Stop electing tech illiterate politicians (except Trump)

Author: WyIted

Total: 110
WyIted
Debates: 14
WyIted
Everyone post more videos of tech illiterate politicians but please watch this video and just Atchison other videos in the thread if you are ever feel tempted to not be cynical about politicians. 

Also if you think we should expand the size and scope of Government than spend a few hours watching these people interview Mark Zuckerberg. And if you still feel the same way after. Avoid reproducing. 

Post clips to redpill normies ITT
JoeBob
Debates: 3
JoeBob
What happened to the name change
Best.Korea
Debates: 275
Best.Korea
We need politicians who invest more in innovators and in people of technology.

As right now, in most cases, being an inventor or innovator just means rich people make money from your work and give you a small share of that money as a thank you.

Obviously, societies which punish advancements will always be left behind and historically, any society which opposed progress was left behind while societies which accepted progress prospered and conquered those societies which opposed progress, through advanced technology which is only possible with the encouragement of the knowledge and innovation.
RationalMadman
Debates: 569
RationalMadman
Except Trump
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@WyIted
Also if you think we should expand the size and scope of Government than spend a few hours watching these people interview Mark Zuckerberg. And if you still feel the same way after. Avoid reproducing. 
The biggest problem with increasing the size and scope of government is that the ethos of about half the country is that government itself is the problem and then elects people to go so Washington to blow it up.

Imagine how much more effective and productive our government could be if we actually sent people there who were going there to fix problems as opposed to boasting on social media about how they owned the other side. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Double_R
government itself is the problem and then elects people to go so Washington to blow it up.
I believe Nazi Germany also thought the solution was more government control. So I mean when given the option between having literally the same beliefs as Hitler or the same beliefs as Thomas Jefferson shouldn't people choose Jefferson?
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@JoeBob
What happened to the name change
I will finish that up today. My bad. I slept most of the day on my first day off. 
WyIted
WyIted
That's a false dichotomy but he is strawmanning so it's fair. My point of the dangers of elected officials being tech illiterate stands.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WyIted
When I was concerned about that and much more related to them being at an age of dependence you called it ageism.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@RationalMadman
I don't recall that. I also think elderly people don't have to be tech illiterate
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Imagine how much more effective and productive our government could be if we actually sent people there who were going there to fix problems as opposed to boasting on social media about how they owned the other side. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.
The real self-fulfilling prophecy is giving absolute power to esoteric people to make even the most banal of individual decisions for society knowing that absolute power corrupts absolutely. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WyIted
You're reaching for a select minority rn.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WyIted
You're reaching for a select minority rn.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@WyIted
government itself is the problem and then elects people to go so Washington to blow it up.
I believe Nazi Germany also thought the solution was more government control. So I mean when given the option between having literally the same beliefs as Hitler or the same beliefs as Thomas Jefferson shouldn't people choose Jefferson?
So there's appeal to authority, it's opposite (I forget what it's called) where you claim that X must be wrong because person A believes it, and a herring since this is all irrelevant to my point. Impressive.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
The real self-fulfilling prophecy is giving absolute power to esoteric people to make even the most banal of individual decisions for society knowing that absolute power corrupts absolutely. 
There are three branches of government, within one of those branches there are two Chambers, and within each of those Chambers there are at least 100 members who all have equal say over any given piece of legislation. No one in our government has absolute power, so your post is both wrong, a distraction from the point, and not even a complete thought since you never said what the self fulfilling prophecy was (which I'm not interested in since it was irrelevant to begin with).
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Double_R
Have you watched any segment of these hearing longer than 20 minutes?

Have you seen Mark Zuckerberg male these people look absolutely retarded and seen the shock I'm his face at their stupid questions?

There are very good criticisms of Facebook that need addressed but instead we get boomers asking tech giants if tik tok can go into the wifi and pull information off of our printers. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WyIted
#excepttrump

He just says drink/inject bleach to cure COVID instead.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@RationalMadman
He just says drink/inject bleach to cure COVID instead.
MSNBC is not spelled "He"
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@RationalMadman
You know he didn't really suggest drinking bleach right? I watched that press conference and the statement was taken out of context. 
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@WyIted
Have you watched any segment of these hearing longer than 20 minutes?

Have you seen Mark Zuckerberg male these people look absolutely retarded and seen the shock I'm his face at their stupid questions?
I've seen the anecdotes of members of Congress looking stupid because they didn't do their homework and don't understand the basics of how today's technology works. Not sure what your point is. You are acting like these would be the people overseeing the tech sector if the role of government expanded to oversee it. That's not how it works. Lawmakers craft laws addressing the very basics, from there we hire experts in the feild to run the agencies doing the actual work. Politicians spend half their time in Washington fundraising for their next election they wouldn't have much time to get involved.

And to be clear, I'm not advocating for anything here, just explaining how it works.

And a side note here, this is also why a Trump presidency would be so dangerous. You are right about one thing, we don't want politicians getting deeply involved in this kind of stuff. That's why we have career experts, not loyalists to the administration in charge at granular levels. Trump is trying to do away with all of that, which should concern everyone.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Double_R
I've seen the anecdotes of members of Congress looking stupid because they didn't do their homework and don't understand the basics of how today's technology works. Not sure what your point is. You are acting like these would be the people overseeing the tech sector if the role of government expanded to oversee it.
Regulatory agencies are unethical in general and a way created to circumvent congress to pass unpopular laws. It's debatable whether it's even constitutional.

You are right about one thing, we don't want politicians getting deeply involved in this kind of stuff. That's why we have career experts,
You are talking about a technocracy  . It's much better to have competent leadership than to abandon our freedom to be ruled in some technocracy of people who are blind to anything outside of their discipline and who will not balance out regulations with things like freedom. 

It's why phrases like "trust the science" are so stupid. The point is to use experts as advisors not to circumvent your duty to legislate competently 
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@WyIted
You are talking about a technocracy
I am talking about a system in which you have regulatory agencies who are there to specialize and address issues on a granular level while being overseen by the representatives of the society they are overseeing, which is exactly how we would want to go about overseeing industries that need regulating.

It's much better to have competent leadership than to abandon our freedom
What are you talking about? Business regulation =/= a loss of freedom. We have regulations to ensure that businesses are forced to consider and take responsibility for the harm that may come from their business practices.

The freedom to swing your arms ends at someone else's nose. Absolute freedom in a society with other people is not possible.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Double_R
What are you talking about? Business regulation =/= a loss of freedom. We have regulations to ensure that businesses are forced to consider and take responsibility for the harm that may come from their business practices.
Not business regulation but putting it in the hand of a regulatory body s opposed to having congress vote on those regulations. It is a loss of political freedom to take away most of th power voters have to choose what regulations do or do not serve them. 

You also have the issue that regulatory bodies often are revolving doors where billion dollar corporations and those agencies frequently go from working with those industries to the regulatory agency and back and forth. Which also by the way fucks small businesses over because you know those policies favor large business's. 

We also have the fact these regulatory agencies are unconstitutional, unless you can point me to the part of the constitution that gives power to create laws to regulatory agencies. 
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Double_R
Be honest are you a corporate shill who hates American people or are you just brainwashed by large corporations to support policies that harm Americans but help them? 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@WyIted
The Democrat party is the party of the ultra rich, so it could be both.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Greyparrot
I am so glad the fucking frog worshippers are destroying those owl worshippers for now. 
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@WyIted
Not business regulation but putting it in the hand of a regulatory body s opposed to having congress vote on those regulations.
You started this thread on the basis that the people in Congress are wildly unqualified to have any say in what goes on in the tech industry, now you're suggesting they be the ones who decide on each and every individual regulation?

It is a loss of political freedom to take away most of th power voters have to choose what regulations do or do not serve them. 
Voters never had the power to vote on every individual regulation and for good reason, that is a job best left up to experts in the feild.

You also have the issue that regulatory bodies often are revolving doors where billion dollar corporations and those agencies frequently go from working with those industries to the regulatory agency and back and forth. Which also by the way fucks small businesses over because you know those policies favor large business's. 
Then we need to tighten up the screws on what goes on in these agencies. That means more Congressional oversight and DOJ involvement, so defunding the FBI is probably not the best idea here.

There will always be corruption wherever there is power, that is not an excuse to stop regulating industries that need to be regulated.

We also have the fact these regulatory agencies are unconstitutional, unless you can point me to the part of the constitution that gives power to create laws to regulatory agencies. 
The constitution gives lawmakers the power to make laws, and they did that here. This case is already before the SC so we'll see what happens there.

Be honest are you a corporate shill who hates American people or are you just brainwashed by large corporations to support policies that harm Americans but help them? 
This is just plain stupid. The entire point of regulations is to protect consumers from harmful or predatory business practices. If you generally oppose regulations then you are the one promoting the same agenda as the large corporations, that would if anything make you the shill here.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
The Democrat party is the party of the ultra rich, so it could be both.
Correct, the party lead by Manhattan real estate billionaire whose only accomplishments in office were a major tax break for the rich and deregulation of businesses that allowed large corporations to get away with murder is definitely the party of the rich.

Oh sorry, wrong party.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Trump is a very small fish in the billionaire pond. Most of DNC donations are from 2000+ dollar donors.

Most of DNC Congress represent the wealthiest places in America. For the DNC to say they feel for the poor is simply fabricating sympathy pains.

Normal people are done with Billionaire class MSM agents screaming on MSNBC about how oppressed they are in between commutes to their mansions.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Double_R
You started this thread on the basis that the people in Congress are wildly unqualified to have any say in what goes on in the tech industry, now you're suggesting they be the ones who decide on each and every individual regulation?
I suggest we elect tech literate people so that way they are qualified. 

Voters never had the power to vote on every individual regulation and for good reason, that is a job best left up to experts in the feild.

Yes we have and no we shouldn't be slaves to technocrats there needs to be a democratic process and oversights. Prior to the 1920s regulatory agencies didn't even exist and things were fine.

Then we need to tighten up the screws on what goes on in these agencies. That means more Congressional oversight and DOJ involvement, so defunding the FBI is probably not the best idea here.
Tightening screws created that sort of corruption but yes go ahead and keep doing the same thing over and over again and see if you get different results.

There will always be corruption wherever there is power, that is not an excuse to stop regulating industries that need to be regulated.
Exactly and so your solution is to give the government more power? You admit giving them more power makes them more corrupt so why do you want regulatory agencies capturing more power for fewer people is good?

Why not put the power in the hands of the people instead of the technocrats elite and billionaires?

The constitution gives lawmakers the power to make laws, and they did that here. This case is already before the SC so we'll see what happens there
Oh the only ones who rule correctly are the originalist and they don't exist any.ore so regulatory creep will continue.  Besides I have literally seen a few rulings from the Supreme Court where they basically admit they are wrong and justify it by clai
ming something like and you can google this "the bill of rights is not a suicide pact". So essentially saying they will set aside the bill of rights and put the continued existence of the union over constitutional rights. 

This is just plain stupid. The entire point of regulations is to protect consumers from harmful or predatory business practices.
Well I showed you the corruption involved and how it achieves the opposite. 

If you generally oppose regulations then you are the one promoting the same agenda as the large corporations, that would if anything make you the shill

Actually as I have explained in other threads, regulations are often made for the sole purpose of crushing small businesses that can't afford to comply for the purpose of monopolizing industry. There is a reason why Open AIs founder asked for regulation immediately and why Sam Backman fried was working so closely with regulators. It was so they could establish legal monopolies in new industries.

Also check out these facts that disprove you

1. Prior to the FDA Americans got most of their food supply from local businesses. Now most can be traced back to a handful of corporations

2. Prior to heavy banking regulations, 80% of banking was done with small mom and pop banks. Now nearly all banking is done with billion dollar corporations. 

3. Local regulators were used to help form regional monopolies of utility companies

You can't call me a corporate shil while actually having the exact same political positions as Target, Disney, Amazon etc and pushing for regulatory agencies meant to kill market competition.