Total: 86
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Only congratulating Whiteflame for the win
Vader
Vader
I claimed Damien because I already claimed my char was based on power, and barney already claimed his was on personality. I knew he could've been Damien Darkblood but looking at WF and then JoeBob claims and how the human (to a degree) had roles related to personality. So I thought it was likely that he could be Cecil or William, Damien was the only one I could claim at that point and town just got lucky. No one on town besides WF, Barney, and Austin to a degree played good and just bandwagon.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Vader
Appreciate it. Honestly, I get it with the Damien claim. I had a strong gut feeling that Barney was Damien towards the end of DP1, but I was still between five characters that I felt could be his before he claimed, so any of those could have been it.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@AustinL0926
First of all, just for funsies (I have a really good memory, knew I'd seen it somewhere):
I think that was when the upvote system first came out and everyone was messing around with the new system. But yeah it feels a bit dirty to upvote from the grave and if I had done it the past it was wrong then too. But then again there really is no way to police it or anything so it is what it is
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@ILikePie5
Eh, I can see your point there. Anyway, some people play mafia to have fun. Personally I'm fine with that as long as they make a reasonable effort to play to their wincon.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Lunatic
You can just explicitly ban it, then ask the mods to check upvotes if suspected (I'm pretty sure they can do that, although you never know). I honestly think that with some creativity, you can probably communicate some actual information behind the grave (e.g. list each living player, then ask a dead cop to upvote whichever player they copped guilty).

That might actually be a fun idea for a quickfire game. Anyway, I digress.

JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@AustinL0926
you can probably communicate some actual information behind the grave (e.g. list each living player, then ask a dead cop to upvote whichever player they copped guilty).
yea but then someone like bk would put their own vote in to be funny 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
Eh, I can see your point there. Anyway, some people play mafia to have fun. Personally I'm fine with that as long as they make a reasonable effort to play to their wincon.
You can have fun while trying.
JoeBob
JoeBob
hold up, I’m playing for fun, what yall playing for???
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@JoeBob
I play it to crush people's dreams :D
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@ILikePie5
You can have fun while trying.
Also true.
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@AustinL0926
next time I play with you I will make it my goal that you can’t do that
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@JoeBob
Good luck >:)
Vader
Vader
-->
@whiteflame
Appreciate it. Honestly, I get it with the Damien claim. I had a strong gut feeling that Barney was Damien towards the end of DP1, but I was still between five characters that I felt could be his before he claimed, so any of those could have been it.
I also just dug myself way too big of a hole and limited my selection by pointing out those justifications. I used it to build up town cred for theme analyzing. It was then  going to be used to justify Barney’s lynch in DP2 or DP3. I also was going to see if someone claimed someone like Robot as Vanilla and hard push

I think I just over thought it. 
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
Trying to lynch Poe instead of Vader, felt like a gambit. And gambits are most often scum.

While pretty sure the remaining scum was Pie, I nearly tracked whiteflame.

The reasoning was that if I were to be role blocked, that result would be identical to an actual commuter.
Whereas just confirming whiteflame did not move, would by elimination condemn Pie.

Ultimately I decided that the odds of good information favored Pie. For one thing, if a RB was available it’d probably target the Doctor, so that I could then be a NK target; which made the fears less meaningful.
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
-->
@ILikePie5
You put GP and BK in the Mafia Championships.
That would be funny, but I dont play mafia outside of this site.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Realistically speaking, we won this greatly thanks to Barney.

If Vader got away with claiming cop, we would pretty much be lynching everyone except him, so it was pure luck that he was ccd.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
I was suggesting we all mass claim in dp1 to make their janitor useless, but I am not sure if mass claiming would be good or bad in dp1 in this case.
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@ILikePie5

You put GP and BK in the Mafia Championships.
great idea, lets do it next year

JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@AustinL0926
Good luck >:)
:0
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Vader
I also just dug myself way too big of a hole and limited my selection by pointing out those justifications. I used it to build up town cred for theme analyzing. It was then  going to be used to justify Barney’s lynch in DP2 or DP3. I also was going to see if someone claimed someone like Robot as Vanilla and hard push

I think I just over thought it. 
I did something pretty similar a couple of games ago, though I'd already been copped guilty, so that didn't help. I feel you.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Barney
Trying to lynch Poe instead of Vader, felt like a gambit. And gambits are most often scum.
Yeah, in retrospect, I shouldn't have held to my guns for as long as I did in DP2. I ended up being right, but that doesn't justify it. Wouldn't have blamed you for Tracking me after that.

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Barney

While pretty sure the remaining scum was Pie, I nearly tracked whiteflame.

The reasoning was that if I were to be role blocked, that result would be identical to an actual commuter.
Whereas just confirming whiteflame did not move, would by elimination condemn Pie.

Ultimately I decided that the odds of good information favored Pie. For one thing, if a RB was available it’d probably target the Doctor, so that I could then be a NK target; which made the fears less meaningful.
I told Luna before the DP ended that you had a tracker and were going to track me. I had no choice but to kill you
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@ILikePie5
The next night I totally would have visited myself in the graveyard ;)
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Barney
:( Barnie!
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Greyparrot
Out of curiosity, was your choice to sus Pie in DP1 out of behavioral reads or just "yoloing"? Kinda shocked that someone actually agreed with me...
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@AustinL0926
I played on his team as scum. There's some things he said, it was really unfair, and I should take a break.
ijb1
Debates: 5
ijb1
-->
@Greyparrot
That makes sense, pressuring Pie early into a character claim probably won us the game
ijb1
ijb1
oopsies wrong account hahah ban meee
ijb1
ijb1
immediately