Present proof that Donald J. Trump is a "racist".
All stages have been completed. The voting points distribution and the result are presented below.
With 4 votes and 22 points ahead, the winner is ...
- Publication date
- Last update date
- Time for argument
- One day
- Voting system
- Open voting
- Voting period
- One week
- Point system
- Four points
- Rating mode
- Characters per argument
Disclaimer : Regardless of the setup for voting win or lose, The aim of this interaction, Is for those that view it, Learn and or take away anything that will amount to any constructive value ultimately. So that counts as anything that'll cause one to reconsider an idea, Understand a subject better, Help build a greater wealth of knowledge getting closer to truth. When either of us has accomplished that with any individual here, That's who the victor of the debate becomes.
I continue to see this over and over again about somebody being "racist".
Well tell me how this person is being such?
Can you do it in 3 rounds or will it take 10?
If you need 15, I'll talk to Mr. Trump about legislating this website to increase its capacity for possibly stigmatizing him.
For clarity or questions, Please send a message or comment prior to accepting debate.
I shall prove my case on one front, which shall be given its own section below
- Acting Racist
The resolution means I must present evidence of Donald Trump engaging in racism. There is no real counter here, as evidence is presented or not.
The description lacked certain key definitions, so to avoid semantic issues…
Merriam-Webster defines the following:
- Race is “any one of the groups that humans are often divided into based on physical traits regarded as common among people of shared ancestry”
- Racism is “a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race” also: “behavior or attitudes that reflect and foster this belief”
- Racialism is synonymous with racism, merely abridging it to “a theory that race determines human traits and capacities”
- Racist is another form of the word racism, allowing for adjective use but may still be presented as a noun.
Donald Trump chooses to present himself as a racist ad nauseam [1, 2]. The only credible defenses I’ve heard that he is not racist, is clearly written as satire .
Trump openly endorses the White Power movement, and blately seeks to appeal to them . By definition, this alone confirms him as a racist by engaging in behavior that fosters the belief in racial superiority.
Trump has been so racist that it is scientifically testable that he is linked to racism, at least according to both Fox News and Twitter .
- P1: If someone routinely behaves racist, they are by definition a racist.
- P2: See R1.
- C1: Therefore, Donald Trump is a racist.
As con has requested I “just bring them forth directly.” Here’s a list from Vox :
- 1973: “Trump had refused to rent to Black tenants and lied to Black applicants about whether apartments were available”
- 1989: Launched a public campaign to disproportionately punish black crime suspects; specifically that they should be put to death for the mere accusation of crimes which do not merit the death penalty. In 2016 he stood by this, even when both DNA evidence and a confession from someone else exonerated the accused.
Con concedes that Trump openly endorses the White Power movement. He merely presents a non-sequitur that belief in inherent racial superiority doesn’t count as racism, despite it being such by definition.
Love is not a race, God is not a race, justice is not a face, will is not a race, etc.
Yes, he publicly called murderous neo-nazis “very fine people” .
Declaring people great for being openly racist, is fostering the theory that race determines human traits and capacities. Ergo, racist.
Con questions what specifically he posted on Twitter to scientifically label himself racist, however this is not about one or two lone statements. He used enough key phrases and keywords also used by racists over such a long period, that he algorithmically linked himself to racism by repetition .
See R1 for list, all sources this round merely point back to it.