Let’s face it, MAGA voters are stupid

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 234
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
“Any time you have a pack of dogs chasing you down and you’re willing to stand firm and fight, you’re going to get my vote,” said Mallory Butler, 39, who lives in Polk County, Fla., and supports Mr. Trump. “DeSantis doesn’t have a pack of dogs hunting him down, and that tells me that somebody’s probably backing him, or he’s in somebody’s pocket at this point. And Trump doesn’t have that.”

unless the pack of dogs are chasing a black man, then it’s just a common criminal getting what he deserves.

The Republican morons believe Trump is being prosecuted because he is a threat to the “Deep State”, not because he actually broke the law.

Never mind that the witnesses testifying against Trump are Republicans 
Never mind that everyone heard and saw Trump commit these crimes in plain site for everyone to see
Never mind that judges and prosecutors and officials appointed by Trump himself are part of this so called “Deep State” conspiracy to get Trump.
Best.Korea
Debates: 272
Best.Korea
Its called playing the victim. Nothing is ever Trump's fault.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Here’s a quote from another genius

“The indictments have no impact on my support for Trump,” said Sean Roh, 39, who described himself as a reluctant Trump supporter from Linwood, Wash. “In the past I’d followed them in the news, but now I don’t care to read the details.”
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
MMMm corpo media spam....
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
“In the past I’d followed them in the news, but now I don’t care to read the details.”
That's the only wise reaction to corporate media propaganda spam.

The opinions of billionaire owned news should always mean bupkis to a bumpkin.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
Nothing is ever Trump's fault.
When everything is Trump's fault, then nothing is also Trump's fault.

That is the curse of hyperbole.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain

That is an insult to stupid people. Stupid people are much smarter than Trump voters.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Yes, ignorance is a defining and laudable characteristic of conservatives. 

The real news comes from FOX News and Jimmy Dore and whatever you hear at the barbershop 

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain

MAGA voters are not as smart as bugs.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
FOX News is, by definition, corporate media propaganda spam.

Unless you are a fellow billionaire, it's just propaganda, not news.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
The real news comes from ....

Most of us can only sense that it's wrong. He's one of the guys who can properly explain why it is so.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Most of us can only sense that it's wrong. He's one of the guys who can properly explain why it is so.
So newspapers are wrong because they need to be first?

That simply isn’t true. Investigative journalist spend months and even years breaking stories.

Name 5 major stories reported by the Washington Post or NY Times in the last 10 years that turned out to be false.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Name 5 major stories reported by the Washington Post or NY Times in the last 10 years that turned out to be false.
Crickets. Everything you say is nonsense or a lie.

cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
I’m not going to sift through incorrect narratives proffered by NYT and WaPo in particular, but here are well over 5 media narratives which were found to be inaccurate:

1. Nick Sandmann as white supremacist
2. Rittenhouse as gun trafficking, murderous white supremacist
3. Policeman later died after fire extinguisher beating on January 6
4. Governor Cuomo is a great, great governor
5. Michael Avenatti could become president
6. Steele Dossier as legit intelligence
7. Law enforcement cleared protestors for Trump’s photo op
8. Laptop not a legit story (WaPo was actually on the correct side of this one)
9. ICE whipping migrants
10. Lab leak theory as “conspiracy theory”
11. “Don’t Say Gay” bill in Florida
12. Inflation as “transitory”
13. Columbus police shot an “unarmed” Ma’Khia Bryant
14. CRT is not taught in grade schools
15. Anti lockdown protestors neglect to wear masks; BLM protestors need not wear masks (not a lie but glaring double standard)
16. BLM protests are “mostly peaceful”

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@cristo71
Lol, I was just gonna ignore the bait. There's no logical way of convincing people who can "feel it in their bones" that Billionaire class corporate media cares about poor, working class Americans.
cristo71
cristo71
-->
@Greyparrot
True; it is human nature to have a low burden of proof for things one wants to believe, and a high burden of proof for things one doesn’t want to believe. I even read that contradictory information sometimes entrenches people more in their deeply held beliefs.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@cristo71
You two fail. You can’t show five stories that The NY Times or Washington Post wrote that was a lie.

Meanwhile FOX News paid out 787 million for lying about Dominion voting machines.

Anti lockdown protestors neglect to wear masks; BLM protestors need not wear masks (not a lie but glaring double standard)
One example of your nonsense  - BLM protesters were OUTSIDE where it is difficult for the virus to spread. Think of the difference between painting with high VOCs outside and in a poorly ventilated room. Kind of a big difference in how it effects the painter, right?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@cristo71

I even read that contradictory information sometimes entrenches people more in their deeply held beliefs.
Exactly. But even so, people are waking up to the fact that rich people care a lot more for the consolidation of power and the suppression of competition or public dissent.

The recurring propaganda campaign to convince people that Mega-corporations care about poor people is going the way of Bud Light, and jailing Trump won't change that.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
But people are waking up to the fact that rich people care a lot more for the consolidation of power and the suppression of competition or public dissent.
You sound like a Marxist. A Marxist who gets all his information from Jimmy Dore.

There's no logical way of convincing people who can "feel it in their bones" that Billionaire class corporate media cares about poor, working class Americans.
Which Party dramatically cut taxes for the billionaires and corporations in 2017?

cristo71
cristo71
-->
@Greyparrot
RoboCop was some decent satire. “I’d buy that for a dollar!”
FLRW
FLRW
Rex Tillerson’s alleged comment that President Trump was “a moron” brings to reality the words of HL Mencken in the Baltimore Sun (26 July 1920): “As democracy is perfected, the office [of president] represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move towards a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”
cristo71
cristo71
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
What?! My list doesn’t meet your standard of proof? It took me several minutes to compile that. Well, that’s my day gone…

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@cristo71
RoboCop was some decent satire. “I’d buy that for a dollar!”
Sad that most of the satire of the 90's became the blueprint for today's policies. Ever seen Demolition Man?

Well, that’s my day gone…

Haha!.... Wait!, you didn't want to spend all day impressing strangers on the internet? How bizarre!
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
cristo71
cristo71
-->
@Greyparrot
It’s been awhile. I remember the “shells” in the bathroom and “everything is Taco Bell.”
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@cristo71
Now, everything is Amazon :D
FLRW
FLRW

Why can't Trump keep an American born wife?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
That seems pretty segregationist and nativist. OMG is this a Repuglican?
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
“In the past I’d followed them in the news, but now I don’t care to read the details.”
This is exactly the point the OP was making. The strategy on the right is to attack “the media” so that any story which comes out can be dismissed without any thought being applied at all. It is a strategy geared towards stupid people, or to be more charitable, people who take comfort in their own ignorance.

The indictments themselves have absolutely nothing to do with corporate media. Anyone with an internet connection can right now pull them up and look at the allegations and evidence for themselves. Only a less than intelligent or not intellectually curious person would accept the notion that it is valid to dismiss the indictments on the basis of any previously held belief about corporate media.

Republican talking heads all know this, but they also know that their base will do exactly what you described. The lack of intellectual rigor here is not a secret, it’s the foundational premise of their entire political strategy.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Only a less than intelligent or not intellectually curious person would accept the notion that it is valid to dismiss the indictments on the basis of any previously held belief about corporate media.
You mean the Corporate media cartel talking endlessly about an insurrection that happened 3 years ago with no indictments for insurrection? I agree.

You would have to be an absolute genius to riddle that one out.