Is the only way to get rid of trump a violent revolution , he seems intent of a coup
All stages have been completed. The voting points distribution and the result are presented below.
With 2 votes and 2 points ahead, the winner is ...
- Publication date
- Last update date
- Time for argument
- Two days
- Voting system
- Open voting
- Voting period
- One week
- Point system
- Winner selection
- Rating mode
- Characters per argument
- Required rating
Trump is a dirty cheater must we use force to rid ourselves of him? https://www.alternet.org/2019/11/watch-trump-wont-rule-out-shutting-down-the-federal-government-if-democrats-refuse-to-end-impeachment-inquiry/?utm_source=push_notifications Trump won’t rule out shutting down the federal government if Democrats refuse to end impeachment inquiry
- PRO forgets that Trump is already under investigation for impeachment. Article II Section 4 of the US Constitution demands that
The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors. 
- Given that the president stupidly solicited a bribe in the telephonic company of dozens of witnesses and documented that bribery in writing and hid that document and hushed up witnesses and defamed witnesses and threatened witnesses and indeed, admitted to the criminal act on several occasions let's assume the question is less the degree of guilt than the degree of corruption within the republican Senate. Why would PRO advocate for violent overthrow instead of allowing time for the facts to be uncovered for the due consideration of trial by Senate?
- PRO forgets the Vice President has the power to assume the presidency.
Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office. 
- There may yet come a low to which Pence,Pompeo, Burr, Mulvaney will not sink.
- Trump's support may be yet weakened by new sex or tax indiscretions are made public.
- Ditto regarding Trump's strict adherence to Putin's foreign policy outlook.
- Why would violent overthrow prove preferable to the 25th Amendment remedies?
- PRO forgets that the 2020 Presidential Election is only one year away.
[The Electors shall meet in their respective States, and vote by Ballot for two Persons, of whom one at least shall not be an Inhabitant of the same State with themselves. And they shall make a List of all the Persons voted for, and of the Number of Votes for each; which List they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the Seat of the Government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate. The President of the Senate shall, in the Presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the Certificates, and the Votes shall then be counted. The Person having the greatest Number of Votes shall be the President, 10 if such Number be a Majority of the whole Number of Electors appointed; and if there be more than one who have such Majority, and have an equal Number of Votes, then the House of Representatives shall immediately chuse by Ballot one of them for President; and if no Person have a Majority, then from the five highest on the List the said House shall in like Manner chuse the President. But in chusing the President, the Votes shall be taken by States, the Representation from each State having one Vote; A quorum for this Purpose shall consist of a Member or Members from two thirds of the States, and a Majority of all the States shall be necessary to a Choice. In every Case, after the Choice of the President, the Person having the greatest Number of Votes of the Electors shall be the Vice President. But if there should remain two or more who have equal Votes, the Senate shall chuse from them by Ballot the Vice President.]
- Certainly, an election would represent the least refutable or contestable change of power and the most likely to be perceived as the most legitimate to the largest number of Americans.
- Why does PRO prefer violence to voting?
- PRO forgets that non-violent resistance is more successful than violence in effecting change.
We do acknowledge that extreme regime brutality, regime economic domination, and sophisticated population control through harassment and intimidation are formidable obstacles to mobilization. Under these conditions subtle acts of defiance and clandestine activities are more prevalent-- and, by definition, less observable. But our main point is that regimes (like opposition movements) are not monolithic actors; rather, they are propped up by pillars made of individuals whose loyalties are malleable and shifting. Whichever side (regime or opposition) is able to divide the opponent from its main pillars of support will ultimately succeed. And nonviolent campaigns have historically had an advantage over nonviolent campaigns in this regard.
- Historically speaking, violence generally locks in points of view and polarizes support. Non-violent campaigns that provoke violent counter-reaction more often succeed in eroding support than violent campaigns. Given the number of Trump supporters in the military and law enforcement- a non-violent resistance is more likely to shake soldiers and cops faith than fighting a violent act of treason.
I would also like to see all the legal avenues exhausted, I never said I did not,
- CON refers PRO to the title of the debate: "ONLY WAY" which precludes alternatives to violence.
- Further, PRO never discussed legal or peaceful alternatives.
- Further, if PRO is not advocating violent overthrow of USFG in the short term, PRO's argument is rendered unparsable.
my point is Trump fights dirty while we follow the rules, since he gets to break the rules maybe its time we break some heads, maybe
- PRO has illustrated the dilemma of all law-abiding citizens everywhere- criminals enjoy a distinct competitive advantage.
- If PRO seeks to improve political advantage by law breaking, then PRO has joined Trump on the side of the criminals.
- Trump's particular specialty, it seems, is to corrupt all who have any dealing with him. Trump repeatedly states that everybody engages politics with the same lack of morals as he, Trump claims that he is simply more forthright about his corruption.
- If PRO stoops to violence or other criminality in opposition, Trump wins the argument whether or not he retains office.
- PRO failed to refute (or even discuss) any of the legal remedies recommended by CON.
- PRO concedes that legal remedies are available.
- PRO concedes that legal remedies are preferable.
- PRO has not conceded the debate overall but has surrendered on the relevant particulars, denying CON engagement.