Author: Best.Korea

Total: 67
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
Christians say that God loves me.

So, what does that mean?

How does God love me?

Can you make an example of God's love towards me?
hey-yo
Debates: 24
hey-yo
-->
@Best.Korea
Does your family love you? 

What does it mean for anyone to love you? 

How does family love you?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@hey-yo
So no answer?

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Debates: 0
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Best.Korea

Best.Korea,

Jesus as God loves you, even though you are a hell bound Atheist that may see the light and change into a Christian before your demise, praise! "Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.” (John 14:21). See how Jesus as God loves you from the passage shown? Sure you do, praise!

BUT, to get this love from my serial killer Jesus as God is that you have to follow ALL OF His commandments as He stated in the above passage, all 613 of them as shown in the link herewith:  https://www.the613commandments.com/The-List-of-the-613-Commandments.html

Just a few commands that you have to follow out of the 613 listed in the link above are the following, that I am sure you can do:

1.  “He who strikes his father or his mother shall surely be put to death." (Exodus 21:15)

2,   ‘You shall not round off the side-growth of your head." ( Leviticus 19:27)

3.  "and you shall have a spade among your tools, and it shall be when you sit down outside, you shall dig with it and shall turn to cover up your excrement." (Deuteronomy 23:13)

4. “It shall be, if you are not pleased with her, then you shall let her go wherever she wishes; but you shall certainly not sell her for money, you shall not mistreat her, because you have humbled her."( Deuteronomy 21:14)

5. "You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the Lord." (Leviticus 19:28)

6. "You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father, that is, the nakedness of your mother. She is your mother; you are not to uncover her nakedness.(Leviticus 18:7)

7. "You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father’s wife; it is your father’s nakedness." (Leviticus 18:8)

8. "Then you shall bring them both out to the gate of that city and you shall stone them to death; the girl, because she did not cry out in the city, and the man, because he has violated his neighbor’s wife. Thus you shall purge the evil from among you." (Deuteronomy 22:24)

9. "If there is a man who marries a woman and her mother, it is immorality; both he and they shall be burned with fire, so that there will be no immorality in your midst." (Leviticus 20:14)

10.  “If a man has committed a sin worthy of death and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree," (Deuteronomy 21:22)

Best.Korea, see how easy it is for Jesus as god to love you? Of course you do, therefore I have answered your question in your initial post, and you can thank me later, praise!  

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Praise Jesus's wrath!
hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@Best.Korea
You asked for an example. The example requires understanding you. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Love is an over-used word we use to describe various internal electro-chemical responses to external stimuli.

So do you love your cat, your ice cream,  your GOD, yourself or whatever? 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@hey-yo
So when you Christians claim that God loves me, you really have no idea what you are talking about.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@hey-yo

You really are shite at knowing never mind understand anything about the bible. Why do you keep pretending that you do?

The OT God doesn't even mention "his love" once. The only single time that the OT god speaks of, or uses the word " love " is in relation to someone loving someone else. 
Do you know who that was? 
hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@Stephen
I saw you mention in another thread you are athiest. Still are ?
hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@Best.Korea
Again, you asked for an example. Examples and analogies are helpful if you understand them. 

Im trying to give something that relates to you. 

But seems like you don't want diaologue. I dont know why you created a thread to ask a question you don't want answered. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@hey-yo
Well, I dont have example of any love in life that outweights my suffering, so yes question answered.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@hey-yo
I saw you mention in another thread you are athiest. Still are ?

Just answer the question , if you can.

The OT God doesn't even mention "his love" once. The only single time that the OT god speaks of, or uses the word " love " is in relation to someone loving someone else. 

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Best.Korea
There exists no creator God, ergo,at best we have non-creator God as Universe/God, that. does not love or hate you.

Creator God is non-sense fiction ---occupied space cannot be created nor destroyed only transformed---  and there is little to no evidence that a person name Judas ever existed as the son-of-God or perhaps much of the stories told regarding  a mythical Jesus is also mythical fantasy, that, at best based on some person made some kind of stand against Romans etc, and that became larger false narrative we label as Jesus.

That is my best logical, common, sense critical thinking assessment..
hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@Stephen
Ill just respond to origional post. 

You really are shite at knowing never mind understand anything about the bible. Why do you keep pretending that you do?
I never said I knew everything..i look into these threads to challenge myself. 

However I don't need to believe just anything you say either. In the last thread you provided x. I asked for evidence. Did not see that evidence given.  So I called it out. 

The OT God doesn't even mention "his love" once. The only single time that the OT god speaks of, or uses the word " love " is in relation to someone loving someone else. 
Im just going to say no so you can get to your point. 

In advance I'm calling this like "how many times the bible says santa clause or christian." The end result is misguided and doesn't impact theology much. 
hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@ebuc
How do you come to the conclusion that someone stood against rome which in turn developed into Jesus?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@hey-yo

I never said I knew everything..

And neither did I.  I said "anything". 

However I don't need to believe just anything you say either.

I agree.  And you'd be a fool to.

In the last thread you provided x. I asked for evidence. Did not see that evidence given.  So I called it out. 

Which thread?

Im just going to say no so you can get to your point. 
The thread is about "gods love" not human family love. 

But for reasons known only to yourself,  instead of addressing the OP, you ask the OP three question of your own:

hey-yo wrote: Does your family love you? 

What does it mean for anyone to love you? 

How does family love you? #2
"Family love" ;  which has nothing at all to do with the OP's question  which is clearly concerned with "gods love" . And you have not given any reason why you appear to believe your questions answer the OP's question.

So bringing the thread back to it's original POINT!  I have had to educate you about "gods love" which as I have explained is never mentioned anywhere in the OT.

HERE>>  Stephen wrote: The OT God doesn't even mention "his love" once. The only single time that the OT god speaks of, or uses the word " love " is in relation to someone loving someone else. #9

I then asked you:

You don't know so I will answer it for you.

Genesis 22:2
 2 “Abraham!”  He said, “Take your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.”

So there is no one in any position to answer the OP's question because the BIBLE never once mentions GOD speaking of his love for us.

hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@Best.Korea
Well, I dont have example of any love in life that outweights my suffering, so yes question answered.

Oh. A friend of mine says something similar. She struggles with depression. You should get help with that. 

So, what does that mean?
in general - "God loves you" 
Means God loves you. Love is used in the sense of Agape. 

Much of christian theology stems from outside the English language. This is one of them. The word love is never used in the sense of "really like." 
Ex: I love cereal..

How does God love me?
Im not sure what is meant by how. 
The word love is not used with how in society. Or at least I never heard it. 

For many we create things, like art or architecture or what ever, because we enjoy doing those things. 
Parents love each other and from that love comes children.

God loves and therefore creates. 

A father's love and relationship with his kids is often used as analogy/symbolism for God's love. 
Ergo I asked about your family. 

Some do not receive love from a father which makes talking about God's love as a Father harder. 

There is something different to God's love than humans' because humans are known to develop an affection for someone/something based on what exists. 

God's affection inherently gives attributes. 

Comparison: 
Humans "take" attribute to develop love
God gives attributes because He loves. 

This is the best I may articulate it. I suggest doing research for one self. 

You exist. 

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@hey-yo
You should get help with that.
Where is help? There is no help. Now get back to the topic instead of recommending help.

You exist.
Thats a punishment, not love. I guess you have no real answer to the question of God's love and an example of God's love.
hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@Best.Korea
Yeah Im sure that was too easy to complain about. 
I am not able to articulate an asnwer that relates to your answer at this time. 

I refer you to catholic answers. They have take call ins and can give more. 

Otherwise yes there is hellp for those with depression.  
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@hey-yo
So you have no answer. All that rambling could have been skipped if you just said that you have no answer at the start. But no, you had to play the Christian game of pretending where you pretend that you have an answer when in reality you have nothing and you are just talking nonsense.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@hey-yo
You obviously know little of the jesus - Rome story. Plenty on the net for you to educate yourself.
hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@ebuc
The net does have some fancy resources. Some bad ones too. 
I prefer people to share the the ins and outs so they can explain why they believe it. 
I did not think it too much to ask for. 

For me, I can read into the theology and recordings where Jesus is said to have nothing to do with Rome. You give two contradictory personas but claim them to be as one. Seems - unbelievable. 
hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@Best.Korea
So you have no answer.
You only quoted and replied to my example.

Do you disregard my other words? If yes, then you disliked my answer. That's fine. Just say so. 

hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@Stephen

I work things backwards sometimes. So ....
Christianity builds itself on the bible as a whole. Why are you focusing on only the o.t.? 

the word love is never mentioned in o.t.? 

What about Psalm ?

[God's] steadfast love is better than life>>
So what are you looking for?
What do you want - a quote from God declaring love? 

Something like this? 
"I love you."

""Family love" ;  which has nothing at all to do with the OP's question...
Where do we learn about love? How do we know what love is? We learn it from or family first. The love from our family, like the love from a father, is used as analogies to describe God's love. 

Although analogies have their limits, I find them helpful.  

I have had to educate you
Can't educate someone who does not trust you. 
Me:
I don't need to believe just anything you say either.
You:
 agree.  And you'd be a fool to.
Great. Since we agree. I see contradictions in what you say. I see false statments. I do not believe you.  There you go. 

you have not given any reason why you appear to believe your questions answer the OP's question.
I never asserted that my questions were going to aswer a question. I explained that I was trying to personalize the example so it can relate to the person. 

I was not able to do so with the response b.k. gave. That's it. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@hey-yo
I work things backwards sometimes. So ....
Christianity builds itself on the bible as a whole. Why are you focusing on only the o.t.? 

Well simply because Christians believe Jesus is also god. "the beginning and the end"  the "alpha and Omega" the "first and the last".

the word love is never mentioned in o.t.? 

I didn't write that  . Why are you editing what I have actually written. 
THS IS WHAT I HAVE ACTUALY WRITEN>>>>>>>>>Stephen wrote: The OT God doesn't even mention "his love" once.  HERE>>>  #9  #13  #17

You really aught to read what I have written.  I have clearly emboldened and underlined  three times in three different posts.

What about it? 

Psalm 63:3  "Because your steadfast love is better than life",.  << OK,  Is this god telling  David that he loves him, Or is it David saying god loves him ?

What do you want - a quote from God declaring love? Something like this? 
"I love you."

Do you have a biblical quote from the mouth of god himself?

""Family love" ;  which has nothing at all to do with the OP's question...
the love from a father, is used as analogies to describe God's love. 
Is it?  Give me  biblical example of the OT god telling his creation that he loves them. I

I have had to educate you
Can't educate someone who does not trust you. 
Well I cannot think of a single reason for you not to trust me but you would be correct in your scepticism and right to question me concerning that which I have written on these boards..  But you must be sure to differentiate between "ME" ( whom you have never met face to face) and  what I have written as a faceless person on a internet forum..

Me:
I don't need to believe just anything you say either.
You:
 agree.  And you'd be a fool to.
Great. Since we agree. I see contradictions in what you say. I see false statments. I do not believe you.  There you go. 
I do agree. And standby what I have wrote. You would be foolish to simply take my word for anything I have written before checking it out for yourself and pressing me  for answers that may arise from what I write. .   . And I would like you to point out what you call my "contradictions" and "false statements" if you could. And I would like to defend against your accusations.
So when you are ready.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@hey-yo
For people ---too young or just ignorant of Biblical Jesus--    who are too lazy to let their fingers do the walking to find truth some of the historical fantasies found in Bible.

.."A new message

This message announced that there was a kingdom greater than Rome, that God would provide and that the poorest members of society would find relief and hope. It was a completely new message – one which excited his audiences.

Although his message was proving popular, the claim of his disciples that Jesus was the son of God offended many people. What’s more, his ideas were revolutionary and threatened to undermine thousands of years of social tradition. "...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seek logical common sense critical thinking and ye may find truth and facts.

There exists no creator God, ergo,at best we have non-creator God as Universe/God, that. does not love or hate you.

Creator God is non-sense fiction ---occupied space cannot be created nor destroyed only transformed---  and there is little to no evidence that a person name Jesus ever existed as the son-of-God or perhaps much of the stories told regarding  a mythical Jesus is also mythical fantasy, that, at best based on some person made some kind of stand against Romans etc, and that became larger false narrative we label as Jesus.

That is my best logical, common, sense critical thinking assessment..

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@hey-yo
You provided no answer. Maybe if you think hard, you will figure out the answer. Now go, and come back when you have the answer.
hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@Best.Korea
No. No. I answered. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@hey-yo
Sure, sure, sure you did. Catholic answers lol