Invincible Day Phase 3

Author: Lunatic

Read-only
Total: 147
Best.Korea
Debates: 277
Best.Korea
I guess a redirect would mean whiteflame is town, and bus would mean whiteflame is scum, so its still unclear.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
And here is an ever better question:

If I am scum, why did I redirect lynch from Pie to Vader?

Am I really that bad scum partner?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Maybe I sacrificed Vader to later prove my innocence?
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Best.Korea
Thats actually a very good solution. Now we just must wonder why would vader do that if both whiteflame and joe are town.

OwO
Chaos? That’s the whole point
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Best.Korea
If I am scum, why did I redirect lynch from Pie to Vader?
You didn’t, I did. You just hopped on.

Am I really that bad scum partner?
Makes sense with your laziness that Supa would just go out of his way and claim. Ik for a fact WF would not be okay with the yolo 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ILikePie5
So lets lynch me!
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Best.Korea
So let’s lynch me!
Fine with me if you want to give up and admit you’re scum

VTL Korea

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ILikePie5
My wife is a doctor.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ILikePie5
One of these players is scum.

1.  Whiteflame
2. ILikePie5
3. best.korea

We just have to figure out who.

JoeBob
Debates: 3
JoeBob
-->
@Best.Korea
your name isn’t capitalized so it’s you
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@JoeBob
I am thinking, it would be funny if whiteflame and pie had to fight over which one of them is scum in dp4.

I mean seriously, vanilla vs commputer, both irrelevant uncommon non-confirmable roles?

Wouldnt you like to see them tear each other apart in dp4? Wouldnt you?

This is why I have such a strong urge to get myself lynched, even if town loses as a result.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
@JoeBob
Anyway, if we are done with small talk, can we now lynch Pie, and then Whiteflame? I have to go to sleep soon and it sucks that I have to wait so long to lynch someone. I hope we wont drag this for like 3 days like we did with Vader and Austin, because our victory is inevitable no matter what we do since we have 2 lynches and 2 clear targets.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Best.Korea
I'm just putting my thoughts together, could you hang on a sec? I don't know why you're in such a rush.
JoeBob
Debates: 3
JoeBob
-->
@Best.Korea
well it would be funny, but I also wanna win
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@JoeBob
well it would be funny, but I also wanna win
His behavior should be screaming red flag to you. Sirens should be going off. Here’s another thing ive been thinking about: Korea is the only role right that is unlimited. Barney was limited, Supa was limited, we know the last scum was limited to one janitor shot. Greyparrot is limited to 5 Kates. You don’t believe me but I’m limited to commuting once. Korea is an unlimited doctor. Odd right?
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Greyparrot
@ILikePie5
@Best.Korea
@JoeBob
I've been leafing back through the previous two DPs and here's what I've come up with:

Behaviorally, I think a lot of the issues I was flagging from BK have come down over the last two DPs. At the very least, he's showing more independent consideration from JoeBob and GP. In retrospect, though it was frustrating, it was a poor reason to sus him. There are choices he made that I did flag, as has already been called out, including mentioning a scum role blocker early (though scum role blockers are a dime a dozen) and these posts about a scum Janitor:
Now, scum either has role blocker either janitor, and I hope that scum doesnt have janitor, as that would turn the game greatly in their favor since we didnt all claim and they can steal unclaimed role.
Yet if we take out scum in dp1, then we possibly take out janitor or role blocker.
He doesn't do much to justify suspecting a Janitor beyond saying that it's a "nasty role scum can have" before Savant was Janitored... that is until DP2, where he says this:
I was thinking which role could scum possibly have to make up for the fact that town has to mislynch 3 times in a row to lose, and then I remembered that the only such role is janitor which I was seen used before in other game.
Honestly, it's not bad logic. Maybe that's just him trying to sweep it under the rug, but even if I assume that, I'd say Janitor is, at worst, an uncommon position to see.

By contrast, I think there's a lot more to sus in Pie's camp. Not so much in DP1 (honestly, I'm still not following Austin's reasons for sussing him then), but his arguments started looking odd when he starts pushing back on the various points about the Kates. He starts relatively early:
Savant was the NK. That leaves WF, Korea, and Bob. It’s theoretically possible that each scum can conduct 2 actions each. Like a Bus Driver would visit 2 people from last game
So he's early to breadcrumbing the existence of a Bus Driver to address a point about the number of scum visiting roles made by Austin. When suspicion fell to him by PoE, his response now included both of the uncommon-to-rare roles Vader's flip has revealed:
It’s possible there are roles like Bus Driver or Redirector that count as two visits. Austin asked me the same question in my game and I said they’d count as two visits because you have to pick two players.
Note that all of this takes place after sussing BK in two posts about how the NK revealed the existence of a Janitor after BK suggested it back in DP1. That means he actively sussed BK for the very same thing he's doing, and worse, it was for two highly specific roles. I might view the two as relatively equal if it hadn't become the fundamental assumption to support his position that BK is a better target than him... before Vader shit the bed, of course. Pie was stretching hard to make this seem not just plausible, but actual. Yes, the flip shows that it could have happened, emphasis on the "could." You have to believe that Vader opted to reveal that he targeted me and just me (likely to ensure that if a Tracker followed him, his visit would be validated, whereas a Tracker would have seen him go to both targets otherwise), that he specifically chose to target me and JoeBob, and that I'm scum. All of that has to be true for his claims to be accurate, and the only way he could believe it so strongly is if he already knew what the flip would be and that it would support his argument.

I know I'm not scum, but I'll put this to JoeBob: do you see anything in here that's believable on Pie's side, or anything that stands out from BK as scummy? At this point, I see no reason not to hammer, but I want your opinion.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ILikePie5
Korea is the only role right that is unlimited
It needs to recharge after success, so not really unlimited.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ILikePie5
Korea is an unlimited doctor. Odd right?
Yeah, now that I think about it, you guys are all 1x.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@whiteflame
there really isnt much poe left here....if you hammer now...bk will likely be the lynch the next day...
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Greyparrot
I mean, I agree that that's how it should be, but having JoeBob on the same page is probably a good idea just in case.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@whiteflame
sure
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
if you hammer now...bk will likely be the lynch the next day
Well, as long as we lynch Pie, does it really matter what happens the next day?

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
Of course not, but they don't know it yet.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
So lets finally lynch Pie, even tho he is non-counterclaimed main character.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
@JoeBob
So he's early to breadcrumbing the existence of a Bus Driver to address a point about the number of scum visiting roles made by Austin. When suspicion fell to him by PoE, his response now included both of the uncommon-to-rare roles Vader's flip has revealed:
Again, I already had it on my mind because of the previous game I modded. Also, it makes sense from a balance perspective for Greyparrot’s role that the roles exist. You can call it breadcrumbing but at the worst it’s the exact same thing Korea did earlier.

Note that all of this takes place after sussing BK in two posts about how the NK revealed the existence of a Janitor after BK suggested it back in DP1. That means he actively sussed BK for the very same thing he's doing, and worse, it was for two highly specific roles.
Again, I already had it on my mind. Korea came up with it out of thin air, without knowing any of the other roles in the game. My theory only came after everyone had claimed.

I might view the two as relatively equal if it hadn't become the fundamental assumption to support his position that BK is a better target than him... before Vader shit the bed, of course. Pie was stretching hard to make this seem not just plausible, but actual. Yes, the flip shows that it could have happened, emphasis on the "could." You have to believe that Vader opted to reveal that he targeted me and just me (likely to ensure that if a Tracker followed him, his visit would be validated, whereas a Tracker would have seen him go to both targets otherwise), that he specifically chose to target me and JoeBob, and that I'm scum.
As I said, it’s you or BK from my POV. We can make assumptions all day long, but just look at Korea’s behavior.

All of that has to be true for his claims to be accurate, and the only way he could believe it so strongly is if he already knew what the flip would be and that it would support his argument.
That’s just not true man. Like I don’t understand why you fail to acknowledge the balance aspect and the fact I had the roles in my game. You also forgot that Korea came up with Roleblocker out of nowhere.

I know I'm not scum, but I'll put this to JoeBob: do you see anything in here that's believable on Pie's side, or anything that stands out from BK as scummy? At this point, I see no reason not to hammer, but I want your opinion.
Sigh. I’ve literally been tunneled since the beginning of the game. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ILikePie5
 it’s you or BK from my POV
So wanna lynch Whiteflame?

You also forgot that Korea came up with Roleblocker out of nowhere
I came up with both roleblocker and janitor.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
Just look at this guy’s behavior. If you’re town, I implore you to reconsider your decision. What behaviorally has you worried about me. Korea changed is MO in last two pages. Now he’s all defeatist and willing to be lynched. Has he ever done that? What changed
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Best.Korea
So wanna lynch Whiteflame?
I’m sure you’d be fine with either me or WF Mr. Scum.

I came up with both roleblocker and janitor.
I know you did
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Can you exactly point out why you scumread me? It makes zero fuckin sense
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ILikePie5
I’m sure you’d be fine with either me or WF Mr. Scum.
Well, my plan was to lynch both, but one of you is getting lynched anyway, I would just want to lynch both.