Invincible Mafia Day Phase 1

Author: Lunatic

Read-only
Total: 689
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Welcome to Invincible mafia!

Right off the bat I wanna say this game has undergone major changes from when I first created it to where it is now. I originally designed it for 12 but based on player activity I have had to nerf it to a 9 player game. I kept most of the characters I had already and just changed up a lot of roles to do this. What this means is that I prioritized having good balance over having a role make 100% sense with its character. Don’t try to hyper analyze that or anything, but basically there is a lot I could have done with this game given it’s all about a universe of super powered individuals, but ultimately I just wanted a game that feels more fair over anything else.

1. All standard rules apply. If you have any questions about standard rules, ask me in your role pm. I’m assuming most of you have played enough mafia to know the basics though. I will not answer questions publicly, please ask all questions in your role pm. I hate wifom that gets created around mod confirmation from answering questions publicly. I will not answer questions asking me how hypothetical roles might function in the game. I will answer questions on mechanics of your role, or flipped roles only.
  2. This is an open set up for characters only. There is no irregular theme split. It’s antagonists vs protagonists. I will leave grey area characters up to the players determination on whether I would have made them protagonists or antagonists. This theme does not include the comic books, and only information from the first two seasons of the show on Amazon prime.
  3. There is no third party. Classic 2 v 7 mafia/town set up.
  4. Mafia were not directly given fake claims! However I did give them a very strong hint to a role claim, and it is an open set up, so they will have a list of characters to choose from that may exist in this game.
  5. The following characters are characters that can exist in this game. No character outside this list will be in this game.

Andressa
Amber Bennett
William Clockwell
Bulletproof
Kursk
Debra Grayson
Salamander 
Oliver Grayson
Art Rosenbaum
Thragg
Dupli-Kate
Komodo Dragon
Mark Grayson (Invincible)
Nolan Grayson (Omni-Man)
Atom Eve
The Mauler Twins
Supreme Lizard
Rus Livingston
Shrinking Rae
Cecil Stedman
Angstrom Levy
Monster Girl
Black Samson
The immortal
Killcannon
General Kregg
Robot
Rex-Splode
Shapesmith
Damien Darkblood
Allen the Alien

Good luck players and have fun!

Living players:

1. savant
2. Whiteflame
3. Joebob
4. ILikePie5
5. AustinL0926
6. Supadudz
7. Greyparrot
8. Barney
9. best.korea

With 9 players left, it takes 5 votes to reach a lynch.

Joebob is innocent.

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
@AustinL0926
@Savant
@JoeBob
Dp1
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Greyparrot
@Barney
@Vader
@Best.Korea
Dp1
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
hi all yall
Lunatic
Lunatic
Oh yeah, I usually do 72 hour day phases and 48 hour night phases.

Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
How do you do, fellow townies?
Savant
Savant
-->
@JoeBob
Since you are confirmed town, you want to lead things?
JoeBob
Debates: 2
JoeBob
-->
@Savant
uhhhhh… well sure. I’m not the best here but I’ll try my best.
Savant
Savant
-->
@JoeBob
Not saying you aren't skilled, but appointing an unconfirmed skilled player to lead the town could backfire if they are scum, since they would be skilled at tricking the town into making bad decisions.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Vader
Alright, going to play this one a little slower and focus more on theme analysis, especially given my love for the first two seasons. I lack comic knowledge, though. Only know it for the show.

As for the setup, given what Luna has said about how he balanced it, I can only say that I have a pretty good idea of which character JoeBob is, but I’m generally going to avoid sussing people based on how well the character and role match. So be careful what you're sussing this time around since the mod has admitted he prioritized balancing the game over the most careful matches.

All that being said, happy to let JoeBob lead this as he is confirmed town, but first we have to get more people involved.

VTL Vader going to try to play this one less stupid, but less start with you. How are things?
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Hello. Familiar with the theme so I hope I can help out, but there are some very vague character lines for protag and antag, and some, based off S2, clear defined ones. So theme analysis might honestly be more difficult but still. 

JoeBob being innocent helps.
Vader
Vader
-->
@whiteflame
Comic knowledge won't be important according to OP. Thank goodness because I haven't read the comics in forever and forgot 1/2 of what happens after S2
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Vader
@ILikePie5
Good point. Unvote.

VTL Pie how well versed in the show are you?
Savant
Savant
-->
@whiteflame
@JoeBob
Do scum say who they will kill via DART PMs? If so, I have a genius strategy to out the scum that may or may not be allowed.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Lunatic
Just want to confirm, rules are that scum must PM you from their account during the night phase in order to kill someone?
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Savant
Usually, it's done via Discord.
Savant
Savant
-->
@whiteflame
@JoeBob
It might still work if we can confirm everyone's Discord handle. Here it goes:

Everyone updates their Discord status to show when they were last active. During the night phase, everyone except JoeBob stays logged out of their Discord account. JoeBob looks at when they were last online at the end of the night phase and confirms that no players were logged in during the night. Without logging into Discord, the scum cannot kill anyone. Town can't use our abilities either, but it's a small price to pay to prevent scum from killing at night. If someone does die at night, JoeBob looks at who was logged in during the night and that player is confirmed scum.

The only flaw might be if scum players lie about their Discord handle, but maybe there's a way to confirm they are lying depending on how Discord communications work. Maybe we are allowed to communicate via Discord during the day, but only via our primary accounts. Also, Lunatic might decide this strategy is against the rules.
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Savant
Well we always use discord handles for mafia. We should know eachother handles correct?
Savant
Savant
-->
@JoeBob
I mean, scum could tell Lunatic "actually I want to use a different account this time" via PMs. But maybe we would know if they did that.

Also I'm not sure Discord has a "last online" feature. I saw something online that made me think it did, but I'm not able to find one.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Savant
I appreciate the thought, but generally, I'm opposed to methods that break the game to win it (i.e. those that don't rely on in-game tells or information). I'm fine with people being called out for lurking if they log onto the site and don't post here, but trying to narrow down scum this way is really just gaming the system itself to narrow the scope. It's just generally not the way I like to play mafia, for better or for worse.
Savant
Savant
-->
@whiteflame
Lunatic confirmed it wouldn't work anyway, so no need to worry. Just an interesting thought.

But maybe I knew it wouldn't work and I am a scum player bluffing. The plot thickens...
Vader
Vader
-->
@Savant
This is a pretty useless method. A lot of people usually keep discord running in the back even if they are not in mafia. Trying to do this meta is essentially pointless
Vader
Vader
-->
@Savant
Good thought though. I like thinking outside the box
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@JoeBob
I am Dupli-Kate and my abilities come from an ancient curse on an ancestor causing me and my brother to multiply uncontrollably...but!... Over time I learned to manage this power and I joined a new superhero team for town.

I am known as the Probe (my role)
I command 5 Kates Every night I can send out any number of these duplicates to probe another player The targeted player will get a message saying they have been probed... If anyone visits the probed player that night I will know there was a visit but won't know who it was from and the Kate used for probing will be lost.... If all five Kates are lost I will immediately die and lose the game so I must use my probes wisely. I can send out multiple Kates each night but I can't call them back until the next night and can only do so if the probed player was not visited...

I cannot deploy and retrieve a Kate on the same night
Once all five of my Kate’s are visited, I will die automatically,

Each Kate is numbered 1 to 5.... For Example...To use a Kate, simply state send a specific Kate to a player like this: "send Kate 3 to JOEBOB"...
This role is an experimental one specifically designed for this game (probably because of balance) so ask away if you have any questions
If I die at night, myself and all my Kates will be eliminated as well.

I win with the town.
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
I missed something. How do we know JoeBob is innocent?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Barney
post 1
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
Do we learn at the beginning of every dp about who is innocent or just this one?

And we do need to follow Joe blindly until other confirmed town appears, because otherwise you risk following scum.
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
That seems like awfully complicated role compared to what I was given, but I guess you can confirm it maybe.
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Barney
Part of my role
Savant
Savant
-->
@Greyparrot
That reads like it was copy-pasted.