What happened to this MEEP?

Author: ADreamOfLiberty

Total: 30
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty

It seemed to get the votes, but people are still acting like the rules haven't changed. Why?
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
It unfortunately did pass. They have changed, that's part of why banning IWRA was so difficult. :)

Ironic as Wylted was the one pushing hardest for his ban the whole time.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
Ok...

Then shouldn't the code of conduct link be updated? I mean we have people thinking that Best.Korea's 10/12/2022 ban could be repeated:
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
you're talking about a troll who probably doesn't hate Jews and is mocking everything about the site, including Wylted, replying to a thread from Wylted, an actual antisemite on an antisemitic thread.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
I'm talking about the apparent limbo the rules are in. They need to be clearly posted.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
But that's fundamentally impossible since Wylted being the fantastic genius he is pushed in that very thread for more vagueness and far more flexibility in the mod's discretion to bend any ban any direction. They both can't as easily ban for severely distasteful or abusive posts and yet can do this at any stage if they say it's not done in the right spirit of debate.
WyIted
Debates: 11
WyIted
Ironic as Wylted was the one pushing hardest for his ban the whole time.
His daily behavior is a bankable offense. The meeting explicitly bans personal attacks but expands the definition of free speech. 

The meep had the dual purpose of increasing freedom of speech and decreasing personal attacks and disrespect to foster a more welcoming environment. 

I won't comment too much but while I was still I the mod chat it was agreed that certain behavior was problematic. WA a bankable offense and should result in a permaban. There was no follow through 
WyIted
WyIted
I am an antisemite 

Why do I feel like I am the only one supporting the jews defending themselves from hamas between us?

And you are conflating hamas and Palestine and defending hamas in the process. I assumed that was your stance but I could be wrong and hope I have not misattributed the belief to you
WyIted
WyIted
The mods need flexibility to a certain extent and thy need to be on board with changes to the COC. So no I wasn't about to handcuff them in the meep proposal
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WyIted
No I am not. I have been against Hamas and even Islam in general for years.

I wasn't even on the site discussing this entire thing. Genocide or 'accidental' massacre the death toll is ~30k and includes children. Those alive are in absolute hell since early October. That's a separate topic to you saying all the things you have about Jews over your years on here and DDO.

I can oppose a religion and still see wrong in a massacre. I don't really understand what you're even saying anyway. I think you're very confused about me and my stances. I don't tend to dislike people but ideas. Some people I of course despise, you are one of them, that doesn't tend to be based on their religion unless they're severe about it.
WyIted
WyIted
Like it or not the people of this site also break down into factions and obtaining a majority if the vote means making most people happy. 

I think the meep is an improvement and it has written into the COC that it can be adjusted and the main point is to protect the spirit of the COC which is written into it. 

Anyone who could create a better meep probably could not get mod buy in or a majority of the factions to agree to the new COC
 So kindly fuck off
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WyIted
Yeah ask me to fuck off and then make threads for my attention when I go, saying welcome back, join my mafia game, even trying to remove me from HoF and tag me in a post about a guy beheading his father over political standings in your frenzy of nonsense.

You should be angry, you can run around trolling everyone as you want, I know how to rile you up though.

You say everyone is free to do MEEPs and really change things here, that's a lie. The mods don't give a shit about these CoC cute itty bitty once every 3 year alterations. They barely care if the site dies, if you ask me what I think they deep down feel.

You change it by getting through to them, which I myself could have done in that mod chat potentially but doubt how significantly I could have.

You changed very little, just gave them more leeway to be picky-choosy with their justice hammer here. This thread asked why it hadn't changed, I clarified.

Hope it was worth whatever you paid Vermin Supreme and for the gift cards.
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
we have people thinking that Best.Korea's 10/12/2022 ban could be repeated:
Well, I oppose to Best.Korea being banned.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Besides, you would probably miss me like I miss polytheist witch.

She was the best troll, much better than I could ever dream of becoming.

Her way of making a big deal out of something ordinary was just beautiful.

And she did it in just few words, where I usually have to put much more effort.

She got herself banned because she was bored of this site and didnt have significant competition.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Best.Korea
Shocking.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
If the aim of trolling is to rile others up, you are better than polytheist witch was.
WyIted
WyIted
Yeah ask me to fuck off and then make threads for my attention when I go, saying welcome back, join my mafia game, even trying to rem
ove me from HoF and tag me in a post about a guy beheading his father over political standings in your frenzy of nonsense.
Let me make this clear. I don't like you. I also know 2 things.

1. Your presence is good for the site

2. Yoy are a narcissist 

Knowing the 2 things I got your attention so you would come back because I care more about the site than I do about pwning you
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WyIted
That's cool, I came back because I was sure this fits with my real life healthily now and that I am immune to the addiction and drama.

I also know what everyone here thinks for me now, good or bad, thanks to events that unfolded. This lets me happily never run for anything again.

Your threads caught my attention because of how dead the site is and me checking every couple days after quitting nonstop start of Sep through to Nov (zero peeking or whatever). Around December I got curious now and again.

I noticed the debate section slightly less dead around early Feb, your thread didn't revive me. I did ask WF off here what exactly is going on with your tagging to gore being allowed.

I intentionally didn't join while you made your attention whore thread about removing me from HoF, to ensure this bullshit of you thinking I returned for you doesn't hold.

I was already chatting a bit to WF in Jan, I had plans to potentially rejoin to scratch the debating itch since December. This was not about you.

If you see the rate of debates and know my RL situation esp psychologically, I waited until I was sure it is worth rejoining, that I am ready for things here and that the worthless shitstain that had to use serial votebombing, gaslighting and outright bullying to feel slightly less bad about himself was not returning which I am still disgusted he wasn't permabanned for after all the shit he did.

All these things came together in how sure I was of them, around Jan to Feb. Hence when I eventually rejoined being mid Feb.
WyIted
WyIted
Just a coincidence . Well maybe but ask Ragnar for a screen shot of my PM after all of those tags. I told him you will be back now and said you're welcome to him. I think youbwere back less than 48 hours after I PMed him that. 

Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
It seems that enforcement against toxic users has tightened some, but not to the desired level. Roosevelt should’ve been temp banned at least a year ago. Heck, TWS’s temp ban (the one he got before being permabanned over an alt he created to evade the temp ban) was a bit overdue (I’m still thankful for it, though).

There are a few other users on my shit list when it comes to toxicity, but they don’t demonstrate the point as well as Roosevelt (I think of them as diet Roosevelts, on either side of the political spectrum). I also don’t think it’s worth mentioning them here.
WyIted
WyIted
Tws and Roosevelt were so similar I just assumed they were alts for the longest time.  Both are toxic users. Both display the same behavior but only one is punished. I think the mods are usually fair. They don't make rulings based on ideology  for the most part, and though I have less trust of oromagi this is a problem that existed prior to him becoming a mod. 

I also felt like despite the similarity between the personal attacks of TWS and Roosevelt that Roosevelt's were slightly worse. 

TWS had generic attacks like "idiot" while Roosevelt makes his more personal . I mentioned that I managed a fast food place before so he calls me an Applebee's employee as an insult . Let's ignore the fact that there is nothing wrong with working at Applebee's. He also continually called GP a substitute teacher as a way to mock him. Also another untrue thing but even if it were true there is literally nothing wrong with being a substitute teacher. 

TWS never got that personal. Maybe it is because Roosevelt chooses his targets more precisely. TWS insulted everyone and Roosevelt targets in a more specific way. 

I do think it's also a behavior that chases off new users. Between him and TWS we have probably chased off a good 20 people who would be making positive contributions to the discussions here  
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Mharman
There are a few other users on my shit list when it comes to toxicity, but they don’t demonstrate the point as well as Roosevelt (I think of them as diet Roosevelts, on either side of the political spectrum). I also don’t think it’s worth mentioning them here.
I dont see this at all. A legitimately just see one person who attacks people like this. 

If you re referring to people like me or RM, you are just off base. When RM does attack me for instance. He uses instances of my actual behavior that he disagrees with. So it isn't a personal attack. There are no Roosevelt lights on the site. He is the only person here that I see making the types of personal attacks that are problematic.  

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WyIted
Imo problem is frequency of it most of all. He is both very active and very toxic, combine that and it's a problem.

That's all I'll say.

Very active and slightly toxic can be okay and rarely active but very toxic is how polytheist witch operated and got away with it as the lack of consistent activity as she took frequent hiatuses, made her seem okay
WyIted
WyIted
Yeah I can agree with all of that. If h was that level of toxic and infrequent poster I would even urge the mods to continue to ignore ore him. I urged it with polytheist witch.

Although that did backfire on me because she made me look like an idiot for advocating fo her and even attacked me for doing so. Before she left we were being cordial in PMs though and starting to build a small friendship. 
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Mharman
There seems to be a misunderstanding as to what motivated me to go find this thread. It wasn't any lack of IWRA being banned, it's the fact that two members were acting like some rule was hanging over their speech (specifically about the range of positions they can hold).

New rules or old: IWRA constantly bringing up purported dead family out of nowhere is obviously a violation.

In regards to the range of positions allowed: Old rules could be interpreted to ban any non-pacifists and anything more controversial. New rules allow people to be open antisemites and say children can consent.

There is a difference between arguing for what most would consider toxic conclusion and being toxic to debate itself (with pure fallacies and personal vitriol).
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
it's the fact that two members were acting like some rule was hanging over their speech
Well, there are plenty of rules limiting my speech.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@WyIted
I’m not referring to you or RM
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
The mods are very busy and like our activity waxes and wanes so does theirs. It might get you a quicker answer to tag them here and to PM them. 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WyIted
Perpetual wane it seems like if we see how little they actually post or debate. It makes sense though because only boring users get to be mods here (and most places, actually).
WyIted
WyIted
I wonder why that is. I don't think the boring people who happen to be more cautious with their words are necessarily going to be better at the job but they always seem to get it.