work together and share their experiences to grasp a better understanding of reality. This is why my only intention is to cultivate a productive and positive environment between the users, and I do not wish to have any negative conflicts between us, only constructive disputes. Please, let us put this in the past.

Sidewalker
Sidewalker
I truly do wish that people would get used to me using ChatGPT to clearly express my thoughts. I am a genuine person truly seeking to better understand the world. Please acknowledge I am not intending to advertise this by any means, but I do wish you to recognize me as a person who genuinely thinks for himself. This constant connotation that I am masked by an AI is truly degrading, as I consider myself to be more intelligent than ChatGPT even though it is more knowledgeable. I recently started a YouTube channel of my personal journey of philosophy, it is meant to be a non-certified course of my personal thoughts to direct oneself towards fully understanding the world. I'm hoping this will settle the bot issue and contribute to this community's journey towards understanding.
The channel name is "JBP Fan Club," and I am Timothy Macfarlane. Hopefully now you will see me for who I am.

Please understand, my journey is to understand the world to the fullest extent that I can, and I believe that this is done by creating a community of individuals who can productively work together and share their experiences to grasp a better understanding of reality. This is why my only intention is to cultivate a productive and positive environment between the users, and I do not wish to have any negative conflicts between us, only constructive disputes. Please, let us put this in the past.
Why does recognition that we are communicating with a bot bother you so much? 

It strikes me as disingenuous that you hide it and then become upset when it is recognized, is it your intent to be deceptive?  
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
Per request, I have decided to take smaller more manageable explanations. Now that I have reorganised the 12 traits, I would like to explain why they have been ordered in such a way. We understand that Curiosity is the foundation of the following 10 traits except for continuous uncertainty being the last trait as it is the spark behind curiosity.

Allow me to introduce the three following traits which are all characterized by their relation to time. Each of them is in correspondence with the present, future, and past respectively. I believe that present awareness follows curiosity because the first thing that people think of when they are curious is to explore their surroundings. They seek to recognize any patterns or consistencies that they may notice within the present, which I am referring to as the immediate or short past, perhaps within the day or moment. I believe the next thing that people would search for when seeking knowledge is to understand the future or past. I believe that the past, being self-criticism, better aligns with self-reflection which is why I chose future awareness to come first, setting up the connection between self-criticism and self-reflection. After one examines their present and future, they seek to understand their past by understanding how the future responds to their immediate actions. Once they have done this, they can now understand how to examine the past from which they were absent, such as before they were alive. I believe that all three of these traits are characterised by their relation to time and external reality being the physical world around them. Hopefully, this provides a deeper understanding of the 3's interconnectedness and relation to reality.
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
Here are the following two, categorized by their relation to humanity:
I believe the next aspect is separate from the timeline aspect of reality and instead related to humans and their relation to reality. This is why following self-criticism, examining the past of oneself critically, we must understand how we work internally and how it corresponds with reality. This process is self-reflection, and I believe this to be essential because we are a part of our reality, so to fully comprehend reality, we must also comprehend ourselves. Following self-reflection, such as understanding ourselves, we must understand others, since other individuals are a large part of reality; this is why empathy follows. Empathy is different than sympathy, empathy refers to the ability to understand others' emotions and actions, while sympathy refers to feeling emotional when seeing someone else being emotional. I believe that sympathy can be used positively, but I believe it is not helpful when understanding the world. Meanwhile, the ability to understand others' actions and emotions such as with empathy is helpful in understanding others. I believe that between self-reflection and empathy they encompass the understanding of humanity, as referring to the self and others being part of reality to understand.
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
Now we have a larger group including the following 5, which all share characteristics in relation to alternatives of close-minded perspectives:
After understanding the physical laws and patterns of reality, along with the people in it, we have fully understood the world from our eyes. This marks the end of our independent journey to understanding reality, but it highlights the beginning of a new chapter of understanding. We must now seek to understand the world beyond our own perspective in order to fully comprehend reality and all of its intricacies. This is why the following five traits have been included as essential aspects of understanding reality as they are all related to viewing the world through different angles.

Effective Communication:
The first is effective communication, which is related to the ability to communicate thoughts among individuals. It is important to always strive towards the standard of the language as a way to form a consistent agreement between individuals so we can understand one another, but understanding the person is more important than following the definition. This is because the definition is meant to support understanding, so if you already understand, the definition is not necessary. A person may not be willing to share their personal thoughts with you as they may feel vulnerable to correction. It is essential that people are willing to expose their ideas and thoughts to others, knowing the possibility of being corrected. Often others are only willing to risk this vulnerability if they are going to receive something productive from the conversation, such as something helpful for their future. This is why effective communication goes both ways. You must not just talk or listen, you must do both in order to create a more mutually beneficial environment, one that people are willing to engage in voluntarily.

Attributes of Effective Communication:
Following effective communication, it is necessary to be open minded, as there would be no point in communicating if you are close minded to the perspectives of others. I believe it is necessary to comprehend the world by viewing it from every angle that we have available to us, this includes the perspectives of others. This is why by understanding their emotions and actions through empathy and having effective communication to understand their thoughts, we must then be open-minded to see the world through their eyes and accompany this with our own perspective to create a more comprehensive view of reality. It is then necessary to be skeptical and not accept any idea that comes your way. I believe it's necessary to be skeptical of new thoughts and ideas and examine them critically in order to validate them before accepting them as likely true. Once a person is able to be open-minded while remaining skeptical, it is important to also implement one's ability of critical thinking, the ability to determine fact from opinion. I believe that opinions are an important aspect to understand reality, but I believe that they should be treated as opinions because they are such.

Self-Detachment (the inherent world theory):
After viewing the world from your eyes and the eyes of others I believe it is necessary to view the world as theoretically independent of perception, such as an objective lens, which is why this necessitates the following attribute of self-detachment, which is detaching one's views from personal emotions and the views of others and seeing the world for what it is independent of how we feel. This idea is merely theoretical, as it is impossible to ever experience a world that is separate from one's perspective, but I believe it is a necessary part of gaining a fully comprehensive view of reality.