Stop electing tech illiterate politicians (except Trump)

Author: WyIted

Total: 110
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@WyIted
What is your cope for when javier milei turns Argentina into a first world nation?

Probably a box of tasty wine, drunk slowly over a long period.
WyIted
Debates: 11
WyIted
-->
@Greyparrot
They will look at international patterns and attribute it to some random black swan event
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@WyIted
Policies are either good or bad. Good policies will be good policies in all environments and bad policies will be bad in all environments.
Policies address the problems within a given environment. To argue as if they are divorced from each other makes no sense.

They crushed small businesses. Now we have nothing but big businesses. Then everyone was a business owner, so there is your answer. 
Not following your point here. What crushed small businesses was big businesses, because that's how capitalism works. Think of the mom and pop store that have to pay full wholesale price for a product competing with Walmart who can squeeze their producers to sell it to them below wholesale because they're buying that same product by the millions. Think of a small business owner creating a neat product to sell online until Amazon catches wind of what they're doing, mass produces it and directs it's millions of shoppers to their in house product first. Think of the real estate investor trying to get a loan for an investment property only to have a billionaire investment firm scoop it up for even less because they were able to come along and offer the seller cash.

The more money you have the more powerful you become, the more you are able to leverage that power to gain an advantage over your competition. This is capitalism 101, that's why small businesses are disappearing.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Double_R
Not following your point here. What crushed small businesses was big businesses, because that's how capitalism works.
Nope I showed a direct Correlation to how everything was practically a small business prior to heavy regulations. Unless you re claiming America was not a free market in the 1840s

The more money you have the more powerful you become, the more you are able to leverage that power to gain an advantage over your competition. This is capitalism 101, that's why small businesses are disappearing.
It takes approximately 1 billion dollars to bring a life saving drug to market because of the FDA. How is a small biolab supposed to compete with that? How is that not government interference coming to put small businesses out of service?

Policies address the problems within a given environment. To argue as if they are divorced from each other makes no sense.
All problems in society would come from improper governance. So by correcting the governance the problem goes away. If a society has a good economy for example all you have to do if you are a country with a bad economy is literally just change your policies to their policies and you have corrected your problem.  
WyIted
WyIted
I am likely to be banmd soon because the mods are calling me a national security threat. But I will respond if I a allowed to come back
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
Everything govt does with regard to legislation and laws should all be done using pen and paper, preferably a quill pen and ink well.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@WyIted
They can have dozens of factors but don't you find it at least a bit odd that the more interventionist American cities are the shittiest
Please define "shittest" and then provide the data which supports your talking point.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Please define "shittiest"
Jimmy Kimmel DESTROYED For Calling America DISGUSTING & Praising Japan!

Double_R
Double_R
@Wylted

What crushed small businesses was big businesses, because that's how capitalism works.
Nope I showed a direct Correlation to how everything was practically a small business prior to heavy regulations. 
And yet correlation =/= causation. I already explained this and went further to explain how the correlation here actuality makes much more sense in reverse.

It takes approximately 1 billion dollars to bring a life saving drug to market because of the FDA. How is a small biolab supposed to compete with that? How is that not government interference coming to put small businesses out of service?
That number sounds over inflated, but regardless it's expensive because drugs have to be proven to work and especially not harm the consumer before putting out there for mass consumption. That's common sense, characterizing that as government coming to put small businesses out of service is ridiculous.

All problems in society would come from improper governance. So by correcting the governance the problem goes away.
Government intention can certainly cause problems, but as a general notion this statement is not only wrong but also illuminating as it sets up an unfalsifiable distaste of government where every problem is blamed on it regardless of reality.

Government policies are responses to problems, which is the entire point of having a government. People and entities are inherently selfish, they're going to do whatever is best for themselves enemy of it comes at the expense of the rest of society itself. Government regulations are nothing more than rules for everyone to make sure they're competing in such a way that is beneficial to everyone. There is nothing inherently wrong or harmful about this, it's a basic necessity given human nature.
Double_R
Double_R
I am likely to be banmd soon because the mods are calling me a national security threat. But I will respond if I a allowed to come back
The site overlords coming for it's president? Debateart is just as fucked up as the country.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Please define "shittiest"
Jimmy Kimmel DESTROYED For Calling America DISGUSTING & Praising Japan!

It never ceases to amaze me how MAGA cultists lose their minds everytime someone criticizes America while feverishly devoting themselves to a man whose entire political schtick is to talk about what failure and embarrassment this country is while also praising the job being done by foreign dictators.

Irony is beyond dead, it's been wiped from memory.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Good, we both agree with Kimmel that liberal cities are shitholes.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
No, just wasn't a point that was intelligent enough or relevant enough to respond to, so I pointed out the glaring hypocrisy instead.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Agreements are more productive than hypocrisy. I relish the moments when I can agree with the radical far left crowd.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Yeah ok bro. If that were true you would provide serious responses instead of the usual irrelevant trollish one liners you are famous for.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Nothing trollish about agreeing with Jimmy Kimmel. If he is objectively right, there is no reason to say he is wrong.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Nothing trollish about agreeing with Jimmy Kimmel. If he is objectively right, there is no reason to say he is wrong.
This is exactly what I mean. Wylted and I were having an adult conversation about whether liberal policies are a detriment to society and you come along plugging in a Jimmy Kimmel bit as of you just made an argument. It's not.

I didn't even watch it because I knew it was going to be some out of context nonsense and I was absolutely right. Kimmel never said anything about liberal cities, he talked about us as a country. Your brain heard that (along with your YouTube propagandists) and plugged in liberal cities in your own because that's all your brain can grasp. It didn't even have to do with government policies, his punch line was that Japanese bathrooms are cleaner than our production rooms... Nothing about that supports your narrative.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Kimmel never said anything about liberal cities,
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Washington and Hamilton and Adams were are Federalists who believed in a strong, proactive, and primary Federal Government 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Double_R
This is exactly what I mean. Wylted and I were having an adult conversation about whether liberal policies are a detriment to society and you come along plugging in a Jimmy Kimmel bit as of you just made an argument. It's not.
That’s because he GP is a genius (sarcasm)