Norway is the most progressive nation on earth and is the lefts model NOT VENEZUELA!!
All stages have been completed. The voting points distribution and the result are presented below.
With 2 votes and 8 points ahead, the winner is ...
- Publication date
- Last update date
- Time for argument
- Three days
- Voting system
- Open voting
- Voting period
- One week
- Point system
- Four points
- Rating mode
- Characters per argument
- Required rating
The Left isn't trying to emulate Venezuela or even "Socialism" most concede a mixed economic system is always best ,And nORWAY's mixed economic system and progressive values are the ideal we seek to emulate it is also the most democratic nation on earth https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/02/nordic-countries-top-democratic-rankings-2017/
Much of this money is tied up in diversified wealth funds, which some would object to as not counting as real state ownership. I disagree with the claim that wealth funds are not really state ownership, but the observation that Nordic countries feature high levels of state ownership does not turn upon this quibble.
"When two parties are in a discussion and one makes a claim that the other disputes, the one who makes the claim typically has a burden of proof to justify or substantiate that claim especially when it challenges a perceived status quo. This is also stated in Hitchens's razor.". 
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.”
- It is indeed a monarchy.
- PRO concedes the debate. A hereditary monarchy definitionally rejects the first principle of all liberal democracies: that all people are equal. Norway cannot rationally claim that all people are equal but also some very special royal people are born to rule and life a life of luxury at taxpayer expense.
- PRO defines figurehead.
- If PRO is trying to argue that the King of Norway is only a figurehead, PRO must state that in the text of this debate.
- The dailyscandanavian.com ranks Norway over US in several respects.
- Irrelevant to topic
- Democracy, a theory of governing in which citizens have the authority to choose their government and legislatiion
- Socialism, an economic theory in which citizens have the authority to control the means of production, and
- Wealth (CON can't say why PRO folds wealth into progressivism).
- hereditary privilege
- state religion, and
- the god given right of kings to rule