There are necessary clarifications about the Lancelot ban needed to be made by mods.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 16
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
The following are a series of bullet points that really are linked thoughts.
  • At present it would appear...
  • he gets away with his name being saved from you putting in the moderation log the real reason he was banned
  • because he 'asked for it'
  • also I need to know if under the rules him asking for it means he can make an alt
  • or if he's permanently banned

There are 2 fundamental issues, ignoring my own aggrievances here.

The issues are:
  1. All users that are permanently banned cannot legally make alts here and almost no member here other than Death23 with doxxing threats has deserved a permaban as much as Lancelot has.
  2. All banishments of users require the real reason(s) to be displayed, whether or not the users asked for it if that includes other reasons. On their profiles and to the userbase via the moderation log.
I am unclear on if on a technicality he's evaded justice and is allowed to make alts like all other users who self-request bans are permitted. What I am clear on is that we the people of DART and I personally ought to know if this absolutely sadistic and vile bully is banned for good or not. I have endured quite enough abuse, he has essentially told me that I'm worthless and to hate myself and off myself and gone through votebombing and other things to achieve that goal, goading me to feel insane or idiotic for thinking he was doing those things to me. I ought to at the very least have the justice of seeing his name have the genuine violations he committed on his profile and told to all.

There is no reason not to do so at all, it's not cleaner, better or more justified, it just makes members confused, frustrated and/or ill-informed regarding a major moderation decision here.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Barney
@whiteflame
@oromagi
Please reply officially here about it or PM me. Thanks in advance. I don't care if this thread is closed as a call-out thread, I want a public statement about the real reason he was banned and nothing at all left a mystery to anyone present or future here about what kind of member he was and what happens to such members. Deterrance is an important part of justice as is properly branding the rulebreaker as what they are.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I leave this song to sum up Sir Lancelot.

Peace out.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
Considering I never discussed any other basis for banning Lancelot this time, your claim that there was some unstated "real reason he was banned" is a little strange. You informed me of the personal attacks he had committed since returning from his previous ban, the reasons for which are documented in the moderation log. A warning was issued to him this time (as it was prior to acts that got him banned last time), and he responded by asking for his account to be banned. I complied. So, the reason he was banned was because he asked to be banned. I can add to his profile that the warning was issued and the reason why, but they will not be the reason for this ban.

As such, if he chooses to make an alt, that alt cannot be active at the same time as this account should he want it opened again, but he is indeed allowed to make an alt. Other people on this site who have asked for bans on their accounts have done that before and it has been allowed. Efforts to vote bomb you and other people on this site will receive the appropriate response, potentially resulting in a permanent ban on his main account should he participate in those efforts.

If you would like further clarification or have issues with this, it will have to wait until tomorrow as I have a very early morning ahead of me and will be logging off as soon as I post this. My day will be cluttered with work and flights, so expect delays in my responses.
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@RationalMadman
I’m reminded of a friend quitting a job, and giving the security camera the finger on the way out.

That they were rude while walking out of the building, does not necessitate a ‘you can’t quit, you’re fired!’ historical revisionist response.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
I leave this song to sum up Sir Lancelot.

Peace out.
Very good tune, thanks for that, but I'd have to say the rest of this thread is just full of crap drivel.

I don't know much about what's been going on between you and Lance, but since this rant is pretty stereotypical of a lot of your rants, I'd have to say it's probably a "You Problem".

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Barney
@whiteflame
This is totally unclear to me especially as Savant has said in another thread that Lancelot is creating an alt.

Is someone free to post the following and not get banned, on top of arranging votebombing, which is 100% him, given what he says.

No, you fucking pussy.

You aren't the side that was wronged, even if you try to spin it that way. You're a timid little coward that requires the mods to defend you because you're incapable of protecting yourself every-time you start shit. The definition of a beta male.
I'm not a villain and you're not a victim. What you are is a self-loathing failure. I'd tell you to find something you're good at, but you suck at everything, so looks like that ship has sailed.

That's probably why you targeted Slainte. Because he and everyone else here detected your bitch vibes. You had it coming every-time I attacked you, so don't act like you're anyone special.
You're special, but you're not exceptional.

You've attempted to make claims about having a high IQ, but it's transparent to everyone here you're too intellectually impaired to be semi-competent at anything. If anyone was as cognitively underdeveloped as you, they might have self esteem issues too.

When you come to terms with reality, you'll realize you're just as worthless as everyone thinks you are.
It's cringey as fuck that you call yourself a rapper when your flow and rhymes are trash. Probably why the whole site laughs at you.

You are pretty good at slacking at and conceding debates because most subject matter is too complex for you.
Congrats!

Imagine vote-bombing and then crying you got vote-bombed. 😂

The fact that you think I was involved with whatever happened to you is hilarious.
I'm not the only person who dislikes you, you're pretty much hated here and everywhere you go. So stop thinking I'm responsible every-time something doesn't go your way.

You decided to fuck around and you quickly found out.
Blame no one but yourself, you hypocritical bitch.

You are saying someone is allowed to say this? He said more than this elsewhere. He has abused me to the point that there is no site online other than some shithole like 4chan that wouldn't have permabanned him by now.

Is this in your eyes as mods somehow a 'maybe' situation?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
There are people who given all he has said and done to me would cry or self-harm, even commit suicide. That stuff he is saying is what people tell people to push them over the edge.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I don't know much about what's been going on between you and Lance, but since this rant is pretty stereotypical of a lot of your rants, I'd have to say it's probably a "You Problem".

It certainly isn't. I am not the one abusing others to points that if the real him were associated what he had typed, he'd be loathed by many and exposed as a bully that tries to push people he identifies as 'easy prey' to go over the edge and self harm or kill themselves. that is exactly what he is doing and exactly how he is operating. He is trying to say anything possible to drive me to hate myself and self-harm.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Barney
@whiteflame
To be crystal clear someone is allowed to say all I quoted on top of other abuse, that's acceptable and doesn't warrant a ban?
Bella3sp
Debates: 53
Bella3sp
Oh look, two gone. 
One went, the other followed.

Sounds like an obsession to me.
whiteflame
whiteflame
Well, since RM asked to be banned after hearing my answer to him on Discord, I guess he wasn’t satisfied with what I had to say. Still, I’ll post it here.

Neither I nor moderation are condoning or allowing Sir.Lancelot’s behavior in these posts. He was warned that continuing this behavior would result in a ban, and chose instead to opt for a self-imposed ban. So not only is this behavior not allowed, it’s explicitly called out in the new enforcement policy. It’s also stated there that warnings occur before someone is banned for their behavior. That includes when someone returns from a ban.

The expectation that we impose a permanent ban on him because of the accusation that he was behind a concerted effort to vote bomb RM, something we still have not verified, is not going to happen just because RM feels so strongly that it is him. Similarly, while RM feels that the abuse imposed on him is beyond the pale, we can and have enforced a standard of increased ban durations when offenses are repeated, but we don’t just jump to permanent bans off of insults and personal attacks like this.
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@whiteflame
Well, since RM asked to be banned after hearing my answer to him on Discord, I guess he wasn’t satisfied with what I had to say. Still, I’ll post it here.
Discord... as in an audio conversation?

That has got to be some of the most awkward shit.

something we still have not verified
You banned lancelot on a suspicion?

The cringe of RM acting like the irrelevant logic defying polls that lead to his name being on an irrelevant leaderboard were some kind of severe personal injury can only be surpassed by the idea that his grievance in these 'vote bombs' was enough to cause some kind of fuzzy-logic kinda-maybe-guilty temp ban of lancelot.

I assumed you had evidence, I won't make such an assumption again.

P.S. I just signed up to just plain politics. It's a horror show. They don't even pretend to listen to each other or make arguments. It's just 95% pre-civil-war posturing.

Conclusion: This has not been a good day for my faith in humanity, plans to escape to the hills have increasing in priority
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Discord... as in an audio conversation?
Just chat, actually. And how it goes usually depends on his mood. This did not go well.
You banned lancelot on a suspicion?
That’s not what I said. I said that RM was seeking a permanent ban based on suspicion that Lancelot was involved in this vote bombing scheme, for which we have little evidence. When he was banned, it was chiefly for insults that continued after he received a warning, though there was one case of vote bombing and likely collusion that contributed to the decision.

Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
There was strong evidence of Lancealot being connected to the offending accounts (primarily but not exclusively the troll debates to get them voting privileges).

My interpretation based on available evidence, is most likely he invited some real life friends to the site. Said accounts were issued a preemptive warning not to vote on his debates. Said accounts votebombed in his favor.
It would be hard to deny him having strong influence over the users in question.
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@whiteflame
Good on you to not let RationalMadman use the moderation staff as enforcers in his personal grievances. I doubt that RationalMadman will stay away long--I have always been of the opinion that he has multiple alternate accounts--given what I can only assume is quite an "unhealthy" obsession with authority and "ratings" on this site. Perhaps a more disciplined resolution (for RationalMadman that is) would have been to come and go as you please, and interact with those with whom you're comfortable interacting, as opposed to throwing the proverbial fit, and blaming the moderators--even the site itself--for not taking your side. And this back and forth with Sir.Lancelot in part exemplifies at least what I believe a key reason for discouraged participation and activity. This phenomena is beyond the moderator's control. Too many exchanges lack courtesy and consideration because the social consequences are quite diminished on a platform which offers anonymity. And while I understand that such anonymity can be used to create an outlet for frustration, and controversial opinion, the lack of accountability in one's dropping one's drek on complete strangers, a discourtesy one likely doesn't extend in one's non-internet interactions, is quite frankly appalling. And if one's response--whether it's RationalMadman or Sir.Lancelot--to a prompt for courteous behavior is to exile oneself, then one's departure was not a moment too soon.