Invincible Mafia Day Phase 1

Author: Lunatic

Read-only
Total: 689
JoeBob
Debates: 2
JoeBob
I am going to be at school from now until 3:30 est. so don’t expect me to be on during that time.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Savant
I had Chat GPT paraphrase it.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Savant
I had Chat GPT paraphrase it.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Greyparrot
I'd forgotten that she had a brother (name was Multi-Paul - gotta love those puns).

That's... an interesting role. I guess that means you can always hold back one Kate just to prevent yourself from dying from using them. It's pretty weak on the informational front, since you are functionally only able to receive information that someone was or wasn't visited in the night. It makes sense for the character, sure, but it's also odd that Luna would go through the trouble to say that he carefully balanced the game, sometimes at the expense of a role making sense for the character, then go out of his way to create a role specifically for this character. 
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
I command 5 Kates Every night I can send out any number of these duplicates to probe another player The targeted player will get a message saying they have been probed
So some other player can confirm you. Send to Joe so he confirms you, since he is certain town as it is right now.

Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
Wait, can you send kates to multiple players during one night?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@whiteflame
I added my own thoughts in the parentheses... sorry...
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
Sure
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@whiteflame
Yeah...I guess my ability is likely to be a waste, especially if I send out a Kate and the person gets killed...it would be a total waste, as everyone knows a dead person got visited.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@JoeBob
Joebob is innocent.
Time to shine and carry
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Savant
How do you do, fellow townies?
VTL Savant

Welcome! Few questions for you. Have you ever played forum mafia? If so, what do you know about, and when have you played it.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
Good point. Unvote.

VTL Pie how well versed in the show are you?
I have never heard of it in my life. I’ll try to do some research. See what the story is and what happens etc 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
@Savant
I appreciate the thought, but generally, I'm opposed to methods that break the game to win it (i.e. those that don't rely on in-game tells or information). I'm fine with people being called out for lurking if they log onto the site and don't post here, but trying to narrow down scum this way is really just gaming the system itself to narrow the scope. It's just generally not the way I like to play mafia, for better or for worse.
I agree with this. Im inclined to townread Savant for this proposal though, even though it is basically against the rules
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Best.Korea
Do we learn at the beginning of every dp about who is innocent or just this one?
I sincerely doubt it.

And we do need to follow Joe blindly until other confirmed town appears, because otherwise you risk following scum.

It’s our job to hunt for scum and help JoeBob out. Obviously his scumreads are far more important than, but that doesn’t mean you sit there and do nothing
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@ILikePie5
Never played forum mafia before, but I've read through the forums to see how it works. And I've played other versions of mafia.

Afraid I don't have much substantive information to share, but if you want more loopholes that violate the spirit of the game, I've got plenty. For example, on day 1, everyone writes a message with a role claim and puts it through a hash function, then posts the result. This way townies can wait to reveal their claims until later, but scum can't change their role claims following day 1, since the hash result wouldn't match. (Come to think of it, I should try this in Town of Salem.)
Savant
Savant
-->
@ILikePie5
Also, what does VTL stand for? (I know the V is for "vote")
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
I agree that Savant comes off as townie based on that suggestion, though he could have intended to manipulate the result somehow, so it’s only slight.

Unvote

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Greyparrot
Yeah...I guess my ability is likely to be a waste, especially if I send out a Kate and the person gets killed...it would be a total waste, as everyone knows a dead person got visited.
Didn’t say that. Your role is easily confirmable, particularly if you send out two or more Kates and someone Watches you. As for what your results would tell us, they can be used to confirm someone else’s visit or establish that someone was not a target of a night action. Either way, it’s info we can use, albeit rather vague.

I do have a question: if one of your Kates perishes and you send out multiple, are you informed of which one bit the dust?
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@Greyparrot
If all five Kates are lost I will immediately die and lose the game so I must use my probes wisely.
Can you still win with town if you lose all your Kates?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@AustinL0926
As a dead person I guess....
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
I feel like there should be some breaking strategy with such a complicated role, but I don't really see one. A little bit overly complex, but it could be Lunatic rebalancing the game in a hurry.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Greyparrot
Alr, just making sure you weren't a TP.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@AustinL0926
Oh! Chat GPT interpreted death as a loss...LMAO...
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
I largely nullread Savant for that suggestion of his. I don't really buy that he took the time to come up with an elaborate solution while also failing to do simple research on whether Discord statuses can be manipulated (yes, they can).
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@whiteflame
Apparently my KATES have numbers, so hopefully Lunatic will tell me at the end of NP1 how many KATES died and which ones...it did say I would be notified if someone got visited which would mean a Kate died...I guess its a good Q to ask... 

My pm DOES say I will be notified that a PERSON was visited...so it would have to correspond to a KATE number for that person.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Lunatic
Is this correct?
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Greyparrot
I definitely buy that lol, wouldn't be the first time GPT doesn't know context.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
I just have 1 question....how is it you always get assigned a scum draw???
Savant
Savant
-->
@AustinL0926
I don't really buy that he took the time to come up with an elaborate solution while also failing to do simple research on whether Discord statuses can be manipulated
Read my initial post. The original plan was to use DART status since I assumed DART PMs are how scum kill ppl in forum mafia. I tried to make it work for Discord when I realized otherwise.
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@Savant
I like that you're thinking outside the box. I personally set my discord to invisible for mafia games (well, try to at least), to decrease risk of this type of thing (intentional or not).

Aside from that, WF pretty much summed up my thoughts. If we can win by a bastardly method, it's better to lose and maintain our dignity and the spirit of the game.