Author: Greyparrot

Total: 195
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
"So it would be interesting to check that." 

This isnt really a question. Its really an obvious statement.
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Greyparrot
Trump thought that this "disinfectant" was some kind of new chemical or substance that had been found.
I don't think so. He was clearly talking about UV as a way to fight Covid before he asked the question with the word injection in it. He probably didn't know the proper term for inserting UV devices into the trachea.
It was two different subjects. One was about the possibility of a form blood UV exposure and the other was a daily briefing where somebody discussing the effectiveness of dilute disinfectants on covid viral particles left on a surface.

Trump responded to the disinfectant asking about whether it would be useful internally, the presenter said nothing about it.

The whole thing was silly wrapped in silly. Of course disinfectants destroy covid viral particles, we've used these chemicals for a hundred years because bacteria and viruses don't survive them but you know government. They'll state the obvious if it makes them look less useless than they are.

I'm sure every 2-3 hours of Biden is just as cringe, but his handlers know to keep him locked up when not reading from a teleprompter and the propagandist would never pounce on something so obviously trivial.

Every other politician is the same with a few exceptions like Rand Paul.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Best.Korea
Trump thought that this "disinfectant" was some kind of new chemical or substance that had been found. He did not realize it was a test of commonly available cleaning solutions.
Yeah, they should have used simple words so Trump can understand. Disinfectant sure is a very big word so Trump couldnt understand.
You're not one to talk about vocabulary Korea. You've said sillier things on this forum and you have unlimited time to read and understand context and you can use google.

Vegasgiants
Debates: 4
Vegasgiants
Trump was an idiot to suggest disinfectant as a treatment for covid. Only the most loyal maga can't see that
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Of course, American education might not involve complicated words like "disinfectant". That was probably the first time Trump heard such big word. Trump did say 30000 lies during his time as MAGA president. But sure, defend the dumbest president in history of your nation. Also, you didnt refute my arguments, so I guess I win.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
just like 200 million other americans when missing context or talking about science they don't understand
Yeah, science of disinfectant. Really complicated for American.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Sorry, I meant MAGA American. They almost started civil war. Other Americans are mostly sane.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
"The C.D.C. is advising the use of nonmedical cloth face covering as an additional voluntary public health measure. So it’s voluntary. You don’t have to do it. They suggested for a period of time, but this is voluntary. I don’t think I’m going to be doing it." - Trump inspiring Americans not to wear masks.

"I don’t agree with the statement that if everybody wears a mask, everything disappears" - More misleading by Trump

"The report concludes that, although the US was not the worst hit country in the world by this measure, it remained in the top five in terms of overall numbers of deaths.
According to the WHO, in 2020 and 2021 the US recorded more than 930,000 excess deaths, behind India (4.7m), Russia (1.1m) and Indonesia (1m).
The WHO's numbers are largely consistent with statistics from the Economist which run into 2022, as well as other excess death studies.
When adjusted for population size, the US slips down the rankings with 140 excess deaths per 100,000 people. But it remains a long way above the global average of 96 per 100,000 - and it's also one of the worst performing among the most developed nations.".

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

When I was in Japan in the 1980's, everybody was wearing a face mask.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
"Widespread mask-wearing associates with an expected 7% (95% CI: 3.94%—9.99%) decline in the growth rate of daily active cases of COVID-19 in the country. This daily decline equates to an expected 88.5% drop in daily active cases over 30 days compared to zero percent mask-wearing, all else held equal."

So yes, Trump didnt handle covid situation well. He made it worse than it would be.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
A question that is so dumb to the point where it was like he was mocking everyone. Not a good idea to joke when 200.000 people die and people are seeking hope not joke.

Not a joke It's actual science.

The real joke is dismissing science to satisfy that Orange itch.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
and the other was a daily briefing where somebody discussing the effectiveness of dilute disinfectants on covid viral particles left on a surface.
Can you show me that text, because the only text of Trump I have seen is the one that has been repeated many times in this thread where they were only talking about UV light. Do you have access to the whole thing?

Also, why are you so sure UV can't be described as a disinfectant? I can't pretend to know the mind of Trump, but it seems this was likely.
FLRW
FLRW
In March and early April 2020, President Trump name-dropped hydroxychloroquine almost daily, and he mentioned it dozens of times at White House briefings, according to the CNN tally. He incorrectly implied it was safe to treat Covid-19, encouraged Americans to “try it” and said it might be the biggest breakthrough in modern medicine.
“What do you have to lose?” he asked during a briefing in April.

Trump stopped promoting hydroxychloroquine around the time that a series of studies came back with negative results. New research from Brazil, France and veterans’ hospitals in the US indicate that the drug might not help patients with the coronavirus, and might even have deadly side effects.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
I was talking about disinfectant. You are attacking a strawman. Your defense is strawman also. I dont blame you tho. Thats the president MAGA way.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
This is super simple to understand. Blindingly obvious when you watch the full clip. Only someone suffering from TDS could believe anything else. If I don't address anyone but Greyparrot it's because other parties to this conversation have TDS and therefore aren't actually interested.
Just like HDS in Germany. 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Every other politician is the same with a few exceptions like Rand Paul.
Lol

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
I'm talking about a disinfectant too. Is UV a disinfectant or is it not?

Thats the president MAGA way.

This is your strawman.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
"And then I see the disinfectant, where it(UVA LIGHT) knocks it(COVID) out in a minute."

“Because you see it(COVID) gets in the lungs, and it(COVID) does a tremendous number on the lungs."
I like how you added your own words to text to change meaning. Usually, "it" refers to previously last spoken noun, but Trump and grammar again. This is a sign of desperation of MAGA gang to twist reality. Of course, it wouldnt be their first time to do such a thing. I guess when reality is ugly, people prefer to ignore it and replace.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
The real joke is dismissing science to satisfy that Orange itch.
The real joke is being a Libertarian and being unable to name a single great Libertarian politician 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
You should try to steelman people you disagree with from time to time instead of tossing MAGA strawmen around.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
I like how you added your own words to text to change meaning. 

It's a common practice to insert parenthesis when someone is unclear of what the pronouns are referring to. Feel free to insert your own interpretation.

The strawman crowd didn't even bother to use parenthesis when using the word bleach.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
I'm talking about a disinfectant too. Is UV a disinfectant or is it not?
Oh God...

Disinfectant meaning:
"a chemical liquid that destroys bacteria"
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
Disinfectant meaning:
"a chemical liquid that destroys bacteria"

source?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Best.Korea
I like how you added your own words to text to change meaning. Usually, "it" refers to previously last spoken noun, but Trump and grammar again. This is a sign of desperation of MAGA gang to twist reality. Of course, it wouldnt be their first time to do such a thing. I guess when reality is ugly, people prefer to ignore it and replace.
GP thinks his ass is his elbow

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
It's a common practice to insert parenthesis when someone is unclear of what the pronouns are referring to. Feel free to insert your own interpretation.
It is only unclear to MAGA brain. I already stated my interpretation to you. But yes, deny reality, that helps you.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
source?
Moron - someone who doesn’t know his ass from his elbow

Nowhere in your article does it refer to UV light as a disinfectant. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
I already stated my interpretation to you

no really, tell me exactly what those pronouns refer to. Use real words, not a MAGA strawman. 

Of course, it wouldnt be their first time to do such a thing.
Exactly, which is why the WAPO crowd still thinks Trump said the word "bleach" while attacking a MAGA strawman
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
dis·in·fect·ant
/ˌdisənˈfektnt/

noun
  1. a chemical liquid that destroys bacteria.
    "all surfaces are cleaned manually or by pressure washer with disinfectant"

2. Similar:
    bactericide

germicide

antiseptic

sterilizer

sanitizer

cleaning agent

cleansing agent

cleanser

decontaminant

fumigant

UV light (but only by MAGA Morons)
adjective
  1. causing the destruction of bacteria.
    "cleansing and disinfectant products"

Greyparrot
Greyparrot

looks like the EPA agrees with Trump's interpretation.

I suppose this is the part where the MAGA strawman approach would be that the EPA is full of Orange people....
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
Wow...

Disinfecting is not the same as disinfectant. The first talks about general, while the latter talks about liquid specifically.

Are you now going to misunderstand all words to justify Trump's 30000 lies? Maybe write new dictionary as well.