Author: Lunatic

Read-only
Total: 689
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@AustinL0926
Ok. Somehow I read the text block several times and missed that.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@AustinL0926
Yeah, I didn't really think that one through, although I think that's how Bleeder is usually flavored anyway, based on my research. I had like 5 minutes before a class and I wanted to out my role so I didn't get quickhammered.
Alright, though it’s odd that you called it flavored in the first place in that case. I get that you had a different kind of Bleeder in a previous game, but I’m surprised you didn’t research it upon receiving your role.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
The more I think about it, the more I feel that Greyparrot has to be town, just through simple reasoning. Consider, if the following three propositions are true:

-Greyparrot's role corresponds to Dupli-Kate and Dupli-Kate only
-Dupli-Kate is a protagonist
-Greyparrot confirms his role

Then he must be town, since Lunatic mentioned the themesplit is protagonists vs antagonists.

#2 has to be true, #3 can be confirmed tonight. That leaves #1, but I did some research and I can't find any other character who would have something remotely similar, except Multi-Paul, who isn't in the game. Maybe someone with more knowledge can fill me in.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@AustinL0926
@Savant
To be fair, so did I for a while. I also did question whether that was just part of what the AI generated rather than something that was in the actual description, though I guess he did verify that.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@whiteflame
Yeah, I checked afterward and it corresponds to how it's usually done. I also was thrown off by Lunatic's weird PM phrasing. Instead of saying that I survive an additional phase, he mentioned that I get "revived" for an additional phase. I guess that's functionally equivalent tho.

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@AustinL0926
I find it very difficult to believe that GP isn’t town based on his claim, which is easily verifiable. If it isn’t verified during the NP, then he’s the obvious lynch, so I don’t know why he’d do that.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Best.Korea
You better heal JoeBob tonight, because if he dies, we're going to lynch you.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Savant
You really think that in a game literally about superheroes, scum doesn't have a strongman or roleblocker?
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Actually that post is sus af. Like he knows he can guarantee an NK on Joebob and is laying the seeds for a chained mislynch on BK.
Savant
Savant
-->
@AustinL0926
You really think that in a game literally about superheroes, scum doesn't have a strongman or roleblocker?
I didn't know those were things in Forum mafia, but fair enough.
Savant
Savant
I figured threatening to lynch BK was the only way to get him to fall in line.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
idk maybe Savant just doesn't have experience. But the way he's been playing so far makes me think otherwise a bit.
Savant
Savant
Actually, the possibility of roleblockers makes me realize why getting claims early might not be as great a strategy as I thought.
Savant
Savant
-->
@AustinL0926
I have experience with other versions of mafia. The fact that sucm were given "fake roles" made me assume they didn't have real abilities in this version. Which looking back was not a great assumption to make.
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
We should be down to ~23 hours.

I stand by my earlier idea of letting the fully confirmed townie lead the charge. If he rolls the dice, there’s a 25% chance he catches scum. An educated guess will hopefully be better odds than that; but it’s a wagon at least initiated with the assurance of no bad motives behind it (any wagon started by someone else, as a 25% chance of being lead by scum)

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Barney
I stand by my earlier idea of letting the fully confirmed townie lead the charge. If he rolls the dice, there’s a 25% chance he catches scum. An educated guess will hopefully be better odds than that; but it’s a wagon at least initiated with the assurance of no bad motives behind it
I am going to disagree with blindly doing this. JoeBob is town, but we have pressured in the past for having bad logic at times and being lurky. All we get out of Joe is that, "he's honest." This doesn't mean he will have the best reads per say. I think we should look at what Joe says, but not blindly follow his train. I think that's actually more scummy than it is town
Savant
Savant
-->
@JoeBob
Seems to be a consensus that we should at least hear your opinion. Who do you think is most suspicious?
Best.Korea
Debates: 272
Best.Korea
So who do we lynch?
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Obviously Joebob is trying to help town, but that doesn't actually mean his lynch choice will necessarily be pro-town, despite his best efforts. So no, I disagree with the idea of blindly picking a lynch.

Since we have less than 24 hours left, without a clear consensus, I think we should all put our preferred lynch choices on the table. Personally I would prefer to popcorn this, although idk if we have enough time for that.

My top three lynch choices:

1. Pie
2. BK
3. Savant

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Best.Korea
Who are your preferred lynch choices?
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Also a little bit off-topic, but I just watched the last half of the first episode of Invincible. What the fuck.
Barney
Barney
-->
@Vader
Do you have any thoughts as to why you were not pressured for a claim?

I don’t think you should claim anything at this point, but behaviorally there’s an oddity there.
Barney
Barney
-->
@AustinL0926
What the fuck.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Barney
Do you have any thoughts as to why you were not pressured for a claim?

I don’t think you should claim anything at this point, but behaviorally there’s an oddity there.

Just as my response to be why Pie was pressured for a claim, I would say I have no clue. Randomness, maybe reads, not really sure why I haven't this DP.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@AustinL0926
Austin

Or we go after more claims, or we all mass claim.
Savant
Savant
-->
@AustinL0926
1. AustinL0926
2. Barney
Savant
Savant
-->
@Vader
@whiteflame
@AustinL0926
@JoeBob
Austin's lynch choices make zero sense for day 1:

ILikePie5 - Claimed the main character with no counterclaims
BK - Claimed doctor and arguably second main character in the show, with no counterclaims
Savant - Said multiple times that my role can be confirmed.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@JoeBob
If I die, which I most likely will
Maybe, but I think scum has no interest in killing you, as your role is not primary target.

Primary targets are cop and doctor, but given that town wants to lynch me, it means scum will spare me.

I already learned what I need to do to survive np as doctor, and that is what I did.

So they are after cop.

However, if I get role blocked, it means I cant protect anyone.

Now, scum either has role blocker either janitor, and I hope that scum doesnt have janitor, as that would turn the game greatly in their favor since we didnt all claim and they can steal unclaimed role.

Yet if we take out scum in dp1, then we possibly take out janitor or role blocker.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
I will try to use my role to protect Joe, but I dont see why scum would target him when the main target is cop.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Vader
@whiteflame
@AustinL0926
@JoeBob
Austin "suspects" me because he thinks I want to frame best Best.Korea. Then he turns around and advocated lynching Best.Korea.