Author: Lunatic

Read-only
Total: 689
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@whiteflame
Alright, then please respond to my earlier request. I don't think you're going to be able to rally people around the picks you already have, so who would you choose that could get the votes?
I'll keep this pretty simple:

Pie lynch > BK lynch > My lynch >  Vader/whiteflame/Savant lynch  > no lynch > Barney lynch > Joebob/GP lynch.

If we're not getting Pie or BK, then I'm fine with getting lynched. If you really believe I'm town though, then you'll help me get one of those lynches.

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@JoeBob
If you're going to vote me, then at least promise that you'll work with me to get one of my scumreads lynched tomorrow. I legitimately don't understand your reasoning for voting me, but so be it.
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
-->
@AustinL0926
I'd prefer to lynch BK on behavioral grounds
I kinda agree, because if you are scum, it feels kinda unfair that you get lynched on day 1.

Then it would be 6 - 1, so town would have to mislynch 3 times in a row to lose, it would basically be impossible for town to lose since there are so many confirmable roles which narrow the scum list to about 3 in next dp.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
Right now? Barney.
Can you explain?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
I'm not letting Barney get lynched today.
Why do you townread Barney?
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Greyparrot
@AustinL0926
Although Pie is my top lynch, I understand we're not going to get a consensus on him. As such, I'd prefer to lynch BK on behavioral grounds. Yes, he has a relatively good claim, but that could easily be a result of having a competent scumpartner.
I know that's where you want to go, but I don't think you're going to rally enough people to vote out a claimed Doc at this point. It's a huge risk based on nothing but behavior and a slightly off claim. I might be able to buy that if not for Luna's statement in the OP that some of the role/character mixes will be a little off for the purposes of balance. That's not to mention that we have less than 3 hours left. I don't think that we're going to flip enough people to make that happen.
Pie lynch > BK lynch > My lynch >  Vader/whiteflame/Savant lynch  > no lynch > Barney lynch > Joebob/GP lynch.

If we're not getting Pie or BK, then I'm fine with getting lynched. If you really believe I'm town though, then you'll help me get one of those lynches.
I just don't think there's enough of a basis currently for pushing Pie. I also don't think that BK and Pie is a likely scum team at this point, so I think it's valid to look at other options. This setup makes you the next best choice, though I think it's pretty unlikely you're on a team with either of them. And if Barney's off the table and your lynch is preferable to anyone below you, then you're basically saying we can pursue lynches that aren't going to happen... or lynch you. Not the best choices IMO.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
Sigh... let's break this down.

First, wagon speed means nothing unless you want to admit to being scum for leading a 6 minute wagon on me. It's more about who's online and who's more free with their vote rather than a coordinated effort by scum.
The actors were the same in both lynches for the most part, but sure we can let this go.

Second, I gave evidence for why claiming the MC doesn't clear you. You blatantly misconstrued this as being the sole reason I wanted to lynch you, which is disingenous at best.
Yet you ignored the fact that I would have had to claim Mark Grayson knowing that he was the main character and was going to be in the game. Scum weren’t given a character claim and you ignored that. Claiming the MC might not clear me, but claiming the MC this early in the game with no fake claims given is asinine especially when we know that Lunatic has given main characters every game.

Third, I hesitated to claim because my role loses utility when claimed. Yours doesn't - in fact, according to my research, commuter can't even be roleblocked. In contrast, my role which becomes very strong in MYLO and pre-MYLO situations is now functionally useless.
It doesn’t matter whether it loses utility or not. You refused to claim when people that you townread even requested you to claim. I claimed right away. Even if you were the Cop you should’ve claimed. Your mechanics are irrelevant. The delay is insanely scummy.

I also didn't switch onto Barney and BK, I briefly scumread Barney and dropped him afterward, while merely pointing out some scummy aspects of BK's behavior. If you believe it's not possible to focus on more than one person at a time, idk what even to say.
I never said it’s not possible to focus on more than one person. My problem is that it’s clear you’re information phishing, which is scummy.

And yes, I am switching up my town play because I've noticed from my past games that it's not working. That doesn't mean I can't point out my own meta, or logically argue why my behavior so far would be horrific play as scum if I was so. 
Anything you say regarding your behavior is clearly WIFOM then. Anything you say should not be believed.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@whiteflame
Yeah, idk really then. We both townread Joebob and GP, Savant is off the table, I'm not lynching Barney. That leaves Vader, but he hasn't done anything overtly scummy and I'm not going to lynch him without getting a claim.

From my point of view, if I wanted to survive, I would try to get a no lynch. But since that's not going to help town, and only pushes the issue of me to tomorrow, I'm not going to go for that.

With all that said, why do you scumread Barney?
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
It's down to PoE for me and I think Barney's being a bit cagey about announcing his character. That being said, I took a look back at my list of plausible characters he could be based on his softclaim and I have some inkling as to why lynching him might be a problem. Given that, it's likely going to have to be either you or Austin at this stage, though I'm not convinced of either of you.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@ILikePie5
Barney, and only Barney, knows why I townread him. Can't say more. If he rereads the DP he'll realize it too.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Got out of a meeting but may have to go back into it depending. Anyway gonna give my last reread and thoughts
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Yet you ignored the fact that I would have had to claim Mark Grayson knowing that he was the main character and was going to be in the game. Scum weren’t given a character claim and you ignored that. Claiming the MC might not clear me, but claiming the MC this early in the game with no fake claims given is asinine especially when we know that Lunatic has given main characters every game.
I think you're a good enough scum player that you could intuit a character claim from a specific enough fake role claim. If Lunatic gave me "Commuter", the first thing I would do is search for characters whose abilities allow them to avoid taking damage.

It doesn’t matter whether it loses utility or not. You refused to claim when people that you townread even requested you to claim. I claimed right away. Even if you were the Cop you should’ve claimed. Your mechanics are irrelevant. The delay is insanely scummy.
I wasn't at L - 1, and I was sure that there were scum on the wagon. If you think that players should claim any time a wagon gets anywhere close to them, then two scum plus a misguided townie and force a claim from just about anyone. Once I got to a point of pressure, I claimed my character, and then my role shortly afterward. Furthermore, MY ROLE LOSES UTILITY when claimed. YOUR ROLE does not. It's a false equivalence and you know it.

I never said it’s not possible to focus on more than one person. My problem is that it’s clear you’re information phishing, which is scummy.
Show me exactly where I fished for information. I didn't affect Barney's actions at all (that I know of), and BK claimed on his own.

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@AustinL0926
Yeah, idk really then. We both townread Joebob and GP, Savant is off the table, I'm not lynching Barney. That leaves Vader, but he hasn't done anything overtly scummy and I'm not going to lynch him without getting a claim.

From my point of view, if I wanted to survive, I would try to get a no lynch. But since that's not going to help town, and only pushes the issue of me to tomorrow, I'm not going to go for that.

With all that said, why do you scumread Barney?
I have an inkling as to why you don't want to lynch Barney, so let's just say I'm coming around to leaving him off the list, though the particulars of how he responded to being pressured had me concerned.

Right now, I'd say a lynch on you is the best choice we could feasibly manage (I don't think anyone will be convinced to NL) aside from possibly Pie. If we're going to lynch a claimed, unCC'd Doc, it won't be during DP1, so BK's off the table. Much as I believe Pie's claim is plausible, the Commuter role is going to, at best, be hard to confirm and have rather limited utility. Much as I'm not fond of targeting someone who has claimed the MC of the series, it's the best choice among the given full claims beyond yours.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@ILikePie5
Anything you say regarding your behavior is clearly WIFOM then. Anything you say should not be believed.
And of course, if I was changing my meta to avoid detection, the first thing I would do is notify town of it. Sure I would.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
It's down to PoE for me and I think Barney's being a bit cagey about announcing his character. That being said, I took a look back at my list of plausible characters he could be based on his softclaim and I have some inkling as to why lynching him might be a problem. Given that, it's likely going to have to be either you or Austin at this stage, though I'm not convinced of either of you.
I think tomorrow we can get Barney’s claim and move from there. Today has to be Austin though. I don’t want to lynch Korea because he’s a claimed doctor with no other clear protective roles. 

I’m also unclear why I’m being scumread. 
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@whiteflame
I suppose that's the best we're going to get, up to the other townies now. I'm willing to make this a 1v1 between me and Pie.

Symbolically or not, I guess I'll VTL Pie.

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
I’m also unclear why I’m being scumread. 
It's PoE, not scumreading. I don't scumread what you've done so far, I just recognize that there are limited choices. We have one confirmed player, two players who claim to be confirmable, and a claimed Doc. That leaves four, and of those four, Vader is the one I have the most solid townread on behaviorally (that seems like a widely-held opinion), and I have decided to set Barney aside for the DP due to a gutread of the situation. That leaves you and Austin. I have more trouble with seeing Austin's choices so far as scummy, but I think he's the safer bet.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
2.5 hours remaining
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Official Vote Count:

Austin- 4/5- iLikePie5, savant, Best.korea, joebob
iLikePie5- 1/5-  Austin
Vader- 1/5- GP

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
I think you're a good enough scum player that you could intuit a character claim from a specific enough fake role claim. If Lunatic gave me "Commuter", the first thing I would do is search for characters whose abilities allow them to avoid taking damage.
Again. Lunatic explicitly stated that scum were given a hint to a fake role claim and were not given fake character claims because they have a list of candidates to choose from. You’d have to assume that the hint directly proposed Commuter. Then you’d have to assume that I would directly claim Mark Grayson with it knowing full well that he’s an MC and likely in the game. You could probably fit Commuter with a range of characters—after all it’s a superhero show. You see how many strings you have to pull.

I wasn't at L - 1, and I was sure that there were scum on the wagon. If you think that players should claim any time a wagon gets anywhere close to them, then two scum plus a misguided townie and force a claim from just about anyone. Once I got to a point of pressure, I claimed my character, and then my role shortly afterward. Furthermore, MY ROLE LOSES UTILITY when claimed. YOUR ROLE does not. It's a false equivalence and you know it.
You basically were as JoeBob had stated at that point that he wanted you to full claim and the reason why he wasn’t putting you at L-1 was because he was afraid of a quick hammer. Your role lost utility because you claimed the mechanics. So it’s your fault and frankly anti-town in the first place. If I claimed exactly what type of commuter I am, my role would lose utility as well. So it’s not a false equivalence.

Show me exactly where I fished for information. I didn't affect Barney's actions at all (that I know of), and BK claimed on his own.
You were after me and adamant to force me to claim. Korea nipped the bud before you could establish the wagon, though you stated that you wanted his claim if I recall correctly. As for Barney, you said you scumread him for lurking after accusing me of trying to get a claim out of him for potential lurking in the future lol. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
Barney, and only Barney, knows why I townread him. Can't say more. If he rereads the DP he'll realize it too.
That’s interesting for sure.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
And of course, if I was changing my meta to avoid detection, the first thing I would do is notify town of it. Sure I would.
Like I said WIFOM
Vader
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
Right now I think Austin is being extra defensive at this point for a character who can literally confirm himself in this DP. It comes off a bit off to me and not really what I have seen even if he said he's changing the meta. I also think the meta of "lynch me or ___" is inherently scummy because you give a 50/50 to make a lynch where you just buy scum another DP to plan endgame.  I'm taking a deep dive on Austin and BK but I think Austin will end up being the lynch. I probs won't hammer til the last minute however, due to my belief that a DP should be extensive and as long as possible. I also think Austin is our best target because he can confirm himself and still give insight on town.

If he flips town, I do take what he says with a bit more consideration with regards to you and his beliefs. I'd have to do a deep behavioral dive, which, sigh, I guess I am willing too if Austin tells the truth. 
Barney
Debates: 51
Barney
FYI, I’m at a dance lesson right now. I should be back online in an hour or so.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
It's PoE, not scumreading. I don't scumread what you've done so far, I just recognize that there are limited choices. We have one confirmed player, two players who claim to be confirmable, and a claimed Doc. That leaves four, and of those four, Vader is the one I have the most solid townread on behaviorally (that seems like a widely-held opinion), and I have decided to set Barney aside for the DP due to a gutread of the situation. That leaves you and Austin. I have more trouble with seeing Austin's choices so far as scummy, but I think he's the safer bet.
Reasonable ig. Though I would like to point out that Doctor is just as unconfirmable as a Commuter, though I don’t think Korea is scum. His behavior reads to me exactly like Mharman’s game.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
Reasonable ig. Though I would like to point out that Doctor is just as unconfirmable as a Commuter, though I don’t think Korea is scum. His behavior reads to me exactly like Mharman’s game.
I'd say losing the Doc is a bigger loss than losing the Commuter. Maybe that's just me.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
@AustinL0926
I suppose that's the best we're going to get, up to the other townies now. I'm willing to make this a 1v1 between me and Pie.
Notorious scum indication.
whiteflame
whiteflame
I'm going to wait for Barney and Vader to catch up and post their thoughts before I make my decision.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
I'd say losing the Doc is a bigger loss than losing the Commuter. Maybe that's just me.
That’s true as well. Either way, I think we leave Korea alone for now and we lynch Austin cause he’s scum at best or worse POE
Vader
Vader
-->
@whiteflame
I think the best bet is to lynch Austin and confirm his role. This to me would put Pie back in the POE for sure. Right now from a character perspective and what info we do have, I think mechanically it would be difficult to put Pie in my POE right now. I think DP2 depending on Austin's turn he's back in for behavior. 

I'm personally just at a roadblock between Pie. Maybe I am overthinking (which is likely), but the fact that off of a role hint alone with only 1 claimed character, he had the balls to claim Mark, I mean, damn. That's the only barrier from preventing me from going at Pie. It's just a big claim with no CC to it while being the first member (besides GP) to do so, makes it so hard for me to read him as scum. Not to mention I think Pie as scum tends to play it a bit more safe with claims. 

I do wonder, is there a Luna game where he was scum? I think looking back at that could be helpful