Problem of evil is not a problem for Christian God

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 46
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
Problem of evil would only be a problem for all-good God.

However, Christian God is not all-good. He is not even more good than evil.
He is almost pure evil.
So the fact that evil exists is a clear proof that evil creator exists, and everything points to Christian God being the evil creator.

Some of you might say "But Bible says God is good".
Son, thats called lying. God who sends bears to kill children clearly wouldnt have problem with lying that he is actually good. After so many murders in the Bible, God committing the sin of lying is really not even a surprise.

Also, God said: "I made humans in my own image".
Well, humans are mostly sadists and liars. So it is very likely that Christian God is sadist and liar. He lied that he is good to torture humans even more.

Another reason why problem of evil is not a problem for Christian God is that Christian God could be incredibly stupid. He might not even understand that what he does is evil. We cant exclude the possibility that Christian God is mentally retarded.

I mean think about it, how can all powerful smart God limit himself to dealing with human problems. Its like me trying to regulate life of ants in my backyard. Would a smart person do that?

Another reason why problem of evil is not a problem for Christian God is because Christian God can change definition of good and evil. For example, he can define good as anything that pleases him, making all human suffering good.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

Angel Reporter:    God, why did you make Humans?

God:                            I like to go to Strip Clubs.
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Best.Korea

Best Korea,

WAIT a New York minute here!  I am the only TRUE Christian upon this Religion Forum for accepting that Jesus, as God (2 Peter 1:1), is an evil, brutal and bloody serial killer of His Jewish creation, and is evil in doing so, but now you are taking the same position?  What made you come out of the closet  to say the truth about Jesus?

Jesus' inspired words even admits He created EVIL herewith: "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7)

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
What made you come out of the closet  to say the truth about Jesus?
I could no longer lie to myself.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
God:                            I like to go to Strip Clubs
So its all good.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

Yes, the Afterlife is one big Strip Club.
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
Problem of evil would only be a problem for all-good God.
Actually, the problem of evil fades into nothingness unless there is a God who is perfect and holy. Did you notice how I intentionally did not describe God as an all-good God? The Bible never describes God as all-good. Although it does say God is good. And he is the epitome of goodness. But that is not the same as you have described God.  For all-good suggests never doing anything that is subjectively bad for someone else. And we all know that what is good for humanity generally might not be good for a person individually. For example, banning Nazism might be good for humanity generally, but for those who advocate for it, it is not good. Or putting a criminal in prison is good generally for humanity, but for the individual criminal, it is not good. 

Nevertheless, the even more poignant reason for why your opening sentence is ridiculously flawed is that evil can only be defined if we have something to measure it against. Otherwise, evil is really only a word that means - something I dislike or find offensive.  Evil requires good to exist in order to give it definition.  You, as a king and yang expert from your inner person Hindu religion ought to understand that principle. Strange that you have embraced Western Culture in Canada, and yet now want to refute the very thing that you see is valuable. Still a matter for you. 

However, Christian God is not all-good. He is not even more good than evil.
He is almost pure evil.
So the fact that evil exists is a clear proof that evil creator exists, and everything points to Christian God being the evil creator.
Again, you seem to have such a warped view of good and evil that it taints your entire conversation. And though you embrace the Western Culture, the Hindu in you remains strong. The Hindu gods are a variety of evil whereas the Biblical God, the God of creation and salvation for humanity, is holy and just. Full of mercy and grace. But also one that tells the truth and DOES NOT LIE. Hence, if you break the law, he will judge you. Of course it is also perfectly logical that a person who is without a measuring stick of good and evil, will be relatively speaking - speaking from his own dislikes as discussed in the first point above. Hence, given that you are absent of moral good, it is totally reasonable that any good you see in God would be evil. Hence - the more evil you see in God, is just the reflection of evil you personally are yourself.   Hence, clear proof is a bit of a misnomer for you as you don't agree with absolutes. 

Some of you might say "But Bible says God is good".
Son, thats called lying. God who sends bears to kill children clearly wouldnt have problem with lying that he is actually good. After so many murders in the Bible, God committing the sin of lying is really not even a surprise.
Yes, that is exactly how a sinful person would argue. A moral person would look at the story itself. Consider the CONTEXT.  Realise that the kids or adult children were acting and behaving. Analyse what was going on and determine what the appropriate response is.  This is clearly not murder. Bears are animals not humans. Even if they were agents of God, how is it unlawful? God is above the law - not subject to it. Your paradigm is all screwed up. 

Also, God said: "I made humans in my own image".
Well, humans are mostly sadists and liars. So it is very likely that Christian God is sadist and liar. He lied that he is good to torture humans even more.
Yes, indeed God did make humans in his own image and likeness.  Yet in the midst of that - humanity rejected God, and decided to make their own rules. I suppose there is something divine about making your own rules.  Yet that is where your logic sucks. It is the human's rejection of Gods and embracement of their own moral system that has led to humans being sadist and liars. And cruel and sick. This is what happens whenever people reject God and his standards. Being made in God's image wasn't the problem it was rejecting God that was the problem. 

Another reason why problem of evil is not a problem for Christian God is that Christian God could be incredibly stupid. He might not even understand that what he does is evil. We cant exclude the possibility that Christian God is mentally retarded.
Whatever. Spoken by a Hindu about Christianity. No bias is there? 

I mean think about it, how can all powerful smart God limit himself to dealing with human problems. It's like me trying to regulate life of ants in my backyard. Would a smart person do that?
It's not like that. God doesn't regulate humans like that. And I doubt any religion suggests that their gods do. God has delegated authority to work in life, through States, through Families, and through Churches.  Yes, that's showing my view. And whenever these institutions fail to regulate their own institutions properly, it filters into the rest of society.  And in the world there is much corruption - from sin, but also because the harmony and balance between these institutions has become unbalanced and unstable.  The church foolishly didn't regulate its priests. It foolishly stopped what it was supposed to be doing. The State decided it would become big and take over everyone's else role and the family well - that's disintegrating, isn't it? what is a man what is a woman. what are the roles in a family? What is a family?  Lots of issues. God's delegation needs to be revisited doesn't it? And there is suggestion that he is. Is climate change really just God's judgment on earth. Was the pandemic a result of God not being pleased with people. Is Russia and China's rise part of the fall of the West as it is judged for not being the light it could have been? God will not be mocked. Yet, this is what covenant theology reveals. 

Another reason why problem of evil is not a problem for Christian God is because Christian God can change definition of good and evil. For example, he can define good as anything that pleases him, making all human suffering good.

that's not God that is post-modernism.  Look at the Houses of Parliament - they are redefining what is male and female and what is good and what is evil.  The BiBle remains consistent throughout its history. That's why it is called outdated, and conservative. not because it changes definitions - but because it refuses to change its definitions.  One example will suffice. Marriage is between a male and a female. Not between two consenting adults. Tell me dear HAriskrish, who changed? Was it the Bible or was it the world around it? 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Tradesecret
Okay, I have one question now.

Why am I labeled "HAriskrish"?

I will label you as follower of Ra.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Its so so lucky that know one has ever seen God.  
Well a actual god. 
yarr mean ?

Gods perfectly perfect. 

Imagine the head of an organization being un fucking seen. 
Like the bloody ummm. 
I dont know. 
Like the leader of the Crips.  
You've  never seen this cat before but boy could he brawl. 
The stories.
Oh the stories. 
He certainly is  a fucking wild man. 

( Anyway  what was i saying. ) 
Thats right. 
God and evil and stuff. 
Ok Soooo , since no one has ever seen the god dude . 
No one has judged. 
No one can judge. 

Butttttt,
"judging"  by what ive heard. 
And like what ive read.  
His hip. His down with good and evil. 

Although that one time when he tripped up. 
You know. 
The wholeeee ,   
○○●●○○     ACCIDENTALLY LETTING SATIN INTO HEAVEN FIASCO SAGA GATE. ○○●●○○
What a fuck up that was.  

Id say,  he can be tricked. 
So with this in mind. 
When i die,  im a straight up lie to his face. 
Like . 
Of course i belived in you god. 
I knew full well you existed.  
Along with other good ones like. 
But Ive had very little bacon god !
Also. 
NO . 
oh hell no.
I definitely do not have a forskin ill say ! 

See I'll get around him. 

I call bluff. 
Surly he can't see what im up to when he is watching Henry or Susan.
I mean who does he think he is ?

P.s  Banksy isnt like perfect.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
A Zedku for BK.

Hypothetical problems,

For hypothetical GODS.

Not a problem.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
Because that is your name. Or at least one of your aliases.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Best.Korea
Best.Korea wrote: Why am I labeled "HAriskrish"?

The Reverend Tradesecret wrote: Because that is your name. Or at least one of your aliases.

This from the man that has had more personas on the forum than a D.I.D. sufferer. And has more faces than Michael Jackson in the hall of mirrors.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Stephen
@Deb-8-a-bull
I also find it funny that God appeared and talked to people in the past, but doesnt talk to people today and doesnt show himself anymore to anyone on Earth.

Could those old stories of God appearing in cloud be just old people's rambling tales. People in ancient times did tell lots of lies and invented all sort of religions. If there was just one God, you would expect 1 religion, not 3000 different ones.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
God couldn't do another book even if he wanted to. 

Imagine god getting  Duncan to write down some stuff for him. 
And Duncan has it written down on a couple of pages of A4.  

Then he takes it to the (  wherever  ) you have to take the shit that god tells you to , so to get it put in a book.  

No but. 
Imagine your mate Duncan coming up to you and saying in a quiet voice. 
'Hey '
He goes...
'Hey have a look at this '
As he slips you a page. 
You start reading it and your like . 
WTF DUNK.  

YOU REALIZE. ,   YOUR MATE DUNCAN HAS LOST THE FUCKING PLOT. 
Then ya start thinking ,
what the fuck could be wrong with my pal Duncan? 

' your concerns deepen ' 
So You voice these concerns to his family members. 
Duncan gets " eveluated "  
They put him on strong meds and stuff. 
He becomes withdrawn. 
He starts feeling to you, that he aint the man he used to be .
And ummmm, yeah . 
You " grow " apart and shit. 
You haven't seen him in like a year or two now. 
You occasionally think about him. 
And you finish your thoughts off with. 
One of two ways.  

Thought #1 ..
METH ..... Its a hell of a drug ' 

Orrrrrrrr.

A Mere Thought #2. 
Hey Maybe  God actually did talk to ya mate duncun and had him write some stuff down for him.

It has to be one of em right ? 

No but in all seriousness.
A  "  Flaming Bush " is the closest thing to god ive personal witnessed. 

I mean God is a burning bush right guys ?
Yeah  I'm sure I've read that somewhere.  
So ummmmmm yer cool.

' kicks dirt '

P.s
Ive a feeling that if god did a " book " again today,
it too would be in a freaky cryptic, hard to explain type of manner.  
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
I reckon God would "speak" and spell 100% normal and crystal clear on or through a ouija board. 

Who's up for a.  
▪○°•▪○°•▪○••   Seance my house tomorrow night guys. ▪○°•▪○••○▪°•  
Your mom will need to phone my mom first obviously buttt,
should be all good. 

Bring Gingerale and popping corn. 
Oh And butter.   
Lots of butter. 

Im sleeping head to tale with  FLRW
I fucken called it first.  

Stephen and zed can share the main bedroom room.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
If ya worried.  
We can lock Ebuc in the shed out the back. 
And yes.   
You can feed him. 

We are all gking to need to take turns on keeping a eye on ,  The brother d.
As he is not to be left unsupervised for a split second.  

Madman  can plan the party activities  . 

Lemmings is chief explainer.   
Stephen isn't allowed to ask a single  question all night, he just has to enjoy himself.  
And  What ever Zed says or asks of you . You MUST DO IT .  STRAIGHTAWAY. 
No questions. 

And Yes again.
We can get strippers 
FLRW
FLRW

I hope this is what the Afterlife looks like.

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
It looks like you have just quoted Hebrews 1:1-3. 

Perhaps therein you might find your answer, Harikrish.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Stephen isn't allowed to ask a single  question all night

Not even- "is there anyone there"?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Tradesecret
Why do I feel joy when you call me Harikrish? 

sadolite
sadolite
I find it interesting that people who don't believe in god or the bible use terms like good and evil in their arguments. Good and evil are objective tenets of god and the bible.  For a non believer to criticize another persons behavior or actions is preposterous. Their actions are their actions, nothing more. The fact that their actions displease you or harm you is irrelevant. Their actions are neither good nor evil, their actions serve them which is all that matters.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
Why do I feel joy when you call me Harikrish? 
Perhaps it is because we all rejoice when we don't have to hide anymore. And our true face is revealed. 

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull

So the Kim loving, god fearer comes out of the closet and becomes the new me.

Someone has been paying attention.

Or they lead us a merry dance.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
Subjective tenets Mr S.

Subjective tenets attributed to a subjective hypotheses.

And the words good and evil are very much western derivatives from previous concepts.

And are applicable within appropriate contexts, but are often loosely applied in inappropriate contexts.

And are latterly used to insinuate the opposite of their primary intent.

Such is the fluidity of words and language.

See how I used the word fluidity there.

And appropriation is very much as appropriation does, when it comes to the organisation of data and the output of corresponding sounds.

Their actions are neither good nor evil, their actions serve them which is all that matters.
Here here.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@zedvictor4
"And the words good and evil are very much western derivatives from previous concepts."

Can you show this using some kind of source, Western civilization is only a few hundred years old. Or are you saying the words good and evil are just translations of words from another language. Or are you saying the words good and evil existed before the bible was written and were used as a measure for behavior by man.

Without good and evil as an objective bench mark all that can exist is a subjective code of conduct that can change at any moment and only be enforced by those who have the power to. No behavior past or present can be condemned. The people were only following the subjective code of conduct established at the time.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
Not sure what the Hebrew for good and evil is, as my computer doesn't handle Hebrew text.

Though the words good and evil are stated in the dictionary as being English of German/Dutch origin.

Often old English is derived from French and primarily Latin origins, but in this case bonum and malum are not the root words..
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@zedvictor4
I think the concept of good and evil is what is relevant in this discussion not what the words translate into in another language. Where did the concept of good and evil come from?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
Probably when Ug rescued Og  when Nog hit Og over the head with his club.

Hence the prehistoric expressions Ug-ood and Nog-ood.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@zedvictor4
That's  subjective, Nog did what served him. The fact that anyone else liked, disliked it or was hurt is irrelevant. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
Yep...Overtly subjective.

But nonetheless...Hypothetically Og had an evolved intellect with the ability to differentiate between experiences that would latterly become to be classifiable as good and evil.

When this realisation actually occurred for the first time, is impossible to say. (How long is the thinking hominids timeline)

Would certainly pre-date written records though.