Author: ILikePie5

Read-only
Total: 512
WyIted
Debates: 22
WyIted
-->
@Best.Korea
There are always wagons on me, in every game. In a way, it has become tradition so it doesnt need to be explained.
Every game everybody gets a wagon at some point. Why do you suppose it happened thus specific time?
Best.Korea
Debates: 299
Best.Korea
-->
@WyIted
Ask those who voted me, as I dont see why would I have to justify why someone voted me, since that is literally nonsense, but I assume they have personal issues with me, as I have often trolled each person who voted me there, so this is kind of their little "payback", as they are aiming to lynch me first every game unless a more obvious target appears or unless RM talks some sense into them, yet I dont mind being lynched as I am not any significant role, and the only problem would be town wasting lynch.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@JoeBob
I am usually like this. I know what’s going on until there is paragraphs upon paragraphs  of words in every post for pages and pages
And that’s when I loose track of what’s going on.

Not really an excuse. Every mafia game is gonna have paragraphs and paragraphs of posts. Back in the day many games would reach over 1k post day phases. If you can’t keep up you shouldn’t sign up for it, but I am more likely to find  your “interested” disinterest scummy. Posting as you have makes it look like you’re “active and responding” to prompts while not contributing. Even without being fully read as town you should be at least skeptical of people and their intentions. I don’t buy your excuse and find you a bit scummy sir.
WyIted
Debates: 22
WyIted
Just skip the posts and jump in. You can always catch up later
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Lunatic
Ok I’ll try to keep up from now on
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
I never addressed it, but I don't get WyIted's softclaim. The way he's phrasing it is that we as a group will somehow benefit from lynching GP based on his role. I can't tell if that's because his role/wincon are built on killing a TP or if he somehow subsumes the role of someone we kill. It's hard to see a scenario where it benefits town as a whole, rather than just him as an individual. Normally I'd just townread this because there was already a wagon on GP and a decent reason to believe he'd be lynched come the end of the DP, but WyIted pushed ijb to CC me last game despite the fact that I was already copped guilty by RM with the aim of making him look townie for doing it, so I can't dismiss that out of hand. It's a strange move, especially given how late it is, but I'm viewing it as a little scummy at this point.

That being said, killing the TP makes sense to me on a basic level if we don't have any reason to lynch someone else, and right now, I don't. Given that I also think GP's actually the Soldier, I'd say there's more reason to do it considering that he'd likely add a NK. If I'm wrong, we don't lose anything meaningful, though my only concern about doing it at this stage is that we bolster WyIted somehow. At minimum, I think it's better than a NL. 
JoeBob
JoeBob
I’m almost done with page 1. Austin brought up a good point. What is GP is jester? His fakeclaim is prophet, and this whole thing is to win on the first day. Greyparrot is smart enough(I would hope so) to know that if he revealed as a third party, people would vote him out. Why else is the literal first post of this day saying he is a third party? It doesn’t add up.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@JoeBob
I’m almost done with page 1. Austin brought up a good point. What is GP is jester? His fakeclaim is prophet, and this whole thing is to win on the first day. Greyparrot is smart enough(I would hope so) to know that if he revealed as a third party, people would vote him out. Why else is the literal first post of this day saying he is a third party? It doesn’t add up.
I don't buy that. I think if he wanted to be lynched, it would have been easier to either just say he was scum or to select a different role that was basically an auto-lynch. Claiming a TP and specifically claiming Prophet is not nearly that automatic. He has pulled tricks before, including one game where he was a Mine and used it to get a quick kill and end the first DP (don't ask me which game, this was a while back), but this seems different, especially since he didn't open with the "it doesn't matter if I die" line, but brought it in quite a bit later. It doesn't add up that he's the Jester, and, while this might be a bit of mod-psych, I just don't buy that Pie would have a Jester in this game. There's something up with his claim, but I don't think that's it.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@whiteflame
I still have PTSD over being a mine.
JoeBob
JoeBob
Even if he isn’t jester, I still think he is lying about his role.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@JoeBob
Even if he isn’t jester, I still think he is lying about his role.
Agreed, and I think he's already told us what his role actually is.

JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@whiteflame
Which is?
JoeBob
JoeBob
Soilder?
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@JoeBob
Soilder?
Soldier, but yes, I believe so.
JoeBob
JoeBob
I’m also scumreadimg BK
His playstyle is different than the other games I played with him, and his actions have been scummy.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@whiteflame
Assume you are right that I am a soldier (I had to look it up, I believe it means essentially 1x bulletproof)

That just means Scum would be a bit more motivated to get me lynched to get to their plurality.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Greyparrot
Assume you are right that I am a soldier (I had to look it up, I believe it means essentially 1x bulletproof)

That just means Scum would be a bit more motivated to get me lynched to get to their plurality.
That's not how I've seen it when I look at the usual sites. Soldier doesn't come off as a defensive role, but rather an alternative name for Vig. Maybe that's not how Pie did it here, but if that's what your research brought up, then you're either not searching very broadly or you're deliberately excluding the most likely way the role works.

Considering that you're not particularly helpful in affecting that plurality, not to mention you have absolutely no incentive to work with town, I'm willing to take my chances.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@whiteflame
I can look at your source.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Greyparrot
Is that a request to get my source? Sincerely not sure.
whiteflame
whiteflame
Right now, if I'm correct, GP is at 3 votes. Right now, I see no reason to go with a vote against anyone else. I don't really get what JoeBob sees as scummy from BK, but it's not enough for me to VTL him. A NL might have its benefits, but with GP on the table now, I don't see a reason to push off his lynch to a later DP.
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@whiteflame
Yea. I’m not seeing BK scummy enough for me to vote him today or any day for that matter, but it’s slight in what I see.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
I'm not a big fan of how Joebob or Wylted have been approaching this, so I might as well jump in with my (running) list of reads, from most to least scummy - again excluding GP, who I'll address at the end.

Wylted:
-Leaning scum
-Behaviorally speaking, he has been more reserved than last game
-Pretty lurky
-I'm most sussing him based on his claim. I did a deep dive into roles on MUniverse and MScum and the only roles which specifically benefit if a specific person is lynched is the Condemner (also known as lyncher), which is a TP that gets assigned a target at the beginning of the game to lynch.
-Softclaiming that without actually specifying his role seems like a way to "speed up" a wagon thats already building up some momentum. This is exactly what Wylted did last game with his crappy "daycop" claim. I don't like policy lynching because it allows scum an excuse to vote someone who is, well, not scum.
-Let's assume, for the sake of the argument, that he is a Condemner or similar role. I can actually buy this for a few reasons. First, from Pie's designing point of view, if the role was in the game, it would make the most sense to target another TP, in order to reduce swinginess to either side. Also, I can think of a character who would fit the role character.

Joebob:
-Lean scum
-He seems to be lurking opportunistically, and posting "just enough" in order to not be pressured as an inactive. Yes, I get that reading through pages and pages of posts is a lot, but you can't tell me that it's not possible to skim and get 80% of the information in a quarter of the time.
-His posts reek of the "look at me, I'm so town" sort of vibe. In particular, I view the "catching up" thing as a scumtell; a town player has no worry of being scumread and will simply wait a bit before posting, while a scum player, especially a newb one, can feel pressure even when there is none.
-"I’m almost done with page 1." (I'm so town!)
-"What is GP is jester?" (weird theory, I guess we can give him some lenience because he doesn't know Jester is a bastard role, but still)
-"His playstyle is different than the other games I played with him, and his actions have been scummy." (Scumreading players on a bandwagon without any particular reasons. Could be sheeping, but his evolving meta in the past few games gives me the impression he wants to break out of that. So why return to it?)

Barney:
-Slight scum
-He could just be lazily skimming, but Barney doesn't strike me as the kind of person to do things by halves.
-His sussing of BK really makes no sense. When I asked him questions regarding BK, he dodged half of them; when I gave him important information and asked him to reconsider his opinion, he dodged them again.
-It feels like he's hoping I'll quietly forget about the issue and focus on GP.
-On the other hand, it would be easier for him to just "change his mind" upon seeing the info I gave him and pretend he was skimming, so that's why I'm only slight scumreading him.

Earth:
-Null
-Inactives are inactives.

Pt 2 coming up soon bc my class period is ending in a jiffy.

Lunatic
Lunatic
Here’s my reads. Don’t try to argue with me on on them because they aren’t concrete yet and many have switched a couple times. These are vibes and feelings more or less.

Austin- Austin is playing how I would be playing if I was scum. Asking a lot of questions, trying to look townie, but it doesn’t feel like he actually is questioning people with the intention to understand. I feel like his questions are pointed and designed to provoke a reaction that he can use and expand on to to try and make someone look a certain way rather than seeming genuinely curious. When he questioned me about my townrrad on whiteflame it felt like he was purposely missing the point over and over again to try and harp on a detail I got wrong about whiteflame being “well researched” which obviously wasn’t the point at all. You see him doing the same thing with Barney really being manipulative with the questioning and unnecessary aggressive like he’s trying to force Ragnar to make a slip or contradiction, instead of acknowledging that Ragnar can scum read someone and not want to lynch someone at the same time. The scum hunting tactics that Austin is using just don’t feel real or authentic to me. Granted I’m not used to his playstyle.

Joebobs inactivity despite his promise to be active strikes me scummy, I expect scum to know what in the in if they have an active partner as well, he seems just interested enough to respond to prompts while using “lengthy posts” as an excuse not to stay active and participating. I can see him having a scum role that he is just interested in playing and hoping to play the bare minimum in the first few phases.

Barney I disagree with his FOS on BKreasons stated but he doesn’t seem over eager to lynch him so for now I’m mostly null on him.

Supadudz feels authentic to me even if I disagree with some of his reads like on whiteflame, his reasoning at least makes sense and the way he is coming to conclusions feels natural for a scum hunting townie supa.

Greyparrot, I believe his claim. I’m not overeager to lynch him though I don’t care if we lynch him at day phase end if we don’t have time to lynch a scum read. I am very interested in his wagon though and I feel like mafia would be on that one (town would too but I don’t see the urgency for town to participate in it this early).

Wylted, mostly null on but his honesty about being on greyparrot makes me not suspect him as much, if he is scum the honesty act plays me a bit and I’ll have to keep that in mind in future games.

Earth I feel scum lean on because of his inactivity, bandwagoning and general lack of scum hunting. Though tbh in the games I’ve played with him he kind of always does this so could be lazy town.

BK I don’t really know his playstyle. His claim seems legit based on some research is did. His behavior is atrocious but I can’t hold that against him yet because he was town last game and simped everything RM did and said so I am gonna have to keep an eye out for him on how he plays. I haven’t really agreed with much of anything they’ve said this day phase but confirmation bias doesn’t necessarily mean scum.

Tomorrow I will re analyze all my reads and try to find a better lynch target than GP. If I can’t or don’t have the time I’d settle for GP, but it feels lazy to me. Been working a lot so I don’t have the time to scum hunt the way I really like to, I can only use my phone at work and posting from my phone is tiresome. Hopefully tomorrow will be slow enough at work I can hard focus the game a little better
Lunatic
Lunatic
Forgot whiteflame in that but my town read on him is the same from earlier 
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Lunatic
I usually play very aggressively as town, for what it's worth - this is just my typical play. I think successful scumhunting relies on a mixture of pressure and analysis, and I'm not that great at the latter
JoeBob
JoeBob
What is GP is jester?" (weird theory, I guess we can give him some lenience because he doesn't know Jester is a bastard role, but still)
You do realize I expanded on your idea? I gave my side on something you said.

Scumreading players on a bandwagon without any particular reasons
I’m going to explain that in the next post I make. I’m going to give my reads and why.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@AustinL0926
Noted. I’m also coming off a very long mafia break so my ability to read people is a bit rusty and I’m trying not to hyperanalyze things. I tend to latch on to a thing I think is scummy and then hyper focus everything into a scum tell based on that thing so I’m trying to not get carried away and be open minded here as well
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Lunatic
-Null/lean town
-Don't have a lot to go off of, but his aggressiveness reminds me of how he played in the previous game.

Vader
-Null/lean town
-See above, going in with guns blazing feels to aggressive to be scum.

Best.Korea
-Lean town
-Despite what some people are claiming, I just simply don't buy that he simultaneously came up with a convincing fakeclaim and then forgot the basic details of it. The only way I could see it making sense is if Pie gave scum a role and char claim, but even then, it would still require a substantial amount of research to find a key character detail and connect it closely to a niche role.
-Behaviorally speaking, all over the place but with BK it doesn't count for much.

Whiteflame
-Slight town (initially lean town, but I realized that it's actually quite hard to read him)
-He seems to be putting in quite a bit of effort into analyzing behavior
-Pushing GP could be seen as scummy (he's been doing it all DP), but I think he's pushing for a legitimate reason

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@JoeBob
You do realize I expanded on your idea? I gave my side on something you said.
Wait a sec, when did I mention Jester? I'm pretty sure I never even entertained the idea, considering how absolutely bastard of a role it is.

Lunatic
Lunatic
Interesting you thought I was aggressive in the last game. I thought I was actually pretty passive. I had BK as a scum read in that game based on his character not fitting his role and some other factors and I never even needed up voting for him or leading his lynch