Conspiracy Theories are Spoilers?

Author: ADreamOfLiberty

Total: 105
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@WyIted
It's like when you beat the shit out of your wife, but the pitbull comes into the house from taking a shit. He isn't intentionally keeping you from finishing the ass whooping, but you aren't going to finish it in his presence
Nope. Still not understanding what you are trying to say. Especially if it concerns the deep state and some kind of explanation why you believe there is a deep state and exactly what it is and who is in it.

I mean if your saying everyone in the government is part of the deep state by virtue of the fact they are government officials and elected government office holders it just makes no sense.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@WyIted
It's like when you beat the shit out of your wife, but the pitbull comes into the house from taking a shit. He isn't intentionally keeping you from finishing the ass whooping, but you aren't going to finish it in his presence....

You are very generous to offer free online IQ tests.
RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
-->
@WyIted
Not a single liberal will apologize for calling trump a liar when he said his campaign was spied on. 
This is because someone can be a liar and not have done one specific lie, even if you call them that while some of your group 'say something'.

Let me just get this straight...

You believe every Liberal-identified person in politics in the US said Trump lied about being spied on, you believe every time they called him a liar while that was being said (that he was lying about being spied on) that they only mean that's why he's a liar?

You believe he is owed a deep deep apology for that... How about realising that he himself never apologised when the Central Park Five were found innocent.

He was wrong about many things many times but why this is very important is I want to understand if that trait (not apologising when wrong) is aggravated by you more when 5 are abused by cops blackmailed into false testimony, Trump stays good friends with the Prosecutor of them to this day.

Just two weeks after the Central Park attack, before any of the boys had faced trial and while Meili remained critically ill in a coma, Donald Trump, whose office on Fifth Avenue commanded an exquisite view of the park’s opulent southern frontier, intervened.

He paid a reported $85,000 to take out advertising space in four of the city’s newspapers, including the New York Times. Under the headline “Bring Back The Death Penalty. Bring Back Our Police!” and above his signature, Trump wrote: “I want to hate these muggers and murderers. They should be forced to suffer and, when they kill, they should be executed for their crimes. They must serve as examples so that others will think long and hard before committing a crime or an act of violence.”

Salaam, now 41, cannot remember exactly where he was when he first saw the ads. He had no idea who Trump was. “I knew that this famous person calling for us to die was very serious,” he recalled.

“We were all afraid. Our families were afraid. Our loved ones were afraid. For us to walk around as if we had a target on our backs, that’s how things were.”

All five minors had already been paraded in front of the cameras and had their names and addresses published, but Salaam said he and his family received more death threats after the papers ran Trump’s full-page screed. On a daytime TV show two days later, a female audience member called for the boys to be castrated and echoed the calls for the death penalty if Meili died. Pat Buchanan, the former Republican White House aide, called for the oldest of the group, Wise, to be “tried, convicted and hanged in Central Park by June 1”.

“Had this been the 1950s, that sick type of justice that they wanted – somebody from that darker place of society would have most certainly came to our homes, dragged us from our beds and hung us from trees in Central Park. It would have been similar to what they did to Emmett Till,” Salaam said.

Kharey Wise in court when he was arraigned in the Central Park jogger case. Photograph: NY Daily News Archive via Getty ImagesAll five boys pleaded not guilty at trial the following year. The prosecution’s case rested almost entirely on the confessions they had given shortly after the incident. As would become crucial later on, there was no DNA evidence linking any of them to the crime scene and Meili, who made a miraculous recovery and testified in court, could not remember any details of the attack.

The jury found all five boys guilty. The court condemned them to prison to serve sentences ranging from five to 10 years and five to 15 years. Wise, who had remained in the city’s notorious Rikers Island jail, was sentenced as an adult.

Michael Warren, the veteran New York civil rights lawyer who would later come to represent the Central Park Five, is certain that Trump’s advertisements played a role in securing conviction.

“He poisoned the minds of many people who lived in New York and who, rightfully, had a natural affinity for the victim,” said Warren. “Notwithstanding the jurors’ assertions that they could be fair and impartial, some of them or their families, who naturally have influence, had to be affected by the inflammatory rhetoric in the ads.”

Rather than insert any of my own opinion of this guy here, tell me what you think of someone who does all that and doesn't at all apologise when all 5 are found framed and innocent and tell of the police brutality and other things that game their way to coerce them into confessing to crimes they didn't commit, having lost 4-13 years of their respective lives to the case (different guys were sentences differently).

He says 'there were bad people on both sides'. I believe their race probably played into why he was so sure they did it as well but that's besides the point.

He doesn't apologise for his biases or ill-thought-out ways of going on unconfirmed opinions and conclusions on others. He viciously pursues that and always has. This guy you admire and defend, you expect much better apologising and behaviour from others right?

It doesn't add up.
WyIted
Debates: 12
WyIted
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain

I mean if your saying everyone in the government is part of the deep state by virtue of the fact they are government officials and elected government office holders it just makes no sense.
No, it's representative of a certain mentality that has taken hold. If anyone is claiming an organized conspiracy they are incorrect. If they are claiming all billionaires, leaders in government institutions or politicians are deep state, they are incorrect. 

Nope. Still not understanding what you are trying to say. Especially if it concerns the deep state and some kind of explanation why you believe there is a deep state and exactly what it is and who is in it.
When the word deepstate is stated, the person stating it is usually referring to what James Burnham calls the managerial elite which comprise a lot of people in government and fortune 509 positions, but deepstate clearly is just the portion entrenched in government.  https://americanaffairsjournal.org/2017/02/james-burnhams-managerial-elite/

It's not organized. It's not intentional. It's just a result of the natural ebbs and flows of society and criticism of a deepstate is just a easy way to make burnham's hypothesis more digestible to the masses. 
WyIted
WyIted
RM,

I guess you bring up a good point by saying g that just because he was telling the truth in one instance it doesn't make him a liar. They should atleast admit he was correct in that instance though

As far as the central park 5 is concerned, they were guilty of being part of the group that attacked that jogger. If one person is guilty of attacking her but 10 others stand around and cheer it on, then obviously she will be afraid to fight back and defend herself and any onlookers will be afraid to rescue her when a large crowd of people are on the side of the attackers. 

Those kids aren't innocent. They were engaging in mob violence and criminal activity. If you have 5 people do a bank robbery but only one of them kill the teller when it is done and over with, all 5 get charged with murder. 

Perhaps their punishment was disproportionate to the crime, but they absolutely were engaged in criminal behavior and deserved to lose at least a few years of their life for it. 

*anyone wondering why I have not tagged RM, he blocked me due to apparently saying g trump was truthful in one instance and giving him a warm welcome. Take that as a reflection on his character however you will
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WyIted
*anyone wondering why I have not tagged RM, he blocked me due to apparently saying g trump was truthful in one instance and giving him a warm welcome. Take that as a reflection on his character however you will
I blocked him because Wylted has for years done everything to get a rise of any user he can and recently tagged me in a gore video he illegally linked on a site open to those aged under 18 (this website) to a son that murdered his father due to political allegiance, trying to trigger me on many fronts and also made a thread to remove me from the hall of fame.

I won't speak further on this, Wylted knows this is why I blocked him and made the very post I reply to to gaslight and trigger me, ask what kind of character he is. This is consistent with who he's always been here, enough said. If you don't block a user like that, you're a fool.

As far as the central park 5 is concerned, they were guilty of being part of the group that attacked that jogger. If one person is guilty of attacking her but 10 others stand around and cheer it on, then obviously she will be afraid to fight back and defend herself and any onlookers will be afraid to rescue her when a large crowd of people are on the side of the attackers. 
Similarly (if we talk about wrong to call Trump a liar), since I actually anticipated this comeback, Trump is a guilty scumbag in many other ways than saying he was spied on and lies more than he tells the truth.

Those kids aren't innocent. They were engaging in mob violence and criminal activity. If you have 5 people do a bank robbery but only one of them kill the teller when it is done and over with, all 5 get charged with murder. 
They were innocent of what they got sentenced for beaten by cops and charged with, what's worse is the real rapist(s) was/were free and the cops and prosecutor couldn't care less until the main rapist himself told it (idk if there were multiple still confused on that front).

Perhaps their punishment was disproportionate to the crime, but they absolutely were engaged in criminal behavior and deserved to lose at least a few years of their life for it. 
Trump wanted them all killed, he didn't care the real rapist(s) were free, he didn't care he was wrong later either. This is a much worse scenario than being wrong about Trump lying about being spied on during his campaign and he outright refuses to apologise for all the media and other ways he pushed the cause of executing these boys for the crime another committed.

He never said sorry.

You follow?

Does that bother you? If not, you're just a hypocrite, confused or both.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@WyIted
No, it's representative of a certain mentality that has taken hold. If anyone is claiming an organized conspiracy they are incorrect. If they are claiming all billionaires, leaders in government institutions or politicians are deep state, they are incorrect. 
Well I think if you talk to people who believe in the deep state they would not agree with you.

They don’t think the deep state is a “mentality”.  They do believe it is organized.

When the word deepstate is stated…
Deep State is two words 

just a easy way to make burnham's hypothesis more digestible to the masses.
Well I don’t think the masses digested his hypothesis if he describes it the same way you do.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
They don’t think the deep state is a “mentality”. They do believe it is organized.
I think this is why you do yourself a big disservice by only looking at partisan left wing sources.  No academics on the right are referring to it that way. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WyIted
please name right wing sources you'd consider valid that have referred to the deep state and said it's an organised group as opposed to a mentality?

If you don't name them, you can come later saying that's 'not real right wing'.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@WyIted
No academics on the right are referring to it that way. 
This term isn’t the domain of academics anymore. It has been adopted by the MAGA MORONS 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
please name right wing sources you'd consider valid that have referred to the deep state and said it's an organised group as opposed to a mentality?
Actually he claims the deep state is NOT organized 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Actually he claims the deep state is NOT organized 
yes I want to know what he'll consider a valid academic source that says it's organised.

Then I will find where they say it as literally all references to the deep state by right wing sources address an organised group.
WyIted
WyIted
This guy doesn't call it a the deepstate but Burnham mentioned it in his books by the managerial elite and the term was later changed to "deep state" by the people promoting the ideal currently
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WyIted
But what are these academic right wing sources you say that roosevelt or anyone could use to prove you wrong on that? What sources other than your cherry picked one that you say doesn't refer to deep state in name, could be used to clarify if it's referred to as an organised group or a mentality?
WyIted
WyIted
Where the hell are you guys getting that th deep state is some illuminati organization with secret meetings?

You don't get to discount my source because he comes from a time period where the word did not exist yet. He is referring to the same concept. 

This is like if you provided me a German source and I tried to discredit it because he didn't use the English word for what we are discussing. 

I want a non schizo source from a serious republican that overtly describes the deepstate as an organized illuminati type organization or any sort of organized group for that matter. 
WyIted
WyIted
I am reading through statements by Trump and Dan Bomgino and other popular Republicans on the deep state. I am seeing many references to it but nobody saying exactly what it is or defining it in any sort of way other than by the results of the actions of the various people in the deep state. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WyIted
I want a non schizo source from a serious republican that overtly describes the deepstate as an organized illuminati type organization or any sort of organized group for that matter. 
okay...

Does this count?

WyIted
WyIted
Here is a good source I found. Watching video now to comment

https://www.americanmoment.org/features/unmasking-the-deep-state/
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WyIted

Here is a good source I found. Watching video now to comment

okay,

• Jacob Seigel at Tablet breaks down the Deep State’s deployment of “disinformation” as a tool to manipulate and control the masses. Split into thirteen parts, the piece connects the dots between the 2014 Euromaidan Revolution in Ukraine to ‘Russiagate’ to COVID-19, and the militarization of the bio-medical security state to censor and surveil citizens.
  • Key excerpts:
    • “Since 2016, the federal government has spent billions of dollars on turning the counter-disinformation complex into one of the most powerful forces in the modern world: a sprawling leviathan with tentacles reaching into both the public and private sector, which the government uses to direct a “whole of society” effort that aims to seize total control over the internet and achieve nothing less than the eradication of human error.”
This requires serious organisation, can't just be a mentality.
    • CIA officers at Langley came to share a cause with hip young journalists in Brooklyn, progressive nonprofits in D.C., George Soros-funded think tanks in Prague, racial equity consultants, private equity consultants, tech company staffers in Silicon Valley, Ivy League researchers, and failed British royals. Never Trump Republicans joined forces with the Democratic National Committee, which declared online disinformation ‘a whole-of-society problem that requires a whole-of-society response.'”
How is this a mentality and how is it unorganised?
“The crime is the information war itself, which was launched under false pretenses and by its nature destroys the essential boundaries between the public and private and between the foreign and domestic, on which peace and democracy depend. By conflating the anti-establishment politics of domestic populists with acts of war by foreign enemies, it justified turning weapons of war against American citizens. It turned the public arenas where social and political life takes place into surveillance traps and targets for mass psychological operations. The crime is the routine violation of Americans’ rights by unelected officials who secretly control what individuals can think and say.”
How can you have an information war with only mentality?
“In a technical or structural sense, the censorship regime’s aim is not to censor or to oppress, but to rule. That’s why the authorities can never be labeled as guilty of disinformation. Not when they lied about Hunter Biden’s laptops, not when they claimed that the lab leak was a racist conspiracy, not when they said that vaccines stopped transmission of the novel coronavirus. Disinformation, now and for all time, is whatever they say it is. That is not a sign that the concept is being misused or corrupted; it is the precise functioning of a totalitarian system.”

who is 'they' 'they say it is'?
WyIted
WyIted
How is this a mentality and how is it unorganised?
This is not the type of organization that I am trying to debunk. I am aging that nobody gets together and says "we are the deep state let's get these people"

That is spontaneous organization between like minded people. It's like when me and an my first wife agreed to go to parenting classes together. Neither of us did but when the judge looked at us and asked if thy were completed, she winked at me and we both vouched for each other while remaining enemies. 

It's not the type of conspiracy that occurs from.backroom deals. It is just 2 like minded people behaving in a mutually beneficial way. 

If your statement is that the right believes they are organized to the effect that they agree on a lot and sometimes give each other winks than I will agree that is something I believe as a right wing person.

If you are saying that we believe this is a bunch of backroom deals and behind the scenes hand shakes (beyond what is normal) than I disagree. Obviously I wouldn't exclude the possibility of backroom deals only that these people don't have a type of hierarchy or belong to any official organization, they are merely likeminded people who possess a technocratic thought process. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WyIted
The easiest way to debunk what you're saying is that your claim is the deep state is just people agreeing in a completely non conspiratorial manner without any deals, coercion, bribing etc

Then you are also lying the deep state is evil, corrupt blablabla.

Doesn't add up. Your own source would disagree with you.
WyIted
WyIted
Then you are also lying the deep state is evil, corrupt blablabla.
I would agree that the manifestation of the deepstate as an egregore is evil but not the components of the egregore giving it power. I don't even necessarily mean egregore in a spiritual sense, but it's just hard to wrap words around the concept. 

The people in the deepstate, which I believe is evil, are mostly good people. Well as good as you can expect people to be. 

They likely value stability and incremental change and have a bias for current power structures. It doesn't make them bad people. They are fighting for what they believe is best for America and americans

Doesn't add up. Your own source would disagree with you.
We are interpreting their words differently and we are at an impasse. There is nothing left to debate here. I interpret them one way and you interpret them another. I guess if one of us can rationalize more as to why we interpret th words a certain way than maybe we can open the discussion up more,  but ultimately it's probably like looking at a poem. You can have both sides argue about what it means and never make it anywhere. 

There is nothing gained by this argument. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@WyIted
Thomas Sowell wrote a lot about the problems of the elite managerial class, namely that their position has made it so that to solve any problem would mean for them to lose their jobs, therefore no problem should ever be really solved. You can see how that has manifested in hyper-managed cities where it's impossible to roll back any outdated regulation as it would destroy government jobs. The goal of the managerial class is not to solve problems, but to perpetuate the management. I saw a recent clip of him watching all the Black Leaders upset at the economic gains in the last decade, and his response was on point about the Black Leaders needing to keep those problems alive to ensure their hold on power.

I think I am going to listen to the audio book for Sowell's "Dismantling America"
If you want to read it with me, we can discuss the points about the book later.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@WyIted
Thomas Sowell's books shine a spotlight on the tendency of the managerial class to prioritize the perpetuation of their own power and influence over actually solving problems. Those in positions of authority have vested interests in maintaining the status quo as a priority, even if it means avoiding effective solutions to pressing issues. The managerial class is driven to expand bureaucracy, regulations, and government intervention as a means of consolidating their control and increasing their authority. The googleable data proves that the elites tend to focus on the bureaucratic process rather than societal outcomes with little regard for whether policies or programs actually achieve their stated intended goals. The goal is the continuation of the process.

Sowell's arguments, if you watch the various available youtube clips of his interviews, contends that the managerial class are more interested in preserving their own positions of authority and influence than they are interested in genuinely addressing societal problems or improving the lives of ordinary citizens. Sowell constantly warns against the dangers of bureaucratic Redtape and the inevitable stifling of innovation and efficiency that results from an overly centralized and top-down approach to governance. It should come to no surprise that deep researchers like Sowell can academically prove that too much central management is both inefficient and ineffective. Anyone that studied historical societies would know that axiomatically.

Knowing this, any threat to "the process" is a threat to the managerial class, and they will use all the power they have and any means available, legal or otherwise, to prevent that outcome. The Rubric is clear on this. It's a matter of self-preservation over the good of the Nation, simple them vs us.

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Greyparrot
I will read it with your have time at work
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Greyparrot
Knowing this, any threat to "the process" is a threat to the managerial class, and they will use all the power they have and any means available, legal or otherwise, to prevent that outcome. The Rubric is clear on this. It's a matter of self-preservation over the good of the Nation, simple them vs us.
What's going to be fun is watching this process play out with AI when it improves. I will literally be able to just download a $5 AI to be a personal trainer and nutritionist ans the people who get replaced will fight like how to explain how dangerous it is because the AI can be dangerously misapplied because it would alow me the freedom to have a lot of input into my own training. 

Wait until it can give me great legal advice on the cheap while lawyers fight like hell in the courts to paint the advice as dangerous. 

Give me a solid reason I can't use some annoying AI voice attached to a LLM to defend me in court for a subscription price model? 

Thats the one thing that will always keep a man from being honest, even to himself. Co.ing between him and his source of income. 

When is the last time you talked to a cab driver? I still use traditional taxis for airport service though I lean on uber for anything else. These people think it is legitimately dangerous that non professional drivers can give me a lift, and while they discuss this with me they will simultaneously be tailgating g the car in front of them, cutting people off and refusing to use a turn signal. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@WyIted
If any person deeply indoctrinated in the dogma of the left-tribe ever asks you again to explain what the deep state is, just redirect them to this ageless clip that will forever be the quiet part screamed out loud.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@WyIted
I am seeing many references to it but nobody saying exactly what it is or defining it in any sort of way
Exactly, because it doesn’t exist. It’s just a hair brained conspiracy theory of the wack jobs.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@WyIted
If any person deeply indoctrinated in the dogma of the left-tribe ever asks you again to explain what the deep state is, just redirect them to this ageless clip that will forever be the quiet part screamed out loud.
Apparently the idiot GP thinks the deep state is the intelligence community.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
The IC is overseen by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI), which is headed by the director of national intelligence (DNI) who reports directly to the president of the United States.[1][2] The IC was established by Executive Order 12333 ("United States Intelligence Activities"), signed on December 4, 1981, by President Ronald Reagan.[3] The statutory definition of the IC, including its roster of agencies, was codified as the Intelligence Organization Act of 1992 (Pub. L.Tooltip Public Law (United States) 102–496H.R. 5095, 106 Stat. 3188).[4]

Oh by the way, the Intelligence Community was created by………..Ronald Reagan!