A discussion on the trinity - Holy Ghost Father Son

Author: Mall

Total: 69
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Mr.BrotherDThomas
Mr.BrotherDThomas wrote @Mall:  Why do you waste your time with Miss Tradesecret Bible STUPIDITY is beyond reason!?

Best let Mall find out for himself, Brother D.

Mall
Debates: 336
Mall
-->
@Mr.BrotherDThomas
"You are to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ! "

Correcttttt. See we don't have to berate each other. Build each other up. Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Must your speech be so long, just "You are to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ! "

There you go.

The trinity thing, nah .

But the baptism knowledge, continue to speak what you know on that.

Mall
Debates: 336
Mall
-->
@Stephen
Thank you. We gotta learn right.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mall
Baptism..

The subject of baptism deserves a thread of its own.
DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@Tradesecret
To be clear, I do believe in the Bible and believe in God, so my answers are not coming from a hatred of God, but rather a desire to seek him.

Wow! The dogma is strong with this one.  Just to be clear. No twisting of doctrines. And no appeasing or appealing to the pagan masses.  The Trinity is eternal. There is nothing quite like the One and the Many.  It is a brilliant concept even as it reflects the only Perfect God. 
Thousands of Gods?  An immediate break from what the Trinity teaches. ONE GOD. Not a trinity of Gods. ONE GOD. The Vedic god system is nothing like the Trinity. 
Oh Wow! A god that likes wine is what somehow like Jesus?  You must be joking. Seriously.  Jesus is not a god of wine. LOL @ even the comparison. Simply nuts. Yes, Jesus did have an earthly mother. But the Son of God, the second member of the Trinity HAD NO MOTHER.  He is eternally begotten. 
Yes, I've seen it.  But the Holy Spirit is not a bird. And this is not the intention. The Holy Spirit is not a dove. He alights as a dove. Metaphor. 
Anyone can make a correlation with anything. A correlation is simply an exercise that describes a mathematical formula painting a picture. We can actually posit a correlation between people who agree with you with people who don't agree with you. That is the magic of correlation. But what does it prove? It proves not much. Just that there is a relationship. And when it comes to Jesus, there will always be people who want to paint a relationship to someone like Jesus. He had a mother. he liked wine. he did miracles. He died. He rose again. And the same applies to the Trinity. It proves nothing. The fact is - the Trinity is both a simple concept and a complex one. the fact that most people can hardly grasp what the Trinity is - even in its simple form is telling. It's not just a copy from something else. To suggest it is - begs the question. 
So to respond to all of this is simply that it is not a stretch to see that the Trinity could be a mish-mash of other religious doctrine, especially when the Trinitarian doctrine is not in the Bible.  There are plenty of scriptures that are trying to be figured as such and some really good stretches on some specific words, but no God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost, no three-in-one verse, nothing that states that Jesus Christ was eternal.

There is one God, like the Bible states, and there was a savior named Jesus who was the waited for Messiah (the Christ or anointed).  The confusion comes from evil doctrines, made up to gain more church membership.  God is a spirit.  God is not flesh nor a man.  Jesus was begotten.  God made creation by himself, nobody was with him. After death is conquered, Jesus will hand all power back to the Father.  The doctrine of the Trinity sprang in the minds of evil men and not of Godly men.  Want to know who and what God is?  Read the Bible, not various commentary of Catholic tainted people.

The church which counts.  Yes, I have read the church fathers. And the question of the victor. Really. what a convenient excuse not to believe the truth? The Roman Catholic Church is not the only church. The Orthodox Church also agrees with it - and so does the Protestant church -which opposed the Catholic Church. I don't have to agree with the Roman Catholic Church to see that the Trinity is true. It's evident in the Scriptures. 
All those churches "agree" with the Trinity, not because it is in the scriptures, but because they are the "daughters" of the Catholic church.  They left the catholic church in one way or another but took with them the man made doctrine:  The Trinity and Trinitarian Baptism.

Of course you do, what a surprise?  But you miss the points of personality. how do you grieve a power? It's not possible. 
I will look into your question, but in the meantime, you answer how the Holy Ghost is the Father and not "the Father".

don't forget that when Abraham was around - three so called angels appeared - looking like men. Each of them - took on the role of the LORD in their words and their attitude.  

It's a simple picture but it actually provides an interesting picture. why were there three so called people looking like men? And how does it relate to TRINITY?
Ask any Jewish rabbi this same question, as they do not believe in a triune god either.  They were specifically angels and not Gods.  Abraham was talking to God and he turned away to entreat these men.  The term LORD and lord have two different meanings here.  The capital LORD is God, the lowercase lord is in reference to "master" as a lord of a land.  You will see that Abraham was talking to God, the angels come up and eat and talk with Abraham, then when they leave, Abraham is still talking to God. 

IF this was a reference of God showing himself as a man, then for sure there were two angels and one God, but I don't think it was God himself since no man can look a the face of God and live.  It is more than likely the 3rd angel who didn't show up to Sodom was only sent to tell Abraham of his baby.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@DavidAZZ
@Mr.BrotherDThomas
 Tradesecret wrote @  DavidAZZ

The Trinity is eternal.#57
😂
For someone that  brags that he  studies and translates ancient languages -including ancient Greek-  into English, the Reverend Tradesecret seems to have forgotten that the early church had adopted the idea of the trinity from Platonic and Greek philosophy. It (the trinity) is neither biblical nor Christian.
Mr.BrotherDThomas
Mr.BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen.

Addressing your revealing post #67, as we have been accustomed too over the years with Miss Tradesecret's blatant BIBLE STUPIDITY, it will never stop, and we can only be amazed that the membership continues to engage her Bible Duncery®️ all the time as if they were getting the truth of Jesus inspired words, NOT!!

Remember, Miss Tradesecret is only known within this rightful Religion Forum for being so Bible inept, of which she seems to be proud of because she continues in this vein all the time at her embarrassing expense!  Jesus watches Miss Tradesecret's  Bible ineptness all the time (Hebrews 4:13) and definitely has plans for her upon her demise because of her being a LIAR to Jesus' TRUE WORDS as the verse below so states:  

"But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:8)

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mr.BrotherDThomas
Addressing your revealing post #67, as we have been accustomed too over the years with Miss Tradesecret's blatant BIBLE STUPIDITY, it will never stop, and we can only be amazed that the membership continues to engage her Bible Duncery®️ all the time as if they were getting the truth of Jesus inspired words, NOT!!

Well to be perfectly honest Brother D. if I were the Reverend Tradesecret with the knowledge that s/ he alleges to possess- ie his miraculous capability to be able to "memories the bible  from a very early age" and in multiple ancient languages -including ancient Greek and Hebrew and to be able to translate said languages into English, I would be totally embarrassed as to have made those comments concerning the trinity.

I mentioned above that the early church had adopted the idea of the trinity from Platonic and Greek philosophy. It (the trinity) is neither biblical nor Christian.#66

The Reverend Tradesecret must have forgotten that the two kingdoms Judea and Jerusalem/Israel were conquered and ruled by the Greeks for over 500 years and in that time the people of both these kingdoms had become extremally influenced by Greek culture, society, language and GREEK RELIGION and its god/s,  I.E. the Israelites had become "lost sheep" <<<< This is a stone cold fact!

And what else that bible cretin Tradesecret with his amazing power to memorize all things biblical,  s/he should know that it was these very "lost sheep"/JEWS, that Jesus had come to reunite and turn back to the roots of their original religion and their true god Yahweh.

Tell me Brother D. ,  what Christian in their right mind  and with the highly educated background in all things religious and biblical and with the full knowledge of both Hebrew and Greek languages and  their respective religions such as the Reverend Tradesecret alleges to have, would  not understand that Jesus in his own words was rejecting everything Greek (and Roman) and trying to tie back these "lost sheep" to their core beliefs? And that the trinity would have been completely alien to Jesus... the JEW.
Simply put;  the idea of the trinity is not a Hebrew belief and neither is it a Jewish belief.

Those poor students are being robbed blind, Brother D

Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@DavidAZZ
To be clear, I do believe in the Bible and believe in God, so my answers are not coming from a hatred of God, but rather a desire to seek him.
Which god do you believe in again? The one of the Bible? And yet you reject the Trinity. Okay. So that leaves which one?

So to respond to all of this is simply that it is not a stretch to see that the Trinity could be a mish-mash of other religious doctrine, especially when the Trinitarian doctrine is not in the Bible.  There are plenty of scriptures that are trying to be figured as such and some really good stretches on some specific words, but no God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost, no three-in-one verse, nothing that states that Jesus Christ was eternal.
Yes, many people have made that same suggestion and many others have denied it.  It is a stretch.  The doctrine of the Trinity flows from eternity and onto every page of the Scriptures.  Jesus as a man was not eternal. Jesus as the Son of God was and remains eternal.  

There is one God, like the Bible states, and there was a savior named Jesus who was the waited for Messiah (the Christ or anointed).  The confusion comes from evil doctrines, made up to gain more church membership.  God is a spirit.  God is not flesh nor a man.  Jesus was begotten.  God made creation by himself, nobody was with him. After death is conquered, Jesus will hand all power back to the Father.  The doctrine of the Trinity sprang in the minds of evil men and not of Godly men.  Want to know who and what God is?  Read the Bible, not various commentary of Catholic tainted people.
Are you a Mormon or a JW? The Doctrine of the Trinity did not spring up in evil minds. Jesus was worshiped by his disciples. He never told them not to do so. Yet the Bible forbids the worship of anyone except God. So if Jesus is the messiah and not god, he was deceitful. 

The church which counts.  Yes, I have read the church fathers. And the question of the victor. Really. what a convenient excuse not to believe the truth? The Roman Catholic Church is not the only church. The Orthodox Church also agrees with it - and so does the Protestant church -which opposed the Catholic Church. I don't have to agree with the Roman Catholic Church to see that the Trinity is true. It's evident in the Scriptures. 
All those churches "agree" with the Trinity, not because it is in the scriptures, but because they are the "daughters" of the Catholic church.  They left the catholic church in one way or another but took with them the man made doctrine:  The Trinity and Trinitarian Baptism.
That is simply a fallacy argument. It's not convenient with your truth. So it must be because they all conspired. The Moroni angel is a man-made doctrine. The secret underwear is another silly superstition. 

Of course you do, what a surprise?  But you miss the points of personality. how do you grieve a power? It's not possible. 
I will look into your question, but in the meantime, you answer how the Holy Ghost is the Father and not "the Father".
Well please look into it. It's a fair question.  And while you are at it, why don't you explain to us when Jesus was ordained as a priest? I have more questions to ask after you have addressed these ones. 

don't forget that when Abraham was around - three so called angels appeared - looking like men. Each of them - took on the role of the LORD in their words and their attitude.  

It's a simple picture but it actually provides an interesting picture. why were there three so called people looking like men? And how does it relate to TRINITY?
Ask any Jewish rabbi this same question, as they do not believe in a triune god either.  They were specifically angels and not Gods.  Abraham was talking to God and he turned away to entreat these men.  The term LORD and lord have two different meanings here.  The capital LORD is God, the lowercase lord is in reference to "master" as a lord of a land.  You will see that Abraham was talking to God, the angels come up and eat and talk with Abraham, then when they leave, Abraham is still talking to God.  

Actually, I first read that one in a book by a former Mormon. I laughed at the time and thought - where did this come from? Yet, in a more thorough reading of the passages it is clearly more to it than just saying one was the Lord - in the flesh and the other two were angels.  Also asking a Jew today about these stories is just a little self-serving. They don't believe Jesus was the messiah, let alone God. And they would never TODAY consider the Trinity to be a possibility.  Even though their ancestors did.