Stop electing tech illiterate politicians (except Trump)

Author: WyIted

Total: 110
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Again, we can just print more money and lower everyone's tax to zero. This is how you become president in America.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

Get the top tax rate back to 92 percent like Eisenhower had.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
You mean 100% like Stalin did.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Well, isn't that the only way to prevent bankruptcy?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
There are many ways. Communism and money printing are just 2 ways. Both are favorites of the radical far left.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Lawfare is now the culture, and the means of the destruction of the establishment. Only the propaganda of the radical far left could have made this happen.
This isn't lawfare, it's the rule of law working exactly as it should. Or honestly, it's the rule of law almost working as it should since Trump continues to get away with things that no other defendant has ever gotten away with.

Everytime you make these claims I notice that you have no legal arguments whatsoever, just assertions of Trump being held accountable as evidence itself that he's being persecuted while ignoring wholecloth his actions and the evidence against him as part of the equation. That's not how math works.

But more telling is what you and all your right wing compatriots do afterwards; just declare that since democrats did it you get to do it to. No one who actually believes in the principals they are feigning outage over would hold that attitude. If you actually cared about the rule of law and were actually bothered that someone was breaking it the response would be to advocate for it to be fixed, not to claim privilege to break it more blatantly than the other side.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Fine, keep trying to jail your political opponent and calling that an equal application of the  law. You can't have it both ways.
FLRW
FLRW

OMG, did GP pay money to Stormy to keep her quite?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Like I said, we can just print more money. Problem solved.

Or, as you put it, "quite" solved.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Sorry, I should have said, did GP pay money to Stormy to keep her quite happy !
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
There are many ways. Communism and money printing are just 2 ways. Both are favorites of the radical far left.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Tru-dat !
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Fine, keep trying to jail your political opponent and calling that an equal application of the  law. You can't have it both ways.
Again, you have no response to any of the points I made so you just pout and storm off like a child. Why bother?

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
You mean those being prapogandized by Fox News, OANN and all of their YouTube imitators.

Again, the way any reasonable person would determine which is the party of the rich and which is the party of the poor is by looking at their policies. Anything else is a red herring.
WyIted
Debates: 14
WyIted
-->
@Double_R
Again, the way any reasonable person would determine which is the party of the rich and which is the party of the poor is by looking at their policies. Anything else is a red herring.
I think it's much more about looking at the results of the policies and not the policies per say. Do liberal policies help poor people. Are their places like skid row where we can look to see if this is true or do conservative policies help people?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Or let's try this... serious question:

Do you believe a former president/presidential candidate should be immune from criminal prosecution? Yes or No?
WyIted
WyIted
Do you believe a former president/presidential candidate should be immune from criminal prosecution? Yes or No?
It would need to be something extremely disgusting and very clearly wrong. Technically George Bush and Obama could be charged with war crimes but we just don't do that to presidents and persecuting tru.p means the elite want one set of rules for themselves and another for their political opponents. What are they even going after him for? Over Valuing his home? It's retarded and no Obama would have never been gone after for such petty shit
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@WyIted
I think it's much more about looking at the results of the policies and not the policies per say. Do liberal policies help poor people. Are their places like skid row where we can look to see if this is true or do conservative policies help people?
I'm fine with a results based argument on this question but it needs to be extremely nuanced and based on data. We don't get there by pointing to one disgusting place and branding it as the face of an entire political party's ideology. That's just confirmation bias.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Double_R
I'm fine with a results based argument on this question but it needs to be extremely nuanced and based on data. We don't get there by pointing to one disgusting place and branding it as the face of an entire political party's ideology. That's just confirmation bias.
Okay I will choose 5 random places at the top of the economic freedom index which measures how capitalistic a country is and you pick 5 near the bottom and then we can compare them to see if interventionist policies work better or not?

Or we cam look at countries that got rid of communism and replaced it with capitalism and see which regime was better for the country. He'll if I am wrong about economic interventionism being worse than freedom I want to know but you also failed to address my arguments about the impacts of regulatory agencies on Markey competition so I doubt you will engage me here
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Double_R
Can you please explain, with sources provided, who was directly responsible for that, show that this person or person's were minorities, and substantiate that the person's were in that position not because of their merits or even nepotism but because the company needed a hire that wasn't a straight white male?
You do know that it isn't just non whites that can take advantage of situations that discard meritocracy correct?

You do also know that complex systems when thy fail it is a result of a multitude of incompetence and that a lot plays a role. You can't honestly believe that getting rid of meritocracy would mean no impacts to complex systems can you.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@WyIted
It would need to be something extremely disgusting and very clearly wrong. Technically George Bush and Obama could be charged with war crimes but we just don't do that to presidents and persecuting tru.p means the elite want one set of rules for themselves and another for their political opponents. What are they even going after him for? Over Valuing his home? It's retarded and no Obama would have never been gone after for such petty shit
Of Trump's 4 criminal indictments the least serious and the trial no one really cares about is something his personal attorney has already served 3 years for and it was a violation of the law that may possibly have swung a presidential election.

The civil fraud trial you are referencing is as brazen a violation of the law as one could have engaged in and the details have been publicly known for years. To not hold him accountable is to declare open season on financial fraud in the state.

It's not the prosecutors fault Trump is such a blatant criminal to the point where his crimes could not possibly be looked over by any serious agent of the law, Trump did that. And this is exactly why people like me in 2016 said this man was a danger to the country, because we all knew he would put us in this situation and burn the country to the ground to save his own hide. What's shocking is how many people have gotten behind him as he is actively doing it.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Double_R
Actually it began in 1887, but setting that aside... Do you seriously think 1920's America is comparable to 2020's America?
Policies are either good or bad. Good policies will be good policies in all environments and bad policies will be bad in all environments. My advise is to always do the ethical policys

And even if you somehow do, regulatory bodies were formed for a reason. You might think the 1920's were great but I promise you anyone who lived through them would come to undetstand the price we paid for it.
We can look at the negative results to see why they formed. They crushed small businesses. Now we have nothing but big businesses. Then everyone was a business owner, so there is your answer. 

These are two entirely seperate things which both would have followed their paths regardless of the other. If anything you could actually make the argument in reverse which would be far more compelling; that the formation of large businesses and corporations is what lead to the need for more regulations. The lessons we learned after the great depression would be a great example of that.
That case would make sense if the death of mom and pos preceded those things not came after
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@WyIted
He'll if I am wrong about economic interventionism being worse than freedom I want to know but you also failed to address my arguments about the impacts of regulatory agencies on Markey competition so I doubt you will engage me here
If I skipped over any argument you've made it's because I didn't see a point of contention relevant to the conversation but I may have missed it.

But to your suggestions, while they seem like good metrics for the conversation the fact is that these are, as I pointed out, extremely complex subjects and economic output can have dozens or even hundred's of factors. I'm just not interested in getting that deep especially with the limited service I often have while on this site.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Double_R
They can have dozens of factors but don't you find it at least a bit odd that the more interventionist American cities are the shittiest and the countries who are most interventionist are also shit holes? How many coincidences do you need if it is literally every single time and extremely predictive of the future?

What is your cope for when javier milei turns Argentina into a first world nation?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@WyIted
Analyze these 6 policies:

1) Debt amnesty for college, where most of the debt holders are masters and PhD candidates in exclusive elite pricey schools.

2) Sanctuary city laws providing cash welfare for non-Americans

3) Policies ensuring 300 billion gets sent to Ukraine and Israel.

4) Inflation caused by injecting too much cash into the economy.

5) Amnesty laws in sanctuary cities where non-Americans are allowed to compete with the local American poor for jobs.

6) Defunding the police, relaxing laws for burglary, and allowing repeat offenders to leave without worrying about cash bail.

Tell me who supports those policies, and who does it hurt the most.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Greyparrot
It's obviously the gated community folks who do not feel the harm in those policies while the poor and middle class are busy trying to stay safe from the lumpem proletariat and work 80 hours to afford food
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@WyIted
You do know that it isn't just non whites that can take advantage of situations that discard meritocracy correct?
I'm not aware of any DEI program that is looking for more white people to round out its employee pool.

ou can't honestly believe that getting rid of meritocracy would mean no impacts to complex systems can you.
DEI is not the opposite of meritocracy, to claim it is demonstrates the racism anti DEI advocates are accused of.

DEI is about recognizing that there is diversity within our society, so if there isn't diversity within your company is only because of one of two reasons; you either do not believe people of a certain creed can do the job or you're not hiring based on merit.

Also, and probably more central to what DEI actually is, is the recognition that people of different backgrounds, sexes, etc. bring different perspectives which is valuable to any large organization. Think back to examples like the Jenner Pepsi commercial... If they had some black people in the room that fiasco probably would have been avoided.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@WyIted
They all have the white savior complex. It's a mental disorder that needs to be treated at a mass level. That or a civil war.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Double_R
DEI is not the opposite of meritocracy, to claim it is demonstrates the racism anti DEI advocates are accused of.

How is hiring people based on skin color or secual orientation compatible with always picking the very best person for the job?