How does God love me?

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 67
hey-yo
Debates: 24
hey-yo
-->
@Best.Korea
Post 18 seems to have more words than that. 
hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@ebuc
For people who are too lazy to let their fingers do the walking to find truth 

Riiiiiight. 
So - the bible is still the main source for Jesus because it includes quotes and eye witness documentation. 

Believe in it or not, I don't care. The point is the main source for any characterization is from the Bible. 
 2 Gospels were written by apostles.
 2 were written by apostles' associates. 

When we read the Bible we see this: 

Jesus is tested with a trick question to show a favoritism for rome or the anti Rome rebel that many people thought the Messiah may be. However, Jesus' answer indicates following: 

The trick question posed to Jesus was whether Jews "ought to" pay taxes to the Romans. The assumption is that Jesus will either give a simple "no," making Him a rebel against Rome, or a simple "yes," angering His Jewish followers.

Jesus responds in a manner to indicate He is not a rebel. He did not stand against Rome. 

If we see:
Jesus was arrested on a charge of treason and was crucified. 

We should remember that accounts for Jesus being arrested and leading up to the crucifix includes the following: 

Pilate said, “Take him yourselves and judge him by your own law.”
“But we have no right to execute anyone,” they objected. 32 This took place to fulfill what Jesus had said about the kind of death he was going to die.
33 Pilate then went back inside the palace, summoned Jesus and asked him, “Are you the king of the Jews?”
34 “Is that your own idea,” Jesus asked, “or did others talk to you about me?”
35 “Am I a Jew?” Pilate replied. “Your own people and chief priests handed you over to me. What is it you have done?”
36 Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”
37 “You are a king, then!” said Pilate.
Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”
38 “What is truth?” retorted Pilate. With this he went out again to the Jews gathered there and said, “I find no basis for a charge against him....."

The imagery is simple. the representative of rome indicates Jesus has not qualms with Rome and Rome has no qualms against Jesus. 
Jesus was not a criminal or a rebel. 

There was no act of treason. The kingdom Jesus claimed did not occupy the same world let alone the same land as Rome. 

Seek logical common sense critical thinking and ye may find truth and facts.
To help with this, we should know what source information is from. PBS gives zero reference to their source. 

So what is the basis for their information? 
I dont know.  Nothing?

Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
-->
@hey-yo
Nothing in that post contains an answer. Now you can play dumb and lie that you gave an answer, but until you actually figure out an answer you will get nowhere. You may talk nonsense. Nonsense isnt answer. Of course, the main strategy of Christians is to talk nonsense to pretend like they are not clueless, so go ahead continue your talking.
SethBrown
Debates: 23
SethBrown
-->
@Best.Korea
So, what does that mean?
Well it would mean the same as if someone else said they love you.
How does God love me?
Many different ways, for example he made you for the purpose of ruling with him, now some of god's creatures went wrong in their practice of free-will, and we can't rule with him in the garden of eden anymore, but he did promise to send us a redeemer.
Can you make an example of God's love towards me?
Yes, he sent his own son so we could rule along side him again.
hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@Stephen
Well simply because Christians believe Jesus is also god. "the beginning and the end"  the "alpha and Omega" the "first and the last".

Ah so you are saying Christians claim Jesus is God, therefore we should only look at half of the source for their claim? 

I dont see your logic here. 

I didn't write that  . Why are you editing what I have actually written. 
The only single time that the OT god speaks of, or uses the word " love " is in relation to someone loving someone else. 
Do you know who that was? 

In the words of you:
Why are you editing what you have actually written? 
You very clearly claim the word love is only used once in O..T. 

Psalm 63:3  "Because your steadfast love is better than life",.  << OK,  Is this god telling  David that he loves him, Or is it David saying god loves him ?

This is in response to you saying "love" is only in the o.t. once. 

Again I quote you.. 
The only single time that the OT god speaks of, or uses the word " love " is in relation to someone loving someone else. #9

I then asked you:

You don't know so I will answer it for you.

Genesis 22:2
Love is used more than once. 

Do you have a biblical quote from the mouth of god himself?

I dont know. Some say Isiah. 43. 

Although I am not looking for a message like that, I am open to it. 

Why do we need a message like that; of God being quoted? 

you would be correct in your scepticism and right to question me

Great moving along then. 

And I would like to defend against your accusations.

I reference posts from several threads. If you wish to address the above comments for this thread, you are welcome to..

hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@Best.Korea
Oh but it does answer. But maybe its not the answer you were looking for.  Please share what you want. What do you want to see as a reply on this thread? 

Ooo 
.answer the question(s) yourself. Post in this thread. Then we will see what your expectations are. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@hey-yo
Okay, you are obviously lying. I guess you like lying. Your God lies too. You are a cute couple.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@SethBrown
if someone else said they love you.
Okay, so you think love means saying I love you. Really, your logic of love comes from cartoons.

Many different ways, for example he made you
Not an act of love, given that my existence is immoral. It is the opposite of love. It is something you do to someone you hate, not love. It was already explained in this topic, but you felt the need to repeat a refuted point.

Yes, he sent his own son so we could rule along side him again
Not an act of love, since I wont be ruling along side him. I dont think you know what love means. I didnt think I would have to define love but it seems that you are clueless about what it is.

now some of god's creatures went wrong in their practice of free-will
So yeah, God screwed them up by giving them free will. Another act of hate, not love. A loving act would be not creating those people. There is no love in eternal torment.
SethBrown
SethBrown
-->
@Best.Korea
Okay, so you think love means saying I love you. Really, your logic of love comes from cartoons.
That's not what my reply meant, his love is similar to someone that says they love you, it's the english definition of love.
Not an act of love, given that my existence is immoral. It is the opposite of love. It is something you do to someone you hate, not love. It was already explained in this topic, but you felt the need to repeat a refuted point.
I didnt see the point in the topic, but why is your existence immoral? And have you considered he meant for it to be perfect?
Not an act of love, since I wont be ruling along side him. I dont think you know what love means. I didnt think I would have to define love but it seems that you are clueless about what it is.
Do you think I meant a literal ruler, you must love someone if you created them out of a good-will like that, is that not a loving act?
So yeah, God screwed them up by giving them free will. Another act of hate, not love. A loving act would be not creating those people. There is no love in eternal torment.
I hate to get into logical arguments but ill put one below
p1: It is possible god has morally sufficient reasons to create people with the possibility to commit evil acts
c1:There is a possible world where god has morally sufficient reasons to create people with the possibility to commit evil acts
c2:The existence of free-will does not necessitate contradiction.

Also, do you think hell is literally fire?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@SethBrown
So no answer from you either. Really, guys you should put more effort in defending Christianity. Right now you are making no sense.
SethBrown
SethBrown
-->
@Best.Korea
I gave you an answer, what's the issue with it?
hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@Best.Korea
Agh. :/
Why not just say you didn't like the answer?
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
Romans 5: 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@hey-yo

Ah so you are saying Christians claim Jesus is God, therefore we should only look at half of the source for their claim? 

I dont see your logic here. 
Yes, well. You don't see much at all really, do you? 

I didn't write that  . Why are you editing what I have actually written. 
The only single time that the OT god speaks of, or uses the word " love " is in relation to someone loving someone else. 

In the words of you:
Why are you editing what you have actually written? 
You very clearly claim the word love is only used once in O..T. 
No. I have claimed 4 times now that that the  GOD of the OT mentions the word only once. Look at the bold above that you have requoted.
And stop attempting to purposely misrepresent what I have wrote. I will reiterate AGAIN for you in capitals;

THE ONLY SIGNGLE TIME THAT THE OT GOD SPEAKES OF, OR USES THE WORD "LOVE" IS IN RELATION TO SOMEONE LOVING SOMEONE ELSE.

Why do we need a message like that; of God being quoted? 

I don't want god being quoted by someone else FFS!. I want a biblical quote from the ot GOD himself where he HIMSELF speaks of his love for us.  And of the 622,000 words that make up the OT you cannot find one.  Accept it or deny it but it is a BIBLICAL FACT!

Psalm 63:3  "Because your steadfast love is better than life",.  << OK,  Is this god telling  David that he loves him, Or is it David saying god loves him ?

This is in response to you saying "love" is only in the o.t. once. 
I know, but it isn't GOD speaking those words is it, you cretinous clown.

Again I quote you.. 
The only single time that the OT god speaks of, or uses the word " love " is in relation to someone loving someone else. #9

I then asked you:

You don't know so I will answer it for you.

Genesis 22:2
Love is used more than once. 

BUT NOT BY GOD HIMSELF IS IT? FFS!!!!  This is Isaiah speaking to his audience of gods love, it is not god himself IS IT!? 

Do you have a biblical quote from the mouth of god himself?
So that is a no then. You can't give me a quote from the mouth of GOD himself.    and if you read Isaiah for yourself , it is  about gods punishment, why he allowed Judah to be conquered and decimated  and why they ended up in exile in Babylon. <<<< Yes a lot of love going on there isn't there?

And I would like you to point out what you call my "contradictions" and "false statements" And I would like to defend against your accusations.

I reference posts from several threads.
YOU have ACCUSED ME of making "False Statements" and "contradictions". 
I have asked you four times to support your accusations, so, simply show them to me. Or simply stop telling blatant fkn lies.

If you wish to address the above comments for this thread, you are welcome to..

I have done.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@SethBrown
You gave no answer. You talked random nonsense. You can go now.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Tradesecret
Christ died for us
Christ didnt die for me. I dont benefit from Christ's voluntary suicide. All that proves is that Christ is an idiot.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@hey-yo
Bye bye bye
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@hey-yo
I dont know.  Nothing?

Thats because you dont seek the truth and facts via logical, common sense critical thinking even after presented to you clearly.  Your choice

.."A new message

This message announced that there was a kingdom greater than Rome, that God would provide and that the poorest members of society would find relief and hope. It was a completely new message – one which excited his audiences.

Although his message was proving popular, the claim of his disciples that Jesus was the son of God offended many people. What’s more, his ideas were revolutionary and threatened to undermine thousands of years of social tradition. "...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There exists no creator God, ergo,at best we have non-creator God as Universe/God, that. does not love or hate you.

Creator God is non-sense fiction ---occupied space cannot be created nor destroyed only transformed---  and there is little to no evidence that a person name Jesus ever existed as the son-of-God or perhaps much of the stories told regarding  a mythical Jesus is also mythical fantasy, that, at best based on some person made some kind of stand against Romans etc, and that became larger false narrative we label as Jesus.

hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@ebuc
Thats because you dont seek the truth and facts via logical, common sense critical thinking even after presented to you clearly.  Your choice

No. They dont share their sources. Common sense says if you want to provide information that people can rely on, then you provide the means to arrive to the same conclusion. 

PBS pertains no sources in their writings. They probably want me to buy a dvd but those words carry no weight.  

Now. For your bold words. 
If the representative of rome says there is no crime when he knows the same message you put in bold. Then the claim itself is not a threat to rome nor intended as such because Jesus explains the kingdom is not of this world. Which means afterlife. 

Rome does not control the afterlife and they allowed other religions to exist within their empire. That is why the issue was given back to the people. My previous post provided details on it. 

Even the things that apostles (followers of Jesus) claim indicate a spiritual and therefore religious involvement . Not war or uprisings or political strife. 
FLRW
FLRW

See the new movie, The Mission, to see how much God  loves you.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
"That's where Chau tried to endear himself to a community of 200 believed to be the last pre-Neolithic tribe on Earth. The tribe resisted Chau's attempts to communicate with them. He kept hanging around and trying again until they shot him dead with an arrow."
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@FLRW
See the new movie, The Mission, to see how much God  loves you.

"And into the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, I believed your rod and your staff would comfort me".... because I am stupid.".

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Stephen
He wasnt a TRUE Christian, so Jesus killed him! Praise Jesus's fury!
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
Christ died for us
Christ didnt die for me. I dont benefit from Christ's voluntary suicide. All that proves is that Christ is an idiot.
Paul was talking to believers.  Christ died for the believers, or for his people. 

Now that may or may not include you. Certainly at the moment, given your attitude, it is quite possibly true that his death has no positive benefit for you. Nevertheless, his death has consequences for those who don't believe. 

How does Christ's death prove he is an idiot? It wasn't a voluntary suicide. Your interpretation of the event doesn't make it the truth. 

Is there anywhere in the Scriptures, that suggests or proves it was suicide?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Tradesecret
Well, usually

When person does things that he knows will kill him

Its called voluntary suicide. When he has a choice not to...

Now, Maybe you have different views on what suicide means, I dont plan to discuss the definitions, sorry.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
Well, usually

When person does things that he knows will kill him

Its called voluntary suicide. When he has a choice not to...

Now, Maybe you have different views on what suicide means, I dont plan to discuss the definitions, sorry.

People in the armed forces do things that they know have a high probability of getting killed.  

People working in the police force have the same view. 

People who work with contagious diseases recognise the same thing. 

None of those would be considered suicide. 

Jesus, death was the defence of another.  OF his people. 

Suicide is when one person dies and not necessarily voluntarily, although it is a self killing. because he can't face living anymore. And that is the point.   Jesus didn't kill himself. He did wish to keep living. 

He was killed by the Roman Soldiers, under the order of a Roman authority, in accordance with its laws, and under the influence of the Jewish leaders of the time.  No one with any genuine belief holds the view that Jesus' death was a suicide.  Others, some on this site, think Jesus didn't even die at the cross.  

There is simply no rational logic that can honestly suggest Jesus committed suicide.  
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Tradesecret
You are cute for trying to derail my topic. So cute cute!
hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@Stephen
Yes, well. You don't see much at all really, do you? 
Well I asked for your explanation. Maybe your "let me defend myself," is just a ruse. I won't bother with it any more. 

stop attempting to purposely misrepresent what I have wrote. 

You keep missing parts from your own quote. That's not my fault. 

There is no reason to ask "do you know who that was?" And follow up with a single quote if in reality you mean there are more than one passage that uses the word love. 

Your words indicate single not multiple. No reason to keep bickering about it. 

So that is a no then
If we follow izzylife link and read passage they provided - the passage is in first person. 
Does this indicate God is speaking? 

Otherwise go ahead and comment on your next point. Let's just say I say no- I have no passage to provide you. What is your point and final thought?

Yes a lot of love going on there isn't there?
Can be. I am unable to articulate it at this time, but allowing Israel to be conquered does not dismiss love because it allows human interaction. Which involves free will. 

I have asked you four times to support your accusations
Cool. I said before I refer to other threads as well as this one. You can address comments made on other threads if you wish. I am not adamant  about it. 

Otherwise you are half addressing issues raised on this thread. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@hey-yo
YOU have ACCUSED ME of making "False Statements" and "contradictions". 
I have asked you four times to support your accusations, so, simply show them to me. Or simply stop telling blatant fkn lies.

I said before I refer to other threads  

So let me see these "other threads".  Show me the contradictions and false claims that you continually accuse me of making.

hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@Stephen
Im not listing topics from other threads here. That is the past and it already developed an opinion.  There are questions here unanswered. Up to you what you do. Doesnt bother me any. 

Why does it matter to have x number of times for love to be used in bible? 

What is your point in adressing first person quotations for " I love you? " 

Why are we referencing only the o.t. And not the bible in whole? 

I have no passage to provide you. What is your point and final thought?

Screw it. im not repeating my self any more. . Cheers